Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:35 pm
TawnyAngel

Careese chuckled softly. "Sounds like he could ride you, almost, eh? Maybe the pair'a you'd like to come over some time, get some farmwork in your veins to bring back a bit o' the rush, eh?" She smiled, moving with her dance partner to the music. "Think I'd love t' see that. Nothin' wrong with an ambitious dragon, yeh?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:42 pm
Ruhane Chiisai

"Almost!" Ilharen agreed, his nose and the corners of his eyes crinkling up with a fond grin. "He's ah," he gestured briefly a bit below his own shoulder height, "about so tall at the shoulder, probably lighter than a lot of the runners you used t'gallop about on! He's fast as lighting, but wears out as quick too. What about your fella? Some bronzes are taller at the shoulder than Cimarther is from nose t'fork."  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:53 pm
TawnyAngel

"Of course." Lie. "Every candidate hopes they'll clutch." Another lie. "Given how close their flights were it would certainly be fascinating if they were to clutch together," That was at least true. "But even one clutch would be wonderful." None would be better.

Telleara would no doubt be expected to remain in the Weyr until there was no hope of impression. Several more long turns of this masquerade to keep up.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:54 pm
TawnyAngel

Careese smirked. "Used-to?" There was a clear twinkle in her eye. "Honey, I still manage a large part'a mah brothers' farm after training an' work." She glanced over at the large bronze, just barely topping the largest of average heights. He had flopped over when the dragon he'd been leaning on left, and now just kind of lounged there, unbothered by the collection of weyrbrats climbing on his hide and pretending to ride him. "Yeah... Even ah cain't carry that." She nodded in his direction to point him out. He just opened his muzzle and panted like a hound, tongue dangling along the edge of his lower jowel.  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:18 pm
Ruhane Chiisai

"Uhhh?" Ilharen gave Careese a confused, worried look; that didn't seem possible on top of a rider's normal duties and even if it were - "Y'might not want t'say that so loud?" he murmured urgently as they spun closer together. "Y'must know that riders're sworn t'forsake ties to land when they Impress? If y've too much involvement with your kin's land it'll be trouble f'you with the Weyrleaders, and them with their Lords!"

Although they were in the dininghall for the dance Ilharen could see the substantial bronze through Cimarath's eyes, and he gave Careese another smile as he watched the dragon's tongue loll out.

"I'd like t'meet him proper when we've time, mebbe we can go f'a fly t'gether?" That was a much easier note than what he'd said before.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:21 pm
The_Muffin_Puppy

"Of course," D'lana agreed, and by all appearances she was sincere. "A person of your bloodline might once have hoped to Impress a gold," even though blood had nothing to do with it, though in many cases the arrogance had helped she suspected, "are you interested in the prospect of a green?" She would love to see what the girl said to that!  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:33 pm
TawnyAngel

"Aww, girl cain't have a hobby? We get downtime, an' I get homesick some days." She shrugged listening to him continue. "Happy t' give you th' chance. Happens I go fer a fly most nights b'fore oilin' up Topper an' beddin' him down." She smiled, sincerely hoping he was enjoying himself. If Cimarath's eyes kept up their transmission, they'd see the bronze straining to get a wool cap one of the children had dropped to add to his little pile of dishware and... jackets?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:37 pm
TawnyAngel

"It is my honour to do my duty to the Weyr," Telleara replied. "I would be grateful for any dragon that saw fit to choose me." More lies. She had agreed to come with her only intent to be impressing the next gold. No other colour really held sway. A male was a gamble and could only be relied on if he could win a flight and even now that avenue was spent. All dragons were on equal footing now it seemed to her. None capable of ascending to the top via birthright. The idea of spending decades clawing her way to Weyrsecond was hardly Telleara's style.  

The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50
The_Muffin_Puppy generated a random number between 1 and 2 ... 2!

The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:38 pm
Rolling for Round 2

Roll: D'lana
Not-Roll: Ilharen

Options
1. Telleara
2. Careese

Pairs:
D'lana and Careese
Ilharen and Telleara

Time to switch Ladies and Gent  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:48 pm
Ruhane Chiisai

"Just be careful!" Ilharen advised, but his tone was less worried than when Careese had first spoken of her extra-Weyr activities.

As the song they'd been dancing to came to an end Ilharen did a twirl followed by a sweeping bow and then a firm hand-clasp for his companion. "Good t'meet you proper Careese, let's do that flight sometime."

Now to find another partner....

The_Muffin_Puppy

Of course it was.

This time there was just a tiny hint of an edge to D'lana's smile, but the Harpers were making the transition to another song now and D'lana was quite happy to leave her partner wondering what it had been about.

"Please excuse me Candidate," she bowed as was only proper to any dance partner, "others are awaiting my hand this evening, I hope you enjoy the rest of the festivities."

As she parted from Telleara D'lana saw Careese part from Ilharen, and she approached her fellow bronzerider with a smile. "How quick are your feet Careese? And are you strong enough to twirl me in the air?" She was quite confident that the woman was, and she was also confident that her question would make her want to prove it.  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:59 pm
TawnyAngel

Telleara curtsied in response and smiled politely. "Of course, Weyrleader." Her smile remained as D'lana made her departure. The idea that D'lana had figured her out wasn't immensely concerning. What would she do? Dismiss her from candidacy? That was a bold political statement to their nearest ally. If D'lana wanted shot of her she'd need something better than not appearing enthusiastic enough about it.

Now to find another partner, she wasn't done yet. Hard to move up when the Weyrleader had been her first partner. Especially since she didn't see the other Weyrleader anywhere around. Hm, maybe someone just a bit interesting then.

Ah, there was a likely prospect. Feline pelt, a bold statement piece. White knots, another distinguishing feature. And the man was hardly hard on the eyes, yes, this would do quite nicely. Sauntering up to Ilharen the candidate smiled. "Fancy a dance?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:03 pm
The_Muffin_Puppy

"A dance?" Ilharen turned to the young woman - the candidate - with a warm open smile lighting up his features. "I certainly would, what's your name? I'm Ilharen, and my dragon's Cimarath." As he spoke Ilharen held out a long-fingered hand to Telleara and bowed slightly along with the accepted invitation. "D'you prefer t'lead or follow? I'm flexible."  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:10 pm
TawnyAngel

His smile wasn't half bad either. Even if she couldn't get out of this dance, it would be a pleasant experience at least. "I'm Telleara, and I'll lead if you're offering." That was one thing she didn't mind having to suffer at the Weyr. Men not assuming she couldn't or wouldn't want to lead.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:14 pm
The_Muffin_Puppy

"Telleara is it?" Ilharen echoed pleasantly with a little nod. "Over t'you then, lead on!" Leading and following in a dance was much of a muchness to him, the only thing that mattered about dancing was that everyone had fun.

"Where d'you hail from Telleara?" Ilharen did a neat little step-change as the fiddles prompted it. "Your accent calls Fort Hold t'mind, am I right?"  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:16 pm
TawnyAngel

Careese had met the woman some time ago, probably shortly after the girl had become a weyrling, herself. She'd certainly come a pace to where she was, now. "if I can pitch two bales of hay and wrassle a herdbeast, you could probably dance a jig on one hand if'n I hold it over my head." She offered a worked hand to the smaller womans more delicate one. "Don't mean I'm gonna do it, but we'll see. Havin' a good night of it?"  
Event Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff