Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:59 am
Sonny lived at home because they had to, and thusly it was to their fathers' home that those wanting to testify against the Burning Man using the things they saw in water and mirrors were directed. They were shown to the finely-appointed dining room, scattered over with papers, a slim laptop open in front of them.

"So tell me how you felt before attempting to scry," said Sonny, "And remember, I can tell if you lie."  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:58 pm
Shun closed his good eye as he tried to recall how he felt exactly.

"I wanted answers. I was not happy with the way things were going down and wished to know if the Burning Man's plan would screw us over in any way. And if so, how badly. I wanted to know what it was he wanted from all of this."  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:08 pm
"So you went into it looking for negative answers," said Sonny, their tone carefully neutral.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:11 pm
"I went in looking for any answer. I asked what would happen should he succeed and should he fail so that I might be able to weigh what the better outcome could be. For all I knew, everything could have still gone completely to s**t if he failed," Shun clarified.

shibrogane

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:23 pm
"Hey, Sonny," said Horace. "Um, before I tried to scry, I was thinking... I was remembering how the Burning Man grinned after taking my fingerprint, and I wanted to see what he'd done right after that." His first scrying, that of Ezra speaking to Ezra, was the only possible useful one, he thought. Every other one had been focused on finding components, on finding Melany.

"I just wanted more information." He remembered carefully blanking out anything but the silver serving dish.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:29 pm
"Sermoooonnnn," Preacher called out. "I know ya ********' busy n' s**t n' I ain't never scryed in m'damn life, but I brought ya stuff." She obviously held no goddamn love for the Burning shitstain, but she wasn't here to talk about that. Preacher dropped a plastic bag next to Sonny's laptop.

She poked it, once. "Couldn't 'member if ya liked soda or not, but I found some ********' fancy ones that looked cool." Inside the bag was a large bag of crunchy Cheetos (and a pair of chopsticks, because computers plus fingers plus Cheetos was a bad combination) and a six pack of random bottles of soda. Some kind of sparkling ginger lemonade, one called Not Your Dad's Rootbeer - random things she'd seen at the store.

"Don' work too hard, 'kay."

shibroganne
she's just stopping by wham bam

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:12 am
Shun

"You wished to know if the plan would screw you over," said Sonny. "Were you angry with him? Did you resent him?"

Blade Kuroda

Horace

"But how did you feel," asked Sonny. "Were you angry? Resentful? Afraid?"

Preacher

They accepted the gifts with a grateful smile. "You're the best," they said. "Hey, um, when we catch a break, we should go do that... thing. With the grave."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:26 am
Horace

"I don't remember feeling anything at all." Horace shrugged, looking embarrassed. "By that point, I was trying to compartmentalize."

Preacher

"Ya, I know. It'll be date." She grinned. "I'll drop by later with some deets."

shibrogane
jer is doing some kinda rp with liam about lifting the ban thing, so was waiting on that

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:54 am
"I was angry at him in general that day, yes. But I tried to clear my mind of such thoughts related to that prior to the scry attempt. My focus was solely on getting some answers to try and figure out what to do about the Burning Man."

shibrogane

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:24 pm
"I was mad," Nasir admitted, "earlier when I went to help find him. It wasn't ..." He fidgets a little and gives Sonny a small smile. "I wasn't careful and a bit of someone else's anger triggered mine." It's the truth of the matter but he's not really here to talk about scrying so much as to visit Sonny.

That he was one of the scryers is just secondary.

"When I got back, because he just came with us, I was pretty calm. I wanted to try it. I saw some messed up stuff and the consent he took, that metal covered Charter of his, but then ... I saw Ezra Fitzpatrick dead," not the Burning Man, he was differentiating that way, "and it really bothered me. Then Alexis just grabbed a hold of me to scry with me and all I could think of was that dead body even if I was trying to ask what would happen if it works, what he was doing."

A breath exhaled.

"So I saw him dead, then me choking him, then my body floating alone and burned with this strange sky and stars all around." Later, Nasir knew that it was because he had attacked him. That in the vision he was dead because he had attacked the Burning Man. "It was a warped vision but there was one last one I had after that stuck with me. I had to know what he was- who he was-" A finger dragged along the page in the book he had in his lap. "I saw a man, an older version of him, at the red moon ball from the old world. He wasn't on fire, he was older and unburnt and his eyes were yellow. It was ... so strange."

Nasir smiled a bit more at Sonny and shook his head. "It's whatever, I don't think any of that is good for testimony." The book in his lap was closed. "Anyway, mostly I was bringing you some fresh ingredients I got from the market that I thought you'd like to cook with."

It was nice, for Nasir, to be able to share cooking with someone else.

shibrogane
nasir just sharing but also mostly bringing sonny stuff to cook with and give hugs |:

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:34 pm
Shun

"Did you ever think that his intentions might have been good? If you had scryed a positive future, would you have believed it?"

Blade Kuroda

Horace

"What did you imagine you would find?"

The Semblance of Unity

Nasir

"I don't think I'll be able to admit your scrying," admitted Sonny, "since at least two of them were what my father would call preconceived. But that last vision sounds really interesting... You might tell Temperance about it. She might be able to use that."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:55 am
Shun took a moment to think that over.

"Perhaps not good, but I did consider the possibility that things may come out less bad should he succeed. It was the reason why I scryed for an idea of what would happen in either scenario. I was aware that it could have been a 'necessary evil' or so to speak," he shrugged, "But the outcome shown to me for his failure was just that the world was seemingly unchanged. Nothing dire nor drastic."

shibrogane

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:31 pm
"Yeah, that's ... kind of what I thought." Another smile, though he nodded about telling Temperance what he saw. "The only other stuff I saw was Melany? With the consent, since he sent it to her."

He shook his head, pushed it from his thoughts. One day he would be better at scrying and learn to let it come to him. "I'll see about finding Temperance."

shibrogane

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:12 pm
Shun

Sonny sighed. "I guess you can go to Temperance with this. It might not be inadmissable..."

Blade Kuroda

Nasir

"Thanks for coming by, Nasir," they said.

azuredreams

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:51 am
"I was terrified," confessed Leila. "It was a dangerous situation, and this other innocent Ezra was caught in the middle of it."

Part of her was hoping there wouldn't be too many questions, but either way she'd have to get through it. At least she had experience presenting evidence in human courtrooms to fall back on a little. "My first inquiry gave me a ritual or spell the Burning Man was using the prints to do, involving a molten metal I couldn't identify and a lot of his own blood," she said. "And then I was trying to learn the outcome he was working towards. Those were a little harder to describe."

---

Eve, on the other hand, crossed her arms and plainly said, "Angry. Not just at him, myself too. We have something of a history." Might as well be up-front about it.

"I got a glimpse of him playing the guitar. The burn scars he had were less prominent, and a lot of them looked more like surgical scars instead," she continued. "It was similar to a scrying spell I'd done with Leila the week before."

shibrogane

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces