Submit

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:47 pm
if Serfie's heart was pounding before, it most certainly was about to leap from her chest now the Bronze, for he was a Bronze, spoke to her, she pleaded silently for him to pleaaaaase don't give her away, at least not until she'd Impressed, she'd do almost anything for him if he kept her secret.

That said, she felt concerned at the way he stalked towards the Yellow Green egg, that looked rather menacing indeed.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:58 pm
Shadow Bronze circled slowly around Yellow Green Egg, viewing it from all angles. He was going to put a stop to this right here, right now. With a sudden roar he leaped upon Yellow Green Egg. His front paws pounding on the shell, weakening it. With a whip sharp turn, the bronze swung his tail through the Yellow Green Egg.

Egg goop splattered everywhere. It was clear there had never been a hatchling inside that egg. Starelth gave a warning rumble. If there had been a hatchling in that egg, you would be in deep trouble. Yeah, but we both knew there wasn’t. Shadow Bronze shrugged off the warning as he turned back to the candidates. All eyes on Him now.

You really think you’d Impress? The bronze scoffed at Serfie. You stole your way in. What else might you be planning to steal? His eyes narrowed at her. I might be convinced to not say anything. If you’ll do things for me.  

magnadearel

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:03 pm
"Oh shaff!" V's jaw clenched as the egg broke open and her stomach did a weird flip that sent acid up the back of her throat. There'd been no hatchling in there, and now she knew that it made the motion fine, but it would still take a minute for her heart to stop pounding so fast - she blamed Lith.

If that had been an egg of mine....

You'd've known.

Alright, point. I didn't though.

Right.

V' rolled her shoulders and smoothed a hand back over her braided hair. "Well that happened. Think he'll go for that girl he's looking at?"  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:04 pm
Serfie gasped as the bronze smashed the egg ... oh but...no hatchling... that was sad... she wondered if anyone had touched the egg, Was there no hatchling in there at all? had there ever been? She wouldn't know as she'd only touched Shadow.... speaking of which. I....well i MIGHT she thought at the dragon, not really realising she was doing so, but refusing to actually speak and give herself away I'd do anything, just please PLEASE... don't tell... she tried to force away bitter tears, if this dragon didn't think she could Impress.... then maybe this whole thing was pointless and she should go back to living on her own in the 'wilds' and just take her chances and hope she survived each day  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:11 pm
F'er watched the events on the sand, careful to keep an eye on her lifemate. He'd turned his attentions as well (though he stopped to chew every now and then), and the pair were frowning in almost equal measure. "Yanno, I don't recognize the girl he's stalking."

That's because she's not one of ours, or yours. Clauth paused mid-swallow as the bronze smashed an egg, though he seemingly shrugged it off with a motion of his wings. There'd been no life in there and thus he had no worries over it. Right now she should be understanding the difference between an actual rider and a pretender. The massive(ly small for now) maw was opened again and more meat was placed. Don't worry about her.

"Honestly, I'm not. If'in things can't be done right and proper why bother doing them? Rules were made for a reason, if she's breaking them then by all means, punishment." It wasn't that Fer was a super stickler for the rules but more like....rules were there and super easy to follow. Seriously. "Numbskull."

Indeed.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:22 pm
M’li winced as the last egg was shattered to pieces and egg goop went flying. She glanced at V’. “Eight out of nine isn’t bad right?” She gave a shrug. Who knew what that dragon wanted?

Shadow Bronze smirked to himself. He was the best. It was time everyone saw that. The bronze strolled down to the candidates, looking each one over one by one. He passed by Turanves, Serfie, and Rothgar. None of these suited him. Shadow Bronze stopped in front of Chellemana and Nashanna.

You know your heart desires Me, your Bamoselth. Come NashannaMine. I have something interesting to tell you.

User Image

Melomar

magnadearel

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:29 pm
Serfie's legs went weak when the bronze Impressed.... she felt sicker than she'd ever felt before, like her stomach was full of stones. It was all over....She was going to gt found out and tossed and banned from the weyr for sure, she shook, trying not to cry, she would NOT cry.... while she tried to edge out of the crowd of candidates and try find her way into some dark tunnel.... She hadn't planned for this, she'd been so sure she would Impress and no one would be able to do anything about her being there.... She hoped no one was really watching one, disappointed candidate, heading towards an exit. After all, there would be others on their way out too....  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:29 pm
"Right." V' clasped her friend's forearm and gave her another grin. "Eight's more than Lith had overall so you can brag on that one if you want. Starleth did amazing, and if anyone tells you different my friends," she tightened her grip on M'li's arm for a moment, "are still here ready - shaff the doubters, they need us way more than we need them and their old ways."

It hadn't been a gold - a gold was still possible but it hadn't happened yet and they couldn't live life on a 'maybe', and she didn't like the maybe anyway. And anyway green firelizards never had golds right? So why did- She knew why people did, because they couldn't imagine a world without them - shaff them, then, and if they wanted they were welcome to fly south and get shot down or whatever other schemes they had down there to ensure the sickness didn't spread.  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:33 pm
Candidates Turanves

He let out a slow sigh as Shadow Bronze went on past him and Impressed to a girl of all people. Once again he was left standing alone. One day his dragon would be here, and he would be better than all of them!

She smiled at her friend's encouragement. They'd done well. No babies hurt. None lost bewteen. M'li was happy.

M'li went down to meet her dragon. "Allow me to be the first to congratulate you new weyrlings. May you and yours fly high!" Starelth observed her bonded children, her duty done. Well done little ones.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:44 pm
Aessa's villain-sona taken off-kilter, she watched the blue bounce across the sands. At first, she didn't realize it, and could see the dragon and the candidates, the folk in the stands, the dragons above, the flits outside...

And then, it all disappeared. Those whirling eyes brought to mind her bookshelf of calming... Then tore all the books off and threw them around the room, shattered the bookshelf, and left a dragon in its place. The books disappeared, the shards of shelf disappeared, all the people, dragons, flits, even the sands.

There was only Aessa and Dismath.
And that was all that was needed.

Aessa moved forward and pressed her face to her dragonets, her mind whirling in rainbows around his own image. There could be no more perfect creature than this walking piece of her soul right here. "I will be a character in your stories anytime, Dismath." She hummed, at a volume most who'd heard her speak rarely heard her manage. And it was probably hearing her own voice that brought her back to the realization that eyes bore into her for any reason, and she tried to shrink against the more bold half of her. ~It was a lovely story, but it's time for food, now. Let's get some in your tummy, hmm?~ She nodded towards the table and set to leading her... buoyant little storyteller towards the buckets.

While they were on the way, the playful beast perked. ~AH! I shall aid my lady to her chair!~ He cheeped and bounced, dragging the towel over the girl's head and then seizing both sides in his muzzle to all but drag her over, stumbling in her sandles as the hot sand passed around, under, and over, her feet. He made sure it seemed as though he were carrying her the whole time, then pushed one of the chairs back and 'set her down' in the towel before going to grab a meat bucket. They all looked like food to him, so it didn't matter which one, and he'd come back as she handed the towel-prize back to one of the slightly-annoyed healers who'd come to claim it.

She turned in time to see a gold-no, bronze, erupt from his shell, and make a frightening display of smashing the last egg, which made the pale girl pale further. She decided not to watch anymore, instead focusing on feeding the walking stomach that made up the other half of her existence. Yes, this was much less frightening, even as she looked at the dragonet's tiny teeth, opening and closing like the hinge on a trashcan to encourage the wherrymeat to disappear completely.  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:59 pm
(( I will post for Nashanna, and possibly more for Maddeck, later on))

There was another moment of gasping when the Bronze stalked up to the remaining egg and destroyed it. But it was not occupied. Only goo remained.

Before they knew the truth, Chellemana watched with growing horror and realization at the dragon's intent. "Stop!" shouted Chelle, but once the truth was revealed, a few moments of pounding heartbeat and soft huffing ensued as they calmed themself. That drama was unnecessary, but this dragon obviously thrived in front of an audience. Still, the leaking eggshell proved that he was dangerous even at this age. "You going to eat it now?" they muttered under their breath.

Rothgar thought these actions were over the top. He was a mischief maker without trying to make a scene. This dragon was a showman, he knew the type. He'd be fun at parties for sure. Just... he Impressed to a girl! With wide eyes, Rothgar gazed over at Nashanna. She would be one to pay closer attention to, if he could with them being in separate classes now, Candidate and Weyrling.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:38 am
Demanthra and Darath/Weyrling Green/Harper Apprentice

Demanthra watched what was going on as she fed her precious green, having cut up the meat into just the right size. It helped having a sister who was an Assistant Weyrlingmaster, she knew some of these things without trying. She was glad to see more of the dragons impressing to their riders. She even laughed a little at the blue who was telling a story.

Brother does like to use his imagination. I do hope he doesn't get into trouble,Darath spoke to her rider.

Demanthra gently patted her head, she was sure the little blue would be okay. When he went to his rider, as did his green sidekick, she knew for sure he would be. She had to admit, just like the last hatching, there was some very unusual colors and features to some of these dragons. Like the one green who looked almost black in color. When shadow egg hatched into a..well, she wasn't sure if it was bronze or gold right away. Could a gold come from a green, she didn't know, it was still something they had not figured out yet. They knew they could give birth to bronzes, so maybe it was possible. However, it soon became apparent it was a bronze and she watched it go to the only egg remaining. She gasped as he attacked it, remembering talking to the occupant of that egg. When it was cracked, but nothing was inside, she blinked in surprise.

Maybe you were imagining it, Mine,Darath suggested gently, nuzzling her rider gently. She was speaking to her rider's mental questions, so she saw it as her speaking first. Both of them watched the bronze pick a female rider, which she figured was just the way it was supposed to be. Her rider seemed somewhat surprised, but Darath found images of one of the Weyrleaders in Demanthra's mind.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 12:57 pm
((Oh boy how's this for late?))

Nekoka - Candidate N'ka of Bronze Swouth

While many candidates surely felt excitement when the humming began to vibrate through the stone of the Weyr, Nekoka only felt dread. He'd managed to come up with dozens of things that could go terribly wrong since the day of the touching. Death was at the top of the list, causing a dragon to between not far under it, then there was maulings... The list was extensive. Somewhere on that list was being refused his opportunity to stand because he was late. Meaning that despite his many concerns, the young lad swiftly made his way back to the barracks, changing into his robes and making himself presentable.

Making it on time and standing with the other candidates, Nekoka was sure to bow to the clutchmother. Realising that he was hunching in on himself the lad tried to straighten up, even though it made him uncomfortable. Balling his hands into fists, he tried to distract himself from all the people in the stands that were staring at them. That wasn't awkward at all. Having an audience of hundreds. A loud crack and everyone's focus seemed to shift to the eggs as a blue hatchling was revealed. At least that was someone else to take everybody's attention.

Not that the blue seemed all that intent on taking action, but the candidate couldn't blame him really. This was an important decision to make, so rushing was hardly appropriate. A little green hatched and Nekoka had to empathise with her shy demeanour, he was shy enough being in a crowd, being the centre of attention seemed much worse. It didn't really seem like either were that eager to get going. A third egg hatched and there was a bronze on the sands. People would be happy about that. Plenty muttering that greens wouldn't be able to hatch bronzes, so it was good to shut them up early.

This hatchling didn't seem interested in impressing either! Booping his sister he seemed to leave the group and go to the edge of the sands. For a moment, Nekoka thought that meant that the youngster was interested in someone from the stands, but he seemed much more interested in the sand. He wasn't going to find someone to impress down there, not unless he planned on impressing a tunnelsnake.

The interactions between the two green hatchlings kept Nekoka's attention until he heard a triumphant shriek. He turned his head quickly towards the bronze that had wandered off, now pouncing in the sand. It looked like he was eating something, but when the dragon lifted his head again it seemed that he had instead caught a trundlebug. Well, it wasn't a tunnelsnake after all. The bronze returned with his prize and made a point to show it off to the candidates.

Nekoka didn't have much time to think before swirling rainbow eyes and pale bronze hide was in front of him. NekokaMine! Can you tell your Swouth what this is?! I want to find all the little life forms! Shifting down onto his knees Nekoka gently took the hatchlings head in his hands, a slow smile forming on his features as he gazed lovingly at Swouth. The dragon stood for a while, letting his rider examine him, before shifting and presenting his find once again. Mine, my find. Please tell me what it is. Look how many legs it has. That seemed to snap the young man out of his adoring stupor.

"It's a trundlebug." The dragon let out a thoughtful sounding hum. Walking around Nekoka he led the former candidate towards the feeding tables.

Are there many of them?

"Lots."

Wonderful.

"You'll have to put it down while you eat, Swouth."

...Fine. You'll have to hold it for me though, I worked hard to catch it and I don't want it getting away before we've had adequate time to study it.

The rest of the hatching went largely unnoticed by Nekoka. Now N'ka. He held Swouth's trundlebug in one hand while the bronze eagerly consumed meat. Peppering his rider with questions about the different kinds of trundlebugs and other small creatures. It was only after he had filled his belly, examined every aspect of the creature, and was beginning to doze off, that Swouth allowed the poor thing to be released.  
Event Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff