Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[DRP] Taking Up a Collection (Temperance/Others) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:49 pm
afterword

"What do you mean - as he was?" Pre-conceived could have meant that the scrying was too emotionally tinged, or to expectant of a certain thing to be seen.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:52 pm
a talk

"Dunno what you're talking about," she said, one brow arcing up tiredly. Temperance reached out to look at the note. It was simple and jsut as she expected it to be.

"Yes, that's the note - we're trying to gather conclusive evidence that the Burning Man was aware of the presence of Ezra still within him. Did you talk to Sonny about any scrying you've done? And did you speak to him about helping him beyond this note?"

lizbot

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:54 pm
lie to me

"I understand." And she sort of did. Temperance couldn't say she approved of Rabbit's decision to obey without question. But she also knew it, much like with Chief Mercer, had been ingrained in him during the tithing. For people like them, there has been no other choice.

Okay, maybe she was still a bit disappointed. "Thanks, Rabbit."

smerdle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:56 pm

look behind both eyes

"A trick, then. Do you have any idea of what he'd planned to do?" While Temperance doubted, she still needed to ask. Ask and then scoot along to the next hapless soul.

daekie

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:18 pm
afterword

"Yeah, everything else was not usable but they seemed to think this might be?" Another cup of tea was poured for Temperance, then one for himself. There were biscuits as well - the kind that went with tea - but this was Nasir and it was kind of expected.

"After the other stuff - the things I saw - I looked one last time. I wanted to know what he was. I had nothing in my head other than that." His fingers tapped the rim of the cup, warm brown eyes focusing on her. "You remember the ball, don't you? The red moon. I saw him there, like he had been at his table, but it wasn't the Burning Man as we know him. It was an older man, what I guess Ezra would look like older? Completely unburnt, nothing of that sort of all, and his eyes were yellow."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:28 pm
"The fetch that took your place, Temp." America frowned. "There's only a small group of folks that coulda been the third. Even if the fetch was trying to keep it secret with a geas, forcing people to unnaturally talk around it just made finding out inevitable. The thing didn't do you any favors. Didn't do anybody any favors, far as I can tell."

The girl's eyebrows raised at the mention of scrying. "I didn't scry, I used Mr. B's eyes to follow him for stretches of a weekend." She'd used his eyes a lot that week in general. "I haven't told Sonny 'bout what I saw, and I haven't spoken to Ezra, either."

The Semblance of Unity

lizbot

No Faun

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:47 am
Side note

A little later, Shun returned.

"Sonny told me to go back to you with some of my scry findings. It might not be admissible, but I suppose this is a 'just in case'," he stated dryly.

the semblance of unity

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:40 pm
afterword

"I don't think I could forget the ball - he was burning there, though. At least at the one we attended." Temperance frowned. "I wonder if you saw some iteration of him without the burning attached. He wasn't... always burning, from what I understand. Some sort of a deal."

She sighed, ran her fingers through her hair. "I need to talk to him. Did you see anything else - even minute?"

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:44 pm
a talk

"Look, I don't know what lies Hart fed to Sonny, but I'll have to deal with it later. And I don't know anything about a geas beyond the noble one - which got transmuted into some kind of truth one. It should be useful during court, I guess." She chewed her lips, thinking about the different between warging and scrying.

"I'm not sure if warging counts as a type of scrying or not. What did you see when you had Mr. B follow him?" Instinctively, she looked around for the birdie.

lizbot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:46 pm
side note

She blinked and looked up, a little surprised. "Detective Kuroda," Temperance said, almost warily. "You saw something while scrying?" Out came her notebook.

blade kuroda

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:52 pm
Side note

Shun nodded curtly, "I did. But again, it may not quite be enough to be admissible but perhaps you can use it."

Once she had her notebook set, he stated, "I had basically asked two questions; what would happen if the Burning Man succeeded and what would happen should he fail. I was trying to weigh our options, in case him failing somehow would end up being the worse outcome."

He folded his arms.

"Upon success, he appeared to be happy with Melany while I was off in some strange space alone. Upon failure, there were no notable changes to the current state of things."

the semblance of unity

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:58 pm
side note

"What was the strange place you were in like? Did the Melany pictured have one arm or two? And did the Burning Man has any sorts of scars?" She wrote as she spoke, wondering if anyone else had seen similar visions.

blade kuroda

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:11 pm
side note
Shun closed his good eye to recall what he saw more carefully.

"No, she had both arms. Also now that I think about it, I did not actually see Ezra or the Burning Man. Instead, there was Shiloh, oddly enough. I was alone under a starry sky; the constellations were unfamiliar."

the semblance of unity

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:12 am
a talk

America let the subject drop with a dissatisfied look. Later, at home, she'd ask Taym what that thing was, the floaty sword thing. 'Sword of Damocles,' he'd answer with both ease and discomfort. That sort of thing was never just a question, but rather a new, vague worry to join the rest.

"It's like seeing you with my own eyes, right now," America explained. "Maybe better, cause he sees more. Like the Burning Fellow's fire. Sometimes it'd be around him, usually when he wasn't occupied. Other times it was gone, when he was playing guitar and such. Once, when the fire wasn't 'round him, he was trying to cut the burn marks off his arm."

She hadn't missed the glance around, and in the end added with a quirk of her lips, "He's outside, keepin' tabs. He can corroborate all this, though. Sonny can understand him."

The Semblance of Unity

lizbot

No Faun

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:43 am
a talk

She'd thought America was never going to ******** drop it. Temperance would probably end up using the geas on her, too, but not now.

"Hm, that's handy. Er, not the burn marks bit. I wonder if that counts as resistance." She squinted; her head was pounding. So much of the 'evidence' was inadmissible under court strictures and Temperance knew she was going to fail. "Would you, if called up, be willing to recount what you've seen to the court at large? There would probably be a truth spell thing involved."

lizbot

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces