Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands
[PRP] The Sea Breeze Welcomes All (Nzuri x Ukhozi)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bittersweet Candies

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:06 pm
The kinengwe couldn't shake the feeling of loneliness that had plagued her since before she had joined the ranks of the Bahari'mtoto. She loved being a part of the pride, of course, and she had been given a warm welcome, but she still felt like something was missing, though she couldn't place what. This bothered her greatly, but there didn't seem like much she could do given that she didn't even know why she felt this way.

Oftentimes, when she wasn't busy with pridal duties, she found herself walking along the borders alone. It gave her time to think, and sometimes she'd find neat shells left behind by some sea creature. Her new home held the belief that loved ones could whisper into a shell, allowing one to listen to their voices later just by holding it up to their ear.

That'd be nice. Her mind wandered to whether it would actually work as she made her way along the familiar border.

User Image
Shia bean

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:45 pm
User Image

There was a time when the land beguiled him. A young Ukhozi, taken by things like the rush of waves and the smell of sea breeze. When he first met the ocean, he was lulled into a drunken stupor by every crash he could hear on the horizon. Grand like the deserts he was accustomed to and yet… frighteningly expansive. Even the air was cool and enveloping, a polar opposite to the state of his homeland. He could recount the day he had stumbled across it. He could recount when he had left it. And only now did he realize just how strongly it pulled at his heartstrings, even after all this time.

But the era of innocence had since come to an end. The lion was no longer a Lusizi, a cub. He was… grown. Matured. The youthful whimsy he once sported during his migration across the plains was replaced by stoicism. A strong, abled lion who would take a mate. Soon. And rear offspring. Soon. As was tradition. The way.

He never thought of himself as a pride leader, not like his father, but he knew he would be a great mate someday.

So it was strange, finding himself following vaguely familiar trails, headed in the direction of that very ocean view. The one he thought he had left behind him. Yet there he was, striding across the earth, not entirely sure if he would find the same spot but knowing full well he was headed for it. In the distance he could make out a figure, maneless and moving across the land on her own. Just the sight alone excited him, but in getting closer he would confirm her feminine scent, mixing with the markings of hundreds. Had a pride moved in over the time he had been away?

It had probably changed so much, since the last time.

Bittersweet Candies

Shia bean

Prophet

Bittersweet Candies

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:43 am
Lost in thought, Nzuri didn't notice the male approaching. While she often ran into pride members on these walks of hers, she had yet to see an outsider. She wasn't sure what she'd do if she saw one, either. Was she supposed to welcome them like she had been when she wandered her way to the territory? Perhaps bring them to someone with more authority to cast a judgement? Her standard head nod of acknowledgement probably wasn't an appropriate response.

She paused for a second; a sharp stone had stabbed her paw pad, and she sat, lifting her hind leg to assess any damage it may have caused. There was no wound, thankfully.

As she went to stand, movement a short distance away caught her eye. A male was beyond the border. An unfamiliar one at that. Perhaps her day was about to get more interesting.

Shia bean

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:08 pm
Ukhozi's direction remained the same, headed right for her, but his pace slowed considerably. Considerately, even. So that when he was certain she had taken notice, he could bow mid-stride, clear a bit more distance, and slow to a stop. Close enough to really see the individual now, his thoughts went straight to the ocean again. Her blue's and creams were bold, and seemed to work in tandem to accentuate some of the most striking wave-like patterns he had ever seen. And she was a well-built lioness, strong looking and attractive beyond just her coat pattern.

She was about as lovely as lovely could get, and Ukhozi straightened up involuntarily. His heart was, admittedly, pounding, but his demeanor remained cool.

"Hujambo... Hello." His gaze switched between her own, caught off guard by their color differential. It sparked more curiosity. It was another subconscious interest triggered within him.

"Excuse my intrusion, I was merely passing through. But... I fear in my hunt for the ocean, I might be encroaching on claimed land? Perhaps you can help clear things up for me?" His tone was smooth, and as charming of a grin as he could manage pulled at his ebon lips.

He bowed his head a second time. "My name is Ukhozi. May I ask for yours?"

And if things hadn't already changed, they were about to.

Bittersweet Candies

Shia bean

Prophet

Bittersweet Candies

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:05 pm
She found herself frozen as he approached- not from fear, but from sheer curiosity of what the encounter could hold. If not for his dark stripes and swirls, she fully believed he'd blend in perfectly with the sand. Assuming he had his eyes closed, of course... his eyes were striking. He was a handsome one, that was certain.

"Ah, hello there." Her voice was calm. She refused to give in to the fluttery feeling of... anxiety mixed with excitement, perhaps, that was spreading through her torso. This was the first time in what felt like a long while that she felt such intense emotions.

"You've reached the lands of the Bahari'mtoto. I am Nzuri, a kinengwe," she paused. If he knew the language, which he seemed to from his greeting, that wouldn't make much sense."A huntress of the pride. What brings you here, if you don't mind me asking, Ukhozi?" She was mindful of her tone, wanting to keep it kind so as to not offend him. The last thing she wanted was some sort of trouble.

Shia bean

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:47 pm
Ukhozi studied her. Or tried to, anyway. Searching for the tell-tale signs of fear, or fluster, or both. The wandering eyes, unable to keep their connection. The shallow breaths. The ruffle of fur. Was this a good ((witch)) pride or bad ((witch)) pride? But then she spoke and Ukhozi's attention fell to her lips. Good or bad, for a moment it almost didn't matter. She carried herself with the confidence of a huntress, of course she was a huntress, and that seemed to instill a bit of ease within Ukhozi. The Bahari'mtoto. Another pride. And what were their dynamics?

"Nzuri the kinengwe." Her name rolled off his tongue slowly, making sure to pronounce it carefully and thick with his native accent. He wanted to chisel it in his mind, storing it there forever. His brow hiked as well, followed by a light, rasping chuckle that leant to his subtle tip of the maw.

"I was not expecting to meet anyone out here. It is a delightful surprise! And an honor, Nzuri." His grin flashed toward her, full of charm. "You are the first of this Bahari'mtoto to greet me and for that, truly, I am grateful. I will admit however that I've been here once before... or... well I believe it was here. I could be very mistaken."

He paused, pulling his attention away in thought, scanning the area loosely in search of landmarks. Then, through breathy laughter he returned to her.

"But, I am only here to see the ocean again. Honestly, I'm not even sure why else I would have returned."

And it was then that his gaze, florescent orange almost brightening with his realizations, stared into her own for as long as she would let him. He lingered, as if coming to a quiet understanding and hoping it would reflect within her as well, like a mirror. Perhaps the universe was conspiring in his favor. In their favor. Whether they were wise to it or not.

He followed up smoothly, tilting his head so that locks of mane fell across his face. "Might you be willing to help me with that as well?"

Bittersweet Candies
Um I love them?!11

Shia bean

Prophet

Bittersweet Candies

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:40 pm
There was something about the way he said her name that made her want to hear it again. And again. And maybe once more after that. She flicked her ear as if trying to whisk those thoughts away. Now was certainly not the time to be charmed by a male; he was a stranger, a rogue- though the grin he gave her certainly didn't help.

"I too fell for the call of the ocean." Her smile was genuine and full of warmth. It was true; the sea drew her in like a siren's song. "I would be more than happy to guide you. It is the least I could do." She obviously was not obligated, but between his charm and the kindness she had been shown when we wandered in herself, it seemed like the right thing to do.

"Follow me, it isn't far." She gave a nod in the direction of the ocean before taking a few steps. She'd keep him along the border, just tracing her steps from moments ago.

Shia bean
SAME??? ;o;

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:41 am
He listened. That was all. Letting her voice wash over him like waves full of that warmth which spread across her lips. When she agreed, his own grin lengthened, a laughter escaping him that hinged on anxiousness. Nervous?

And she walked, but Ukhozi's steps were delayed; because he watched. Smooth, elegant steps taken with those paws that supported her. Both strong and soft all at once. Sure, he had only just set eyes upon her. Sure, they knew nothing of each other. But it took no relation at all to appreciate beauty.

It was what the ocean had taught him.

When he stepped, he knew. He knew it meant something more than just a stroll. He knew it meant something more than just a view. Something was starting. A friendship? Something more?

Don't force it, Ukhozi. Be cool.

He strode to her side. 'Thank you, Nzuri."
And he kept saying her name because he liked it. He also liked what it did to her smile.

"Is this one of the weirder requests you've gotten?" Another laugh, breathy like all the rest. His voice had a raspy quality to it when he spoke slowly, deeply.

Bittersweet Candies

Shia bean

Prophet

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas