Submit

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:45 am
magnadearel
Carrot Cake

Oh, a visitor?

A warm, heavy, comforting presence pressed gently against Turan's mind and a wave of friendliness flowed out from the shell. Was there something Turanves needed? Some way Carrot Cake could help him? It was of course rather stuck where it was but it could listen, and it could talk.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:26 pm
The_Muffin_Puppy
Roulade

That was brilliant! Lorux praised Battenburg with a broad grin and gave the shell a last pat. Can't wait to see what you pull out on hatching day.

Who next though? Well, as he sort of had a theme of red going Roulade had sort of purplish red markings? Maybe Cheesecake after that, but for now he approached Roulade and laid a hand on the shell. Hi there, nice to meet you!  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:40 pm
TawnyAngel

Roulade seems to almost jump when Lorux touches their shell. Oh, hello there. Nice to meet you too. The egg is noticeably shy. Uncertainty of how to interact with this new individual hovering on the surface of their mind. Despite this however the mind seems to be holding itself with a natural poise, their anxiety not managing to mask the innate grace held within the shell.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:32 pm
The_Muffin_Puppy
Roulade

The egg's response made him feel a bit awkward about his boisterous greeting, but only a bit. Sorry about that, he thought with a friendly mental nudge that he hoped was a bit less intense. I'm just really excited to meet all of you, you know? You've got the grace of a Lady and a Harper, you know that? Er- and if you're not a lady sorry about that. Smooth!  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:03 pm
Candidate Turanves

This egg was much more warm and welcoming. He brushed his fingers along the shell at the friendliness. He needed to find his dragon in this clutch. Was that Carrot Cake? Turan was content to wait until hatching to meet him of course. Reluctantly it was time for him to move on. Until your hatching day, he thought to the egg.

Turan moved on towards Tiramisu Egg. What did this egg think of all of this? Was it enjoying all the people?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:27 am
TawnyAngel

It was okay, you just caught, Roulade by surprise. Mother did say people would be visiting. They should have been expecting it really. Roulade didn't seem to be forthcoming with conversation. There was a welcoming air to their mind, but they just didn't seem to be one for talking.  

The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:23 pm
Finally present, Shahaeran thanked her rider with a deep bow and hurried to the sands in her outfit; she'd chosen a boy's clothes just because they seemed more comfortable, but had found a tailor to spice them up at some point, some small bit of leafy embroidery on one leg's hemwork. She brushed out the pantlegs as she hurried onto the sands and drew to a stop at the great bulk of a gold across the sands. It took a few moments before she managed to collect herself and give another low bow, edges of her small flute peeking from around her hands. "Thank you, so much, Julith, for the opportunity to meet your brood. It is an absolute honor to be here with you."

She smiled softly as she stood and smiled at the gold, one of those vaguely oblivious 'everything is right with the world' types of smiled, and turned gently towards the eggs to move at a brisk, short-stepped walk towards them. She pondered the lot of them for a few moments and imagined what it must be like to reach out with her mind to the eggs, to speak to them without being near, as a rider and his mount could do. To... To have that connection. She took a steadying breath, before she stepped forward resolutely, and her mind continued the train even as she set to task. 'Soon', she thought simply, hand settled lightly upon the Tiramisu's shell.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:30 pm
K'ndayo and Blue Audrath - 3

K'ndayo grunted his agreement. There was so much to consider about the future of these Candidates and their dragons. Should they survive, their legacies would be perhaps brighter than if they had been in the South. Greens clutching, for example. Would these Greens be able to do that, too? If it was because of surviving the plague, then the answer was positive. Fort was probably the best place for them, for now. As S'var said, they would eventually fill all the Northern Weyrs.

He looked over at S'var. "I know that I came along for selfish reasons. But this is something very important. We do not know how different things will be in the coming Turns, but I feel honored to be a part of this. This Queen, these eggs, the eggs hatched by the Greens. Every survivor of this plague is part of something new."  

