Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands
[PRP] Meet your new guar- I mean dog (Burny, Anya & Dmitri)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:21 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Anya found that most of her days were spent napping and eating. Most of the other Kinengwe were more than happy to take over some of her duties, and her Maji duties weren't terribly strenuous. She did discover that her stomach was a lot larger than she thought it'd be, but when she asked a healer about it, they just said it was normal.... for someone with a big litter.

Oh, she couldn't wait to meet them! With their little paws and tiny faces... she hoped they inherited Burny's soft peach mane and cute chubby stature too.

Speaking of, she was surprised Burny wasn't in the den too. Normally he was hovering nearby, anxiously trying to keep her comfortable, but today he was out. The lioness hummed as she thought about her mate, rolling languidly over onto her other side.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

-----

The little jackal was bouncing excitedly behind the lion walking in front of him, ears perked up and alert for any danger. Today was the day he'd meet his new charge, and he wanted to make sure he didn't mess up.

When he'd first run into the large grey male, Dmitri hadn't been expecting the request that had been given to him. Guarding a pregnant lioness during times of trouble? Why, he was honored! He may not be big and bulky like all these felines (quite the contrary, in fact), but he could protect like the best of them, if he did say so himself.

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:37 pm
MangoMeow

User Image
Burny had a great idea. It was an idea that had formed when he had seen a couple with Maned wolves by their side. The dogs had barked as he walked past behind the two lions. They were a warning system a type of protection if they were approached from behind. He pondered where this idea had come from, let is stew in his mind and, more to the point, he questioned them. Apparently a jackal and a Maned wolf were mates and they had four kids here. Two fo them were the maned wolves that accompanied these lions the other two were jackals.

He of course knew that Jackals were a lot smaller than maned wolves with their long gangly legs and thick turned necks, but he considered the options and decided that a jackal would be a great partner for Anya, both while she was pregnant and beyond. A little partner that would be a warning system, a protector. Someone to be with her when he couldn’t. These were troubled times and he wanted to protect Anya without annoying her.

When he rounded to the dens he smiled. There she was, his Anya. He couldn’t help but feel pride. He had never been a prideful lion of course but seeing Anya all Gracie made him happy. He and Anya, they were going to be parents and her swollen belly was proof of that. He loved her more every day. “Hey pretty lady, are you feeling okay?” He trotted up to his mate and nuzzled her cheek gently though his eyes swivelled slightly to admire her. She truly looked beautiful to him.

“I brought a friend to see you.” He grins his coral mane falling in to his green eyes.

Syrius Lionwing

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:16 am
Speak of the devil - or maybe angel was more accurate? - and he would appear. Perking up, Anya smiled as Burny spoke, nuzzling back emphatically. She found that she was feeling just a bit more cuddly as she got further into her pregnancy, but she bet that Burny didn't mind.

Licking his cheek lovingly, she smiled, "I'm fine. Just lounging around the den." It was a little boring, but also felt good to get off her paws.

"A friend?" She blinked, turning her head to look around him... and almost started cooing on the spot. His friend was ADORABLE.

Dmitri came to a stop as Burny started speaking to his mate, observing her and their den with a look of someone trying to memorize every little detail they could. She certainly radiated elegance, he supposed that was why the lion was so intent on keeping her safe. Well, and true love.

As she turned blue eyes onto him, the jackal straightened up and trotted closer before giving an exaggerated bow.

"Hello! I'm Dmitri." For all his attempted dignity, his tail still wagged excitedly behind him. Some habits would never really break, after all, but he tried not to bounce around like a pup.

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:01 am
MangoMeow

Burny beamed. She really did look so beautiful to him, he reached a paw out and touched her stomach a proud glow on his face. “And how are all of you today hmm?” He churred, perhaps if he knew just how many cubs were coming he might feel a little more settled. Their unknown number, the unsettled feeling of the pride, the strange happenings in the sky. They had really chosen a great time to have children.

First thing was first, he had to protect Anya and by extension their children. He would have to worry about the babies once they came. How many jackals could he recruit to this cause? That was certainly a question for another day.

“Dmitri here has come to help you, while you’re pregnant.” He decided telling Anya the truth of the situation was probably the best, though saying ‘guard dog’ out loud was certainly not something he was about to mention to Anya. “I can’t be here twenty four seven, even though I want to be.” He frowned, he had a job to do and he had to make sure Anya was kept well fed. For those purposes alone he had to leave occasionally. He hoped of course that his mate would get so used to the hound being at her side that she wouldn’t notice he was always with her, even after she was done giving birth. “He’s fast, like a little lightning bolt on paws, he’ll come and get me, if you need me.” Of course what he was leaving out of this particular conversation was that the jackal would also warn Anya of danger so she could get out of it as quick as possible.

Syrius Lionwing

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:22 am
Anya chuckled as Burny spoke to their unborn little ones. She wasn't too worried.... well, a little bit, but not too much. The sky was weird but pretty too, and she should probably mention to her mate that the healer mentioned that they might be having a large litter.... Eh, it would make for a nice surprise. Maybe they were just chubby cubs too. She didn't want to mention something that might not happen.

No, the other thing she was actually worried about was the unease in their pride. Worst case, they would hermit themselves and their cubs in their den until it all blew over, she thought to herself.

Which.... having Dmitri around for would help. She raised an eyebrow at his words, seeing through it to what the jackal was actually going to be, but she had to admit that it would be nice to have someone around to help her. A little, cute pup being that helper was just icing on that cake.

So with a chuckle, she decided to play along. Lowering her head down, she extended a paw to Dmitri, "It's nice to meet you. I'd be happy having a little helper around. I'm Anya."

He glanced down at her paw and then emphatically reached out to shake it with his own. His little paw was completely overshadowed by hers, but he didn't seem to mind and didn't seem to notice the amused look on Anya's face.

"You can both count on me!" Dmitri narrowed his eyes determinedly, "I'll be the watcher, ever vigilant, and the aid, always there!" He strutted a bit in place, "Nothing will get past me! The second any problems come up," he jumped up, a blue blur for a split second, and then dropped dramatically down, "I'll be on top of it!"

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:45 am
MangoMeow

Burny lookied at the little dog and chuckled, well, he guessed the guard dog part was out of the bag with how he spoke. “You can think of him as a mini me, when I’m not around.” He smiled a little apologetically, he really wasn’t trying to fool Anya in any way, this, little hound, just made him feel better. Made himself like, if nothing else, he had eyes on his mate at all times.

“I’m thinking I may have to go recruiting some more of these little guys. I’m sure the cubs would all love to have a little dog partner.” He smiled, he really liked the idea, of course, not knowing how many cubs they were having sort of slowed the idea. How much recruiting would he have to do.

“Anya, I think we should move a little further in.” He frowned a little. “The sea, it could get, upset, with the way things are I’m worried.” He smiled at his lovely mate, he really didn’t want to worry her, but his concern was rising with every passing day, with every day they came closer to becoming parents.

Syrius Lionwing

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:48 am
The lioness laughed at the jackal's antics, more than amused, and then looked back over at Burny with a smile, "A mini you, huh? Well, he's certainly got the protectiveness down." It was said good-naturedly, and she shook her head happily, "I don't mind. Having some help would be great." And having help given to her from her mate? It left a warm fuzzy feeling in her stomach. Or maybe that the cubs. No, she was fairly certainly it was a Burny.

"Hmm, it would be nice to get some pups for each of our cubs." The thought was as adorable as it was handy. Just the idea of these little jackal pups trailing behind their cubs almost sent her cooing.

And then her brows furrowed at Burny's next suggestion. Moving further in? But this was their home! It made her sad just thinking about it.

But she couldn't begrudge him his worries. With how things were going, it would be safer to move somewhere more stable. So she gave him an uncertain nod, "I suppose, if you think it's best." She glanced down at her stomach, "I don't want to risk anything happening to our cubs."

Dmitri deflated just a bit at the two lion's worries, finally stopping his bouncing to look up at the sky. Things were taking a turn for... well, he wasn't sure if it was "the worst" yet, but it was strange. He blinked as he wondered if the cubs would grow up only knowing this strange dark sky and uneasy pride.

Well, he would help them through it, he thought with a nod. Even if it meant taking on some more jackal help around here. These cubs would be raised happily, if it was the last thing he did, and besides, he was looking forward to the day that they would get to see a calm sky.

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:26 am
MangoMeow

He smiled sadly, this was their home and the fact that he felt the need to shelter his mate and their cubs hurt him down to his very core. He was and had always been a trusting happy guy, there was barely ever a time when he was sad or worried or afraid, but that time had come and what was worse, he was so unbelievably happy. He was about to be a father, his lady looked so beautiful and happy and yet he felt so sad and terrified at the change the pride was going through.

“We won’t go too far, I was thinking we could go to where we first met. The brook would be a nice place to teach the cubs to swim and we can fish from the river and theres always a plethora of monkeys about, they make for a good meal.” He paused and moved forward wrapping his head around hers. “I just want you to be safe. I’m so excited for our babies, but, but I am worried that they could get hurt. Am I being too cautious?” He pulled his head away his ears vanishing in to his mane. Anya and their family meant everything to him the thought of her or their children getting hurt in any way terrified him.

Syrius Lionwing

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:58 pm
Anya watched her mate for a moment, a small, sad smile on her face. She would never begrudge him his worries - no, if anything, she understood them better than anyone. After all, what an unpleasant time for her cubs to come. But they would make do. If they could both pull through their old prides breaking apart, they could make it through this.

Reaching forward, the Maji rubbed her head under his chin, "No, I don't think so. I think it's natural to worry, to be cautious in this moment. And I trust you, more than anyone, to know what's best for our family." She turned clear blue eyes up at him, gaze loving and soft.

"The brook sounds like a fantastic place for them to grow up too, I think." She visibly perked up as she thought about it more, excited at the idea of raising her cubs there, "Do you want to start moving there now?" It was probably better to set up a den there sooner rather than later anyway.

The jackal stayed quiet as he watched what was clearly turning into a couple's moment, awkwardly turning his gaze away. Still, his ears twitched at the comment of a brook, and moving to it, and he made a mental note to scope out ahead of them to make sure it was safe.

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:11 am
MangoMeow

He smiled at Anya and touched his nose to hers. “Probably a good idea. We should get settled before the babies come.” He gave a very serious nod. He was glad that Anya didn’t think he was being too cautious.

“In fact, why don’t we take our little friend here to have a look and find the best spot to set up. I’m no builder but I’m sure I can manage if we can find a tree with big enough roots to dig in to.” He grinned a silly grin. The idea of a small move let him feel a little relieved and the fact that Anya was on board made it all the better.

Syrius Lionwing

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:24 am
Dmitri visibly perked up at that, coming to attention as he was addressed. Yes, he always preferred action to words! Plus, it looked like the mood was lifting again, and he was all for keeping it that way.

"You can count on me!" said the little canine, before he turned and started charging off, ready to fulfill his promise and secure a new, safe den for the couple.

Of course, in his haste to take off, he hadn't asked where to go.

Anya let out a giggle at the jackal's reaction before leaning forward to nuzzle her mate one last time. "That sounds wonderful. Now, let's catch up to him before he gets himself lost." She was looking forward to seeing the river again. So many good memories!

Syrius Lionwing

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff