Quote:
It was an incredible day for a walk on the beach and that was exactly what Ahe and Moana were doing. The troubles within their pride had settled somewhat though things were still tense, coiled and ready to spring at a moment's notice. Still, there wasn't much that could be done about it other than wait and see what happened so to squander a day like today would be foolish. Moana had returned from one of her trips out to visit their allied prides and Ahe was eager to hear all about it. He'd only ever ventured a few paces into the rogue lands in his life and though he had no desire to explore, he did enjoy hearing and learning about the prides his companion had been to.

"So...have you been somewhere where lions do...farm? Farming?" Ahe asked as they walked, the water lapping at their paws. Moana nodded enthusiastically, a grin on her face as she looked up at the much larger lion.

"Oh yes! They do that in the Suzat, it's so strange! They grow plants to keep the herds around."

"Ah...yes, that sounds similar to what the lioness said the other day," Ahe murmured. "She was looking for new trade routes and mentioned that she usually farms. I'd never heard of that before."

Quote:
Tanginika found herself spending more and more time on the shoreline, the sounds of the waves giving her peace of mind as she relaxed in the moment. The sound of the water lapping against the rock was slowly mingled with the voices of two approaching lions, members of her pride. While it wasn't annoying in the least bit, it drew her from her meditation. Not that she had been intentionally trying to do that.

Taking in a deep breath of the salty air she stood up and smiled towards the pair as they strolled along the shoreline, parts of their conversation becoming coherant to her ears and she cocked her head slightly. "It's one way to keep pray abundant, if you don't live near water like us anyway..." The storyteller commented, hoping she wasn't interrupting. Farming was something she'd heard about before, as she'd heard lots of things in her life. "I've never seen it first paw, but I've heard it's a very useful skill."

Quote:
The two were so caught up in speaking to one another that they didn't notice their pridemate until they were nearly upon her. Thankfully she had spotted them and was able to alert them to her presence by adding in her own two cents. Moana startled slightly before laughing at her own tunnel vision while Ahe simply offered Tanginika a placid smile.

"Sorry, you surprised me," Moana said with a wry chuckle, brushing her paw over the sand before her a bit bashfully. "But yes! The Suzat showed me how it all works, it's very interesting and probably really helpful for them since they're sort of cut off from any really plentiful hunting grounds. If they keep the prey there then there's no reason to migrate."

"And since we have the sea," Ahe chimed in, agreeing with the other lioness, "then why worry about where the food will come from?" They did have the herd in the forest that they would take from on occasion but for the most part they dined on seafood.

Quote:
Smiling she waved a paw slightly as if to say, no worries. "I'm sure it would be useful information for the future, if it should ever come pass we need to grow crops." Giving a light laugh she looked around their bountiful home. It would be a dark day indeed if they ever ran out of fish or the jungles ran dry of fruits and other prey.

"Well, you never know, strange things have happened recently and while they've subsided who knows if anything further may happen in the future." Hopefully nothing negative at least, after all the stressfull things that had transpired between the Kizingo'zaa and them they really didn't need anything else to happen.

"Enjoying the weather we've been having as of late?" It had started to cool off, and grow rather cold at night given they were right on the water front.

Quote:
Ahe nodded in agreement: things had been incredibly strange lately, stretching from butting heads with their neighbors, the whole heavenly fiasco, and then most recently with the traveling band of Reavers and the Shade that they had accidentally brought along that caused the death of their king and the rise of his son. Ahe would be glad when things finally settled down as it only seemed to be a tense truce for the time being.

"Oh yes, that's been nice, at least," Moana said with a grin. "No storms as of late, makes for nice beach walking weather. Though I do enjoy when little treasures are washed up by the stormy sea." She'd been out and about doing her ambassador duties so to come home to sunny skies and cool breezes off the water was certainly a blessing.

"It hasn't been stormy out in the rogue lands, has it?" Ahe asked with a little tone of concern to his voice which had Moana shaking her head.

"Oh no, but it's been hot. Feeling the sea breeze in my fur is quite a relief!" She glanced at Tanginika with a little grin. "You must know, having grown up elsewhere."

Quote:
When was the last time a storm had come to pass upon their lands? She gave it a brief thought but it passed before long and she gave a small shrug of her shoulders, "I'm not entirely sure, none of the passing strangers have mentioned anything if it has been." It wouldn't surprise her if one didn't roll on through in the near future given the peace they'd been having.

It was true she hadn't spent all of her life in the lands, but that was so long ago now that she wouldn't be able to give anyone an accurate description of what life beyond the sea would be like. Just faint memories, mixed into the stories she told other members of the pride. "I do love the way the sea air feels on the skin on warm days like this. Makes you wonder why anyone would wish to live elsewhere eh?"

"Have you ever considered even just venturing from the pride at all?" It was just something she was curious about, some members never gave it any thought at all.

Quote:
Moana laughed lightly and nodded in agreement. While she had only visited a few other prides none of them had been quite as wonderful as her home. Sure, there were tough times to wade through at the moment but she was confident the sun would shine on the Bahari once again. Couldn't have a rainbow without some rain, right?

"Oh, I love going out!" she said excitedly, glancing up at the large male beside her whose face was slightly pinched with uncertainty. "Ahe's a bit of a homebody so he's not too keen on leaving but I love learning about other prides. It's all so fascinating!"

"And dangerous," Ahe added quietly. Clearly he wasn't the most fond of outsiders considering the havoc they'd brought upon their pride recently. Even their neighbors who usually kept to themselves had threatened the peace between their prides. No, for him it was best to stay put and perhaps venture just a bit past the border. He knew not all strangers were out to bring them trouble but the few that had come weren't making a very good reputation for those that came in the future.

"Well, I'll go out and find all the friendly prides and rogues," Moana said as cheerful as ever before glancing back at Tanginika. "What about you? Do you ever leave?"

Quote:
It was nice to hear that Moana enjoyed venturing forth and learning more about the lands around them, "I bet you have a number of stories kept away from all those trips." At least if she went out of the pride in a fequent manner she'd keep a few tucked away for a rainy day, something to keep cubs amused with.

"Nothing wrong with being a homebody." Giving Ahe a warm smile she returned her gaze back to Moana, "I haven't been out in a long time, I'd say as of late the closest I could say I've gone to anywhere would be the rift between our lands and the Kizingo'zaa." There hadn't been much of an urge to venture forth from the lands within her, but perhaps she would in the future, if only to gain fodder for her tales she liked to tell.

"Maybe the next time you go, I could accompany you."

Quote:
"That would be fun," Moana agreed. "Could always do with some company! Getting to new places is fun but the getting there bit can be a bit boring." And dangerous, she'd heard, but so far she'd been lucky with no bad run-ins. She wasn't a fighter, though, so if it ever came down to it she might be in a bit of trouble on her own.

Ahe gave a little hum of agreement, rather liking the idea of Moana having a traveling buddy at least some of the time. He could protect her here when danger arose but out there it was much harder. He'd have to go with her and the thought of leaving the sea that far behind wasn't something that interested him at all.

"I'll let you know the next time I'm sent out," Moana said cheerfully as she grinned up at Ahe, knowing very well that he'd probably like the idea of that. "We'll let you get back to enjoying the sea, though. It was nice chatting with you, Tanginika!"

"Indeed," Ahe said with a little bob of his head towards the other lioness. "Enjoy your day."

Quote:
Pleased to know that she could tag along in the future she was happy to know she might have a new friend, or at least an acquaintance. "I'll keep an ear out, I do hope the two of you enjoy the rest of your day as well. Please take care." Giving a bow of her head she waved a paw at them in a friendly farewell and figured she'd take herself further along the shoreline, perhaps catch a fish or two for dinner later.

"It was a pleasure and please, feel free to bother at any time." Giving a last nod she parted from them to carry about her day.