The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:56 pm
"I might hold you to that if it starts keeping me up all night." Kesarin said with a slight laugh. It was funny, because she was up most nights anyway.

Jitter looked between the two that Harmony had put forward, clearly thinking hard. Hmm. The friendly one and the curious one. He weighed his options, running through the way things might be with either individual. Eventually he moved forward and rested his chin on the ninth egg, giving a happy little peep.

"Looks like it. I might just have to let him make all my decisions from now."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:06 pm
"I'd expect no less;" Ilharen replied mock seriously with a glitter of amusement in his dark eyes. "If they peep all night perhaps your blue there can share it with Harmony, and she'll pass it on t'me."

As the little fellow rested his chin on one of the eggs Ilharen gave a soft 'aww' and pushed one of the pots towards Kesarin.

"He seems like a reliable one, I'd trust him with my decisions! Especially when it came t'snacks and naps." He was guessing a bit on the naps but most firelizards enjoyed them so it seemed like a safe one, and if he was wrong it would be funny anyway.

Jitter (and Kesarin)
User Image
Lineage: Harmony x NPC bronze
Hatchdate: 1:13:182
Colour: Green
Final size: 24"
Inspiration: Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Keywords: Affectionate, Alert, Eager  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:17 pm
"Well he is good at making those choices at least." Taking the pot Kesarin took off the lid, giving Jitter ample time to figure out what was going on. The blue shuffled back so Kesarin could carefully place the egg in it's new home. As she carefully covered it with sand the blue gave a peep. Darting forward he leapt onto Kesarin diving into one of her pockets. Rummaging around for a few moments the blue returned triumphant, another piece of fish jerky in his mouth. Scuttling forward he nudged Kesarin's fingers aside.

Kesarin dutifully removed her hands, watching with amusement as the blue poked his nose into the pot, using a forepaw to shift the sand around to his likely. He then carefully placed his piece of jerky on top. Just in case. Stepping back he nudged the lid, shuffling happily, until Kesarin placed it on.

"Finished now?" she asked the blue as he eagerly climbed up onto her shoulder. The blue settled down with a happy peep. Carefully picking up the pot, Kesarin smiled at Ilharen and Harmony. "Thank you." She said pleasantly, before heading off with her now very content firelizard and future companion.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:15 pm
Demanthra had noticed the table with a basket of flits, so she walked closer. Darath stayed as near as she could, but since she didn't want to accidentally step on someone, she viewed what her rider did from a safe position.

Are those the kind of eggs that your flit came from?the green asked. She was getting better about speaking without someone talking first, well, with her rider at least.

Yes, it is. Think we should see if they have one for us?Demanthra thought back.

Yes, please, Mine. I would like having another flit to play with,Darath answered politely.

"Excuse me, I do hope I am not bothering you. I was wondering if I might have one of your precious gold's eggs please?"the girl requested gently. She had a strong feeling coming from the eighth egg, so she would see about getting it, if she could.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:23 am
"Not at all," Ilharen assured the weyrling with a soft smile and a gentle gesture to Harmony. "Please, go ahead and let us know which takes your fancy."  
TawnyAngel generated a random number between 1 and 2 ... 1!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:04 pm
Technically speaking, and in fact actually speaking, he didn't need any more firelizards. That fact however didn't prevent Bereck from approaching the atrociously written sign, and the young rider seated beside it.

"Good evening," he greeted politely, trying to keep his eyes on the- ah, the whiterider by his knots, rather than on the sign that he so badly wanted to correct. "May I touch the eggs? I already have several firelizards, but they're helpful around the infirmary if they have the right temperament."

"F'sure," replied the boy - well, young man he supposed - with a little smile and a gentle gesture towards the nesting gold.

Bereck made a small noise of thanks and acknowledgement and allowed his fingers to brush over the remaining eggs; the fifth and the twelfth struck him as potentially useful companions and he allowed his fingers to brush each again as he deliberated.  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:11 pm
"This one."

The Master Healer's hand came to rest on the fifth egg once more; Ilharen nodded and gave Harmony a gentle mental nudge, which prompted her to shift slightly and nudge it fully into the human's grasp.

"Thank you rider," Bereck said with a slight smile as he nestled the egg into a pot and tucked it safely into the crook of his arm. "I hope you have a good turnsover, and that you pass on the rest of these before they hatch."

"I hope so too," Ilharen replied with a soft chuckle and a fond smooch to Harmony's tiny head. "She hates letting them go before they're almost cracking, but there's never been trouble finding homes f'them all before." He doubted there would be now either, only a handful left!

Bereck
User Image
Colour: Blue
Final size: 25"
Inspiration: Border Collie
Keywords: Intelligent, Athletic, Obedient  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:41 pm
Tassiel has seen the signs. He didn’t have a firelizard yet, but he knew enough about them. At least, he thought he did. Was observing and raising different?

Whoever had written the signs had had a hard time. Tass’d has a hard time deciphering them. He made his way into the dining hall. “What a beauty,” he said, admiring Harmony. Then he seemed to realize her person was there, too. “Hi,” he said.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:47 pm
"Isn't she?" Ilharen agreed warmly, cocking his head curiously at the newcomer as he spoke. "Y'welcome t'just stay and make friends with her, but I'm thinkin' y'might be here hoping f'a new friend f'the new turn? Please touch them if y'd like to, she prefers people touching to looking." In her early clutches Harmony had been more open, but unfortunately she'd experienced people making sharp grabs for large eggs with no thought for anything else - some people thought that the bigger the egg the better the firelizard within was sure to be. He didn't know if the experience had stayed with her or if it had only stayed with him and she was just echoing what he felt was the right way to do things.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:59 pm
Tassiel smiled. While making friends with the firelizard was appealing, the eggs were more so. “I’ve never had a firelizard before,” he admitted. He reached for the thirteenth egg. What was he looking for? Would it be like touching a dragon’s egg?  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:04 pm
"They make wonderful companions," Ilharen said fondly as he looked down at his contented little friend. "Training's very important though," he continued, lookin back at the young man before him and raising a finger for emphasis. "There are a few people in the Weyr who'll teach you some basics of care and training for a small price, greater experts than me, but if y've not the marks t'spare y'can call on me any time and I'll share what I know gladly."

Tassiel
User Image
Colour: Brown
Final size: 27"
Inspiration: Siberian Husky
Keywords: Destructive, Friendly, Playful  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:31 pm
Serfie hated the crowds. But many strangers in.one place made it easier to go about without being pointed out as the girl who'd snuck onto the hatching sands. Granted not many knew she had but some had recognised her. Including one of the hathlings so it wouldn't be long before more than just the few that did. She had been watching the table with the flit eggs in pots for a whole now. Seeing people coming and going. Some leaving with a flit. Some just thinking about it. It was getting down to the very last few and Serfie decided she would go get one. She got up from the corner she had herself tucked away and carefully made her way to the table before picking up the pot containing egg number 12. "Can I have this one?" She asked. Her tone clearly trying to be conversational but slightly missing. In truth she was fighting the urge to just run off with it but she knew she had to TRY and fit in, even a little.  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:39 pm
"Hey there, welcome." Ilharen smiled slightly at the girl who'd been lurking and watching for a while now; the expression in his dark eyes was warm, emphasising the welcome his words had extended, and he tilted his head to the side to further soften his demeanour.

As she pointed to one of the eggs, just visible under Harmony's wing, Ilharen nodded and made a fluid open gesture towards the scarred girl; in the same moment Harmony crooned and lifted her wing to allow access.

"You certainly may friend, have a good turnover and if y'need anything when y're raising them let us know yeah? I'm Ilharen if y're seeking me, and my dragon's Cimarath."

Serfie
User Image
Colour: Blue
Final size: 21"
Inspiration: German Shepherd
Keywords: Curious, Dedicated, Dependable  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:46 pm
Demanthra smiled back to the woman, before looking over the eggs one more time, before touching egg number eight. She was sure this is the one she wanted and Darath seemed to agree.

"This one, please,"she requested politely.

Oh, I cannot wait,Darath spoke brightly in her head.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:21 am
Careese trotted over to the table after spotting the familiar face and settled in on the bench across from Ilharen to smile his way. "How you doin'? Havin' fun?" She hadn't at all read the sign yet. His handwriting was... actually not much worse than her own. She could certainly read clearer than she could write.

Besides, it didn't take a legible sign to see the little flit sitting on her basket of eggs, or the divots that spoke of previously-occupied slots now empty. "And how about you? I hain't seen hide ner tail of you since I met Ilharen, it's a pleasure."  
Event Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff