Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:49 pm

S'var loved his peace and quiet but Igen could be too quiet at times. Just at the moment however he was content, evening had drawn in and he was seated by a crackling fire in the space they had adopted as a common room - it was large enough for all of them to be comfortable, but not too large for them to be comfortable. In the past he imaged it might have been the office of a senior crafter within the Weyr, maybe even the Headwoman, but for now it served them very nicely.

J'hm was going to Fort tomorrow.

S'var crossed his feet in a slightly different manner on the stool that stood before the slightly tattered armchair he'd claimed and hauled in here from another part of the Weyr a few sevendays ago, sipped his wine, and turned the page of his book.

Once J'hm had been to Fort, Fort would come here, and then the sickness would set in for sure.

Mmh.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:10 pm
Dimeti of white Giligelilth (1)

Dimeti had been wandering about the weyr for some time. He'd spent some time cleaning the weyrs and reorganizing furniture, and not always in the most helpful or appropriate of fashions, and now he was looking for somewhere to relax and someone to tease.

And there he was, sippin' wine and reading a book.

S'var would feel his armchair shift with the extra weight of another rider on its back, peering over shoulder and head at the book. "Good novel?"  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:16 pm

Ah, Dimeti.

The young man certainly thought something of himself, many things as far as S'var could tell, and he was definitely charming.

"Indeed." S'var slipped his bookmark into place, closed the volume, and looked up with a hint of a smile. "It's an old favourite of mine, I know it nearly word for word but I still enjoy reading it again from time to time and especially in trying times. Would you like to join me?" S'var indicated another comfortable chair with his book. "There's more wine in the jug, and plenty of cups."

What he couldn't understand was why Dimeti had come here, but perhaps he could find that out now over a relaxed conversation.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:37 pm
Dimeti of white Giligelilth (2)

The svelt figure of the rider peered down at his newest target, playful eyes bouncing between the book and the wine. 'More in the barrel', he says, like Dimeti wanted to get his own. "Can't say as I've ever found a book I liked that much." he purred smoothly, dropping his head onto his folded hands. "Tell me about it, won't you?"  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:55 pm

S'var resisted the urge to laugh at Dimeti's purr and instead reached out to refill his cup. "Is that so," he said with a small smile as he took a sip and looked steadily at the lounging youth over the rim. "I'm sorry to hear it, I've been on a great many journeys with good books without ever leaving my chair. This one," he motioned to it,"is a tale of parted twins, deception, love, and comeuppance. Does any of that catch your interest?" What did the boy think he was doing, lounging around like that? That was of course more or less a rhetorical question, S'var could guess but he still questioned it because directed at him such a show was more than a little amusing.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:15 pm
Dimeti of white Giligelilth (3)

Dimeti watched S'var's movements. "Sounds like it could be an interesting journey. Perhaps one that would work well shared with another?" he offered, an inviting smile in his face as his head tilted coyly. Dimeti didn't care the man was older, or bald, or bored of him. He was just enjoying himself, and maybe a book wouldn't be so bad, if he didn't have to do his own reading.  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:17 am
S'var 4

"Stories are always better shared, like many things in life," S'var agreed with a slight nod, he wasn't sure that the young man was actually interested in the story but for now he would take his words at face value. "I could read a little of it to you if you like? If it catches your fancy you'd be welcome to borrow my copy."

Ruhane Chiisai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:44 pm
C'ran 4
TawnyAngel

The trimmed youth nodded. "Think I'd rather hear it read than read it myself." He lounged there for a moment, watching the older man's bare head curiously. His mind played at the idea that he must get cold easier than men with a full head of hair. His eyes caught on the darker patch along the side and back and he felt so, so tempted to feel the man's head and find out if it was covered in sunset's-shadow fuzz. "More reason to hang around your weyr, I suppose?"  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:17 pm
S'var 5

S'var watched Dimeti watch him and smiled slightly. "I don't read aloud to myself as a habit, but if a few of our party are interested perhaps I could give some readings here in the common room." His weyr, bare of most of his old memorabilia and familiar furniture though it was, was his private space - it took a while before he was happy to invite other people into it.

"But tell me Dimeti, what do you enjoy?" S'var sipped his wine and regarded the young man curiously, he hadn't known him before they came here and he didn't feel as though he knew him now either.

Ruhane Chiisai

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:34 pm
Dimeti 5
TawnyAngel

Dimeti tried to hide a pout. Of course not. He also stifled a roll of his eyes. Still, there were interesting things to be had, here, and he would have them. S'var's attention, for instance. "What do I enjoy?" he murmured back, a playful churr on his tongue. "Hmm... Fine things, mostly. Wine, food, friends." Games, getting his way, toying with people... The list ran on for him. "A ride aback my Giligelith along sunset-fired beaches. Watching wild flit fairs play in the sky..." He could taste the sweetness of the next one on his tongue. "Dragons in flight." He had been told it was weird by others, but the rush of adrenaline and the flow of unbiased urges driving himself and others into a panicked frenzy of pleasure... Few things were finer than a flight, for him. And while he loved his Giligelith dearly, there were days he wished she could not that glory for herself, and share her own flight with him on the ground.  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:33 pm
Ruhane Chiisai

S'var 6

"Refined tastes," S'var replied, apparently sincerely but with perhaps just a hint of amusement in the depths of his eyes. Dragons in flight, a sensation many a rider revelled in - he he certainly had in his time and still did on the odd occasion that Nemanath took it into his head to chase a beautiful female. His brown had never had much success, but it had never deterred him from trying.

"And, if I might ask, did you come here seeking some of those things?" S'var took another slow sip of his wine. "An empty Weyr with, it must be said, rather basic rations doesn't quite seem to ring under fine things to me."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:33 pm
TawnyAngel

Dimeti 6

Dimeti hummed, glancing back at S'var as his reverie snapped back to reality. "Oh... well, one can hope." He shrugged. "Too many chances not taken if I don't come, I guess?" He pouted a bit. "Can't say I was expecting to live a monastic life when we came over... But I suppose I'll survive that at least. If we survive more, then perhaps we can see what comes of that."  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:47 pm
Ruhane Chiisai

S'var 7

"The path not taken," S'var mused with a nod, to him it didn't sound like reason enough to take the leap they all had but Dimeti was clearly a very interesting individual, it must make sense to him.

"If we survive I imagine we'll transfer to Fort." S'var sipped slowly at his wine as he thought longingly of cool peaks, not so very different to his own Telgar. "Fort I think will be rather more comfortable, they currently have all of the northern Lords looking to them, and I imagine vying for favour." Riders were of course supposed to be impartial, but in such desperate times as these many conventions fell by the wayside.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:28 pm
Dimeti of white Giligelith (7)

He hummed. "The little ones won't be able to between for some time." He shrugged. "It's my hope that we can, in that time, ready this weyr to be reoccupied and perhaps encourage it. They'll have too many clutching greens for the sands before long, and wind up with territorial behavior, if they aren't careful. And if Julith's granted a gold..." He let his voice trail off, in the hope that it might evade the poisons of the plague.  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:00 pm
Ruhane Chiisai

S'var 8

"A gold would certainly change things," S'var agreed with a little smile, he could guess where Dimeti's mind had gone - what if one was shelled but then died? That was what he kept coming back to anyway. To get away from that thought he continued; "I'm sure that reoccupying the rest of the Weyrs is the goal of every rider in the north, and Igen is a good candidate as the first. It's small and W'dol hails from here, I would expect him to want to reclaim his home." If there was a gold in the clutch would he be quite so keen though? His position, and D'lana's, seemed to be stable for the foreseeable future with the situation as it was but if there was a gold and they reverted to the traditional way of things W'dol's blue would be unlikely to triumph because surely the gold's rider would press her to have the longest possible flight, and that would count out all blues.  
Other Territories

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff