Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:02 pm
Ilharen & White Cimarath

Riders from Monaco Bay. When he'd found out his heart had stopped, but he'd soon been able to find out that his weyrmate (former?) wasn't among them. He was glad, sad but glad. Much better that he was safe, that they could still write for the rest of their lives even if... Even if it was, perhaps, time for them to move on - that was what he thought his love was hinting at. No time for that right now though, he was throwing a party!

Cimarath appeared over the glistening lake at sunset and gave a high sweet call. Hello everyone; it's Ilharen and Cimarath, remember us? They hadn't known most of these pairs well as far as he knew but that didn't deter him in the least, and chances were they would at least be recognised anyway. We come bearing wine, treats, and music - party in the Weyrbowl starting now!

S'var 1

While S'var didn't claim a personal relationship of any kind with the pair who had just appeared he did recognise them, white dragons were rarer than golds and so it was hard not to at least be aware of them within your Weyr.

The white's declaration brought a smile to S'var's lips; he closed his book and looked around the common room that the entourage still claimed as their own. "This sounds more promising than my evening plans, is anyone else coming?"  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:13 pm
C'ran of green Tefelath (1)

C'ran didn't know the man personally, but a white was something he did keep track of. Well... Maybe he did know them personally? Hm... He guessed he'd have to wait until the party got started to be sure. But... Food! Wine! MUSIC, even! Maybe he could have a full dance with his Leiya where she didn't feel nervous at providing the music.

Dimeti of white Giligelith (1)

Ah! A brother of the hide! And a vaguely familiar voice, to boot! It had been some time, though, he'd certainly need some of that wine and treats to remember. Eager to help, the pair trotted out to the weyrbowl to greet their brothers. Only good things could come from this meal, and Dimeti couldn't begin to state just how much he was looking forward to it.  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:33 pm
Ruhane Chiisai

Ilharen & white Cimarath

Cimarath touched down as light as a feather, although to be fair a slightly wonky feather - he favoured his weak right leg as he had from the moment of his hatching. There was no room for a passenger on the small white dragon but what there was room for, strapped down his flanks, was a number of leather bags - several of them clinked in a promising manner.

As riders began to come out of the Weyr Ilharen vaulted lightly to the ground and set his goggles on top of his head, a broad smile lighting his youthful features as the first little group of them approached.

"Fancy seeing all of you here!"

S'var & brown Nemanath 2

"A pleasure to see you too Ilharen." S'var smiled at the young man as he approached and reached out to clasp his hand in greeting. "S'var of brown Nemanath, can we help with anything?" As he spoke he ran an eye over the bags strapped to the white dragon's harness, it looked as though they were going to be well supplied.

"Please, yeah," Ilharen nodded as he started to unfasten bags and pass them out to willing parties. "Let's see that one there's bottles of wine, this is skins of ale, and this one here's pies. The music should be here soon, they were just harnessing up as I left. Where would y'like t'set up then?"  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:52 pm
TawnyAngel

C'ran of green Tefelath (2)

C'ran was happy to abduct some of those bags, carrying the bottles himself and hoisting the wines and pies over Tefelath's neck. She didn't seem all that pleased to act as a work horse, but instead turned her muzzle to the white and bowed her head gently. ~And a hello to you, too.~ She tilted her head at the white. ~Injured yourself?~

Dimeti of white Giligelith (2)

Dimeti was happy to carry what was left. Which, mostly, was air. "We've got the tables over by the kitchen. Plenty of room in the outdoor eatery, and not a bad breeze for the day. Still warm here, though." He shrugged and waved towards it, watching C'ran take some of the heavier bags on his green and letting him. Giligelith purred as she drew closer to the other southern white. ~And a good morrow to you, as well, friend Cimaranth. It has been some time! I should hope you'll remember me?~ those small eyes whirled hopefully and with a smile to them.  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:07 pm
Ruhane Chiisai

Ilharen & White Cimarath

Ilharen smiled and shouldered a bag or two himself as the greenrider. "Thanks friend." He couldn't help but notice that Dimeti managed to avoid carrying his share but it wasn't important and so he decided not to mention it. Instead he said; "Shall we go inside f'now? Perhaps we can come out later once the sun's down proper."

Injured? Cimarath asked, including all the nearby dragons in his words. A moment later he caught on and crooned softly. Oh that! No it's always been like this, it didn't form quite right when I was in my egg. Better a front leg than a back leg though, taking off fast would be difficult with a wonky back leg. It did make getting around on the ground a bit more difficult, and he had to be more careful than most with his landings, but it had never particularly troubled him.

Giligelith, of course I remember you! Cimarath warbled a warm greeting to the other white dragon and now that he was released from his baggage he hobbled over to give them a nuzzle - truthfully the name had escaped him but Ilharen had remembered and that was practically the same thing. Shall we all sit out here in the last of the sun together? We don't get very much of it at Fort at this time of the turn.

S'var 3

"Inside for now suits me," S'var confirmed as Nemanath glided ponderously down to join the group, sending a wordless feeling of greeting to the smaller trio as he alighted a little way off. "I would enjoy coming out again later though, once the stars are out." He had always loved the stars, flying at night you could almost feel as though you were among them.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:52 pm
C'ran of Tefelath (3)

C'ran smiled, moving to follow along. "Sounds like an okay idea to me!" He enjoyed the stars, himself, and would be overjoyed to follow along with that idea. "The common area keeps a bit cooler than the rest of the bowl can be 't times." He glanced at his green and chuckled. "Oh, fine. You can stay out." He lifted one of the bags off the green and glanced back. "Dimeti, would you mind?"

~No, by all means! Use your well-oiled, flight-enabled, fire-breathing soulmate as a herdbeast.~ She was relieved when Dimeti did finally take the last bag from her neck, though, and moved to join the whites and brown for a good sun. ~Good to hear you're not injured. Hope the trip wasn't harsh on you, with all that gear slung over your hips?~

Dimeti of Giligelith (3)

Dimeti hid a sigh and worked the saddlebags off Tefelath's shoulders when C'ran pointed out the need. He wasn't pleased with the work, but he was doing it, anyways.

Giligelith enjoyed the nuzzle herself, returning it in ernest. She may not feel certain needs, but a good socializing now and again wasn't one she escaped. ~Come. I've found the lateday sun's best from that patch by the beast pens and the pond.~ She nodded, smiling as she offered a shoulder for her brother to lean on and ease his travel.  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:09 pm
Ruhane Chiisai

Ilharen & White Cimarath

"So how's it been?" Ilharen asked as they headed towards the Weyr. "Living here f'a month with just the fifteen of you I mean." The emptiness of the bowl was a little haunting, and he could imagine it being outright creepy on a dark night.

Cimarath radiated amusement at Tefelath's commentary on the baggage. Riders, right? And no, it was fine thank you - I wouldn't have wanted to try any acrobatics with that lot strapped onto me but it was fine for the short journey here. Although he didn't actually need any support Cimarath was glad to drape a wing over Giligelith for the companionable contact and he sent the other white a feeling of thanks. I really have missed proper sun, I wonder if Ilha and I might be able to spend some time here. It would be a dry heat, not like their tropical home, but good all the same.

S'var & Brown Nemanath 4

"Well there's been plenty to keep us busy but I'm glad we don't have to conceal ourselves anymore," S'var replied with a slight smile to Ilharen. "And I think we'll all be glad of a more varied diet; things that aren't either bread and beans or dried, smoked, salted, or pickled in some way. After a month it does get a little wearing."

As the green and whites moved away Nemanath fell in behind them, keeping his long strides ponderous to account for their shorter legs. Giligelith is correct, it is the best place in the Weyr, he agreed, his seldom heard voice coming through cool and precise - rather unlike his warm solid mental presence.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:15 am
TawnyAngel

C'ran 4

Tefelath churred, moving over to the space to investigate the grass, and was surprised to find the brown grass was less... brown, here. Perhaps it was, indeed, the best evening sunning spot! Hmmm, her rider hadn't pointed that out before. She shot him a feeling akin to sticking her tongue out at him and let the visitor have first pick of his lounge.

C'ran chuckled, nodding as he waved at his dragon and headed in with the others, weighed down with bags of whatever he'd picked up to carry. "I agree. The change will be nice, an' my Leiya doesn't have to cook to make it happen, but perhaps she might be convinced later."

Dimeti 4

Dimeti hid a soured look at being made to do the work, but followed along. "Oh, yeah. What I wouldn't give for some cheese and fresh meat, or a bowl of mixed fruit and vegetables!"

His white was in one of her sweeter moods, and shared an inviting feeling of her own, folding her own white wing over her friend in camaraderie. ~~  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:13 am
Ruhane Chiisai

Ilharen & Cimarath

"Well then y'll be pleased t'hear I brought some fruit with me!" Ilharen said with a grin to the trio. "Nothing like food for bringing people t'gether, well food and drink that is." Not that he could indulge too much himself this evening, not if he and Cimarath were going to be back at Fort in time for bed at least.

Don't drink and between! the white exclaimed privately to his rider with the feeling of a grin.

S'var 5

"That's as much music to my ears as your promise of music," S'var confirmed with a slight chuckle. After a moment however he nodded at C'ran and added; "But Leiya's cooking has certainly made the best out of what we've had to work with here. Do you think she'd enjoy working with something fresh?" She might prefer to just hand over cooking duties now, he didn't know the young woman well enough to guess.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:43 am
TawnyAngel

C'ran 5

C'ran nodded and smiled. "She enjoys it some, but I'm sure she won't mind not being the main cook." He smiled weakly. He hadn't exactly asked her preference recently, and thinking about that now made him feel like a bad weyrmate. "I'm sure she'd love to play with fresh ingredients, though."

Dimeti 5

Dimeti smirked. "Well, I'd think if she minded, she'd have said something about it." He all but purred as he peered around. "Where is she, anyways, C'ran?"

C'ran

He shrugged. "Out running exercises, I'd imagine." He reached out to his green and bit back his lip at her remark. "We've been in hiding for a while. Not needing to be's a blessing."  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:22 pm
Ruhane Chiisai

Ilharen

"It must be, I wouldn't have fancied holing up here f'a whole month," Ilharen said sympathetically with a soft chuckle and a shake of his head as they stepped into the glow-lit cool of the Weyr. "And if I could get the time away from my duties I'd love t'come and cook f'all of you, I don't think my wingleader would approve that one though." There was always another sweep to fly, another Hold to visit for this or that. "I could manage one or two in my free time though I'm sure, if y'd be interested of course. D'you like spicy food?"

S'var 6

"It was certainly restricting, and when we did need to go out for one thing or another there was always the worry that we might accidentally run across one of you and give the game away sooner than intended." S'var smiled slightly at the young rider's offer and nodded. "Well I for one never say no to somebody who wants to cook for me but I must admit my tolerance for spice isn't the highest, I spent most of my life around Telgar and spice doesn't feature too heavily in the local cuisine."  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:46 pm
TawnyAngel

C'ran 6

C'ran nodded for both Ilharen's and S'var's comments. Restricting was the right word, and he didn't look to have planned on being holed up in a weyr the whole time. "I don't mind spicy, personally. You wanna cook, come on over." He chuckled up at the visitor.

Dimeti 6

Dimeti chuckled. "Yeah, you're welcome to bring on the spicy anytime. Love me some of that." He grinned at his fellow white-rider. He hadn't used to be a big fan of spicy foods, but it was something that had grown on him over the years. A little extra spice never hurt anyone, after all.  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:38 pm
Ruhane Chiisai

Ilharen

"It's a date then," Ilharen said with a soft chuckle and a warm smile for the trio. "I'll make a few different things at different heats, how's that?" He didn't want to sear any tongues, but he also didn't want to disappoint anybody who was looking for a little spice in their life.

As they stepped into what had to be the dininghall Ilharen peered around and had to repress a shiver at how empty, dark, and echoing it was. Didn't make sense to keep it brightly lit for less than a score of riders he supposed but it was still eerie. "Is this where y've been eating and such?" he asked with just a hint of discomfort in his voice.

S'var 7

"Much appreciated," S'var replied with a small smile and a slight nod, there were probably others amongst them who wouldn't want something too hot - that or those who'd just enjoy the variety of a few dishes.

The big empty space of the dininghall wasn't the most welcoming, S'var was quite used to it by now but that didn't mean he didn't understand Ilharen's apparent reservations about it. "Not the most cosy is it," he said, giving the younger rider a pat on the shoulder as they walked on. "Actually we've set up a little common room through in the next chamber right by the kitchens, I suppose it was a serving area - or maybe even a common room for the lower caverns staff before... And of course, will be again one day." He believed it would happen, he just didn't know if he'd get to see it or not.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:11 am
TawnyAngel

Dimeti 7

Well, we HAVE done without much staff for a month or more. No-one to fall back on for cozy touches or dully-roaring commons to make it feel more comfortable. Dimeti hummed, and couldn't help being eager for the food, though. Spicy, savory... something besides preserved and pickled. Anything besides!

C'ran 7

"Oi!" C'ran barked at Dimeti. "We've tried what we can! ... We just haven't many craftsmen among us to repair draperies and furniture and whatnot, that's all. With a little more sprucing than we've been able to do, it will be just as homey as ever it was before."  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:28 pm
Ruhane Chiisai

Ilharen

Ilharen winced very slightly at the bark from C'ran, he'd never been a fan of conflict, and with a smile and a placating gesture to both he said; "And you've done wonderfully with that y've had from what I've heard, but it'll be good t'have more yeah, and more people around?" Hopefully enough to make the place feel a bit less dead, he didn't envy the Weyrlings growing up here otherwise... Or, would they even stay? Could they be transported safely back to Fort? Well, they'd find out soon enough.

S'var 8

"We have done a good job, all of us," S'var agreed with a smile to Ilharen and a nod to his two companions as he set down the bag he'd been carrying on the table and opened it up. "And it looks as though you've done a wonderful job with these supplies too," he added as he took the skins of what he assumed was ale out before setting the empty bag aside. "What else do we have here then?" The whiterider had mentioned pies and wine, and S'var was keen to see both.

"There's fresh fruit here," Ilharen set his bag down on the table, "and I think C'ran has the wine, and Dimeti the pies? There's four different kinds, three savoury and one sweet."  
Other Territories

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff