The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:05 pm
The night had drawn in and celebrations were well underway. The first night was always the one that people indulged in the most. As traders had progressively closed their stalls for the night more and more people had packing into the dining hall. Many were dancing and the harpers kept up the energetic atmosphere. Partners were swapping and changing as the dance floor mingled.

Rules
It's speed dating for rp!
This game will comprise of 7 rounds, one ever 24 hours.
Each 24 hours dice rolls will randomly pair up dancers as the music causes people to get swapped around. You then have 24 hours to have your character interact with their dance partner as much or as little as you like. Make introductions. Step on their feet and make an enemy. The choice is yours!
You're welcome to enter or remove your character whichever round you like, and if you want to skip a round and come back that's fine too (Dancing can be exhausting after all)
Spectator posts are welcome, but please mark that you don't intend to take part in the partner rolling.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:23 pm
Telleara - Candidate (Entering for Round 1)

Now this was more her kind of celebration. The snow was lovely and obviously it gave her the opportunity to wear some truly spectacular furs, but it wasn't really her thing. Now dancing, that was Telleara's preferred activity. A change of outfit was in order, obviously. The gown was delightfully swishy, and probably more revealing than was decent for a candidate. Definitely more pricey than was decent for a candidate. She'd probably get a scolding, again, about in appropriate behaviour. Some tears about how much she missed home though and that problem would likely be dealt with.

Now she needed to find a partner. This early in the evening she could afford to lower her standards. There would be plenty of opportunities to trade her dance partner in for someone more impressive.  

The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:31 pm
Ilharen - Whiterider (Entering for Round 1)

Winter in the north was not, with everything taken in balance, his favourite thing ever. This was why Ilharen was grateful for the move into the dininghall, the trader stalls outside had been nice and had reminded him a bit of home, and the feline skin he'd wrapped himself in had definitely got some appreciative looks, but on the whole he was just pleased to be inside and dancing? Dancing made it all the better.

Now warm enough that he didn't need to snuggle deep into the spotted fur any longer Ilharen draped it over his shoulder and cast around for a partner.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:36 pm
D'lana - Weyrleader (Entering for Round 1)

After she'd finished outside D'lana had returned to her quarters to change, the warm heavy dress from earlier wouldn't do for dancing.

Careful timing ensured that the tiny bronzerider swept into the dininghall before the dancing had really begun, and her attire was just as carefully chosen as her moment of entry. White, simple, fitted but not corseted at the bodice and loose and flowing in the skirts. Her hair was braided but she wore no jewellery, the ornate knots on her shoulder were all she needed to announce her status - the statement was deliberate, as were most things she did in public.  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:07 pm
Careese, Bronzerider (Entering for Round 1)

The redhead smiled, ample freckles obvious on her face as she stood idly by the sign-up sheet. She'd been looking forward to these events for a while now, and happily readied herself to join the madness. It promised to be glorious, especially with two left feet and way too much energy for her own good. Her bronze hovered with some of the other dragons, leaning on one who didn't mind by way of snuggles, and sending out waves of encouragement to all.  
The_Muffin_Puppy generated a random number between 1 and 2 ... 1!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:11 pm
Rolling for Round 1

Roll: D'lana
Not-Roll: Ilharen

Options
1. Telleara
2. Careese

Pairs
D'lana and Telleara
Ilharen and Careese  

The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:19 pm
Ruhane Chiisai

Ilharen (Round 1)

"Evenin', Caresse right?" Ilharen smiled warmly as he approached the freckled woman - it wasn't hard to know the name of every rider in the Weyr, even if you didn't know them personally all that well. "You lookin' f'a dance?" he gestured to the many couples already spinning and whirling.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:55 pm
TawnyAngel

The girl chuckled and nodded, tucking an arm under Ilharen's and leaning in close. "Wouldn't be in the calling if not." She smiled, just about ready to burst towards the dance floor. She controlled herself, though, perhaps with some prodding from her bronze, and gave the man some space, offering a hand to shake. "Pleasure to meetcha. Ilharen, right?"  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:59 pm
Ruhane Chiisai

"That's right," Ilharen clasped the proffered hand as he smiled again and nodded. "How about we head out there then? And mebbe we can talk a bit while we dance too; where're you from?" As he spoke Ilharen turned to head out into the whirl of people and noise.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:19 pm
TawnyAngel

Telleara (Round 1)

You know what? Telleara wasn't going to lower her standards. Start as you mean to go on, and that means at the top. Delicate fingers brushed any stray hairs from her face, as Telleara put on her most winning smile.

"Weyrleader D'lana," she said with a respectful curtsy. "Might I have this dance?" Holding her hand out to the older woman, there was almost a challenge in her request. Would the Weyrleader refuse a promising candidate a dance. The highest position in the Weyr receiving a proposition from the lowest.  

The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:28 pm
TawnyAngel

"Sounds like a plan to me!" She bent to retrieve his hands as she worked past him and spun with him on the way, a boisterous laugh echoing from her as she again slowed to a stop to let him set the pace. "Er-hem. Eh, from Igen. Almost had me a life of wherry-wranglin' and herdbeast-chasin', before they called me to meet Toplamath." She smiled warmly, looking up at him. "An' you?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:35 pm
The_Muffin_Puppy

D'lana (R1)

A candidate, expensively and somewhat provocatively dressed, a familiar cast to her face.... A name came to mind and D'lana gave the girl a small impenetrable smile and extended her own hand graciously. "Certainly Candidate Telleara." Once she had the girl's hand in her own D'lana led the way out onto the dancefloor without delay.

Ruhane Chiisai

As the bronzerider laughed and spun them out into the dance Ilharen decided that he liked her already.

"From the south," Ilharen replied as they merged with the crowd. "My family hunt felines, trade the pelts, and other goods too that we can pick up along the way. Riding wasn't what I expected out of life either but I'll not complain, Cimarath's the most wonderful surprise I ever had."  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:45 pm
TawnyAngel

Ah, so D'lana knew of her. That was good. Any notoriety was good. Even if it maybe wasn't the most flattering, it was a foundation and that was all she needed.

D'lana took the lead and Telleara had to say she liked it that way. A confident dance partner was so much preferable to an uncertain one. "You honour me, Weyrleader," Telleara said with a coquettish smile.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:53 pm
TawnyAngel

"Well, I bet your Cimarath's a pretty good cat-hunter, too. Could bring some jerky in some time, if you ever get the chance again." She smiled ruefully. "Guess they won't let you go back, though. Not with Cimarath in tow." She nodded towards her own dragon. Toplamath had accumulated a wooden ladle and two bowls in his paws, and was just staring at them where he settled. "Same for me and Topper." His eyes glittered as they tilted up at her, and she stuck her tongue out at him. "Fine, Toplamath." Her eyes rolled. "Best thing t' ever happen, even if he wasn't what I thought I needed at the time. My family was providin' the wherrystock to feed the babies, so I got to attend the hatchin', an... Well, he didn't want none'a the fine-dressed kids in the sand. Wanted the one covered in dirt 'n' overalls." She chuckled and set into the pace of the dance, clearly itching for a higher-energy song. "How'd you an' yers happen?"  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:52 am
The_Muffin_Puppy

"Well, it would have been churlish for me to refuse the first person who's asked me tonight," D'lana replied with an enigmatic smile as her flowing skirt swirled around her with a turn.

"You must be excited for Oximath and Heimalth to clutch - Faranth willing that they do," she added, a deliberate statement rather than a question.

Ruhane Chiisai

"No, not with Cimarath in tow," Ilharen agreed, his smile fading a little as the familiar weight descended on him again. His friends, his family, and the man he still loved would be celebrating the end of the turn together far, far away. He was so much luckier than those who'd lost their dragons to the plague, shards, he'd taken a couple between himself, but he still grieved for the home and the people he'd never see again.

He didn't want to dwell on that tonight though, tonight was a time for joy.

"Topper?" Ilharen's smile widened a little again at the name and the way Caresse stuck out her tongue. "I like it. Ah, as f'me though - the tale's not too different. We were visiting Monaco Bay, hatchings are a great time t'trade, and seen as we were there we thought we'd watch the hatching itself. At the end there were three eggs left unhatched, the queen asked her rider to help one of them - when he broke into the shell Cimarath came out. I was wishing f'him t'find his rider and be alright, and that's how he found me." Ilharen was smiling properly again now, it was impossible not to smile when he thought of his Impression. "He was so tiny I could carry him around for ages, and some of the newest batch of weyrlings are already bigger than he is - makes him nice and easy t'bathe!"  
Event Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff