Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands
[PRP] Oceanside Mingling (Vaughn & Fana)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:16 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It was a beautiful evening. Vaughn had always been a bit of a romantic, but even without that, he liked to think that this would have been a fantastic spot to really get to know someone. The setting sun made the ocean water glimmer, and beneath it he could spy a handful of various colored fish swimming about. A small part of him considered taking a dip... but, well, he thought he looked like a floundering puffer fish in the water. He didn’t like to embarrass himself like that, even if he was by himself here.

The lion was taking a break for the day, content in the knowledge that any cubs he was watching were back with their parents. He’d briefly considered visiting his parents, but now that he and his siblings were gone, the two were especially lovey doves, and frankly, he didn’t want to ruin their fun.

Which is how he’d found himself instead sitting along the edge of the beach, watching serenely as the waves slid in and out in front of him.

SSBrosB

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:26 pm
User Image It had been a while since she had gotten some free time back in the pride. It seemed that every time that she got back and wanted to relax for a little bit, there was yet another trip she needed to go on to improve relations with other prides, groups, and whatever else other large groups of animals were called. Not that she disliked the job, but she was "native" to the Bahari'mtoto and always felt much more at home in the pride. She loved traveling, she just wished she had more time to stay at the pride than she did.

So, it was during one of these rare times that she had snuck out to swim for much of the afternoon. It was only when it was turning a bit darker did she realize that it was so late. She wanted to swim more, but if there was one thing she loved to watch, it was the light, whatever light could be found at least, reflecting on the water and watching as the colors changed.

And so, she had pushed herself out of the water and had dried herself off with the usual technique of moving her fur around rapidly.

Only then did she notice that there was another lion around! And she probably got him soaked! "Oh my gosh are you okay?! I didn't even see you! I'm so sorry about that!" She said, moving over to him to check to see that she didn't soak him!

MangoMeow

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:33 am
His eyes had slipped closed at some point, so peaceful the situation was, and it was probably why he hadn't noticed the female coming out of the water near him until the water began hitting him.

Jolting in shock, Vaughn's eyes snapped open and he turned his head to glance over at her. He was generally used to water, having grown up beside the nearby river, but he still hadn't been expecting that. Upon spotting Fana, he relaxed again and shook his head, a small smile on his face.

"I'm fine." The dripping water from his mane maybe countered that statement, but truly, it was just water. "I'm used to getting wet around here."

Vaughn tilted his head thoughtfully next, "Enjoying the evening as well?"

SSBrosB

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:04 pm
Fana hesitated for a moment, wanting to confirm that the male truly was okay with getting wet. It seemed he was, and she felt relieved. She nodded, taking a look out at the water before turning back to address him. "Yes, I love it. I haven't been able to swim in it for a while so I wanted to spend as much time in there as I could." She would probably have been happiest if she was actually able to breath water. But alas, all she could do was swim in it.

"I'm Fana. I'm usually traveling to other prides and such so I'm not around here as much as I want to be." Really, she wondered what she had been thinking when she was younger and wanted to do this job. Ah, but the grass was always greener, right?

"May I ask who you are? I don't believe we've met yet!"

MangoMeow

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:59 am
He thought for a minute, before nodded, "I don't think we have either." Which wasn't too surprising. He and his siblings had been born during the more tremulous time for the pride, and his parents had chosen to keep them relatively hidden away because of it. It was nice being able to get out and meet people now.

"I'm Vaughn," he said with a smile, "It's nice to meet you, Fana."

He paused with a tilt of his head, curiosity growing on his face, "Sounds like a busy life. I've never been outside the pride before. Is it interesting?"

SSBrosB

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:52 pm
"It's nice to meet you too Vaughn!" She said, excited that she actually knew the name of another in her pride. Too often it felt like she was surrounded by complete strangers!

"It is! You wouldn't believe all of different types of places outside of here! Some nowhere in the ocean, places that are only sand, places that aren't oceans but are surrounded by water anyway... I don't think I'd believe it if I didn't see it for myself!" Really, traveling was great and she loved it so. But her face drooped a little. "Still, it feels like I come home to so many unknown lions, like I've missed out on everything."

She shook her head a little and a bit of water that was clinging to her flew off. "I know it's what I need to do, but I've been feeling quite homesick lately. I think I want to stay here for a while before heading out again. What about you? What do you do around here Vaughn? There are so many positions, I'm curious! Though if you aren't comfortable telling me, that's fine!" She always wanted to make sure that those she was talking to did have to feel pressured to answer her questions. She couldn't help but be curious though!

MangoMeow

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:13 pm
He perked up, interest even more piqued as she described the things she had come across. Seeing places with no ocean sounded strange, but he would nonetheless love to see them someday too. His profession didn't quite allow for that though.

Vaughn frowned slightly as she seemed to droop, before smiling softly, "That sounds tough, but hey, you get to meet me today, and I can always help catch you up when you come back." He certainly didn't mind doing so.

He clucked his tongue as she subject turned to what he did, "Oh, I'm a Pombuka, so I watch cubs, mostly." He grinned, "They like to think they can outwit me, but they're not very good at it. Still, it's fun to play with them."

SSBrosB

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:38 pm
Fana couldn't help but giggle. "Yes, that's true." She probably would have met him earlier if she stayed in the pride, but ah well, she was meeting him now as he had said! She perked up at the last part though. "Would you really? That would be amazing!" And it would she would feel a lot less guilty about leaving home if she had someone she could rely on to tell her what had happened.

She smirked at him. "Oh really? It does sound fun though, playing with cubs. When I have cubs someday I'd like to stay home while they grow up. I don't want them to be without a mother for days on end. But I'll eventually start traveling again once they're grown." She nodded, as though confirming her eventual future plans. She wasn't sure when it would happen, but she hoped that it would happen some day. Perhaps with a lion as handsome as Vaughn too! "It must be interesting to see cubs learn and grow. With both of our positions, it seems that we both get to learn new things every day."

MangoMeow
I'm so sorry. crying Totally understand if you don't want to continue this/etc.!

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:37 pm
He nodded back emphatically, more than happy to relate the news to his new friend. He would love to hear of what she learned while she was out too.

Vaughn laughed lightly back at her response about cubs, "It is interesting, though sometimes it can be a struggle to get them to concentrate. Still, I find it fun." He hummed thoughtfully, "If you ever want to join me while I cubsit, I'd be happy to introduce you to some of our younger learners. You'll get a taste of what it's like." He said with a grin.

He paused then, noticing the sun dipping below the horizon now, and then nodded, "Anyway, we both came here to relax from work. What do you say to a quick dip in the water before night falls?"

SSBrosB
It's totally fine! I've been slow lately anyway. ;; I think we're getting close to finishing off this rp too.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:20 pm
The idea of cub-sitting was both interesting and terrifying to the lioness. Nonetheless, she wanted to try it out. "Sounds like a plan. I would love to join you sometime for cub-sitting. Besides, it will be good practice for when I have my own." Being by herself out in the world and traveling all the time, she barely got to know any others besides even having the time to learn how to take care of cubs!

"That would be great. And as much as I love swimming at night, I think after the dip I'll have had enough for the day. Then we can go and talk more within the pride?" She wanted to learn more about him, and while this conversation had been lovely, she hadn't quite felt like she had gotten to talk to him as much as she wanted.

MangoMeow
Oh my gosh I am so sorry again! crying but we can end it either here or with a post from you!

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:13 pm
"Sounds good to me!" He would love to learn more about her.

Standing up, Vaughn cast a glance at the water before letting a playful smile grow on his face. Perhaps it was the cub-sitting side of him showing then, but he leaned forward to splash some water over at Fana with a laugh, before dancing away into the water.

SSBrosB
A very short finishing post from me too~ :3

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces