Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:39 pm
Updated elements list:
(*Elemental powers/abilities are not limited to the items listed below.)
Spells with 50 next to them cannot be learned by players

: = condition
; = cost- that effects is done even if the spell is negated and will always happen instantly
Range values = touch(must be touching), nearby (about 5ft away), range (about 20ft away), faraway(about 50ft away), think of (endless range)

15 starting save
KO at 0

AMOUT LOSS

Minor- -3 mod, 1 DMG
lesser- -1 mod, 1 DMG
average- 0 mod, 2 DMG
higher- +1 mod, 3 DMG
high- +3 mod, 4 DMG
absurd- +10 mod, 10 DMG

HEALING

lightly- 1 HP
heal- 2 HP
greatly- 3 HP

ARMOR

Light armor- 1
Light armor- 2
Light chain- 3
Basic plate- 4
Heavy plate- once per battle give disadvantage
Knight armor- disadvantage

If a spell has the word target in it then it targets

Useful links:

Known Facts

There is a god for each element, as well as two for the moon (there are two moons), the sun, and one for the changing seasons.
    There are two moons, whose moon phases are opposite to one another. There is one god for each moon, but they are often worshiped as one.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:46 pm
Ok as for what elements there will be
Nature(heal, attack), water, fire, earth(utility, support), air(attack, support), light, dark, nature2, water2, fire2, ???
So 14 different types in total  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:17 am
Xa44
Ok as for what elements there will be
Nature(heal, attack), water, fire, earth(utility, support), air(attack, support), light, dark, nature2, water2, fire2, ???
So 14 different types in total

ok then... ... ... Nope, I still need a bit more clarification here. (Prepare yourself! I've got lots to say, so here we go!)

tab First off, what is "Nature"? Is it essentially the same thing as wood? Wood would include things like growth and anything to do with plants. I would extend that to include healing magic (especially physical healing), as well as poison (potentially including poisons that induce hallucinations) as plants are related to medicine. Also, you could probably include insects that dwell within plants as being attributed to wood.

tab Next question has to do with metal. I'm assuming that your system groups metal with Earth, as a subsidiary element, (or one and the same) but my issue concerns lightning and magnetism. Lightning (in some traditions at least), has been associated with metal, but it doesn't quite mix well if metal is an attribute of earth. In Chinese traditions it has been an aspect of wood as wood governs over wind, (which may make sense because you rub two sticks together to make fire; lightning, which resembles roots, strikes a tree and also makes fire, and thunder is a sound which is carried by the wind). Other elemental systems will consider lightning to be an attribute of fire, (because plasma is attributed to fire and heat), but you generally don't find lightning in a fire mage's arsenal. So, the only other element that is connected to lightning (other than water) is air, which obviously governs over wind, sound, and storms, (especially tornadoes). Air is also attributed to movement, temperatures, knowledge, and repulsive forces (invisible forces like wind; not sure if that includes gravity). So, in short, is Lightning, (or rather thunder), an attribute of air?

tab My next question has to do with what you mean by "light" and "dark". Are they literal light (which is usually associated with fire) and darkness (which is simply a lack of light)? Or are they more like Holy/Spirit (energy in it's purest form) and Void (empty space); both of which are associated with the same 5th element: "Quintessence" or "aether" (also called "Void" [or "sky" or "heaven", in some traditions/translations]). Aether was at one point considered to fill the empty space between planets, as well as the medium that light waves traveled through in space, but space is a vacuum and light is made up of photon particles, so this 5th element would later become "soul" or "spirit" (or "heart" in some cases), and it is associated with positive celestial (and/or divine) life energy, creativity/imagination, and space. It's kind of like the element dealing with the metaphysical, being something that exists, but can't be perceived, such as pure energy and spirits, as well as soft glowing light that heals the soul. It's a stretch, but you could say that anti-gravity might be an aspect of aether as the energy that keeps the planets from falling to earth. If not, then it may be thought of as the element that governs over time. Void, on the other hand, is also associated with space, but it generally encompasses the more negative/destructive aspects of aether, being empty space and literal nothingness. It's the closest thing to darkness (including a lack of light, or the destruction of light). It is a space where there are no elements, but considering that dark space is a vacuum, it may potentially be capable sucking everything into it if it's not balanced properly by the "light" side of it, (be that in the for of a literal black hole, or as a metaphor about loosing one's sense of self in the dark). Void may also include things like hexes and curses, and other destructive energies that can't be seen. This may include illness, death, and deception (illusions) as well. Shadow would potentially fall on the boundary line.
In truth, Void and Aether are the same thing, but they are like Yin and Yang.

So tell me what you think about my analysis! I know it's a lot to take in, but I'm looking for clarification so that I can set boundaries for my character's abilities. Shadow would remain petty close to the line that separates light and dark, though Terran's abilities would lean closer to the darker aspects thanks to his bloodline. I'm doing everything to keep things balanced.
What do you think? cat_3nodding

Oh, and I also need to know what that element2 thing is all about. I assume that it's a more powerful (leveled up) version on the same element, but I don't get why it's listed like a separate element. :/
And I'm not sure if "summoning" is a power that is unaffected by the elements, or if it's considered a neutral ability (like unaffiliated ritual magic). "Chi" falls under

Edit: Is it worth mentioning that darkness was traditionally an aspect of water? As was fear, apparently. I also discovered that magnetism can be associated with water, which fulfills the role of the metal element in my eyes (or at least it makes metal make sense as an subsidiary earth element).
"Chi" or "Qi" is apparently associated with void/aether/quintessence, (it's life energy), but you could probably categorize it as it's own unaffiliated natural energy if you don't want it to be aether/light. Speaking of which, I'm not sure if "celestial" originally referred strictly to heavenly bodies (i.e. the stars and planets in space), or if it refers to the god-like spiritual element that it has come to be known as. Either way, it was seen as pure energy of the cosmos, (which may include time, but that logic, since space and gravity can actually bend time), and it is viewed as the air that the gods in the heavens breath.
Perhaps the dark void governs over space, while the light aether governs over time? Or maybe that's a can of worms worth leaving closed for now, since the light and dark / positive and negative aspects of quintessence greatly overlap...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:21 pm
Haru Yates

Oooooohhhhhhh kkkkkkkkkkkkkk
So to sum all that up kates abilitys will be much more simplistic and the things in () are 2 separate things.
Nature is just plants.
Dark is going to be mainly stuff like blinding people and debuffs.
And the fire fire2 thing is as you guessed fire2 is just a higher level of fire and also can be used anywhere because kate can only you an element if that type of fairy is in the area
And also for how strong should your character be I would say that they should probably be stronger then kate but still not a master of anything
Also quick thought is there any specific abilitys you want your character to learn as in from people or do you just want it to be they train by themselves and learn new things, and also anyother things you want in the world(NOTE:the RP may end befor this can be obtained, same gos for kate or any other things in the world)  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:32 pm
Xa44

You didn't answer my questions at all!!! *cries!* emotion_donotwant (Well, that's not true, you did confirm that the "nature" element functions the same way that the "wood" element would in an RPG setting among other things. :/ )

Allow me to simplify my questions:

1) What element includes lightning?
    2) Is "light" the same thing as "Spirit" or "Holy"?
    3) Is Shadow magic an aspect of "light" or "Dark"? (Because it's kind of both, but with dark characteristics.)

As for abilities that I need to learn from other people... hmm... I'm ok with Terran being self-taught, especially if there are no other swordsman in our group. Without formal training, a conjured shadow weapon (an "obsidian blade" or "shadow cutlass" ) would be used in a similar manner of fighting to a vampire using it's claws to attack. He'll practice as much as he can without a mentor as he has done so far. You may even find him practicing his magic for making darkness/shadow tangible on his spare time. (Yeah, I think I'm going with a cutlass type of blade for hand to hand combat. If it was a long sword, then he'd definitely need training.) Being self-taught, however, means that his skills will be sub-par against a skilled swordsman, but if he can perfect the ability to quickly change the state of the shadow weapon (from solid to gas to solid again in a fraction of a second), then he may be able to get the upper hand. The highest level of that would be to do the same thing with his physical form, but I don't expect him to learn how to do that effectively for at least a year or two, if not far later on in the RP. (Trust me, I'm patient enough to wait. Another RP that me and my friends do in real time had me wait 3 or 4 years to obtain a form of immortality... and all that did was stop him from aging.)
If anything, he could use a sparring partner more than an actual teacher, but not until he learns to conjure a weapon and sustain it too.

I figured that their magic powers would develop naturally as they level up... (don't know why I said that...)

Like I've said before, Terran's motivation is basically revenge, so that's how you'll get him to join you, I'd imagine. (Unless you can convince him that it's in his best interest to go with you anyways.) The only reason he hasn't left his home town is because he has no leads as to who or where his father is. All he knows is that he supposedly resembles his old man, but that isn't enough information to go on a hunt. (Perhaps the vamp works for the enemy. Maybe he loses interest and flees as we approach the final boss. Maybe it's addressed in an entirely different story ark that takes place in a different episode, or maybe the vamp is already dead and Terran just doesn't know it yet! [which would actually kind of piss him off.] It's up to the Game Master [or Dungeon Master, if you prefer that title])

Don't forget that Kate is not the only "main character" in the story! You have permission to use whatever you want from my backstory in the main story however you want, so go crazy here. Terran's fate (and future) is, for the most part, in your hands!

...As for Terran's backstory, how many details do you want? The short version is that his mother had severe PTSD from the attack by Terran's father (name is undecided), which made life difficult for both her and Terran, and eventually led to her taking her own life. She was often hysterical, and the fact that Terran began to resemble his father as he grew up definitely didn't help this. The lack of proper living conditions and lack of doctors specializing in mental health matters also didn't help. She died a couple years ago and her family disowned Terran for his connection with the man that ruined their daughter's life.
Terran's red eyes are also uncommon and people in the town that know of him recognize it as a sign of his cursed blood; they discriminate against him for it, as if he would bring them bad luck. The state of the town doesn't really help this, as nearly anything can be blamed on some sort of superstition. I'm still working out some kinks--such as whether he finds shelter in an abandoned building or an old church, and whether or not he lives alone, or if his current dwelling is a shared space with other street-urchins (no bigger than a group of 5)--or if he spend his time working odd jobs, collecting trinkets from the war zone to sell, or volunteering in exchange for food or items, but I will tell you as soon as I figure it out. (I'm also open to suggestions on the matter).  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:43 pm
Have I lost you yet? emotion_awesome

I know, I type too much. But I'm gonna do this right, dammit! (A good campaign involves working with the Dungeon Master!)  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:11 pm
Haru Yates
Xa44

You didn't answer my questions at all!!! *cries!* emotion_donotwant (Well, that's not true, you did confirm that the "nature" element functions the same way that the "wood" element would in an RPG setting among other things. :/ )

Out if those none these are just the elements kate will have and I already did lightning, it is it own element
Haru Yates

Yes
Haru Yates
3) Is Shadow magic an aspect of "light" or "Dark"? (Because it's kind of both, but with dark characteristics.)

Dark

Haru Yates
As for abilities that I need to learn from other people... hmm... I'm ok with Terran being self-taught, especially if there are no other swordsman in our group. Without formal training, a conjured shadow weapon (an "obsidian blade" or "shadow cutlass" ) would be used in a similar manner of fighting to a vampire using it's claws to attack. He'll practice as much as he can without a mentor as he has done so far. You may even find him practicing his magic for making darkness/shadow tangible on his spare time. (Yeah, I think I'm going with a cutlass type of blade for hand to hand combat. If it was a long sword, then he'd definitely need training.) Being self-taught, however, means that his skills will be sub-par against a skilled swordsman, but if he can perfect the ability to quickly change the state of the shadow weapon (from solid to gas to solid again in a fraction of a second), then he may be able to get the upper hand. The highest level of that would be to do the same thing with his physical form, but I don't expect him to learn how to do that effectively for at least a year or two, if not far later on in the RP. (Trust me, I'm patient enough to wait. Another RP that me and my friends do in real time had me wait 3 or 4 years to obtain a form of immortality... and all that did was stop him from aging.)
If anything, he could use a sparring partner more than an actual teacher, but not until he learns to conjure a weapon and sustain it too.

I figured that their magic powers would develop naturally as they level up... (don't know why I said that...)

Like I've said before, Terran's motivation is basically revenge, so that's how you'll get him to join you, I'd imagine. (Unless you can convince him that it's in his best interest to go with you anyways.) The only reason he hasn't left his home town is because he has no leads as to who or where his father is. All he knows is that he supposedly resembles his old man, but that isn't enough information to go on a hunt.

That may be a problem because of... reasons
Haru Yates
(Perhaps the vamp works for the enemy. Maybe he loses interest and flees as we approach the final boss. Maybe it's addressed in an entirely different story ark that takes place in a different episode, or maybe the vamp is already dead and Terran just doesn't know it yet! [which would actually kind of piss him off.] It's up to the Game Master [or Dungeon Master, if you prefer that title])

Haru Yates
Don't forget that Kate is not the only "main character" in the story! You have permission to use whatever you want from my backstory in the main story however you want, so go crazy here. Terran's fate (and future) is, for the most part, in your hands!

That help a lot thx
Haru Yates

...As for Terran's backstory, how many details do you want? The short version is that his mother had severe PTSD from the attack by Terran's father (name is undecided), which made life difficult for both her and Terran, and eventually led to her taking her own life. She was often hysterical, and the fact that Terran began to resemble his father as he grew up definitely didn't help this. The lack of proper living conditions and lack of doctors specializing in mental health matters also didn't help. She died a couple years ago and her family disowned Terran for his connection with the man that ruined their daughter's life.
Terran's red eyes are also uncommon and people in the town that know of him recognize it as a sign of his cursed blood; they discriminate against him for it, as if he would bring them bad luck. The state of the town doesn't really help this, as nearly anything can be blamed on some sort of superstition. I'm still working out some kinks--such as whether he finds shelter in an abandoned building or an old church, and whether or not he lives alone, or if his current dwelling is a shared space with other street-urchins (no bigger than a group of 5)--or if he spend his time working odd jobs, collecting trinkets from the war zone to sell, or volunteering in exchange for food or items, but I will tell you as soon as I figure it out. (I'm also open to suggestions on the matter).

Kk so the way this RP will start is the party all happen to be in the same place when a tree starts to glow and shink and there will be an unconscious girl(kate) where the tree was so that might mess with things  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:44 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

Out if those none these are just the elements kate will have and I already did lightning, it is it own element
Haru Yates

Yes
Haru Yates

Dark

Haru Yates

Like I've said before, Terran's motivation is basically revenge, so that's how you'll get him to join you, I'd imagine. (Unless you can convince him that it's in his best interest to go with you anyways.) The only reason he hasn't left his home town is because he has no leads as to who or where his father is. All he knows is that he supposedly resembles his old man, but that isn't enough information to go on a hunt.

That may be a problem because of... reasons
Haru Yates
(Perhaps the vamp works for the enemy. Maybe he loses interest and flees as we approach the final boss. Maybe it's addressed in an entirely different story ark that takes place in a different episode, or maybe the vamp is already dead and Terran just doesn't know it yet! [which would actually kind of piss him off.] It's up to the Game Master [or Dungeon Master, if you prefer that title])

That help a lot thx
Haru Yates

Kk so the way this RP will start is the party all happen to be in the same place when a tree starts to glow and shink and there will be an unconscious girl(kate) where the tree was so that might mess with things

OMG THANK YOU! That clarifies the element thing for me!
For Terran's motivations being a problem, is that more because of how you plan to begin the story? If so, then it can be solved as simply as adding in an item that warped one-way. I did say that Terran may find and sell old items or artifacts from the war zone, so it's possible that one item, upon examination, activates and teleports him away from wherever he was and to the space where the party meets up. I can picture it now...

Terran gasps as the trinket glows and his surroundings distort. He is engulfed by a bright light as he feels the floor suddenly vanish from below him. The next thing he knows, he is falling, but not for long; only a few feet, he'd estimate. He hits the ground with a grunt and rolls over, squinting as his eyes adjust. "The hell...?" He looks at the trinket in his hand to find that it no longer seems to contain magic as it had before. "Junk," he says as he tosses it aside. "Damn enchantment. ...Where am I?" He looks around as his eyes finally begin to take in his new surroundings.

This scenario would also create a new motivation: getting home to inform the younger kids who share a shelter with him hat he's not dead.  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:28 pm
Haru Yates

Terran gasps as the trinket glows and his surroundings distort. He is engulfed by a bright light as he feels the floor suddenly vanish from below him. The next thing he knows, he is falling, but not for long; only a few feet, he'd estimate. He hits the ground with a grunt and rolls over, squinting as his eyes adjust. "The hell...?" He looks at the trinket in his hand to find that it no longer seems to contain magic as it had before. "Junk," he says as he tosses it aside. "Damn enchantment. ...Where am I?" He looks around as his eyes finally begin to take in his new surroundings.

This scenario would also create a new motivation: getting home to inform the younger kids who share a shelter with him hat he's not dead.

Yeah that works, anouther idea I have is that he whent out looking for move information about his father finds kate and takes note of her ability and thinks about how it may be able to help him with finding more info. Or maybe he finds kate and she reminds him of some other kid from that place  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:36 am
Xa44
Haru Yates

Yeah that works, another idea I have is that he went out looking for move information about his father finds Kate and takes note of her ability and thinks about how it may be able to help him with finding more info. Or maybe he finds kate and she reminds him of some other kid from that place

Sorry! I was going to reply yesterday, but then my battery died.
I was going to say that the above scenario should probably be based on a trinket that he took off a dead guy on the street if we take that route. (Might work better that way, especially if people dying on the street is not uncommon.)

As for your suggestion there, what ability? o.O

EDIT: Whatever the ability is, maybe it's the reason he sticks around after he meets her? (Which, I now realize, is exactly what you just said, isn't it... sweatdrop )  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:17 pm
*edited your first second post to include lightning.
(If you want, I can edit it to show the elements you wrote in list form. Otherwise, I'll just leave it as it is now.)  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:08 pm
Haru Yates
(If you want, I can edit it to show the elements you wrote in list form. Otherwise, I'll just leave it as it is now.)

Ok so that list is only for what things kate will use it has no real use and the ability of kate is her ability to talk to fairys and they see everything and are everywhere so they would probably be able to say something  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:06 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

Ok so that list is only for what things kate will use it has no real use and the ability of kate is her ability to talk to fairys and they see everything and are everywhere so they would probably be able to say something

Oh? I thought you posted those in response to my requesting a list of elements. (my bad.) still, the elements you listed + lightning is all of them, isn't it?
I like your idea about Terran following Kate for info. It is believed that faries can not lie, but isn't Kate the only one who can see them? U may have to convince Terran that you are indeed communicating with faries. (That also may require planning out a few more details about Terran's father, which is fine with me.)

G2g cuz my tablet is being stupidand it's 12:05 am where I live right now. Goodnight!)  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:15 pm
Haru Yates

Well it is possible for him to see things they do and he could have easily heard storys or fokelore about them, and also thats why he would need kate as well  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:28 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

Well it is possible for him to see things they do and he could have easily heard storys or fokelore about them, and also thats why he would need kate as well
... When you say "it is possible for him to see things they do", what exactly do you mean? Are you saying that anyone can see them, or that Kate can make them visible to him? (or can Terran also see and/or sense things others cant? like ghosts and stuff...thanks to his supernatural lineage or sonething, lol...?)  
Xa44s RPs

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff