Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands
[JOINT-META] Incongruous Juxtaposition? (OPEN) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:44 am
Afina nodded to the young princes as she gained Heti's attention. It amused her slightly how he seemed surprised by her, she supposed when you lived around hot reds your whole life seeing so much blue could be surprising.

"Lovely to meet you Heti, my name is Afina. Welcome to the Bahari'mtoto, though I'm sure the young princes here have already said that." She smiled brightly a glimmer in her chocolate gaze "My grandfather told me all about the firekin when I was a cub my grandmother was born there." She paused for a moment, she was hardly a cub, she knew better than to act like one, but sometimes curiosity got the better of her. "So why the colour thing?" She raised both brows, her grandparents had never really gone in to details, but she knew that she and her family had all gotten their larger size from the firekin.

—-

Kiahi’kripi looked out longingly at the cool waves, she had never seen the sea, she had never seen much of the world really yet. This visitation to all of the different places outside of the sands was wonderful. It was nice, very nice to be back on the sand but this sand was nothing like the sand she was used to. This sand was much cooler to the touch, it felt different all the way up through her being.

Still it felt nice to be back on the sand even if it was a strange sort of sand.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:49 pm
Anya gazed back and forth between the different lions, easily capable of spotting her own pride mates out of the crowd. It was while she was doing so that she caught a glimpse of a familiar peach-covered head. There was only one lion she knew with that color of mane, and so, with a massive grin, she bounded forward in the direction she'd seen him. She lost him for a brief second, hidden amongst other lions, but it didn't take her long to catch his scent.

Hopping the last few steps, she landed with a thump in front of him. "Hi, Burny! Came to see the desert pride too?" Her tail swished behind her excitedly, delighted in seeing the gray and black male. She hummed and glanced back at the group, "I'm kind of surprised by how red they all are. They must really like the color."

Turning back to him with sparkling blue eyes, she practically seemed to glow as she tapped a paw against his side, "Want to come with me to talk with some of them? It will be more fun if we go together!" That, and despite her excitement, it would be nice to be with someone she was familiar with. A friendly face, so to speak.

Also, she just loved spending time with Burny.

Syrius Lionwing
Oh, pull him along, she will.

MangoMeow

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:38 am
Kerberos finally emerged from the underbrush, having fallen behind his siblings and mother. Pink eyes widened at the sight before him, taking in all the massive red lions with glee. They weren't as large as his mother but a few came surprisingly close. He spotted two of his sisters walking off into the group and he darted after them, bowling into them from behind.

"Don't leave me behind! I wanna talk to them, too!" he said, chomping on Aur'iel's ear as his tail swatted Pamuya in the face. He didn't notice he was about to collide with something big until he did, running face-first into a massive black leg.

"Oof! Hey, watch where you're...going..."

He paused as he looked up and up and up, finding himself leg-to-face with one of the massive red lions that had come to their lands. Only she wasn't completely red. In fact, she was mostly black.

User ImageMat peered down at the little gaggle of cubs at her feet, a wide grin on her face. They reminded her of her own litter she had quite some time ago, now all grown and living their own lives. These ones were definitely not red, though, and it was amusing to see such varied colors and patterns on what clearly were siblings.

"Hello there," she said, mindful not to speak too loudly and possibly startle them. "Aren't you three brave for wandering into the pack of us like this?" She had to admit, not just any cub would do so. Perhaps there was strength in numbers.

Kimaria

Ctrl F Greenie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:43 am
It wasn't long before they were joined by a swarm of curious Bahari; then again with was generally how things went for the pride. With so little to fear, the lions were often hospitable and welcoming to almost anyone. Provided the Firekin continued to be pleasant it was most likely that this hand of friendship would continue to extend until the time in which they left... However long that might be. To be perfectly honest, neither Huo or Shui had asked about that and their father hadn't pressed them on it. It seemed that on this occasion Ram had left both of his sons in the driving seat and if they found themselves overwhelmed...well they would know where to find him and several guards.

"Pleasure," Shui responded with a beaming smile as the teacher was introduced. He had a more matte coat than Heti, and lacked the distinct markings of his kin, but that didn't make him any less striking. He still held himself in a certain way, and he still had that familiar red coat, so there would be no mistaking who and what he was.

"You don't know what a sea is?" Huo asked after a moment and then shook his head. "Ah but of course you wouldn't," he remarked as his brain finally caught up with his mouth. Kimeti had the potential to hear about an ocean, but he would never have had the opportunity to see one.

"We can show you it, if you like?" Shui offered.

"You can probably already hear it actually," Huo added as he perked his ears, sure enough, across the breeze the faint whisper of the ocean could be heard. From here the occasional 'crash' of waves against rock could be heard, but it was the more subtle lulling sound against the shore that was most frequent.

"It's not too far from here..."

Kimaria

User ImageUser Image

Krisis's children however, had been comfortably waved off by their 'father' as she had led them away. Why he hadn't joined them was a source of great curiosity to the pair who had taken up the back to spaces in the line. They'd pursue this line of query later, but for now they were off to see the 'giant' lions, if only to give their mother a moment or twenty to breathe. Suffice it to say that her bundles of joy were also bundles of energy and Krisis simply wasn't used to attending to anyone except herself!

Thus, when a gaggle of their siblings had come to a halt at Mat, they had soon come to join them. Young, and so full of questions, they simply gazed up at the lioness that would arguably have rivaled their own mother and father in size. Hell, they probably did put up a good fight when it came to their own father despite his god given size! Still, on this occasion the brother and sister were both confident that daddy was bigger...And mommy certainly was because well...look at her!

"Fiiiive!" Ijiraq corrected her, the vitiligo stricken female gazing up at her with a beaming smile.

"And we're not that brave," her green brother, Siarnaq, pointed out. "Everyone has come to say hello!" he added and stood on his hindpaws to wave about the immediate vicinity, it was an action that made him look utterly ridiculous.

SilverLutz

Ctrl F Greenie

Kimaria

(I will add more as this goes along if I need to. <3 Assume almost all of mine are nearby and you can simply address one to summon them!)

Epine de Rose

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:48 am
User Image

"Okay mom! See you later!" He called out from over his shoulder as he dashed off as well with the rest of his siblings. He paid no mind to whatever - or in most cases whomever - was in his way, barreling through the legs of adults, bouncing over toes, using rocks and boulders in his way as jumping points in his wild dash to keep up with the others who had gotten a bit more of a head start than he had.

"Well there's actually eight of us if the rest ever catch up with us." Umbriel remarked as he trotted over to the small group quickly forming a circle around the poor woman who just happened to be willing to answer their endless questions.

He'd give her five minutes before she too would be looking for an escape from the rowdy bunch just like their parents!

A snort followed Siarnaq's statement before Umbriel shoved his side playfully. "Ha! Speak for yourself! I want to be big and brave!" Turning his bright eyes up to the dark-hued lioness the cub flopped onto his rear as he studied her form.

"Mama said you guys would have stories, do you have any good stories or are you just different colored from us?" He asked innocently, his brows furrowing together tightly. "Cause if so that's really booooooooooring."

SilverLutz

Kimaria

Just as quickly as the large lioness had came and scooped up the cub for an adventure had she disappeared amongst the crowds. It was an amazing feat considering that most of the time Yukio often towered over other folks, if folks didn't hear her coming before then! But amongst the chaos and the large gathering of lions with similar builds she was given the rare opportunity to blend in. It provide the perfect chance to lose Organa off of their trail, forcing the young mother to mingle herself amongst the Firekin and other locals or if nothing else at least to ask if anyone had seen wherever the hell Yukio and her child had run off to.

...Though Yukio couldn't lie and say that she wasn't excited to use it as a chance to meet a new and exciting culture like many were already!

"Sooooo..." She drawled out with a roll of her tongue, peering out amongst the crowd. "The coast is clear kiddo but the question is now; where do you want to start first?" She finished inquisitively.

There was a ruffle in her mane before a pair of mix-matched eyes popped out from their hiding spot that was shortly followed by an excited gasp. "You weren't lying!" Snowflake exclaimed, rising onto all fours so she could get a better view of the massive crowd. "Um...I...dunno, Yukio. I didn't think that they would be so big, I think some even are bigger than you! " Snowflake replied after a few moments. With a frown she leaned over her babysitter's forehead to look her in the eyes nervously. "C-can you promise not to put me down?" Pinning her ears back she shook her head before clarifying with a quick, "Not th-that I'm scared or anything!"

"Of course not, I don't want to have to explain to your mother why her child is now flat after someone stomped on you." Yukio replied with a chuckle. It was a valid worry with the tiny runt for her to possibly be overlooked and stepped on with this many people huddled in one place. Still, she knew first hand how much a child's imagination could over exaggerate and create nightmares out of their own shadows. After all she did the same thing when she was younger!

"I promise that I won't let anything harm you, Snowflake. I'm positive that all of these people are friendly if Shui and Huo invited them back home." She assured with a gentle smile. "Would it help if you heard it right from them?"

With a brief pause Snowflake weighed the offer before she nodded in agreement with a quiet 'mmhmm' following it.

"Right-o! To the boys!" Yukio replied before surging forward. It didn't take long till she caught site of the familiar hot-and-cold twins- not like they had made it any challenge to find themselves! Briefly plunking herself down on her hind-legs she lifted a paw to wave over to them. "Huo, Shui! What's up?!"

Epine de Rose

"Yukio, Snowflake! Get back her...oh for ******** sake." Organa grumbled under her breath. Scrubbing a paw down her face Organa could only lean back on her good legs as she regarded the crowd with disdain. With how slow she still was from her injury there was no possible way that she could keep up with the two on a good day, least of all when there was a massive block of people to try and wiggle through!

Organa had to admit that Yukio might have been a bit more clever than she previously had given her credit for.

With a heavy sigh of defeat she rolled her shoulders to work out the aching kinks that had already started to build up from overworking it so quickly when the flash of green in her peripheral vision gave her reason to pause. With a cocked eyebrow Organa readjusted herself down onto her rump.

Well, well this would certainly be an interesting distraction, one that was entirely unwelcome. She would be willing to take any excuse to put off dealing with her own personal mess right now about now.

As it so happens the particular lioness was one that she had some resemblance of knowledge on. Why she might not have ever properly introduced herself there wasn't a single person who didn't have an inkling of who the rather loud goddess was.
Course last time she saw her in the flesh the poor thing was flopped over on the beach like a overweight whale that had washed ashore. Not that she was much better off at that point in time!

Funny enough they possibly had more in common than they realized!

"Did your own hellions abandon you as well or did you just need a break from it all?" Organa finally asked with the hint of a grin tugging at her lips.

User Image

Cressida was the odd one in her bunch of siblings, like she had always been. Why they were bouncing and making valiant efforts to keep up with their enormous mother or just splitting off by themselves to go nose into some unsupervised trouble why they could she...trotted along happily a good pace behind her family, making no great strides to keep up with the rest of her eccentric kin.

Physically and in most cases mentally Cressida was not, and probably would never be, the fastest of the bunch. She was content to let life come as it may and if that meant missing out on some thing well...that was okay too!

A quiet sigh of relief did escape from her as she saw her mother finally stop and shoo off the rest of her siblings. It had felt like they had been going for hours and she was glad to finally be able to sit and rest her poor paws! Red eyes peered hopefully up at her mother as she plunked herself right on the large mass of floof that she called her tail. "Mama can I stay by you for now? I'm tirrrred." She whined out softly, kicking her sore feet out from under her to prove her point.

Ctrl F Greenie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:38 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Akane stood slightly to one side. Apart of her group and kind of not apart of it. To her utter surprise, there was tiny cubs running about. She couldn't help but smile at them. Until recently, there hadn't been a male she found worthy in her pride. Perhaps that would change once she got back home. For now she could admire the little bundles of fluff here. Maybe some day she'd have strong cubs of her own. Until then she'd enjoy what experiences proffered themselves to her. She glanced down to the jackal beside her. "Different from the desert isn't it?"

Que-ale glanced up at deep red lioness, then peered around taking it all in. "I suppose. The colors are different for one, and the sand is cooler. But sand is sand." He did note that walking was slightly different in that the sand tended to stick and clump where as back home it was bone dry most of the time and shifted easily. The most shocking thing for him was probably the variety of colors among the lions coming to meet them. He guessed this pride wasn't nearly as strict with its colors. All the firekin looked as if they belonged, these others were a mix, a hodgepodge.

Plamen watched the others. Things were proceeding well. Or would it be swimmingly, he thought with humor. The groups were starting to mingle, but it was still quite easy to tell who belonged to which one. He did note at least one that appeared to be standing guard and watching. That made good sense. He was alone for a moment and was content to watch things unfold. There was quite a number of cubs dashing about under paw. He’d have to be careful when he decided to move. Tiny conversations were popping up all around him now. It was almost difficult to listen to them all. Instead he focused upon a nearer one speaking of the ocean. Plamen wondered how they managed to live by all this water.

Kaito had his thoughts pulled from wondering how much like fire these lions were going to be, by one calling his name. He looked over at Meara and grinned. "I dunno Meara. You know what they say. Red sky at night, lion's delight, red sky at morning, lion's warning." He flicked his tail and looked back toward the red pelted lions. "I wonder which these will be. I just hope they don't eat at much as fires do." He was pleased to see the easy mixing of the two distinctly different groups. Wouldn't a nice big beach party to welcome their guests be just the thing to throw? Show them how it's really done!

Desher spotted another guard arrive, and was pleased. It wouldn't hurt to have back up just in case. He gave a return nod as she passed him, on her way to another. The tan male regarded the group a moment more. When he looked back toward his side of the line, Desher was surprised to see some females bringing cubs. Was this really the best place to bring them? Sure they seemed friendly now, but could they be sure of it? He wouldn't want to risk his cubs if it was his choice. Thankfully his were grown for the moment.

belloblossom

@Everyone- Anyone is open for interactions.  

magnadearel

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:52 pm
User Image

Meara grinned at Kaito and nodded appreciatively.
"Fair enough." She replied to the sea blue lion. "I think I'm gonna go talk to one of them. Come along if you want." She offered, before getting to her paws and walking around.

She eventually spotted a dark-pelted lioness, who wasn't quite as boldly red as her kin, with a familiar beside her. Meara's eyes rounded with excitement and she bounded up to the other lioness.

"Is that a jackal? Whoops, sorry!" She asked the lioness, before looking down to the familiar. "Are you a jackal?" She asked it directly. It wasn't nice to be talked over and in the familiar's sense, it would be a literal thing,
so maybe these Firekin travelers would like her more if she talked to each of them equally instead! She certainly hoped so, it was so cool to have lions from another pride here!

magnadearel
Meara is referring to Akane and Que-ale in her post.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:59 am
Heti looked taken aback for a moment. Colour? Ahh, had she had an ancestor who had been unacceptable colours? "It dates back to very old traditions, I think." He was likely not the best person to ask. An older Firekin or, say, a teacher, might give a more detailed answer (but Kimeti seemed interested in other things right now). "There was a goddess once, but the Firekin don't follow her anymore. I think red, black and white were considered blessed colours, back when blood was important."

So important that they'd almost bred themselves into extinction...though that was a tale for another day - or not, as the case may be. Heti wasn't much one for looking to the past as some in the pride were.

"Who was your grandmother? I wonder if there's anyone in the pride that would remember her. Does she live here?"

Syrius Lionwing

When they mentioned being able to hear the sea, the red lion canted his head and turned an ear. After a moment - blocking out the voices in close vicinity - he thought that maybe he could hear something. I sort of gentle rushing noise, like the wind but different somehow.

"I would be curious to see it. I am here for the purpose of learning and expanding my knowledge of the world - just as my father did before me. I would not turn down the opportunity to see such a thing."

He turned to see whether Heti intended to join but the striped lion seemed currently caught up in conversation with an extremely...bright lioness. "Perhaps others might want to come, too?"

Epine de Rose

Pamuya turned her head to reply to her sister when, in that very moment, she ran headlong into a huge lioness with dark fur, blazing muzzle and the brightest eyes she had ever seen. She gaped for a long moment, staying silent whilst her siblings massed around her.

Then, at the mention of stories she snapped back to attention and leapt up and down with excitement. "Yes! A story! A story! Why are you all the same colour?"

Ctrl F Greenie

SilverLutz

Pollack

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:09 am
User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image

He wasn't exactly sure how else to speak to them so he kinda just sat there and watched the others in the area for a moment. Pili on the other paw was all about getting to know more about them. "What do you both do in your pride? If it's okay that I ask?"

Tera was more reluctant than Sek to give an answer. "I'm a water seeker, what do you do?" She wasn't about to give up Sek's job unless she wanted her to know. Looking at the male and female before glancing back to Tera she figured she might as well follow suit. "I'm a Soldier. An equivalent to your prides guard most likely." While she was't sure their duties exactly she was mostly certain it was close enough to the same.

"That sounds really exciting! A water seeker? Is there not a lot of water where you live?"  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:06 pm
Having never met face to face before this encounter she felt closer to this lion than most. She could talk and talk to others, but motherhood was a conquest she hadn't been prepared for. With a single cub in tow she closed the gap between herself and Organa then opted to drop her rump to the sands in a defeated manner. "A break." She murmured. It was at this times that she recalled her time in the sea herself. The water had been a comfort and she felt incredible, that was until she ended up the image of a beached whale. Perhaps the first day of truly showing her pregnant gut. When Cressida asked to stay with Krisis she wasn't even able to act shocked - the cub wasn't quite like her louder siblings. "Just let me know if you decide to wander off." She said with a short smile. "You're welcome to stay with Mum." Perhaps the only times where the goddess was capable of maintaining a true warmth.

"Where is that cub of yours?" She imagined that the way the question had been posed meant that she was chasing her own cub down - had Krisis had more energy she'd have asked how the lioness struggled with a single cub when she herself had eight, but she wasn't prepared to start that fight. As she thought about that her eyes fell to Cressida and she smiled. "This little cub is Cressida." An introduction was appropriate - or so she felt.

-----

The tug of her ear grabbed her attention away from the lioness long enough to give Kerberos a well earned sour expression and a swat. "You should have kept up!" She almost called him snot-nosed, but bit her wee little tongue in case their mother was closer than she appeared. That would have earned her a 'look' of motherly disapproval. "I think we're kind of brave." She stated boldly after hearing her brother, Siarnaq, speak to the large female. But he was right.. brave would have meant seeking them out without the safety of the pride. This was merely curiosity poking about their brains.

Then she giggled at his upright appearance and gave a brief shove.

"Oh yes, stories!" Her vibrant green eyes widened at the opportunity and she grew silent. Oh the stories she wanted to hear of the outside world.

Pollack

SilverLutz

Epine de Rose

Kimaria

DavyJnah

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:37 pm
Kerberos grinned at his siblings as they glared at him, the action made a bit humorous thanks to his dark marking along his upper lip. When a few more stragglers caught up he turned his attention to the large, dark lioness with glee.

"Stories, stories, stories," he chanted, smacking his paws on the ground in time with the words. He wanted to hear what these huge lions had to say!

Mat's golden eyes widened a bit as more and more cubs tumbled towards her. All of them were quite large, even by her standards, and most of them either had striking stripes or were a rather eye-turning shade of green. Some were even both! Perhaps it was their proximity to this 'sea' that she had heard about. Sometimes it was blue but in some places she had heard it was green, sort of like the cubs before her.

"Eight? Well, isn't that an impressive number," she said, drawing her head up in 'surprise'. She glanced around quickly to see if she might be able to pick out the mother, but it seemed they had worked their way to the center of the Firekin without much trouble.

"Stories...not to worry, little ocean lions, we have plenty of stories...as long as you enjoy danger, fighting, and glory!" she said with a laugh, leaning down again to speak directly at their level. "Red is the color of fire," she added, turning her gaze from one cub to another as she held out her paw on which a few markings appeared to smolder on her leg. "To be Firekin, you must be born with fire in your soul and on your body. It keeps our pride unified, for we are quite large, and many other prides and rogues alike know to respect our strength and battle prowess. It makes it easier to distinguish who is friend and foe in battle as well."

Granted, not every red lion was a Firekin, but in the long run it did help and made those battling think twice about swinging at any lion they came across.

Epine de Rose

Pollack

Kimaria

Ctrl F Greenie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:58 am
Shui and Huo both turned their heads (albeit briefly) to acknowledge Yukio's approach; however, remembering their manners it seemed that on their journey the two brothers had learned to split their attentions. In a fashion that was relatively similar to 'divide and conquer', Huo had kept his attention on Yukio while Shui had returned his to Kimeti.

"You can invite whoever else might be interested," Shui smiled and motioned to several other Firekin nearby, though it seemed that a fair few were being entertained by curious Bahari. Admittedly, it seemed that some might also be overwhelmed as he briefly caught sight of the flurry of activity near Mat. Ah, well she would certainly have her paws full for a while unless their 'rival' came to retrieve his offspring.

"Quite frankly, the whole point of us extending the invitation was because you guys are so dry," he continued and shook his head. "When we were near your borders there just, well there wasn't anything and the lions we talked to seem confused about the possibility of something existing to begin with," he confessed. "So if others want to see the ocean then certainly, they can come with us, it's not a long walk either."

"Well, well, well," Huo smirked as he observed both Yukio and Snowflake. "You keeping secrets from us?" he teased as he nodded to Snowflake atop Yukio's back. He knew that Yukio wasn't the little cub's mother, it was the injured grey lioness who had birthed them, but they were similar enough in appearance for him to take this opportunity and run with it.

"We're just getting ready to show a couple of folks the ocean, nothing overly exciting from our point of view but it should be pretty neat for them to see it for the first time," he smiled.

"You wanna come?" he offered and tilted his head to the side. "Figured we might swing by the jungle regions if we have time after, depends on how sidetracked they all get by the water," he admitted.

Pollack

Kimaria

magnadearel
If you want Plamen to tag along! n_n

Siarnaq and Ijiraq didn't seem entirely impressed with Mat's explanation as to why she was the colour she was. If red was the colour of fire, then did that mean that somehow those who weren't red were worth less? In a pride that deemed everyone to be equal regardless of colour, size or even species, this was something that neither of the two little cubs could truly understand at this precise moment in time.

"So how come some of you are black?" Siarnaq queried.

"Or white?" Ijiraq pointed out with a little wave of her paw. "Fires not black or white, so does that mean they're not as important as a red lion?"

"Yeah that's not really fair," Siarnaq wrinkled his nose and frowned. "And...AND... you can't choose what colour you are when you open your eyes," he added and sniffed.

"I mean we could cover ourselves in mud but I don't think that counts..." his sister remarked thoughtfully.

"Can't do that every day that would take forever!" he pointed out and returned his gaze to Mat. So it seemed that while some definitely wanted exciting stories, there were other pedantic little queries that they may become fixated on. Although neither of the two cubs who were questioning Mat currently would say no to an exciting story or fourty!

SilverLutz

Ctrl F Greenie

Epine de Rose

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:36 am
User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image

That did sound interesting, though he was curious to know more about the water seeker position than he was the guard position. Not that he thought it boring, it was just that typically a guard anywhere does just about the same thing.

"No, we do not. We live in a very hot a dry climate so finding water is a bit of a challenge, but we make due." She said with a proud smile, she was very much in love with her job. Plus she was able to do it with her mate. (this was tera, -tori note)

Pili gave a small frown, that must be hard not having much water all the time. She looked around her home, it must seem like a paradise here then.

"What do you both do in the pride?" Sek asked the two of them somewhat curiously. Might as well get to know them a little better, not that she'd be seeing them again most likely.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:48 pm

Akane wasn’t left to her own for long though. Perhaps it was because she was sitting slightly separated from the others, or perhaps because of Que-ale at her side. Whatever the reason, a pair of fluffy lions came over to her. She smiled as the lioness corrected herself to speak to Que directly. She nodded a polite hello to the pair. “I’m Akane and this is Que-ale, my familiar,” she offered their names in return to the blue lion. It was stunning to look at him. Almost like a piece of the ocean had gotten up from the beach and joined them.

Que-ale sighed. Just because he was smaller than they, didn’t mean his brains were smaller too. Well ok they were, but not in intelligence! Since they were guests in this land, he nodded graciously. “I am indeed a jackal, madam. As Akane said, my name is Que-ale. I take it by your question that you don’t have many jackals around here?” That was too bad really. It’d be nice to meet a lady jackal someday, he decided. Even better if she’d come back to the pride with him. Though he suspected he wasn’t likely to find one out here. “Do you bond to familiars?”

Further talk of the ocean, and being able to go down closer to see it, pulled his attention fully onto the conversation. Plamen rose to his feet and padded over closer. “If it’s alright, I’d like to join.” His voice diffident, he could be ordered to stay here. But he was a water seeker! There was water right there! More than he’d ever seen in his whole life. Oh he wanted to get closer to it, touch it, taste it. He’d never believe it was real otherwise. The only time he’d “seen” this much water was as the hot air danced over the desert sands.

Kaito considered her offer for just a bare moment, then trotted after her. “Can’t seem like a stick in the sand, now can I? Besides everyone seems to be having such fun talking.” He trailed along as she singled out a lioness so dark red she might have been black in places. Best of all was the little jackal sitting at her side. He chuckled as Meara bounded up to the two, and followed her.

“Pleasure to meet you. I’m Kaito and this is Meara. She means no harm.” He winked at the pair. If he didn’t know she was from another pride, she’d seem just like any other lioness, he decided as he looked her over. He did note she was well muscled though.

Desher shook his head. If his mate was here, surely she’d tell him he was suspicious old man. Maybe he should unbend a bit and go talk to them himself. He wasn’t learning anything really up here about them, except they appeared to be polite guests. Pushing himself to his paws, he headed down to the main group. So many tiny groups were forming. It was hard to pick a group. He smiled at the one black and red lioness that seemed to have attracted so many cubs to her. It seemed natural to pause to listen to her with the cubs.

belloblossom

Epine de Rose
Thank you! He's dreadfully curious about all their water! XD

SilverLutz
Desher stopped by Mat

magnadearel

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:18 am
It was unsurprising that the poor mother had needed a break! One could have divine powers and have people bend the knee to you at any given time but that didn't mean diddly squat to a bouncing bunch of cubs eager to go get themselves in trouble. Why Tala had willingly taken on the rest of her own brood to raise as her own was something that she was eternally grateful for was also something she would never quite fully understand.

But to each their own as the saying goes.

"Mine was kidnapped to go..." Pausing her eyes squinted harshly as she hissed out the last bit of her sentence harshly. "Mingle."

A sharp gasp jolted out of Cressida as she perked up, peering around her own mother to stare at Organa in shock. "Kidnapped!? Your cub was kidnapped!? By who!? I don't want to be kidnapped too!" She exclaimed loudly.

An amused grin tugged at the corner of Organa's lips as she regarded the large cub with interest why Krisis introduced her. Lowering herself down onto her front paws she adjusted herself as best she could to get to eye level with the spooked youngster. "Don't worry, she was a willing participant to her own kidnapping." Course that did break all definitions of the word but details, details! "Now...the bigger question is why a strong youngster like you is staying so close to mom instead of going out exploring like the rest of your siblings, hmm?" Organa asked with a cocked eyebrow.

"Because I'm tired." Cressida answered as she slumped back down against her mother pressing her cheek into her side for support. "And mama says never do something yourself if you can have others do it for you, so I'm waiting for the red strangers to come to us." She confessed with a lazy shrug.

Ctrl F Greenie

"Oh goodness me the news hasn't reached you two yet?" Yukio replied without missing a beat. Cocking her weight to one side she regarded Huo with her own impish grin. "Well I suppose I should fill you in then, shouldn't I? I met a charming rogue and started a family of my own why you were away seeing the world. Dad is currently out trying to track him down so he can drag him home and make a honest woman out of me. An absolute scandal I know, I know!" Her eyes lifted skyward to gesture to Snowflake. "Isn't that right, sweetheart?" She finished off.

Snowflake's face had in the entirety of the conversation slowly curled and wrinkled it's self into a confused half-snarl. With her head tilted to the side she eyed first Yukio and then Huo in a very 'are you being serious?' manner before responding bluntly with, "You two are even weirder than mom."

Barking out a laugh Yukio's head gently shook in response. "I dunno I'll have to double check my schedule and see if we're free." She teased with a smirk. "Though if nothing else it'll be fun trying to watch the desert-dwellers have their first swims."

Her eyebrows rose as her head snapped to address the overwhelmingly red male. My goodness, she had heard that the Firekin had a thing for warm colors but not to this extent! "Of course you're more than welcome to join us, the more the merrier!" She remarked to Plamen.

With a slight nod of her head she pulled Snowflake's attention back down to her instead of it being focused on intently observing the massive group of Firekin around them. "What do you think, kidlet? You up for some swimming too?" She asked as she waggled her eyebrows teasingly. Knowing the cub's growing affinity for the water it was more of a formality than anything actually asking her if she wanted to go or not.

Unsurprisingly Snowflake's head bobbled excitedly up and down. "Yes please!" She confirmed eagerly.

"Righto." Yukio started as she turned back to face Huo once again. "Kidlet approves, and so babysitter approves. We'd love to join along with you guys."

Epine de Rose

magnadearel

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas