Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:12 pm
C'ran of green Tefelath ( 8 )

"I need no harper, my sweet Leiya, when you are near." C'ran crooned, adding a silent, mental 'Nor you' to his green, and promptly logging away her snide remark's opposite meaning. He listened to her song blissfully, happy enough just to be able to hear her tune. He was still aware of S'var, but he would wait to bring conversation back towards the older rider when his mate was comforted.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:52 pm

“You’re goofy,” Leiya pulled away from him, seeming suitably comforted. She wasn’t a talented singer. She could carry a tune, that was it. That lingering fear stayed in her mind, but it seemed muted.

“S’var, join us for something to eat?”  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:52 pm

nvm  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:54 pm
S'var 3

As the dance seemingly ended for now S'var was just in the process of pouring his tea; he gave Leiya a brief smile and a little nod of thanks. "Some food to go with my tea would be wonderful, can I tempt either of you to a cup? Or there's always klah of course." He'd never had much of a taste for it himself but a lot of riders seemed to drink it by the bucket.  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:09 am
Cran chuckled at his girl. Well, when she felt better, his goal was met. "Some food seems a fantastic idea." He gave a nod to the older rider. "Too late in the day for klah." Itd always been a morning drink for him, get going for the harvest or the lessons.

(Apologies for any weird, on phone)  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:38 am
K'ndayo of Blue Audrath - 1

K'ndayo entered the communal room with another rider, T'eir. They had met in the hallway. K'ndayo looked haggard: he had not slept well this entire trip. It was not too late in the day for klah for him, though he was not so accustomed to drinking so much of it. But he had been working hard like the rest and he needed that extra kick to keep up his energy. "Hello everyone." He muttered with a vague smile and poured himself a cup, oblivious to the atmosphere of a moment ago.

T'eir of Brown Gilwreyth - 1

T'eir stepped in after K'ndayo. Frankly the man intimidated him but now that he knew the Bluerider's reason for coming on this trip, it was difficult to maintain that impression. Brownrider T'eir skipped the klah and sat right down. He just wanted a little break before going back to what he was doing. Better to work hard than to dwell on his own reason for coming, right? "Hello."  

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:25 am

“Tea’s always welcome,” Leiya gave S’var a grateful smile. She’d never liked klah, with its bitter taste. Not without copious amounts of sugar, anyway. Tea had flavor! “What would you like?” She asked.

Oh! Two more riders entered. She knew them both by sight, but neither of them very well. More importantly, though, one of them was a harper. “We were about to eat, join us?”  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:46 am
K'ndayo and Blue Audrath - 2

"I probably should eat," K'ndayo said quietly. "What's on the menu?" He sipped at the klah, not really liking or disliking it. He had been helping clean up the Weyr, dusting and sweeping primarily. He hoped no one would clap him on the shoulder and kick up a cloud of dust. "I am looking forward to a bath after today's cleaning."

T'eir and Brown Gilwreyth - 2

"Bread, cheese and cold meat rolls would be my guess," T'eir grumbled. It was an attempt at dry humor but it sounded flat to his own ears. "If it's edible I'll eat it." He performed small finger and hand exercises. He had been helping with cleaning, scrubbing to be more precise, something this harper was not accustomed to doing, at least not outside of his weyr.  

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:24 pm
S'var 4

As two more of their retinue entered S'var nodded and lifted his cup in greeting. "Hello, yes, please join us." K'ndayo got another nod and a little smile of fellow feeling. "I'm glad the bathing springs are still running, having to draw water from the lake would be another problem we could do without."

It was true that the menu since they'd arrived had been a bit dull, the fact that they even had meatrolls was quite surprising in his opinion - lucky that one or two of their number knew how to cook the basics.

"I'll go and see what there is next door in the kitchen," S'var volunteered, feeling perhaps a little paternal in this crowd of twenty-somethings. Equally paternally, as he stood up he added; "Would anyone like to give me a hand?" He wanted to look after them, but he wasn't going to wait on them hand and foot.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:58 pm
K'ndayo and Blue Audrath - 3

"I could make do with just the lake for example. It might actually be refreshing in this heat!"

"Yeah, I don't mind." K'ndayo had no qualms about helping with a meal. He could even cook up some basics if in a pinch. Did this count as a pinch? He rose from his spot, drinking down the last of the bitter brew, and decided to let S'var lead the way.  

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:32 pm
S'var 5

"Once the sun's gone down a swim in the lake does sound rather good actually; and thank you K'ndayo." S'var likewise finished his tea and set it on the table before turning to head through into the kitchen with the bluerider.

Their stores, though enough for a month, were only for fifteen people and so they didn't take up too much space. There was still some bread left from this morning's batch and so S'var set about cutting enough slices for all of them. As he worked he suggested;

"Shall we have some of the dried fruit? That would go well with the cheese, or after the rest of the meal."

Melomar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:41 pm
K'ndayo and Blue Audrath - 4

"Happy to help," K'ndayo said and waited patiently for the older man to finish his cup of tea.

The bluerider looked about the kitchen at their supplies and agreed that the fruit would be nice with the cheese. He also found some nuts that he placed in another bowl with nutcrackers and picks. "I'll cut up the cheese," he offered, after arranging the fruit in a bowl and pulling out a platter to set the bread and cheeses on.  

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:52 pm
Melomar
K'ndayo and Blue Audrath

S'var 6

"Perfect."

As he finished cutting the bread S'var slid it onto a platter and then looked up at K'ndayo somewhat thoughtfully.

"I was wondering, K'ndayo, what brought you here. You don't need to answer if you don't want to, it's just an old man's curiosity. You," he gestured back towards the other room, "all of you, and some of the others, are very young and you have taken a terrible risk."  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:45 pm
K'ndayo and Blue Audrath - 5

K'ndayo may be a man of few words most of the time, but he could see a situation and navigate it smoothly. Such was the case with this meal. He picked up the platter he had been working on.

He was tempted not to answer S'var's question. He weighed silence against likely answers and decided it would be best to answer him completely. He wore a crooked smirk that stayed with him through his reply: "My weyrmate was up North when the plague trapped him here." He shook his head, "He won't know that I've come for him until I've survived this plague. I won't put him through that, make him feel responsible for it."  

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:16 pm
C'ran 10
Thaliawen

Melomar

Tawnyangel

C'ran chuckled softly, figuring his wonderful Leiya was offering. "If you had ideas, it sounds like you're running out of time to put them into play, my sweet." He was more than willing to be waited on by the others. Too many cooks spoils the meat, right? He settled into a chair again, a comfortable armchair off to one side, to watch the crew. He couldn't recall having been 'close friends' with any of them before except Leiya, and he was curious. "So... Tell us a bit about yourself, if'n you're interested in sharing?" he looked over at T'eir.  
Other Territories

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff