Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[DRP] Taking Up a Collection (Temperance/Others) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:16 am
he's a cheapskate

"That makes sense." Another one where the charges would be dropped, she thought. "Well, I think that's it. Thanks for letting me know."

veiled

"It's not about what I want to hear. It's about what the judge will deem as something we can hold against the Burning Man. And sadly, base intimidation and the past influencing your decision won't count. I wish they did." She sighed, a little.

"Did he give any indication beyond everyone dying if you didn't give your consent of what he was up to?"

iloveyoudie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:17 am
look behind both eyes

"Unfortunately, if there wasn't a physical threat, then..." She sighed. "One last question - did he promise that giving your fingerprint would give your magic back or only say you had to do it first?"

daekie

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:19 am
lie to me

"Did he mention anything of what he planned to do with the fingerprints?"

smerdle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:04 am
veiled

"He threw some names out," Alg rubbed a brow. As much as he usually wrote everything down to maintain it crisp, not being allowed to had burned the interaction into his mind. "He simply stated that everyone would die. Renard and Liam, Ascension, Pax and Pride and Noeh-" Alg shook his head, "Even the fetches. He said the charter would collapse in upon itself and drag everyone differentiated along with it."

Alg's jaw twinged, clearly tonguing the backs of his teeth in slight frustration a moment, "'Leaving only me' were his exact words. Which implies he's beyond the binding of such things but I don't know what that truly means.."

It also worried him on another level. If he was beyond the rules of the charter, what was to say he wasn't beyond the rules of this new one and the court as well?

The Semblance of Unity

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:28 am

We'll pay the toll charge

He'd always wanted to do that? "What a d**k," she said feelingly. "I mean, uhhhh. I don't know that it'd be an upholding of the charge against him since your magic lashed out first. So-" Temperance took a breath. "Two things: would you be willing to testify against him if we need you? And did he tell you anything about the purpose of his charter?"

"Has there been any issues with you re-integrating? I heard that you were counted as missing for years and years." She looked him over almost critically. "Just, be easy on yourself. That was... some injury."

shibrogane

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:29 am
afterword

"Hey, Nasir - what's up?" So Nasir had gone to Sonny's scrying evidence workshop. Workshop was not the right word, but Temperance had no idea what else to call it. "Did you see something admissible?"

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:36 am
You Know We're Trying

"I...k-know about it.. having." Her voice stuttered, not even wanting to let that much out. She took a deep breath and stopped trying to even mention the schema. Temperance imagined it was being a little nicer to her because, well, this was the guy who had the schema. "Can't talk about things - Shiloh did that. But yes, I understand. Weird that the Burning Man managed to know about it. Do you know who else knows?"

This was something she couldn't take notes about. "Which charter - his new one or the older one that's now dissembled? I don't think this counts as him having forced your consent, unfortunately."

saedusk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:41 am
veiled

"Hmmm.. the warg, Horace, said something about the Burning Man implying he was different from those of us who'd, uh, transferred over. Could be related. Thank you." She scribbled down the word - her memory wasn't anywhere near photographic.

"I get the feeling that the Burning Man is from somewhere beyond both our worlds. And he latched on to the Ezra from ours. Or something. Anyway, I appreciate you taking the time to talk to me."

iloveyoudie

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:19 pm
You Know We're Trying

"It's okay," he said, understanding pretty quickly what she meant in mentioning Shiloh. "I didn't think that many people knew I had it. Renard, so prolly Liam. Jeremiah, so prolly Algernon." Jamie paused and squinted in thought. "Preacher. Um... I'm not sure if I'm forgetting anyone. If you mean people who know it exists in general... I dunno, that could be anyone."

Then he sighed, having expected her answer. "'Course not." They were both too tired for him to get upset, though. Besides, it wasn't her fault.

"I'm pretty sure he meant the old charter."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:31 pm
veiled

Alg listened and nodded, "I just hope that he is not so beyond all of it, and us, that this trial isn't in vain."

Algie nodded and gave a small smile, "It's not trouble and if you need anything else, let me know. I'd like to see him punished for all he's done. Good luck."

He meant it.

The Semblance of Unity

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:29 pm
afterword

"No- Well, I mean ... Sonny said most of what I saw was, ah, preconceived? It isn't admissible. They told me to tell you what I saw last, that it might be useful to you." Nasir fidgeted with a teacup. "I saw the Burning Man as he was, I guess."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:20 pm
a talk

"For giving power over her to a total stranger who treated them badly enough to want you dead." America gave Temperance a wry look. "There's a fence that needs mending, for both your sakes." There was the rest, of course, about endangering the sigil and everyone tied to it. But the world was still there and so were they and maybe the trees would stop rotting now.

Reaching over to her bag, America stood up as she dug through it, eventually pulling out a tin case with a piece of crystal and a scrap of crumpled paper. She handed it over, but there wasn't much to the thing, just a scrawled, help me.

"This one?"

The Semblance of Unity

lizbot

No Faun

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:26 pm
lie to me

"He told me that I was revoking past-me's permission for the old charter. I... expressed worry that doing it before we made the new one would mess something up, but he said it wouldn't. He said we needed Melany to break it entirely and that the fingerprints would just soften things up and make things easier later." Rabbit paused and swallowed. "Like I said, fishy, but I did it anyway. I wouldn't say I trust Lord Ezra, but I do what he says."

The Semblance of Unitah

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:26 am
look behind both eyes

"Said I had t'do it first." They smiled, a little grim. "I asked again after. He said to get down on my ********' knees in front of the Spinel Lady and beg for her forgiveness."

The Semblance of Unity

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:47 pm
You Know We're Trying

"Alright. Thanks, though. Would you be willing to testify in court if we'd need you to? You can-" she paused. "You can say no, of course. I know Shiloh is the defense and, well..."

saedusk

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces