Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[DRP] Taking Up a Collection (Temperance/Others) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:58 pm
[[This DRP thread is for people to meet with Temperance and give her the lowdown of wtf happened with the Burning Man during fingerprint times. I have quoted all y'all here, but I will not create a drabble post for you unless you give me the ok! Hit me up on discord or pm or something or start your own post to let me know c: ]]

iloveyoudie
wil & alg

amitotic
lily

lizbot
america

smerdle
rabbito

1. Leila
2. Lily
3. America
4. Horace
5. Oliver

6. Wilbur
7. Alexis
8. Temperance
]9. Jamie

10. Rabbit
11. Preacher
12. Jeremiah

13. Algie
14. Shun  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:05 pm
look behind both eyes

Temperance smiled at Nasir. He was always ridiculously helped and, and he'd fixed her up a cup of tea, insisting she take it. With a word of thanks, she stepped towards the living room, where Nasir had indicated Alexis was holed up. Now, Alexis she didn't particularly like, but she was here on business.

"Alexis? I need to ask you some court things. It's about the Burning Man - I saw you at the preliminary hearing...thing."

daekie

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:08 pm
Wool

"Unfortunately my statement will likely not help in prosecution. The Burning Man wished for my power and consent so that the old charter could be destroyed and remade. When asked what would happen if I did not, he stated that everything would fail," Shun explained, "I sensed that there was more to it than what he was saying, but he swore that no harm would come to me. I should not have listened to him."

the semblance of unity

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:30 pm
When it Isn't Right

She'd emailed Oliver on the listserv (which was useful in the extreme, even if Hart had abused it a bit), and he'd agreed to meet her up near Rider-Waite. They sat now at a tiny, pretty empty cafe. It was kind of awkward, in part because he looked like Shiloh.

"So... you know I'm prosecution for the Burning Man. And I need to know what went down between you two."

melancholies

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:34 pm
You Know We're Trying

This was possibly even more awkward than meeting Oliver. Maybe. Temperance sighed softly and refused to fiddle with the hem of her skirt.

"Since I'm prosecuting, I need to know exactly what happened between you and the Burning Man. If I can hold up enough charges, we can make him a non-issue."

saedusk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:39 pm
we'll pay the toll charge

"Hey, Jason," she said, sounding very tired. (She was.) "I wish I could say this was a courtesy call, but I've gotta talk about the Burning Man. Did you know I'm, uh, the prosecution?"

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:41 pm
wool

"So, in your own words - would you say you were not forced nor coerced into giving your fingerprint and consent?"

blade kuroda

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:44 pm
look behind both eyes

Alexis didn't snort at her, but they strongly contemplated it; it would have thrown off their balance, though, and that was something they wanted to avoid. "Clark," they ended up compromising on, voice even as they slowly uncoiled from the stretch - clicking their fingers, letting their back return to straight segment by segment as they stood. "Sure. Ask me. Don't think I'll be helpful, though."

The Semblance of Unity

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:44 pm
Wool

Shun sighed, "Correct. Unfortunately, it seems possible deception is not going to be accepted by the court either."

It did not make him happy. This made him wonder if this system was doomed from the start. That was not something he wanted.

the semblance of unity

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:50 pm
We'll pay the toll charge

"No," said Pride. "I haven't been back since I left." He was healing up nicely. His hair was long, dark, and braided back still, though that looked to be changing soon if the fashion magazine in his lap was anything to go by. "Why?"

The Semblance of unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:14 am
hes a cheapskate

Considering Wil and Nasir shared a house, and Alexis lived with them, it wasn't difficult to find Wil. He was off in his painting studio (an empty room) and smudged with paint as he worked on a very regal looking portrait of Bud even though the ferret was not present at the moment.

"I never even met the guy before he came for my print. I didn't even know I was on the charter-" Wil smiled lazily and shrugged, "Couldn't even give me a twenty. Lame."

the semblance of unity

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:19 am
lie to me

He had debated showing his face at all, certain that he would be no help in this, but in the end he found himself knocking on Temperance's office door anyway, there to offer support at the very least. He also kind of wanted to see what she'd done with the place. Decorating a living space was very different than a place of business, and Rabbit's own office was still rather stark.

"You did really well in court. It was like a movie... only not, since this is, y'know, real."

The Semblance of Unity

Smerdle

Scamp

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:31 am
veiled

Algie had both posted hours at the college and his time in the bookstore, besides that he wasn't totally out of the loop to not know he may be questioned at some point. He was ever available.

"I called him out as to why whatever he was doing was secret, why with that many fingerprints on the page, I hadn't heard a whisper of it from anyone.." Including his husband, which he'd pointed out had to have been magically ensured.

"He just said everyone was keeping secrets, so why shouldn't he.. Lots of digs at the listserv and people posting their plans there," The professor frowned deeply, and his dislike of Ezra was clear. He had, of course, good reason.

"I agreed, as I've seen him hurt people too often to think I could fight him.." The Professor exhaled audibly, his own husband's continual damage at the hands of Ezra not necessarily connected to this line of questioning.

"Which was followed by his announcement that if I didn't everyone would die. Not how or why. Just that they would and only he would be left."

the semblance of unity

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:54 am
You Know We're Trying

"This is all so unfair," Jamie muttered to himself, though it was loud enough that Temperance might hear. He didn't know about her, but he hated that Shiloh had essentially been forced into his role defending the Burning Man. What did any of them know about being lawyers, anyway?

"He asked me for a face-to-face so we could talk about an upcoming meeting," he started, fiddling with his hands. It twinged a bit, burned faintly, felt weird finally talking about it. "Turns out it was actually about revoking my consent to the charter. He... he reminded me about what the Spinel Lady had done to Shiloh. 'This is your chance to make it right.' he said." Jamie would never forget those words. "Like it was my fault my boyfriend was- No, nevermind." He didn't want to talk about the Spinel Lady, especially not with Temperance.

"So, I asked him how I was supposed to know I wasn't doing something bad again. He told me he was trying free Melany and that he was older and more experienced—like that was supposed to answer my question—and said I could either do it myself or he'd make me do it. I did it.

"Oh, um..." Jamie didn't want to bring this up, but he supposed it wouldn't be right to leave something out. "He also told me how I could get some information for something else. I guess he thought he'd make it a trade."

The Semblance of Unity

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:01 am
You Know We're Trying

"Did he... physically threaten you or anything? Or just convincing plus information trade?" She chewed her lip. There were already dark circles under her eyes.

"What sort of information did he offer in return?"

saedusk

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas