Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tangled Puppet

Sarcastic Demigod

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:48 am
The Only Black Uke

Jalase stood out on the street, staring at the entrance to the pub Len and him had agreed to meet at. His fingers ran nervously through his loose hair as he let out a small huff of a sigh. It had been ages since the guardsman had felt this nervous about something. At first he hadn’t been able to pinpoint exactly why his heart seemed to skip beats as he was getting ready. And then it had finally hit him when one of his guard buddies asked him where he was heading. He couldn’t exactly tell him the whole truth, but in his mind he thought about Len specifically and the same flutter in his chest happened. Before the flush to his cheeks could become apparent he explained and then excused himself, ducking out of the barracks rather quickly and heading off to his destination.

He took a deep breath and pushed the door open and stepped into the pub. The noise, that had been deafened because of the wall between him and the crowd, was suddenly much louder. It was nothing Jal wasn’t used to — he’d been in enough busy pubs to be used to the noise — and yet something about that night seemed to make things louder than usual. Perhaps it was just his nerves. Either way he scanned over the crowd, searching for his companion and smiling when his eyes fell onto her. He weaved through the tables, not bothering to wave at her as she seemed to be involved in a card game at the moment and the gesture would probably not be seen anyway.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:01 pm
Tangled Puppet

Len was paying attention. Mostly. As her eyes skimmed each downward-turned hand of cards she mentally tallied what of them she knew, where the score cards were, the count of each play thus far-

Then, in a scouting glance back around the periphery or what of it she could see, the corner of her lip edged up. There he was. She rolled her shoulders back, an interested and particular glow to her eyes as she turned them back to the table, and watched as each of her opponents unveiled their hands in turn. She drew her card, eyed her hand, exchanged, and:

“The High Priestess and her council,” she announced, laying her cards. “Dafiel’s trump. I’ll take it all, Durok.” The half-outraged squawk she got in answer was satisfaction enough, and she spared a more open glance over her shoulder, ushering Jalase nearer. “Come on c’mon then! Jala, you’re just in time t’ meet one of my closest friends here…”

Durock did not look predisposed to being the ‘closest friend’ of anyone at that moment, but to that, Len paid no mind.  

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

Tangled Puppet

Sarcastic Demigod

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:19 pm
Jalase’s eyebrow quirked up as a small smirk crossed his face. He watched as Len made her move and claimed her winnings. When she ushered him over, Jal stepped closer, crossing his arms as he nodded in the other man’s direction. “Evening,” he said before going quiet again. The man didn’t look like he was in the mood to talk much. Jalase didn’t blame him much. He didn’t much like losing at cards either. At that thought he glanced at the hands laying on the table and tilted his head slightly. “What’re you playing?”  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:20 pm
Tangled Puppet

“Just a little game,” Len quipped, flashing a grin up at him. She made quick work of explaining the basics of the rules, and that they were betting. “I think I’ve enough for the moment, though,” she finished. “Unless you’d like to step in a play yourself…I thought I might introduce you t’ one o’ my other friends, though, when you’re ready.”

She notched her head over to where a small cluster of musicians was set up with their instruments, none currently playing, but several tuning or plucking out small portions of tunes.

“Ryvan over there knows a good several bouncin’ tunes. Do you fancy dancing?” Even as she asked it, she pulled at his sleeve, towards the stage table to make an introduction.  

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

Tangled Puppet

Sarcastic Demigod

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:54 pm
Jalase opened his mouth to answer Len’s question, about playing a game himself, but didn’t have time to utter even one word before she continued on and started tugging on his sleeve to move him away from the table. He just chuckled to himself, smiling down at her and following her lead. He glanced toward the direction they were headed when dancing was mentioned and swallowed, slightly nervous at the prospect of dancing. It’s not that he didn’t like to do so — he did. Jal was just clumsy at times and he didn’t want to make a fool of himself in front of Lenila. He took a deep breath, trying his best to calm his nerves as he followed her through the crowd towards the musicians.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:50 pm
“Ryvan!” Len, being the size she was, made an easy squeeze through even a bustling crowd, but with her tow, it was a little more of a process. Still, her voice won her the gaze she was hoping for, and a young man on the stage already armed with a string instrument flashed a warm grin of greeting.

“Len! Long time you ‘aven’t been abouts. Come to cheer me on?”

“Oi, no,” Len said as they pulled up to the stage side. “Well, mayhaps just a bit. Mostly though, I was hopin’ you could play somethin’ fun. I brought a friend along, aye?” She butted her shoulder to Jalase’s as she said it, and Ryvan raised his eyebrows, his smile turning curious.

“A friend is he? A friend or a-”

“Any friend o’ mine’s one you should play your best for I think anyhow,” Len cut in chipperly, and Ryvan snorted out a laugh.

“I can’t argue with that. Well, Friend of Len-”

“Jalase’s his name-”

“Jalase,” Ryvan said with an amused wink in his eye. “What do you fancy dancing to? I insist on playing for your first dance.”

“Oi.” Len squinted. “Whoever said we ain’t-”

“Shhh-shh,” Ryvan tutted. “This is a question for your ‘friend.’”  

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

Tangled Puppet

Sarcastic Demigod

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:06 pm
Jalase laughed, a full and harty sound from his throat, at Len and Ryvan’s small amount of banter. When the musician turned his attention to Jal, however, he blinked and tilted his head. The song played would be his choice? He liked music, no doubt about that, but he had no clue what this band could and would play. Jal thought for a moment, glancing to Len. As much as he’d actually like to tug her close first thing, he wasn’t sure how she would react to that. Better to start off light and fun.

“I don’t have a song preference,” he said, stepping closer to Ryvan. “Your favorite, upbeat song will do.” Jal glanced back to Len for a moment before turning back to the artist and lowered his voice. “Maybe after a song or two something slower?”  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:26 pm
Len watched cautiously as Jalase and Ryvan exchanged words, but relaxed as it became clear Jalase wasn’t immediately intent on anything too pushy. She’d hoped for something lighthearted herself, as it had been some time since she’d gotten to dance—if what she did wasn’t ‘dancing’ in the eyes of some, well that was their opinion. But she’d learned plenty of lively ways to be a part of the music from the locals at joints such as this one.

At Jalase’s latter, quieter question though, she gave a soft huff and shrugged with a bit of a grin. “I s’pose if you get tired by all the fast ones and need t’ lean on me I wouldn’t mind so much.”

With that, she gave a tug, pulling him towards the open space set for anyone brave enough to venture out—and behind them, Ryvan livened his instrument, and dipped right into a lilting tune. To Len, music always felt almost like an invisible string, pulling at something with its notes, whether it be emotions, or the body, or all at once. Ones like this breathed life into a room.

She grinned, and danced, a stamping, whooping beat to an equally lively tune.  

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

Tangled Puppet

Sarcastic Demigod

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:57 am
Despite wanting to dance with Len, Jalase still hesitated when the music started up. He was known for being clumsy — though he mostly had that under control now — and didn’t want to make a fool of himself in front of her. His eyes wandered, only for a moment, as more and more people joined them on the dance floor. Jal watched, taking in the dance moves of the others, before his gaze flicked back to Len. He smiled as he watched her moved. It didn’t take long before the beat of the music invaded his body and he soon found himself mimicking the way those around him were moving. There was a bit of awkwardness at first, as he body got used to the movement, but before long he wasn’t paying much attention to that and was just enjoying himself.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:05 pm
Len enjoyed dancing.

It was something anyone could do, at any time, without any equipment. A free expression of joy and frivolity open to interpretation. Of course, it was made all the better when there was music and company to share it with, but in those first moments, all Len thought about was herself and the melody. It was only after, as others joined in and Jalase became part of the crowd, that her attention branched out again, and she grinned, pulling him into the fray.

Ryvan gave them the courtesy of several bouncier tunes before the quick melodies came to an end, and he called attention to the dancers, tapping his instrument, before beginning the first, winding note of an evidently slower, more intimate tune.

Len released a breath, flush faced from the more energetic dancing and admittedly the tiniest bit winded herself as she glanced to Jalase. “Well, we could go sit off t’ the side for this one if ya wanted, or…”  

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

Tangled Puppet

Sarcastic Demigod

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:24 pm
As the music started to change each time, Jalase found himself inching closer to Len, ready to pull her in close should she decide to try and flee whenever Ryvan choose to play a slow song. Finally, when the time came, he was relieved to see that she didn’t initially flee — though she did offer up a chance to back out of this. His hopes brightened when her voice trailed off and she didn’t exactly outright say she didn’t want to slow things down. Taking this as his cue he stepped in closer to her and reached out for her hand. “I’d prefer to keep dancing,” he said, tugging her gently in close to him as the music continued and more couples joined them on the dance floor. Jalase barely noticed though, however, his attention focused on Len and doing his best not to step on her feet with them in such close proximity.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:53 pm
In spite of herself, Len felt a pleased flush as Jalase said he’d like to continue and pulled her in. Around them, other pairs were doing similarly, but like Jalase, Len’s focus was narrow and centered on the two of them.

She had never slow danced before.

Unlike livelier numbers, though, it was at least a very simple seeming concept, and as the music drifted on, she found herself relaxing into the motions like a leaf carried along by a gentle tide. It felt comfortable in Jalase’s embrace. Warm. Different. But safe in a way that defied logic—she wasn’t in any danger here to begin with and realistically, Jalase was no more of an ultimate protection than any other man of his relative size and strength.

But no other man was him.

And very privately, Len realized that was what made all the difference.  

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

Tangled Puppet

Sarcastic Demigod

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:59 pm
Jalase couldn’t remember a time he’d felt so content — so at ease. With Len pulled close to him he couldn’t help but smile and forget, if only for a moment, about all the troubles in his life and the world. At that moment it was just the two of them. The thought of the trouble he’d be in if his superiors found out about Len was pushed to the back of his mind. That was something he’d deal with later. For now, his goal was to have a good time. Much to Jal’s surprise, Ryvan played a couple of more slower songs before Ryvan announced that the band would be taking a small break. Jal frowned slightly, not yet wanting to let go of Len. If he was being honest with himself, he’d stay on this dance floor with her all night.

As the couples started to part and leave the area, though, Jalase finally pulled away from her and looked down. “Want to get some fresh air? Take a break from the crowd?”  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:10 am
If she had been uncertain at first, that tension was long gone before the beginning of the second number, and by the time the music wound to its break, Len had lost track of time, and found herself blinking back to awareness as her friend spoke up stage. Around them, though, others were shuffling about, and after a moment, Jalase too took a step back.

At the suggestion short on its heels, however, Len immediately nodded.

She couldn’t pin down the feeling in her chest as they moved, only that it was new and strange, and as excited for the idea of finding some privacy as it was disappointed with the idea of leaving the dance floor. She wondered, with a stray thought like a pebble tossed in unanticipated through a window, what sort of girl Jalase’s parents imagined he would one day bring home. And then, with a crinkle to her nose, she banished the thought.

Certainly not flea-bitten street thieves, and it was too pretty a night to dampen it with nonsense thoughts. As they stepped into the open air, she drew a deep breath, and held it as her luminous eyes tracked skyward.

“Do you think the gods or the stars came first?”  

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

Tangled Puppet

Sarcastic Demigod

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 9:29 pm
The Only Black Uke

Jalase couldn’t keep his eyes off of Len. He watched as she looked skyward, getting lost in thoughts of what he’d like to do in that moment. Dragging her in close and kissing her was high on that list. He tore his gaze away from her, at that, though, and looked skyward at her question. Gods? Stars? Who was he to comment on such a subject. One who had not believed in the gods for so long he’d lost count of the days. Frowning, Jal looked back down at Len and shook his head. “I cannot say. It has been many moons since I last believed in the gods, Len. And the stars are an even bigger mystery.”  
◈ Tendaji [RP Area]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff