18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:54 pm
Name: Elphae Woodes

Blood colour: Purple 764FC4 ♫♫♫♫♫♫

Symbol: High heel User Image

Profile: Cheerful and bright, Elphae is dramatic and over the top with every action she makes. She is boisterous and when she does something she goes all the way, with glitz and glamor and PIZZAZ. She loves talking to other trolls and has a habit of thinking all trolls are always talking to her at all times. This leads her to interrupting many conversations with the belief they are talking to her and her obvious belief that she is more important than any other. She is very materialistic and shallow, so if the troll looks pretty or makes her think they are great with shiny stuff and grandiose words, she will trust it blindly as she was taught to be this way by her lusus. She is blissfully ignorant of the harshness of the world, having been spoon-fed all her life and received all the things she's ever wanted. Such has made her spoiled and makes her believe everything will be given to her automatically, so she doesn't need to try too hard. She is not used to being challenged, and if she is, she believes that there will be always another willing to carry out her desires.

Elphae has a tendency to assume a lot of stereotypes of other trolls, fully based on what she has heard of their blood color. Said habit is only worsened by her lack of filter slash lack of sensitivity. She tends to talk too much, often times all at once, with no pause. She expects sensitivity from others but is not very good at being sensitive herself. Thinking outside her own tiny box is hard for her, as she’s never had to in the first place, nor has she been placed in a situation where she needs to. She likes thinking what she wants to. This affects her judgement sometimes, as she tends to see things not for what they really are, but for what she wants to see. She tells what she believes should be the truth, simply because she thinks she can gain the favor of others better because of that. Somewhere in the back of her mind she knows she's lying to them, but because she's never had to face the consequences of her actions, she doesn't think too hard about it.

Elphae genuinely hasn't thought much about the hemospectrum. Why should she need to, when her lusus tells her she's better than most trolls? Her lusus has made sure not to let her focus on it too much, and has given her the idea that all trolls are what they are for a reason, and that they cannot move past their station. That lowbloods are born incapable and wicked, that they deserve being in their place, and that they should be seen and not heard. It is a generalization she has not questioned due to not needing to and it not benefiting her-- But said generalization does not stop her from talking to lowbloods, if only just because they are apart of the masses that will help her gain more renown. Everyone knows that the best highbloods are those that have trolls following their beck and call out of want rather than need!

Elphae loves to shop and shop and SHOP. She indulges in all of the things she's able and is fully booked day by day to go to every and all parties she can go to as a kid. There is never a moment where she is doing nothing and loves to spend money frivolously and easily. She goes to the cinema, she goes to theaters, she loves amusement parks, fancy restaurants... One could say spending money is her hobby! She's a socialite through and through.

Strengths:
Eager
Elphae is an excited child, with boundless energy that is hard to strap down. Whenever she does something, she goes all the way in— She’s definitely an all-or-nothing kind of troll. She truly enjoys meeting and building new relationships with other trolls, and believes it to be an important feature in her life. She’s sociable and tries her best to friendly to those she cares about, and is always excited to help them out.

Self-Confident
Elphae is confident in her abilities and no one can tell her otherwise. All her life she has been bolstered by those around her, and no one is important enough to her that she takes any negative opinions they might say seriously-- Not even her lusus. She doesn't believe in critique-- If she came out this way, that means she's perfect in every way!

Flaws:
Shallow
This troll is one to value appearances more than loyalty or personality. Sure, a loyal troll is good and all, but if the troll doesn’t look or act good, she feels less inclined to lend them a sound node. This means if their appearance doesn’t reach her personal standard, she will be more likely to ignore them, or not realize they’re there.

Spoiled
A typical purpleblood, Elphae is used to receiving the world and more on a silver platter. She believes all her demands will be carried out, and all her expectations to be met. Her mind just doesn’t compute failure and should there be any, she just moves on to the next person who will take her money and do it for her, and will keep going until she gets what she wants.

Weapon: High heeled shoe!

Appearance: All the best gals in one-- Think Elle Woods from Legally Blonde(the musical), Cher from Clueless, Glinda from Wicked-- All their outfits are fair game! As for appearance, Elphae looks a lot like this: uwaa! teen stage! Her is a lot poofier and looks kinda like Haru's from persona 5, and her horns work like the heel from high heels do, and extend as she ages. (i hope this makes sense) As a kid, her horns are kitten heels, as a teen, they're 3 inch heels, as an adult, 5 inch heels. She has big, wide eyes and a permanent blush on her face, with thin eyebrows and over the top lashes.
i drew a referenceeee

Home: In Civisect City, Elphae owns a very large Miami style home, flashy and full of #aesthetic.

Lusus: Madame!
Affectionately called Mama, Madame is a larger than normal big, fluffy flamingo. Madame is a lusus who is very doting on her daughter, giving her all the luxuries she asks for with the expectation that she carry out all the things she says. She is ten times more dramatic than Elphae and lives vicariously through her, pushing her to be the very best that she can be, which is, to be everything Madame had always wanted to be. This drive comes from her own frustrations and desires to be better than what she is, but not having the means to be it due to her being a lusus-- She channels all her energy into helping Elphae and being there for her, telling her how much better she is than the others so much that Elphae sometimes feels smothered and pushes her away. Most of the time though, she basks in the attention and lets Mama do everything for her.

Power: N/A  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:02 pm
Hey Quite! Hope you've been doing alright! Elphae sounds terrigreat and I love her (rp pls when she's real) but I had a few questions to pick your brain with.

1) To start, I'd like to ask if Elphae has any hobbies. Hobbies are something that are generally looked for in profiles, and I'm curious as to what she enjoys doing in her off time! One or two should be fine to help flesh her out.

2) I'm also a little curious about her superficial personality. You say that she would rather lie than tell the truth because it's easier, but then go on to say this:

"She tells what she believes should be the truth, simply because she can gain the favor of others better because of that."

I'd like a little more clarification on this. Is she aware that she's compulsively lying to trolls? Does she know she's essentially lying to herself? Since she tends to see things "not for what they really are, but for what she wants to see" and wants everyone to see the same "illusion" that "...she believes should be the truth". Some clarification to tie these ideas together would help!

3) As for her strengths, there's some additional clarification I'd like. Her profile mentions that she's very self-centered, selfish, and highly materialistic. Not only that, but she seems to only acknowledge trolls that either have acceptable appearance standards or give her what she wants. You then go on to say that Elphae is " "good" " and has "good intentions". Elphae does not read like the type to be a people-pleaser unless it benefits her. Will she actually go to lengths to make trolls happy? Does this only extend to trolls she views as acceptable? If she's only willing to support a niche group of trolls, then I think it might be better to try and find a broader strength that more encompasses her personality rather than a side that only particular trolls would see.

Her flaws all sound good to me though! And Mama sounds like a darling. Let me know if you have any questions regarding my crit! (It is only my second one ever, after all.)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:38 pm
thank you so much mels!! i edited and addressed all the things you asked in red, and ive dropped her back in for critiques!!!
Melancholies

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:51 pm
Hey Quite! After reading everything over, I'm still having a bit of a hard time grasping Elphae's personality and motives. Some of her traits seem contradictory. For example:

thinks everything is about her, is boisterous and showy and opinionated vs. would rather follow the crowd because it's easier

sees the world the way she wants to see it vs. would lie to placate someone (presumably by telling them what they want to hear and not her own "personal truths")

I feel like the best way to pull Elphae together is to take a step back and really decide on what her motives are. Does she want to be everyone's friend or is she just looking for attention? Does she gain any emotional satisfaction from positive attention that she wouldn't otherwise get just from being her (since she thinks she's perfect the way she is)?

Does she tell herself she doesn't care what others think but deep down (maybe subconsciously) actually does and that's why she's willing to shell out beetles for little to no reason?

If you have time, maybe we could chat about it one on one? I feel like Elphae has a lot going on and a lot of good ideas, but none of it feels especially concrete the way it's written.

saedusk
Crew

Dedicated Bunny

saedusk
Crew

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:40 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
Application Quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games