Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Friendsim

7,125 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Novice Dungeon Explorer 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:43 pm
Name: Huldra Cyrnel

Huldra- A forest guardian from Scandanavian folklore.

Cyrnel - Old English for "kernel".

Blood colour: Bronze #A15000

Symbol: Taurga - The Guardian

User Image

Profile: Huldra is a tiny, industrius troll who lives in the rural foothills of Busthind's mountain range. Initially hatched in the Salamire caverns, she had to move to more solid terrain for the sake of her lusus.

Huldra is an aspiring permaculturist, although she's a bit young to really know what she's doing. She manages to do well enough for herself and her lusus, but hopes to one day be able to provide food and recruit for the trolls back home at the Outpost. At the moment, she's running supplies from town .

Huldra resents and distrusts Alternian civilization (all of it, not just the hemospectrum,) but isn't informed enough to have political views any more nuanced than "society sucks". She's wise enough to keep quiet about that unless she's around sympathizers, though.

She's a bit of a hard nut to crack, but once you've earned her trust, Huldra's solidarity is unwavering. She is willing to run errands, provide food and refuge, and make other sacrifices of time and energy to see that her friends are able to thrive.

Huldra doesn't like combat, and probably never will. While she would do a lot of things for friendship and camaraderie, killing or maiming trolls isn't one of them, and is something she would only undertake for self-defense, or defending the trolls in her quadrants.

Strengths:

Self-Sufficient - She has a tidy little hivestead in spite of the unforgiving climate and not having had help from other trolls or the carpenter drones.

Quiet - Huldra doesn't cause controversy and doesn't make waves. She comes through, takes care of her affairs, and leaves well enough alone.

Flaws:

Suspicious- She tends to assume that any strange troll is out to get something out of her, and acts accordingly.

Secretive - Trolls who take too close of an interest in her are likely to be met with blunt deflection. "Who wants to know?" "Why do you care?" "Mind your own business."

Weapon: Hatchet

Appearance: She tends to wear layers, especially when travelling through the colder parts of the mountains. Cloak, hat, gloves, sweater, leggings, and comfortable hiking shoes. She cuts her hair to about chin length, with straight bangs. Her horns are slender, and branch off into three bulbous "pods" of different sizes.
User Image

Home: Mountain, (down in the hills.) Her hive is small and cluttered with books and plants.

Lusus: Wisent (a forest-dwelling bison that lives in parts of eurasia and is closely related to the now-extinct aurochs.) She stays close to Huldra, serving as a mount and protector, and is a constant source of encouragement. She's disappointed that she couldn't live closer to Huldra's "herd" but as a very large cow who was not built for swimming or climbing trees, she couldn't adequately protect Huldra in the swamp.

Her relationship to Huldra is fairly healthy; she's neither neglectful nor overbearing, and is supportive of Huldra's hobbies and interests. She's given Huldra a reasonable perspective on how the world outside the hivestead works, but doesn't use that to discourage her ambitions. Overall, she's a good mom, and she and Huldra love each other very much.

Power: None yet. (Animal Communion, a la Tavros, is planned for the future.)  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:02 pm
tremorSensation

Hello tremorSensation, and welcome to the guild! I'm Green, and nice to meet you. (:

First of all, I just wanted to say I'm psyched to see a Nordic folklore inspired troll. I love mythos from around the world, but Celtic and Nordic lore in particular is a soft spot for me. So hells yeah, to that!

Okay getting into it, I just have a couple things:

Powers are earned or won through events, so she should be starting out as a blank slate. Down the road however, by participating in metas, there's always the possibility of unlocking latent powers for her later in life.

At the moment, I don't have a real good sense of Huldra's personality. Your profile should essentially be a pitch to other role-players, a sneak preview of what she's like to help with plotting. I don't think you need to add a lot (certainly critters/staff can appreciate brevity), but just a little something to give her some oomph.

Finally, in the lusus portion, we just need to see what Huldra's relationship is with her lusus. Again, doesn't have to be anything long.

That's it! The rest of what you have looks great. Go ahead and strike out your name in the approval thread, and resubmit whenever you're ready.

Edit: I belatedly realised that we do have our annual sporting event, Bloodfest, coming up, where traditionally there has been a chance to win powered trolls. Though I'm not sure if the same prizes will be offered this year, there is always a possibility. Besides that, it's a good chance to meet the shop and RP, so I'd definitely dig in, once that gets going!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

saedusk
Crew

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:58 pm
tremorSensation

Hello! Huldra is looking good so far, I just have a few more questions to add to what you've already gone over with Green and I think she'll be much more well-rounded. I absolutely appreciate how straight to the point her profile is, but I'd like to see just a bit more about her.

Could you add another hobby? Her permaculturist aspirations are great, but aside from that her night to night life seems largely centered on "chores" like providing food and shelter for others. Maybe that is a hobby for her, but it might be nice to have something else for her and other trolls to potentially bond over.

Lastly, suspicious as a flaw feels a tad weak. Based on how you look at it, being able to skirt potential danger or exploitation could be a strength, especially for someone of her blood color. Could you expand on this flaw and make it feel more like a detriment?

Application Quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games