azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:58 pm
Propriety was a thing, Jeremiah sending off an email to Liam - a different Liam, he knew, than the one he had spoken with regularly after the world changed - to request a meeting with him. Some part of him thought about catching him at Equinox but then he also rationalized that, perhaps, it was best at the manor.

Especially considering that he was, in fact, wanting to discuss Sonny and their restriction.

Which was why, after making sure the time was right, Jeremiah was knocking politely upon the door.

Silverah
free sonny from house arrest 2k17 and vivien ring talks

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:20 pm
Liam opened the door with a polished gesture. He was wearing a pair of pressed linen pants, a green button-up that brought out his eyes, and, incongruously, bunny slippers.

"Detective," he said brightly. "I've been expecting you. How do you like your tea? I just put some water on."

azuredreams

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:26 pm
The bunny slippers got a slight twitch upwards of the corner of his mouth but then ... so did being called detective. (Were Jeremiah honest, sometimes he missed it.)

"Liam," he greeted pleasantly. "Just a dash of cream, that's it." Sugar in his tea was never a thing. "Hopefully I am not interrupting what is a relaxing day at home?"

Silverah

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:58 pm
Sonny was seated on an ottoman in the living room, considering the Chinese checkerboard laid out before them. The house was cool, the air stirred by the soft rush of central air conditioning, and they were wearing a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt. "Hi, Mr. Mercer," they said, looking up and offering Jeremiah a bright wave. "Papa said you might be by."

Liam gestured to the checkerboard. "We'll finish this up later. Sunny, do you mind, er, the tea? A dash of cream for our guest."

"Sure," said Sonny, getting up. They breezed past Jeremiah and off towards the kitchen, where the kettle had begun to whistle.

"Now," said Liam, turning to Jeremiah as he took a seat. "What's this about?"

azuredreams

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:42 pm
Jeremiah returned Sonny's wave with a flick of his fingers, a subtle smile given. "Yes, I've a couple important matters talk to him about. Hopefully I won't keep him from your game too long."

As clearly they had been playing.

He watched as they breezed past, made a mental note that Liam called them Sunny, and took his own seat. "There are actually two matters that I wish to discuss with you, though both are tied - in a way - to the world that imposed itself upon this one. Of which I am sure you know about." Jeremiah might have looked uneasy to talk about this but he was not. "I'm not the same Chief Mercer that was here before last December and, because of that, I do not have knowledge of certain things."

There was a glance to see if Sonny had returned yet before he looked back to Liam.

"One of the matters is actually regarding Sonny, their restriction specifically. I've found no documentation of it by my other self as to why it was put in place or the exacts about it and can only conclude it's a verbal contract between my other self and yourself and Renard." A notebook appeared, Jeremiah catching it with a hand and setting it upon his knee. "I ask because I want to either lighten it or remove the restriction entirely."

Silverah

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:48 pm
"Ah," said Liam, nodding thoughtfully. "It was your predecessor - George's - idea. Sunny's powers are extremely volatile, and she's not always in control of what happens around her. It was decided by all involved that it would be best if she remain confined to the estate and its grounds. I wasn't pleased, but... It's safest that way. There have been incidents, both where she has caused harm - and where she has had harm done to her."

Perhaps Jeremiah had read about some of them.

"I know that she wants to leave," he sighed, "but can you assure me of her safety should she venture out into the wider world?"

azuredreams

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:09 pm
"I was, admittedly, concerned with that." Most incidents tied to the Shore family were kept under wraps or swept away, as if they were the town secret and - in a way - they were. "Sonny has also said as much, that people are safer this way."

Yet at the same time, they wanted freedom but would not ask it themselves, nor had they taken the offer but perhaps he should have simply moved on it on his own.

He was quiet for a moment, thinking. "There have been attacks on those who look like Sonny and I've no desire to see harm come to them, not just recently but in the past as well." A page was flipped to in his notebook, finger running down it before stopping and a few new notes made (like it having been George, then him seeing it through). "So while I cannot guarantee their safety in the wider world - this town? it's counterpart? - I can endeavor to do so personally. If the need arises, while they are out, they can call upon me and I can come to them. Immediately." It was meant, exactly as he said it. Perhaps months ago he would not have said something like this, made the offer, but with everything that had happened - with all that had happened to Sunny and Sonny - he wanted to see something returned.

"However, if you have specific concerns about Sonny's safety," as he had mentioned the attacks of the past, "things that are currently a clear and present danger to them, please tell me."

Silverah

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:55 am
Liam's eyes flitted to Jeremiah's notebook, but he did not look to be trying to read any of its contents. "There are people here - people you brought with you from your world - who are actively trying to destroy the first sigil. My daughter's existence has always been intimately linked to that chronological cancer that you call the 'Cage.' Destroying it may very well threaten her life."

He leaned forward, dragging a fingertip across the polished wooden surface of the coffee table. "Furthermore," he said, "there are three people here who have complete and utter control over her actions if they're allowed access to her. I do not know their intentions towards her or their motivations. In one case, I don't even know their identity."

"She should have her freedom," he agreed, "but there are too many variables beyond these walls."

azuredreams

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:44 pm
The notebook, it turned out, had neat and tidy handwriting that seemed to be notes about Sunny- about threats to her as well as notes about Sonny but he also did not seem to be making a point to hide it.

There was nothing to hide.

"Their harm is not acceptable," replied Jeremiah, "and also not something that will be accepted by most that I know of who are wishing to see the sigil undone- myself included." His hand rested flat on the notebook, frowning slightly at the mention of the three.

"The third-" he started, swallowed thickly and took a deep breath, "they do not wish to go the way of those that came before and value their anonymity." Clearly he was having trouble speaking about them, another breath taken. "The other two do not wish to have control over them and ... would give them their control back if they could."

Shiloh and America had done so, in fact, or tried during the Charter destruction and renewal, though it had failed because of the third ...

"Those that work at the department already watch out for Sonny- they are to report in and bring them either to the department or the manor, whichever is closer, if they are seen out. That can be adjusted to simply verifying they are alright and there is no danger of any sorts before going about their business." Jeremiah shifted in his seat, no longer leaning back but sitting up properly. "Likewise, I know they are ... essentially at the beck and call of the Principals - another aspect that is unfortunate - but as I stated, I can offer that of myself if the need arises. I do not offer it lightly but I feel as if they are able to call upon someone else - willingly - then it might offer a mote of more protection, trust, and good faith. I offer that not only as Chief of Police but also as a Noble of the Court. Should they need help, assistance, or otherwise, they only need to call for me."

A pause, the corner of his mouth twitching. "Not that I truly think they need it - both you and Renard are more than capable of doing the exact same far better - but I feel the need to make the offer regardless."

Silverah

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:51 pm
Liam seemed rather impartial to all of Jeremiah's suggestions regarding Sunny's comings and goings and dealings with the police department. He had focused, laser sharp, on a single statement that he wanted to interrogate further.

"If you know who the third is," he said, "I would be very grateful if you would tell me their identity. For my daughter's safety. You can't guarantee me anything so long as that unknown factor persists in the equation."

azuredreams

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:07 pm
"I-" Jeremiah opened his mouth and then closed it, swallowing thickly once more. His fingers closed tightly, color leaving his face. "They're-"

A breath was sucked in.

"They were-" Another sharp breath, trying to force air in, as he was starting to look a little blue in the face, fingers flexing in and out. "They-" The more he tried to talk, the more he looked as if he was suffocating, the muscles in his neck tightening.

Silverah

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am
Liam nodded.

"I see," he said. "At ease."

azuredreams

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:43 pm
Jeremiah closed his eyes, pulled in several breaths, and then sighed. "They aren't- unknown- to me."

Yet obviously he could not tell, at all, their identity. Even if he had figured it out from reasoning and deductive guesses but-

"I can guarantee you," he spoke again after a few more steadying breaths, "that they've no machinations against Sonny other than maintaining the secrecy of their identity. I would not see them still contained to what is essentially house arrest because of one individual."

Silverah

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:33 am
Liam did not seem to take any comfort in Jeremiah's assurances. "Strange magic," he said, after a moment, and leaned closer to Jeremiah. "Tell me," he said. "What enchantment do they have you under? The noble geas?"

azuredreams

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:37 am
"<********> that b***h, if I see them I'm gonna bite their throat out," yelled Sonny down the stairs.

Silverah
azuredreams

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas