Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:24 pm
Ruhane Chiisai

"Two bales? I'd pay to see that." D'lana gave a little flick of one eyebrow as she spun in Careese's arms, making her white skirts swirl. "I am actually, nice of you to ask. And how are you finding it? Excited for the turn to come?" There was so sharding much to do, they needed to hammer down how succession was going to work from now on and formulate a plan for repopulating the other Weyrs when the time came; that and a thousand other little day to day things that called for her attention.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:31 pm
TawnyAngel

"That's correct. You have a good ear." Telleara said pleasantly as she lead the pair in a dance. Unlike with D'lana, Telleara didn't really see Ilharen as a threat. He didn't really have any more power over her than any other rider and there were plenty of precautions that meant he couldn't abuse that power. So there was no need keep her persona as strictly up.

"You sound distinctly Southern, but I'm afraid I can't get more specific than that." Fort didn't have a great number of dealings with Southern that involved actually talking. It was a long trip, and not really worth sending a representative.  

The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:37 pm
The_Muffin_Puppy

"I'm not surprised," Ilharen replied cheerfully as he ducked slightly to twirl under Telleara's arm as the dance demanded. "My kin are traders, spent our time travelling between where we could hunt felines and where we could sell the pelts; life on the road leads to a mixed accent y'ken? What's your family background, if I may ask?" The candidate sounded.... Well she sounded like money and she looked like it too, but that didn't tell him where her family's wealth came from. He could also be completely wrong of course, either by mishearing or because she was putting on a good act - now that'd make a good story. Wherefore the pretty clothes in that case though?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:07 pm
TawnyAngel

"Sounds like a thrilling line of work. I'm sure you've plenty of stories to tell." Telleara hadn't really considered that there would be families hunting felines. It seemed like such a dangerous occupation, she couldn't imagine wanted to encourage her offspring towards it. "Family business" was a strong driver though.

"I am the third child of the Lord and Lady of Fort Hold," Telleara stated simply. She wasn't foolish enough to boast, but there was also nothing to be gained from acting coyly about it. She was who she was. It would be interesting though to see how Ilharen would react, if at all. Given what she knew so far, he hardly seemed like the type that would now turn into a simpering toady.  

The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:16 pm
The_Muffin_Puppy

"I've always tales t'tell, of thrilling encounters from my past and more besides," Ilharen replied with warm ease and a little gesture with one hand while it was free.

Being the daughter of a Lord definitely explained the accent; Ilharen nodded understanding, looking neither impressed nor disapproving, and asked - "Was Impression always your dream then?" A girl like her would be hot property in the marriage market so far as he understood it, surely she'd made a conscious choice to be here as a candidate rather than betrothed to some eligible man somewhere?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:25 pm
TawnyAngel

"You'll have to regale me with one some time." Telleara enjoyed a good story as much as the next person.

"Ah, no, it wasn't the original plan." It wasn't the plan now either, but she could hardly say that. "I was originally searched when I was twelve," The candidate twirled the rider away from her. "It wasn't until I was seventeen that I became a candidate. Shortly before Malsalth's final clutch was hatched. My family and I thought that Fort should do their part by the Weyr and provide." All of this was public knowledge if Ilharen really cared enough to dig into her history, so Telleara wasn't giving away anything with her reveal.  

The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:55 pm
TawnyAngel

Careese snickered. "If the marks're mine, you can sell tickets. It'd be a good way to warm the hide 'n all this cold." She tilted a brow at the spin and waited for the woman to return to her hands to take the lead role. "Kinda a lively one, ain't'cha?" She chuckled softly. "Enjoyin' the end o' the turn and lookin' forward to a couple things."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:21 pm
The_Muffin_Puppy

"Any time!" was Ilharen's affable reply, telling stories was one of his favourite things - not usually about himself but he wasn't going to be too choosy in a place he still didn't quite feel settled in.

As Telleara explained the reason for her candidacy Ilharen made a soft noise of understanding and nodded. "Of course. I hope your dragons finds you soon then, I can't imagine waiting around in candidacy is any fun." It sounded like no fun at all in fact, he was very glad he'd managed to skip it.

You're welcome!

Ruhane Chiisai

Careese's bold playfulness brought a one-sided little smile to D'lana's face and made the corners of her eyes crease just a little with genuine pleasure; while she definitely enjoyed the regard that came along with her rank it was extremely annoying when people were obsequious or overly nervous, she was glad that Careese made no pretence.

"I have to be lively to keep this place running smoothly," she replied with good humour and a good deal of honesty. "Anything in particular you're looking forward to?"  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:10 pm
TawnyAngel

Careese shrugged. "Well, no 'ffence to how y' run yer bowl, but... Goin' home sounds mighty fine. More stable weather." There was a bit of a tease in her eyes, but also that glint of honesty. "Less drastically, spring an' summer weather. Tryin' to remember if there's any greens I know up fer a flight soon, that's always fun. Watchin' the new blood fret what'll come out'a the eggs an' if it's their other half's a good part'a the fun us seniors get. Then the fumblin' of the new pairs as they try t' get used t' it all." She'd been enjoying watching the latest clutch working through their lessons. "Breedin' season on th' farms. Ain't near's excitin' as a clutch, but herdbeast babes're still adorable."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:25 pm
Ruhane Chiisai

"I feel exactly the same," D'lana replied with a hint of wistfulness. "I miss Ista; the warmth all turn round, the sea, the storms. But we'll get back to our homes," wistfulness was replaced by determination and confidence, "I believe in our young greens, and it's my intention to start spreading out into the other Weyrs as soon as it's practical. At first either W'dol or I will strike out with a settling party to one of the other Weyrs - keeping Weyrs lean on dragons encourages larger clutches so we may begin in a few turns if all goes well. If it's W'dol to make the move I imagine you'll get your wish," D'lana quirked another lopsided smile, "I think he misses Igen as much as you do." D'lana wasn't sure which she would rather do as yet, it would be a calculated move further down the line and she was sure that W'dol would be doing plenty of calculating too.

"I've never had much to do with beasts until they're on a plate, other than butchering meat for Liarth when he was young," D'lana admitted with a slight shrug. "I'm getting a little more familiar with the rhythm of things now that I have responsibility for the Weyr's tithes though."  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:26 pm
The_Muffin_Puppy

Ruhane Chiisai

Round 3 - remaining pairings

Pairs:
Careese and Telleara
Ilharen and D'lana

One last switch!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:36 pm
As the Harpers started up a new tune Ilharen bowed to Telleara and gave her hand a gentle squeeze. "Thank you f'the dance and best of luck in the next clutches, y'll make a fine rider I'm sure of it." Once he had parted from his young partner Ilharen scanned the crowd for another and after a few moment his eyes alighted on D'lana who was parting from Careese; smiling again he approached the pair and clapped Careese on the arm. "Might I steal our good Weyrleader from you Careese? If that's alright with you D'lana." He'd never got all that good at the hierarchical stuff Weyrs did but there was nothing wrong with using her name and asking for a dance, surely?

"Steal me?" D'lana raised an eyebrow at the whiterider but gave another of her crooked smiles at the same time. "I think I could agree to that, yes." Turning to Careese again she added; "Enjoy the rest of the dance, bronzerider, and keep home in your heart."  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:07 pm
TawnyAngel

The_Muffin_Puppy

Careese nodded softly, honestly feeling the woman's words. Either way, Ista or Igen, would be warmer year-bout than Fort, and she suspected both would have a better time of it in those weyrs. "Well... Perhaps we c'n git some herdbeasts and have a fun time in the bowl 't some point."

She glanced over at Ilharen and smiled, offering the Weyrwoman's hand to him when he asked for it. "Steal away. Jus' don' go to far. I suspect she'll be needed." With a broad, genuine smile, she raised her eyes to the partner Ilharen had left behind and gave a soft bow on approach, offering a hand into the dance. "Shall we?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:03 am
As the new tune picked up Ilharen found himself being gently but insistently steered to follow D'lana's lead which wasn't exactly a surprise given what he knew of the woman, she hadn't fallen into her rank by sheer luck that was for sure.

"It's a wonderful celebration Weyrleader, y'must've worked very hard on the preparations." A genuine compliment was generally a good way to start a conversation in his opinion, especially when it was about something the person had done rather than something they were.

Flattery or an actual compliment? D'lana studied Ilharen's face carefully with a slight smile on her own lips; the whiterider's expression was warm and guileless but that didn't mean his intent matched up. From everything she knew about him - and she knew quite a bit about all of the riders who'd come with her from Ista - he probably meant what he said without ulterior motives.

With this decided D'lana nodded, her smile going a little crooked. "Thank you; not too many people think about everything that goes into an event like this, but I have to say that the majority of the credit goes to our Headwoman. W'dol and I decided the details and oversaw the whole thing but it was Tilaria who was organising all the teams, and up all last night and today too making the final preparations." It was Tilaria's job but D'lana still felt as though she owed the woman a very nice bottle of wine for pulling it off as well as she had.  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:30 pm
Ruhane Chiisai

The song came to an end, and so too did her rather charming time with Ilharen. He was a nice lad. Perhaps next time her sister met she'd introduce the pair. It would be humorous to watch her sister pine away after some adventuring rider while awaiting her marriage. Still perhaps that was too mean even for her. Sister dear might be insufferable at times, but she was still her sister after all.

Another partner presented themselves and Telleara had to admit she was quiet pleased with the bow. "I would be delighted," she answered bright, taking Careese's offered hand. A bronzerider, well she hadn't done badly tonight at all.  
Event Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff