Submit

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:34 am
With the sudden cessation of the psionic waves, Psykgi's fury faded leaving her limp but alive. The smell of organic matter filled the air, far too wet and oily and metallic for her taste. She couldn't tell what, exactly she was smelling, her own blood, the blood of others, the ooze of the dead... All she could really tell was that her sense of smell was too sensitive, and every breath made her nauseous.

Though, it was getting more tolerable with every breath. The tingle of electricity on her skin was unpleasant but not unwelcome - and inspiring. She looked at the lights in quiet, battered pride - they'd made it, they'd done it, they'd completed their mission.

They were alive.

She turned to look towards Leeroi - to make sure he was still standing - and saw that he was... and also... "Holy s**t." she exclaimed, smile frozen before it could really return. They were alive, but not intact. Gog knew what those things had done to their thinkpans, and Hemera...

For a moment, she stared - too stunned by the injuries and the display of affection and oh gog the whole situation honestly to really think. And then, as before, her over-stressed, over psyched, aching mind started chugging away. She dug through what remained of her medical kit - they'd used most of the useful bits on the way - the bandages, the pills, the energy tablets... But there were a few things left. And... and there was her axe, if they needed to... chop off bits... more cleanly...

Gog this was bad.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:03 pm
She struggled, and she struggled, and she struggled, but when she tried to kick her legs, she couldn't feel her knee bend, or her foot making contact with anything. Her foot at all. She had felt pressure, some pain, then a numbness she couldn't explain. Mera heard Eostre come up to her, felt a final pressure as Eostre assaulted the mass, then the grip loosened. Her mind eased up, but that let her nerves catch up with just how wrong her legs felt. She held tight to Eos, and Eos pulled her out, and dislodged, she could feel some pretty major pain all up her legs, starting from a little above the knee.

She tried to curl her toes. She couldn't.

Mera whimpered in fear and pain. She could hear Eos's assessment through her panicking thoughts, but Eos had tossed her over a shoulder before the tealblood could look down. Her fingers curled around the fabric of the lieutenant's shirt. Mera tried to push herself up enough to look behind her, but her arms were too tired. But she couldn't stop scrambling even though it didn't get her anywhere. She had to see. She had to know. "Eostre- please-"

Next she slid into Leeroi's arms. Now she could get the full sensation. How one of his hands supported her back, the other her legs but they weren't curling like they should. Where are my legs what happened to them they were just here I don't

Lips pushed into hers, shocking her out of her panic. Hemera's gaze flicked up. Even though she had to squint to see (when had she lost her glasses...?) she knew who it was. Of course. She clutched his shirt, barely processing Leeroi's words. Mera closed the gap between them with her own kiss. She wanted this, in the haze; to be somewhat grounded. Her legs throbbed, her entire body felt sore, and she kept edging towards panic. But she wasn't alone. She couldn't give up. Not with him there. "I needed that," she mumbled, holding on to the misty remains of the emotional high of a fledgling relationship.

Still, she had to fall back and rest on him again, vulnerable, wincing at her current state. Ice? Ice. Yes. "I-I don't know- I don't know, but I can try..." Little hydration, leading to little sweat. The resources...she wasn't sure that she had enough of them. Cluching hardr, Mera mustered up the energy to grow cold, colder. Frigid. She focused it on her legs, creating ice over a new space she felt a little above the knee. An end. A lack.

"Oh, god." Feeling that, that nothingness where she shouldn't (god she wanted to barf), halted the process, but she had to keep going with it.

Thick ice covered the stumps where her legs ended, ice which thinned out up her thighs, leaving her upper body frigid and a little stiff to the touch, but not frozen.

Bile rose in her throat. Her head felt light. "I can't...I can't hold it for very long." She had to lean her head back and close her eyes. The room was spinning too much. "I might pass out. If I do..." She had to stop, breathe, let the nausea pass. "If I do, it'll start melting. It'll shatter easily. Just...just get me out of here. Please."

She swallowed, throat dry. Mera forced her eyes open to look over at Leeroi. "If you're not there when I wake up..."

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:36 pm
Leeroi wasn't expecting that second kiss— but he certainly appreciated it more than his first two kisses with Hemera. He refused to make any sort of sly comment about it, just enjoying it for what it was. Hemera deserved it.

He was also incredibly thankful that she was capable of using her powers. That would really help everyone in the long run. "Good. That's ******** great, Mera," Leeroi encouraged her, giving her another light squeeze. The fingers on her legs twitched, trying to avoid getting iced over themselves. Leeroi grimaced from the cold for a short second, but quickly masked it with a tough guy smile.

"Just focus on me right now, alright?" Leeroi interrupted her explanation. He didn't need all of this exposition about her powers. There wasn't a part of him that wanted to accept Hemera passing out as a possibility. He knew it was, but he didn't want to think about it. "We're gonna get you out of here. As fast as my legs can carry you, go it?" He turned his attention to Eostre, anxiously waiting for her to point them in the direction where they'd be picked up.

"If you're not there when I wake up..."

His attention snapped back to Hemera, looking at her wide-eyed for a short second before bursting out laughing. It fell to a quiet hum, and he smiled gently at the tealblood. "Hemera. Of course. Who the ******** do you think I am?" He said, the corners of his mouth twisting up into a smirk.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:38 pm
Eyes closed again, she let out a small chuckle. "You're...something else, Furore." Only seeing a calming black in front of her eyes, it was oh-so-easy to let go. Sink into it. Let her mind fall sluggish, just...rest. Energy spent, Hemera started to fall asleep in Leeroi's arms. She would need sopor slime patches if she didn't want to regret it later. But, for now, she'd have to risk it. Not much choice, between the emotional and physical exhaustion.

She breathed softly, nestled in, surrendering to her limits.

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:48 pm
Eostre let out a carefully held breath at the control panel, where she was leaning heavily into the console. She had managed to get this done, they were completely successful in reconnaissance for the flagship, and they were all alive -- except... except... her sergeant. Her star, the troll she was going to take under her wing and train. All of her plans, which may be potentially derailed by this. She had failed Hemera, allowing her to get hurt so badly. She'd recover, certainly. But would she feel the same way afterward? Could she still have any leverage over the tealblood?

She'd just have to see. Eostre returned to the corpse mass, hesitant now despite being rather certain it was dead for good, and picked up Hemera's boomerang. She rested her gloved finger on the edge of the blade, covered in some sort of nasty fluid. She wiped it dutifully and made her way to Leeroi's side. She hated to interrupt their moment after all Hemera whined and worried about the two of them in her office, but she certainly didn't care about further fostering Hemera's romantic prospects. Not now. She had orders to give.

"The return pod is on its way now, Furore. We'll head out, and the second we're back on base, you'll be taking Hemera to the med bay, and keeping an eye on her for me." Her voice was firm, decisive. She already knew he'd stay with her, and while they all needed to go for their various injuries, Hemera's were grevious enough to considered priority. Even if she had to use her rank to push that through.

Eostre removed one of her gloves and put her hand on Hemera's forehead, gentle. Her skin was cold and she wasn't clammy. She wasn't sure how normal that was, even with the ice powers. However, she could hear the sergeant breathing and she had been speaking and writhing earlier. Somewhat there still. A good sign as far as she was considered, and the ice would stop the bleeding until they got back. "Moachm, when you're feeling better, I'll come speak to you. For now, please rest," she said quietly to the tealblood's sleeping form.

The HQ voices started back up in her spongeclots and she nodded definitively, glad to hear their ride was here. She looked at Psygki and Leeroi. "Furore, Mentha. Good work. You two are fine soldiers, and I couldn't have done this without you. But for now, we're getting the hell out of here, okay? Follow me."

Offplanet RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff