Welcome to Gaia! ::

[Moved] Empty Weyrs & Scattered Wings

Back to Guilds

AU Non-canon Pern RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragon, Firelizard, Wher, Impression 

Reply Event Archives
Tropical Clutches -- Candidate sign-ups!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:51 am
This is the sign-up thread for both Tropical Clutches - Tropical Fish and Tropical Birds. For a character to be eligible to impress, whether they are a candidate or not, they must be posted here. Characters are welcome to be played in the touching and the hatching without being considered, just don't post them here.

This sign-up will be open until 11:59pm (PST) 13th November

*format and code shamelessly borrowed from previous clutches.

Candidate Form

[u][b]Candidate Information[/b][/u]
[b]Candidate Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Is this candidate a stands impression?[/b]

[b]Mauling?[/b] Please detail the level to which you are comfortable with your candidate being injured, ranging from not at all through to death. If you actively want your character hurt say so here, with details if you want a particular injury.

[u]Optional Questions[/u]
[code][b]How long have they been a candidate?[/b]
[b]Are there any risks to their eligibility to impress?[/b] Such as ageing out or plot reasons having them leave the Weyr after this clutch

[b]Sum up your character's personality as you see them.[/b]

[b]Why does your character want to impress?[/b]
[b]Why do you want the character to impress?[/b]

[b]What plans do you have for your character's development and future?[/b]
[b]How will impressing a dragon affect this?[/b]

[u][b]Dragon Preferences[/b][/u]
[b]Colour preferences?[/b] Is there a colour you prefer for this character? Is there a particular reason?
[b]Make this character exclusive?[/b] They will only be eligible to impress dragons of the above stated colour(s). Please note that you will still have to wait for a compatible personality in a clutch, and that this may require your candidate to stand for multiple clutches and risks them ageing out.

[b]Personality preferences?[/b] Is there a personality you feel would especially suit your character or their development? Similarly, are there any traits that you think do not fit your character or that you do not want to play?

[b]Appearance preferences?[/b] Prefer dragons without patterns, don't like purples hues in your blues? List any feelings you have on the subject here.

[b]Other: [/b]Anything else you feel needs mentioning?

[b]Are there any eggs you feel your character especially resonates with?[/b]

[b]Are there any eggs you especially hope your candidate impresses to?[/b] Even if they overrule preferences above.

[b]Are there any eggs you feel your character is especially poorly suited for?[/b] If so, why?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:49 pm
[Pending?]  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Ryala

Blessed Mage

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:46 am
Candidate Information
Candidate Name: Gwynwwyn
Is this candidate a stands impression? No

Mauling? Little to none

Optional Questions
How long have they been a candidate? a very short time... Less than a month
Are there any risks to their eligibility to impress? No

Sum up your character's personality as you see them. She can be very serious, especially when working. However, she likes to have a little fun with it too, though nothing dangerous (think of someone dancing around the hold humming while cleaning). She may be reserved, and prefer to keep to herself, but it's not impossible to make friends with her, either.

Why does your character want to impress? Gwyn knows the situation is dire. She wants to do her best to help fix it any way she can.
Why do you want the character to impress? Despite her intolerance for imbeciles, she really has a good heart. Plus, with the dedication that she brings to her work, she would certainly be able to keep a dragon well cared for.

What plans do you have for your character's development and future? No plan currently, as events are always changing, and thus shaping the present. For now, I'm just wingin' it!
How will impressing a dragon affect this? This is what I'm talking about. If she doesn't Impress, or does, and the experience of that particular Hatching, if anything happens to her due to dragonets or other Candidates... There's no predicting what will happen. The chance of her Impressing is merely one possible direction she may take.

Dragon Preferences
Colour preferences? female dragon, please
Make this character exclusive? Yes

Personality preferences? I imagine Gwyn's dragon would likely be much like her... Essentially good, a bit snarky, and ready to see things done right. She definitely wouldn't feel well-matched with a troublemaker, or a sneak. Some mischief and teasing between the two would be great, but nothing that would hurt the other or anyone else.

Appearance preferences? I'm pretty good with pretty much anything here, except any over-the-top designs. If a pattern almost completely covers their hide, it just looks cluttered to me. Messy. This is exactly why I hate those ridiculous sugar skull things!

Other: I'm currently unable to answer the egg related questions as I've yet to see them, or anything about the individual eggs other than "Tropical Birds/Fish". Curious to see how those themes turn out, though!

Are there any eggs you feel your character especially resonates with?

Are there any eggs you especially hope your candidate impresses to?

Are there any eggs you feel your character is especially poorly suited for?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:52 am
Candidate Information
Candidate Name: Verria
Is this candidate a stands impression? no

Optional Questions
Mauling? anything, including death

How long have they been a candidate? 3 turns
Are there any risks to their eligibility to impress? nope

Sum up your character's personality as you see them. she is passionate, and very social. Loyal and dutiful. Can't sit still, but has inner strength.

Why does your character want to impress? she wants to ride a dragon like her parents, and match or better her father's rank.
Why do you want the character to impress? I'm good if she does or doesn't.

What plans do you have for your character's development and future? Nothing yet.
How will impressing a dragon affect this? n/a

Dragon Preferences
Colour preferences? nope
Make this character exclusive? nope

Personality preferences? nope

Appearance preferences? nope

Other: thank you!

Are there any eggs you feel your character especially resonates with? haven't seen/touched the eggs, so no

Are there any eggs you especially hope your candidate impresses to? haven't seen/touched the eggs, so no

Are there any eggs you feel your character is especially poorly suited for? haven't seen/touched the eggs, so no
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Candidate Information
Candidate Name: Varella
Is this candidate a stands impression? nope

Mauling? anything, including death

Optional Questions
How long have they been a candidate? 3 Turns

Sum up your character's personality as you see them. does everything her way, stony shell exterior with only 3 people seeing her emotions, whatever she ends up doing she wants to go far, protector of her brother, hates to study prefers to be out doing things

Why does your character want to impress? She wants to make something of herself.
Why do you want the character to impress? I'm good if she does or doesn't

What plans do you have for your character's development and future? haven't decided yet. depends upon her dragon's personality i think
How will impressing a dragon affect this? n/a

Dragon Preferences
Colour preferences? none
Make this character exclusive? none

Personality preferences? none

Appearance preferences? none

Are there any eggs you feel your character especially resonates with? haven't seen/touched the eggs, so no

Are there any eggs you especially hope your candidate impresses to? haven't seen/touched the eggs, so no

Are there any eggs you feel your character is especially poorly suited for? haven't seen/touched the eggs, so no  

magnadearel

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:48 pm
Candidate Information
Candidate Name: Tassiel
Is this candidate a stands impression? no

Optional Questions
Mauling? anything but death

How long have they been a candidate? a few turns (6?)

Sum up your character's personality as you see them. loyal, romantic, awkward, sweet

Dragon Preferences
Colour preferences? nope
Make this character exclusive? nope

Personality preferences? nope

Appearance preferences? nope

Are there any eggs you feel your character especially resonates with? no

Are there any eggs you especially hope your candidate impresses to?

Are there any eggs you feel your character is especially poorly suited for? no  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:34 am
Candidate Information
Candidate Name: Rothgar (R'gar)

Mauling? Anything short of death. Death not ok.

Optional Questions
How long have they been a candidate? Not long, around a turn maybe?
Are there any risks to their eligibility to impress? Nope, he is golden. Good to go. Next time too if needed.

Sum up your character's personality as you see them.
Personality: Positive.
- Adaptable,
- Animal affinity,
- Energetic,
- Fun,
- Generous,
- Sociable.

Personality: Negative.
- Attention whore somewhat, sometimes,
- Difficulty learning new things on his own,
- Rash,
- Thinking ahead is not his forte
Why does your character want to impress? It's kind of a family tradition. Most of his siblings are riders. His father is the Weyrlingmaster.
Why do you want the character to impress? Actually it's fine if he doesn't. Eventually he would age out and continue work with the Weyr Herd.

What plans do you have for your character's development and future? Actually he is an open book. I have always planned it that way.
How will impressing a dragon affect this? Dragon or not, that will be a major driving force in his life.

Dragon Preferences
Colour preferences? No preference.
Make this character exclusive? N/A

Personality preferences? CC is that a cop-out? I don't mean it to be. I really like to see who finds my characters suitable.

Appearance preferences? I like weird dragons. Normal ones are nice too.

Other: He raises llamas. :3

Are there any eggs you feel your character especially resonates with? Don't know.

Are there any eggs you especially hope your candidate impresses to? Cannot say.

Are there any eggs you feel your character is especially poorly suited for? The princess is in another castle.  

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:37 pm
Candidate Information
Candidate Name: Zamistia

Mauling? Some mauling is fine, as long as it does not prevent her from continuing as a candidate or being a weyrling with a dragon.

Optional Questions
How long have they been a candidate? About three months
Are there any risks to their eligibility to impress? None that I can think of

Sum up your character's personality as you see them. She is a kind-hearted girl, who does a lot of her good deeds in secret. She lacks some confidence in herself and the world around her, which makes her extra cautious about everything she does. She is quite perceptive of everything around her, thanks to her caution and fears, but can be put to good use too. She is empathetic, able to understand the feelings around her. She is also very loyal, but also tends to be clingy as well.

Why does your character want to impress? She wants to follow in her older siblings' footprints and help others. She has seen the bond that has developed from her siblings and their dragons, she wants that.
Why do you want the character to impress? She is a sweet girl, who I would love to see with a dragon in this shop. One that will fit her personality, like in the other shop she is in. A dragon that will help her grow, as I have seen can happen.

What plans do you have for your character's development and future? Only know I want her to feel a little bit better about the world around her, to see she can be someone people admire.
How will impressing a dragon affect this? It will help her come out of her shell more.

Dragon Preferences
Colour preferences? Whatever color is fine with me, long as it suits her.
Make this character exclusive? No

Personality preferences? I am good with whatever would best suit her. Maybe a protective dragon, but I am happy with whatever you see as going best with her.

Appearance preferences? None

Other: Nothing I can think of at the moment

Are there any eggs you feel your character especially resonates with? N/A

Are there any eggs you especially hope your candidate impresses to? N/A

Are there any eggs you feel your character is especially poorly suited for? N/A  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:55 am
Candidate Information
Candidate Name: Kakar
Is this candidate a stands impression? Nope

Mauling? No death by mauling pls, other than that anything goes, go ahead and have fun with the depressed twin left behind

~~~~~~

Candidate Information
Candidate Name: Serfie
Is this candidate a stands impression? Kind of, she's sneaking in and hanging around as a drudge near the stands, but on the very edges of the Sands, not down on the main sands dressed as a candidate

Mauling? No death by mauling pls, nothing debilitating (if she flees the weyr for good she needs to be able to manage) Otherwise it's all good.  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

faerie-fallen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:05 pm
Candidate Information
Candidate Name: Meana
Is this candidate a stands impression? Yes

Mauling? Little to none, though she may get jostled and/or knocked over by the crowd. I imagine people are likely to get overly excited or upset by the Hatching and Impressions.

Optional Questions
How long have they been a candidate? Technically, she's not, but she and her sister (the actual candidate, Cyrilla) arrived just in time to touch the eggs.
Are there any risks to their eligibility to impress? Yes. As she's not a true candidate, the chance of her Impressing is actually very slim. If her sister gets sent home or Impresses, Meana will have no further need to be at the Weyr, as she's only there to witness Cyrilla's success and report it to their folks.

Sum up your character's personality as you see them. trustworthy, compassionate, loyal, timid, stubborn, socially awkward

Why does your character want to impress? She's never really had a friend before, and (because she doesn't know just how deeply the bond between dragon and rider can be) she doesn't think anyone (even a dragon) would truly understand her. But she knows there is a bond called Impression, and she knows that she'll never be alone again if she were to Impress.
Why do you want the character to impress? Though young and shy for now, Meana would be a dedicated rider. Not only would she need them, they'll need her, and so she would do all she could for her greatest ally.

What plans do you have for your character's development and future? Given time and a chance, Meana would likely learn to come out of her shell, and be more sociable. Her self esteem would improve, especially if her sister was absent. I believe she would be rather dedicated to her duties, though she would never be comfortable with being in any position of power or authority.
How will impressing a dragon affect this? Were she to Impress, this would give her the greatest gift in the form of her new lifemate, one who would always be there for her. This alone would reassure her that she IS worthy, that she's NOT alone. It would effectively remove her from Cy's tormenting of her. And she would be in a new environment, with a chance to make something of herself. Granted, she may never be the best, but she won't be the worst either.

Dragon Preferences
Colour preferences? None
Make this character exclusive? N/A

Personality preferences? She's likely to get along with pretty much any dragon, as long as they're not evil.

Appearance preferences? None

Other: Thank you for the opportunity!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:12 am
Candidate Information
Candidate Name: Helane
Is this candidate a stands impression? Nope

Mauling? No death by mauling pls, other than that anything goes.  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Event Archives

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items