Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogsmeade
Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop (Open & Hiring)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:38 pm
User Image

Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop

Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop is a small tea shop located on a side road off the High Street at Hogsmeade. The decoration is very tacky and frilly. The windows steam up and the gaudy tables and chairs are usually claimed by teenagers holding hands or kissing over cups of tea and coffee. A bell over the door announces customers in a tuneful tinkle; the round tables are decorated with lacy napkins and china sugar bowls, and cramp up the small shop to the point that employees have great difficulty in moving in between tables to serve customers.

Hours of Operation
                                                Monday - Friday: 9:00 - 21:00
                                                Saturday: 10:00 - 18:00
                                                Sunday: 11:00 - 17:00

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:16 pm
Madam Puddifoot's Menu

Tea (7 sickles)
Black
Oolong
Green
White
Earl Grey
English Breakfast
Jasmine
Herbal
Rooibos
Chai
Chamomile
Matcha
Peppermint
Fruity

*add lemon for 1 sickle

Coffee (9 sickles)
Latte
Cappuccino
Macchiato
Mochaccino
Decaf

Cake (1 galleon)
Butter
Pound
Sponge
Coffee
Cheese
Chocolate
Tuxedo
Carrot
Red Velvet

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:47 pm
Madam Puddifoot's Employees

Shop Owner

Kaitlyn Davis
played by kiska166

Hosts

Yasmin (NPC)
Humble x Undogmatic x Mellow

Baristas

Grace (NPC)
Noncompetitive x Precise x Folksy

Bakers

Charles (NPC)
Admirable x Mature x Emotional

*Hiring for all positions

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:16 pm
User Image
                                              ╔════════════════════════════╗
                                              Taylor Olson
                                              Fourteen Years Old - Fourth Year - Gryffindor - Halfblood
                                              Photography Editor of the Daily Dragon
                                              Vice Captain of the Dueling Club
                                              Member of the Art Club

╚════════════════════════════╝

Taylor was ecstatic to be on her very first date ever. She never expected to be asked out by Galen, but she supposed it went to show her that even the unexpected fancied her. They were friends, somewhat, and although she never looked at him with googly eyes, she now realized just how cute he was. Plus, the look on Echo’s face when the boy bounded over to the two of them to ask Tay out, well, that was a prize all in itself, especially since the moment leading up to that, the Wellbelove girl had expressed her dreary thoughts about Taylor’s outfit, which happened to be nice for a basic one.

For tonight’s occasion, however, she had purchased a shiny gold dress that she thought would be perfect for dinner. Maybe she’d wear it again for New Years in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, the two had quite a walk to get to Hogsmeade before she could reveal her outfit. So, the fourteen year old picked out a fur jacket, leather gloves, and an emerald scarf to match her nails and clutch to help keep her warm for their trek, but not before choosing a shimmery red colour to coat her lips. Once seated, Taylor took off her layers, exposing her body wrapped tightly in her new dress.

“Have you eaten here before?” Taylor asked, looking around at all the frilliness and couples on dates before gazing over the menu. Although it may have seemed like she asked the question to see if Galen recommended anything in particular, she really wanted to know if she was special or if he had taken previous dates here before. Most guys probably wouldn’t have wanted to know. Maybe it was a girl thing, or perhaps, a Taylor thing.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

If there is a question about my i n t e n t i o n s, I'll tell ya
                                              I'm not here to sell ya or tell you to go to hell (I'm not a brat like that)

addaellis

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:45 am

User Image☻☺
GALEN EZREAL SAYLOR

fourth year || Hufflepuff || halfblood metamorphmagus
Adventurer's Guild chronicler || Art Club cartoonist
Order of the Stick background captain || Cooking Club head chef || Quidditch fan

Sunday morning, Galen bundled up– for a date! To be fair, Galen wasn't exactly sure what being on a date was supposed to be different from them just hanging out with just the two of them. Either way, he’d studied a few romance comics in preparation, asked Simon and the Metafecta for advice, and was sure that whatever happened, he and Taylor would get to know each other better and have a fun time. He waved as they met up for the walk to Hogsmeade, and offered her a few flowers he’d picked from the garden that morning: a small bouquet of white lily, blue hyacinth, and queen anne’s lace, tied together with a blue ribbon.

"Oh! If I'd known you were dressing up I'd have worn something else!" Galen remarked, putting some effort into shifting his appearance so that his hand matched the furry blue ofTaylor’s coat, and his hair turned silky green. When they got to Madam Puddifoot’s, Galen was taken aback again by Taylor’s shiny outfit– ”Oh you really went all out!” The dress was very much something he had never seen outside of Vera’s fashion magazines, and he felt at once very underdressed and very unsure how to feel. It just screamed pretentious high society! Still, the fact she was so dressed up meant she had put a lot of effort into this outing, and he was touched by that. ”You look stunning,” he offered with a genuine smile. ”Thanks for putting so much effort into dressing up.”

As she perused the menu, Taylor asked if he’d been to Madam Puddifoot’s before. She looked around, observing the other couples and the pretty decor. "Yup! I've been here a few times with the Metafecta–err, Simon, Cass and Mona," Galen replied cheerfully, trying to reassure her. He didn’t just pick Madam Puiddifoot’s for the winter themed offerings that week– it also had to be a good enough place to take a date! “All the teas are great, but I think the real draw are the cakes!”

He glanced furtively up as he spoke, trying to determine what she might like. Galen didn't really know too much about Taylor Olson. He knew she was apparently the daughter of some hotshot fashion designer–maybe that explained the fancy shiny dress–, but Taylor didn't seem to have the Wellbelove quadruplets’ inability to not shut up about their mother. He knew Taylor took photos for the Daily Dragon and was a fellow fan of Quidditch. He got to work with her occasionally in Care of Magical Creatures.

Oh! And he knew Dragon, his pink puffle, liked her. ”Dragon says hi! Or well, he seemed pretty upset I wasn't bringing him when I mentioned I was going out with you today. So, um, how are you?"

setting Dinner date at Madam Puddifoots, December 2056 || with Taylor Olson
appearance 5'4", furry blue hands, deep green hair || wearing sweater, shirt, black jeans, and nice shoe, with winter coat -- a lot more casual than his date!
status The Peppermint Hot Chocolate set looks good

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Fortuosity, lucky chances
Fortuitious little happy happenstances
I don't worry 'cause everywhere I see
That every bit of life is lit by fortuosity
☺☻
"Fortuosity" by Tommy Steele from The Happiest Millionare.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:28 pm
User Image
                                              ╔════════════════════════════╗
                                              Taylor Olson
                                              Fourteen Years Old - Fourth Year - Gryffindor - Halfblood
                                              Photography Editor of the Daily Dragon
                                              Vice Captain of the Dueling Club
                                              Member of the Art Club

╚════════════════════════════╝

Taylor beamed when Galen had given her flowers. How romantic! The fourteen year old could not wait to tell Daphne all about her date, which had only just begun. She would be sure to say it loudly in a very public place nearby the Wellbelove quadruplets. Echo’s jealousy would undoubtedly mean that Taylor crawled up above them on the social scale. The thought almost made her grin but she caught herself before she appeared absolutely mad in front of Galen. “These are lovely. Thank you,” she responded before hugging the boy tightly. On their way they went, Taylor carrying the bouquet with one gloved hand, leaving the one on Galen’s side free in case they happened to brush fingers and have them intertwine.

“That’s alright. Next time you’ll have your chance,” she commented nonchalantly, not realizing that she had implied they’d go on a second date when they haven’t even finished their first. The brunette looked away, feeling her face turn red at her comment, hoping that it would only take a moment to fade back to her normal skin tone. Once seated and her dress revealed, Galen had commented on her outfit once again. “Well, of course. You know me. I’m not one to under dress,” she admitted, knowing full well that she would more than likely be overdressed for an event than the opposite. The fact that she was much more dressed up than her date didn’t bother her this time – she supposed she should have let him know beforehand. Her cheeks turned to a soft blush at the boy’s compliment. “Thank you,” Tay responded, wishing she had a glass of water as the boy continued to thank her for putting in effort. Or, if not a glass of water, at least an empty vase for the flowers that she laid out on the table.

Taylor felt relieved when Galen admitted that he had only come to the tea shop before with his group of friends although one of them was a girl. Interesting. She knew Mona from classes and hadn’t heard of any rumours of either of them having a crush on each other. So, the fourth year decided to drop that topic as she figured she got her answer – he had never taken another girl on a date to the tea shop. “Metafecta?” she asked curiously. Taylor had heard the friend group use that term to describe themselves before, and although curious, she never inquired before.

Blue eyes glanced back down to the menu when Galen mentioned the cakes. “Ooh, good to know. Which ones have you tired?” Taylor grimaced when she noticed coffee cake was on the menu. What a terrible idea. Coffee tasted bad enough, so the fact that people tried to make a dessert out of it made her want to vomit. Upon the mention of Dragon, the girl looked back up at Galen and smiled. “Aww, Dragon!” Maybe next time you can bring him, she almost blurted out. Luckily, she was able to stop her blabbermouth-self in time to prevent further embarrassment of bringing up the idea of a next date.

“I’m good,” she stated. “I’ve been working on putting together a ‘look book’ of different winter outfits for the Daily Dragon, but that’s almost done.” The plan was to have it out with the final issue of the newspaper prior to the holidays. Unfortunately, though, Taylor had been partnered with Echo on the article, and had grown tired of bonking heads with the girl about what each outfit should look like. Additionally, Taylor found that Echo’s lack of experience as a model for the camera caused them to waste a lot of time in figuring out how to make her face look more relaxed. At least she listened when Taylor would position her, even if only because her other option was to pose blindly. “How are you? Got any plans for the holidays?”

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

If there is a question about my i n t e n t i o n s, I'll tell ya
                                              I'm not here to sell ya or tell you to go to hell (I'm not a brat like that)

addaellis

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Hogsmeade

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out