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:42 am
The_Muffin_Puppy
Blackforest Gateu

Well it was great to meet you, Lorux said with a softer smile as he gave the egg a gentle pat. Good luck on the hatching day, looking forward to seeing you out there!

Scratching his chin Lorux debated which egg to visit next for a few moments before reaching a decision and moving a short distance over to the Blackforest Gateu egg and reached out to touch it, he really shouldn't just go to the brightly coloured ones after all and the dark sheen on this one was really pretty too. Hello there, how's it going with you?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:00 am
Melomar

S'var 4

"Selfish?" S'var looked around from the clutch to K'ndayo and smiled slightly at the young man. "I don't know about that. You may have had other things on your mind," other people, but he wouldn't blurt that out in mixed company, "but if that was your only reason I think you would have left long before M'rio and Julith's plan, give yourself a little more credit K'ndayo." All of them had reasons for coming beyond wanting to support the mission but that didn't take away from their actions, at least it didn't in his opinion.

"I feel honoured as well," S'var continued, casting his gaze back over the Sands and the eggs that rested there. "I hope I live to see more of it, to see the North thrive again as it prepares for the Pass, but if that's not to be I'm glad that I was here today to see this."  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:20 pm
K'ndayo and Blue Audrath - 4

S'var's way of interpreting K'ndayo's situation was not wrong. But K'ndayo was focused on the part he felt guilty about: his weyrmate. His not telling his weyrmate right away when he arrived, or at least when Julith's entourage reached out to Fort Weyr. But S'var was right, K'ndayo also wanted to help M'rio and Julith. It held perhaps half of his intentions at heart, the other half being En'il. Still, he could not happily and verbally agree with the elder rider's words. So he sat in silence with that pensive look on his face instead.

K'ndayo wished for all fifteen riders and dragons to live to see the changes they had set in motion. Perhaps that could not be. Who could know? "Don't think you can let yourself off the hook too soon, sir. You are one of our leaders, like it or not. You have to see this through to the end," the Bluerider said with a smirk.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:55 pm
Melomar

S'var 5

K'ndayo's words brought a warm smile to S'var's face and as he turned to look at the younger man again his eyes were alight with good humour. "If I've been able to offer any comfort or guidance I'm glad, and I can promise you that Nemanath and I intend to be around for a few decades yet. We've missed the north, we don't want to leave it again too quickly. Besides," he shrugged slightly and made a light gesture towards the sands, "it's good to be useful again, to be doing things that matter; I feel younger now than I have since we were transferred south."  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:46 pm
TawnyAngel

Blackforest Gateu doesn't seem to immediately make itself known. The egg appears to be silent. Until Lorux begins to feel a sensation prickling at the back of his neck. The sensation of being watched creeping up his spine. Attempting to hone in on the presence may get him the flash of a charming smile, the sensation of dust being disturbed, or the ghost of a wicked laugh; but the presence always vanishes before anything solid can be determined. No matter how hard Lorux may try, Blackforest Gateu cannot be observed or really felt. The egg seeming as though it is toying with Lorux in a void, appearing and vanishing far too quickly for the candidate to pin down.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:01 pm
The_Muffin_Puppy
Blackforest Gateu

After the initial surprise and confusion at the egg's stalking presence Lorux started to grin, this was a fun game! Well, fun thing even if it wasn't a game. If he couldn't pin it down then maybe - ?

Lorux tried to stretch his mind out sort of thin and wide, reaching for any touch of the Blackforest Gateu's presence so that maybe he could piece a bit more of it together from all the scattered little bits and pieces. Ready or not, here I come!  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:38 pm
TawnyAngel

A deep chuckle seemed to vibrate through the shell under Lorux's fingers. The candidate's challenge was accepted. As quickly as a flame being blown out, all traces of Blackforest Gateu evaporated. The void before Lorux seemed to deepen. As though he was looking over a cliff into the midnight ocean. In the furthest distance, for just a fraction of a moment, there was a glint. Something that looked suspiciously like teeth.  
Event Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff