Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:22 am
Fisher (F'er?) / Brown Clauth

Fisher had been ore or less absentmindedly watching, ready to act if she needed to, when something hit her. Not literally, as no one was close enough, but a pit wedged into her stomach and she turned in time to see what could only be described as the most beautiful sight ever. If Clauth's eyes were rainbow then Fisher's eyes were too, and for a moment in time the normally unenthusiastic woman felt like crying or leaping for joy. It was such a rush to feel all the empty spaces inside getting filled - spots she didn't even know were hollow - and suddenly it just wasn't Fisher anymore.

"It took you a while, but you did good." Fisher hoped her voice wasn't as choked up as she thought it would be; even though she was so darn happy she needed to be able to talk properly after all. "Lets go get you some food." That was what they could do together next, as the ache in Fisher's stomach was clearly not her own. She didn't need much to eat but Clauth? He was ready to devour everything.

Obediently, the brown followed. His strides were a lot stronger now that he'd accomplished his task and been given a new one, and there was no mistaking the satisfaction of a job well done that oozed from him. Good. I can do that.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:58 am
Abrila

Abrila felt her heart beat spike a little as the Dark Purple Green passed by her. Was this going to be Impression....? No, the green passed by her and looked up at the Stands, finding her person there. Abrila's heart sank a little, then she went back on concentrating on the rest of the hatchlings still around. The brown seemed to be confused, searching and searching until he finally picked someone out.

She watched as an incredibly dark green with what appeared to be unusual teeth hatched from the teal stripe egg. How odd, did it have something to do with greens clutching? Some sort of flaws greens passed on to their offspring? Strange.

She shifted around, still uncomfortable with just standing there.  

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:09 am
Farellen clenched his jaw as dragons Impressed, happy thoughts farellen, happy thoughts.... He couldn't help feel a stab every time though. Thenn a BLACK? dragon hatched... oh.. no, a green, but then that brown Impressed and Farellen felt that punch to the stomach again, would he ever Impress?

~~~~

Serfie finally noticed that dragons Impressed, that black...not green.. was interesting, she moved back again, hiding among the crowd of other candidates, looking around at the hatchlings still wandering but her eyes dragging back to the egg that she had touched, she hoped she either Impressed to it... or Impressed before it did, if she had a dragon, it wouldn't matter if it Told.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:21 am
Leather Orange Blue suddenly looked up as if realizing once more where exactly he was. Oh maybe he shouldn’t have stopped to work out this great new idea first; cause now he didn’t have anyone to explain his plan to. He realized that a good number of his siblings had already hatched and gone on to Impress. Well!

Should he have found his rider first? But the idea had been tickling back around in his brain he had to stop and think about it! Eyes whirling orange the dark blue approached the candidates with purpose. Leather Orange Blue headed toward the back of those standing, and Abrila. Why do you just stand there AbrilaMine? Come to your Shaseth, for I have a new idea to explain to you. Was I wrong to wait so long?

User Image

ChaosTheories

Teal Stripe Green gave a sad creel as Leather Orange Blue made his way off to find his rider. How come she was all alone? She turned this way and that way, unsure where to go. Only a few eggs remained unhatched. So when brightly colored Sunset Egg started to move, it was plainly obvious. The time for it was now. A small crack worked its way from the top and bottom of the shell. When it leisurely split open, an excited dragonet popped out. He was clearly a blue, but with several strange white patches.  

magnadearel

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:21 pm
Probably not, there were a lot more interesting things than her muttering going on - another Impression for a start.

For a little while V' fell quiet, scratching her chin as shells cracks and hatchlings found their riders. "Our girls definitely make more interesting hatchlings than I've ever seen before," she continued to M'li with a grin as a dark blue found his bond. "As for what they'll do, dunno. Maybe one day it'll be a choice? Can't see every green pair wanting to clutch but we've not got a lot of choice right now. We've got what... eighteen turns give or take to fill all the Weyrs again? That's...." V' trailed off in the face of mathamatics and shrugged. "Well they'll want us breeding as fast as possible for a good while yet anyway, guess if things get crowded here they'll juggle us at the abandoned Weyrs."

I want to be more than breeding stock.

We will be. Somehow or other, she wasn't sure how it'd all work out yet but she definitely wasn't just going to let them waste away as nothing but an egg production line.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:59 pm
Chellemana // Candidate / Apprentice Winemaker

Maroon Red Brown made Chelle's breath catch in their throat. Am I...? Yes? This was it--

No. They were not the one for him. They let out their breath and watched him lean against Nassah. He was doing this to everyone, they realized with a brief frown. Well, he was only a hatchling, and probably confused. Or just really methodical.

Chelle turned their attention on the Teal Stripe Egg, whose occupant was curious in so many ways. The Candidate crept toward the hatchling in a similar manner as before. It turned out that the hatchling was very close to black but the undertone of green seemed a little different from another angle, as if it could not decide whether blue or green. Along the belly it seemed green, but again, maybe not? Fascinating. At this distance though, the odd shape of the jaw was missed by the Candidate. Even more interesting still would be this discovery. But for now the hatchling did not approach the Candidates.

- - -

Nashanna // Candidate / Apprentice Glassmaker

Receiving no response from Shadow Egg or mother was encouraging. Nashanna focused once more on the curious Brown. She watched him as he seemed to converse with his mother before heading off on his own. Instead of inspecting just one or two Candidates, he stopped by everyone, including Chelle and herself! But he was not finding his rider. With a frown, her expression turned to worry. What if his future rider wasn't here? Eventually, he did find his match in a female (!) Candidate. Nassah could truthfully say with a sigh of relief that she was very happy for them both.

- - -

Rothgar // Candidate / Apprentice Beastcrafter

Rothgar watched as Maroon Red Brown made his way through the Candidates (finally!). Yes, he was among the ones inspected and rejected. This was going to become habit, wasn't it?

When he finally find his match in a girl, that left the Blue. He seemed very pensive about something. Was he trying to find his rider from a distance? Eventually he gathered his wits and knew exactly whom he wanted.

An extremely dark hatchling came from the small Teal Stripe Egg. Their underlying color, blue or green, was lost on Rothgar. Left alone on the Sands, she looked distressed. Perhaps she was another social dragon. Without thinking, Rothgar sent her some soothing thoughts. It's okay. You're not alone. Your mother, your person, and the rest of us are all here with you.

- - -

Maddeck // Standidate M'deck // Weyrling Greenrider / Apprentice Healer

Maddeck was certainly in shock. He never would have dreamed of Impressing from the Stands, like his brother had in the previous hatching. Verath, can you hear me? he asked, unsure how telepathy worked.

Yes! When you spoke I heard you then, too!

Verath. Maddeck reached the foot of the stairs and stopped right in front of her. I never told anyone this, but I've always wanted to Impress a dragon. He knelt before her and their bond was complete. All he could see were rainbows as his forehead touched her nose. Only recently did I believe that I could. Only now do I know for sure.

Maddeckmine, I don't think you should hide your desires. Healing is so noble but this kind of secret is good to share.

Thank you, Verath. He rose to his feet and brushed sand from his pants. Now let's get you fed.  

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:06 pm
TawnyAngel

M'li was so happy her dragon's eggs all appeared healthy and happy. She nodded to V'. There were some unusual ones for sure, but there had been in Lithustoth's clutch as well. Yet there were normal looking hatchlings too. So long as the hatchlings were happy and healthy and were able to Impress that was all that mattered to her. They could figure out the irregularities later.

"I hope they won't be looked down upon for their unusualness." She rather liked it. "They probably do want us to refill the Weyrs, but once we get to that point they'll have to find staff too. A weyr can't run on dragonriders alone." So much went into the running of a Weyr.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:09 pm
Teal Stripe Green was beyond excited when her sibling hatched. She bounced over to Sunset Blue and lined up beside him as if clearly joining his team. She glanced over her shoulder at Shadow Egg and Yellow Green Egg as if expecting them to hatch and join them. After a few moments, when it became clear nothing was coming on that end, she turned back to her sibling.

Sunset Blue gave a happy creel to his mother and sister. He was so happy to be out of that egg finally! He had so many things to do! Sunset Blue gently headbutted his sister’s side when she came to stand beside him. They were intrepid explorers off on their great adventure!  

magnadearel

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:19 pm
V' grunted, flashed a sharp grin at M'li, and cracked her knuckles as she said; "If anyone does look down on them my friends here'll have something to say about it, but so far," she gestured around and shrugged, "think people are just relieved we've got hatchlings at all. Mmh. Guess the people who used to work in the other Weyrs went somewhere?" Another shrug from the former Holdless, what did she know about their affairs? "So maybe they'll come back, or maybe the Holds will send people, it's in their interests to help us along right? Because without us come the Pass-" V' concluded the sentence by drawing her thumbnail sharply across her throat and gave M'li another grin before turning her eyes back onto the sands and the cute little scene playing out between the hatchlings.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:36 pm
Sunset Blue posed regally on a ridge of sand, looking noble. The dashing young…… uh…. dragon and his faithful sidekick knew that adventure lay before them. What dangers and perils would they encounter? Would they survive?

Teal Stripe Green puffed up with pleasure as she was called a faithful sidekick even if she didn’t fully understand what was going on. I will always be there for you. I’ll never give up on you or let you down!

He flashed a grin at his sibling. Then onward and forward whatever may await us! The blue charged “down” his hill toward the candidates. The pair traveled far until they came to a…. a place where tall bushes stuck up straight. What’s that called again?

“You’re probably right and I’m just borrowing trouble that I don’t need to.” M’li laughed. “You’re right, they probably went somewhere. I hope they’d want to come back, or maybe some holdless would like a chance for a new life. They should bring them here to train then send them to the new Weyr.” Without them the world was doomed.

Now was not the time to contemplate doom. M’li’s attention was drawn back to the hatching sands by the conversation of the dragonets. “Aawwwwww look at them playing!” They looked like they were playing pretend like children did.

(OOC: everyone can hear the dragonets talking.)  

magnadearel

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:59 pm
Farellen couldn't help but smile at the newly hatched blue, playing like he used to when he was small, with others in the creche "forest" he thought at the little one, being so new, how was the poor boy supposed to know what things were

~~~~~

Serfie startled when she heard something in her head, was it in her head? she wasn't sure. She looked around and saw others looking confused, yet others had stupid daft smiles on their faces, she didn't quite understand it but ... "Forest, woods?" she muttered under her breath, what idiot didn't know what trees were?.... She of course had no idea it was the DRAGONS talking.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:03 pm
Sunset Blue looked at those candidates nearest him, clearly expecting some help in identifying what he was thinking about. He even flashed an image of a whole bunch of trees together at those nearest him, who knew where he’d even gotten that picture.

Teal Stripe Green followed her brother a bit more leisurely. She wasn’t sure what that place was called either. The green stopped beside him again as she looked around at the candidates.

Yes! Yes a forest! That’s what it is. Ahem where was I? The blue cleared his throat. The travelers approached a forest filled with thieves! They had stolen something important from a nearby Hold and were keeping it all to themselves. He eyed the candidates and whispered/not whispered, that’s you guys.  

magnadearel

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:07 pm
Farellen couldn't help himself, he gave a loud-ish amused laugh, shards the blue was adorable, He wondered about the green keeping her peace though, maybe she was just shy or wanted her brother to take the lead? Either way he was amused.

~~~~

Serfie startled, there it was again, who the heck was talking? She looked around but she couldn't identify any one person that was near enough to be heard so loudly. Her stomach dropped at the word "theives" ... was she found out? she tried to look as normal as possible while looking around to see if she was about to be grabbed by an adult but could see no one. What the heck was going on?!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:10 pm
Candidate Turanves

He couldn't quite believe what was going on. These dragons were playing make believe in the middle of their hatching? Shouldn't they be impressing? He glanced at the mother green and then her rider. Shouldn't they do something?

It still was kind of interesting though. That blue seemed able to spin a good tale. Turan was almost eager to hear what happened next. He blinked as the blue identified them as the "bad guys." Just how did one play pretend with a dragon or two?  

magnadearel

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:18 pm
The blue reared up on his hind legs to look imposingly over the candidates. You have stolen something valuable and we are here to retrieve it! You cannot hope to defeat us! Give it to us peacefully and we will let you go.

Teal Stripe Green gave a chirrup in agreement. If anyone can get it back it’ll be you! She wiggled excitedly.

Sunset Blue bounced forward, humming battle music dramatically. He approached Farellen and, with a carefully fisted paw so the boy wouldn’t be injured, took a slow-mo swipe at him.  
Event Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff