azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:59 pm
It was a pit in his stomach, a hollow sinking feeling that was far, far worse than when he had found Preacher burning and horribly injured. A distinct feeling was left with him, an uneasiness that told him something had happened and it had happened to Shun.

Jeremiah ended up chasing the feeling, right to Shun's apartment complex and then inside his apartment. For a split second, there had been something off - something he thought was magic sparking out of the corner of his eye and drawing his attention - but it was gone and did not repeat, nor was he able to follow it.

Besides, the niggling sensation in the back of his mind was telling him it was not this Ashdown but the other. With an exhale of breath, Jeremiah was within other ashdown, and he knew - he knew - Shun was here.

When his shoes stepped in something slick, he looked down to see blood and that was when he noticed that the shadows were not quite right. It was not a normal darkness but it was fading away and Jeremiah's eyes could see through it to where Shun's crumpled form was, blood pooled under him and away from him.

All the color left his face as he immediately appeared next to Shun, crouching and going to try and- Stop the blood, stop the blood- One hand was pressed to what was obviously a gunshot- Three? no four, there's four; who the bloody ******** did this- The other hand had two fingers pressed to the most solid pulse to find- No, no, no; he's-

The words of the Hunter came back to him but they were in other ashdown and there were people who had the power and even he knew healing magic and- He's dead.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:23 pm
Shun's form remained limp as Jeremiah had turned him over and attempted to futilely stop the bleeding. It was far too late for any of that, however. There was no pulse to be felt. Between the bit of warmth that had yet to leave his body, and the lack of rigor mortis, he hadn't been dead for all that long.

Something odd began to happen, however. A small trickle of black smoke began to rise up from the four gunshot wounds in his chest, similar to what normally came out of his left eye. It seeped on through the fresh holes in his clothing, as if he was continuing to bleed this sort of wispy shadow.

A few moments went by.

Then, his body shuddered before he suddenly gasped for air. His right eye snapped open simultaneously.

But the pulse did not return.

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:30 pm
Jeremiah's hand fell away from his neck, the weight in his stomach turning to stone. Shun had not been dead long, not with the warmth that was still lingering in his body- Rigor hasn't even set in-

He would have to move, to get Shun somewhere- Then he felt it, the blood against his hand pressed to his torso no long sluggish and dripping but ... smoke?

It was rising up from the wounds, oozing out where blood had been once been, dark and inky. Not unlike the shadows Shun favored so much. Magic was clearly at work here, something happening but he just barely held himself back from jerking back when Shun's body shuddered.

Then he gasped.

Jeremiah's eyes widened in surprise - perhaps a little shock - bright and glowing and focused on the young man. This was- Like Aleksy-

"Shun? Are you-" Except that his hand was still pressed to his torso, close enough to be able to tell that his heart was definitely not beating.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:46 pm
Shun groaned lowly as he weakly shifted on the ground. His chest still hurt quite a bit still, though it was gradually ebbing away. Slowly. But still.

It took a moment or so for his vision to refocus; he seemed to be rather disoriented right now. When Jeremiah said his name, he squinted up at the older man.

"Wh... what?"

A hand went up to his chest. He felt something light brushing up against his fingers. Looking down at himself, he then saw the smoke coming up from his wounds. What was going on? The last thing he recalled he was... dying. Did Jeremiah or someone else heal him?

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:03 pm
Jeremiah's gaze followed Shun's hand, his own raising and pulling back as smoky shadows wisped up out of the gunshot wound. Something clicked over in his brain, apparently having reached his quota of weird magical s**t, and he went straight to calm.

"... you've been shot at least four times," he said in a low voice, "and you were dead."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:52 am
He recalled most of everything that had happened... however long ago that was. Some of it was a bit of a blur; namely the moments that took place shortly after he had been shot. And speaking of blur, whenever Jeremiah wasn't looking directly at Shun, he'd find that the man was oddly harder to see within his peripheral vision; moreso than what is normal.

At the mention of having been dead, he realized that he felt a stillness within his chest.

"My heart is not beating..." he muttered. Kaitou had managed to actually kill him. And yet... he wasn't sure what was happening right now. Shun was conscious, but the lack of feeling his own pulse was unnerving.

"Did you--?" he started, uncertain how to finish that question.

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:30 pm
It was a bit like when Zac did not want to see, though Jeremiah's eyes detecting the magic and creating a haziness to his form. Except this was Shun and it was, of course, shadowy.

... never mind obviously magical.

Jeremiah looked down at his bloody hand and then to Shun. "No pulse but you're clearly alive," he wanted to smooth a hand across his face but didn't, "and no I didn't do whatever brought you back. I was about to move you somewhere, get someone that might be able to help, when you ... revived on your own."

He was quiet a moment before he spoke again. "I can only fathom a guess as to say that the magic of this place was not content to let you stay dead. It isn't as if it would be the first time."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:48 pm
Shun was having a bit of a hard time understanding that, but his mind was still a little hazy. It was clearing up with time, in the least. Just as strength was steadily returning to his body. The pain in his chest had grown dull at this point. He finally started to try and push himself up into a sitting position. It didn't feel too good to do so, but he did it.

Looking around, he took notice of the blood on the ground. There was so much of it. And all of it was his own.

"Why would the magic here revive me? And why is my heart still? Am I really alive?"

This situation was highly confusing to him. He moved his hand over his chest to feel the wounds. They hadn't closed at all or anything. Black smoke was still seeping from them. He did notice that one of them seemed to have possibly pierced his heart. That might explain a thing or two if that were the case, but it also weirded him out a little more.

"This is Other Ashdown..." he murmured, now realizing the differences in his surroundings. He hadn't recalled actually crossing over.

azuredreamss

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Shun was odd to Jeremiah's vision, not just the smoke from his wounds but in general. It was a little hard to focus on him, as if there was too much magically going on with him and he could not seem to find one single point to look at. Eventually he would but at the moment, his eyes were flicking and looking everywhere.

"I ... don't know that you really are," Jeremiah said quietly, "as it is possible to be living but not alive- wherein you are moving and operating but the functions of your body have changed." Taking a moment, he reached out to check Shun over once again, brow knitted together in concern over the entire situation.

"I've no idea why the magic would revive you, Shun. I only know that it is possible. As for being here? I can hazard a guess that you brought yourself over as a subconscious last attempt." A breath escaped. "... as for my presence," since he knew Shun would eventually ask, "I knew something was wrong- that something happened to you. It's a quirk of my nobility."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:10 am
Shun wasn't sure he liked the sound of that. It sounded like he was some sort of zombie now, or something. But, he supposed it was a good thing they were in OAD for the time being. It meant he didn't have a massive pool of blood to clean up on the other side. But that did bring up a different question.

"... Do you think I am able to return to regular Ashdown?" he asked with a furrowed brow. The fetches were technically dead too, and they never seemed to go to the otherside except when they were taking the place of someone from the old charter. He wasn't sure if that was by choice or if they literally couldn't. Or some mix of the two.

He started to try and stand up, though he was a bit unsteady.

"Yes... well. Your instincts were not wrong. I apparently was just shot to death," he mumbled. Where was Kaitou now? If he had just vanished, then his father wouldn't have necessarily known that he had succeeded in killing him. The older Kuroda could still be looking, or maybe he had fallen back to seek him out later. He wasn't sure.

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:19 pm
"You're not a fetch, so far as I can tell, so you should be able to. Though their not crossing over is more to do with being intimately connected to the magic and needing it." A pause then, as he stood as well to make sure and catch Shun. A steadying hand was placed on his shoulder.

"As I said, this isn't the first time I've heard or seen something like this and the other person lives in Ashdown." He was looking him over, frowning again at all the blood and then staring at him. "... well, they simultaneously succeeded and failed. I've a few thoughts on who it might've been but you are going to tell me this time, Shun."

A breath was exhaled.

"... and I'm going to have to get ahold of someone to look at you."

3lade Kuroda

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:55 am
Shun supposed he was going to find out sooner or later for certain. If there was another dead person living in Ashdown, then maybe he could cross over just fine still. If he was stuck here, that would complicate things by a fair amount, he felt.

He went still as Jeremiah pressed on what the hell was going on here.

"He has magic, and he is clearly dangerous. I am not certain if it would be wise to get others involved," he stated quietly, "I will get back at him for this however..."

He furrowed his brow at the second comment.

"Get a hold of who?"

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:19 pm
"Shun, I am asking you nicely. I've let you have your secrets, even when my own life and others were put at risk - my entire department in fact - but I find that your apparent death makes me not inclined to let you keep them." He would have pressed a hand to his face, smoothed it across his brow, but there was still blood across it and so he did not.

"So when I say you are going to tell me, either you tell me, or I ask again and then you will tell me." There seemed to be little room for argument. "It isn't as if I am going to reach out and do anything - if you want to handle it yourself, so be it - but if there's a man in my town that is both magical and dangerous then there's a need for a low level of alert and watch. Especially when it turns out that you are, in fact, not actually dead."

Then he sighed, gesturing off in the distance with a hand. "I'm taking you to the hospital here and getting a hold of Miss Clark. Her healing capability is second to none, so far as I am aware, and if there's anyone that can do anything for your wounds, it would be her."

Blade Kuroda
LOL sorry shun, you don't have him find a dead body and expect him not to knuckle down on something

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:47 pm
Shun's fists tightened as he clenched his teeth as well. His good eye narrowed upon Jeremiah as he was reminded about his ability to pull the truth out

of people.

"Kaitou Kuroda," he uttered lowly, practically glaring at the older man as he did not really wish to talk, "My father. He came to 'speak' with me, and ended up shooting me four times in the chest."

He soon gave pause at the mention of the hospital.

"I really do not think I should go to the hospital. Not unless you can be absolutely certain that only Clark will see me."

The younger detective had smoking holes in his chest, not to mention a lack of a pulse. He did not want to deal with nonmagical doctors and nurses possibly freaking out over stuff like that, nor any possible drawbacks of what may come after. Even if they didn't see his wounds outright, the fact that he was drenched in his own blood was likely going to be enough to draw attention.

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:33 pm
Jeremiah swore under his breath, something that sounded like a mix of Russian and Italian and just closed his eyes. "As I said, I've had my theories as it's hard to not here about him moving around. He's also on the watch list, you realize?"

The one for those with magical talent or magical potential that were dangerous and had to be under close watch.

"I'll spare you anything more about what I think about him or telling you what to do." A pause. "Thank you. I merely needed to know, Shun, because if he's willing to do what he did to you, that makes him a dangerous man in my town and that's unacceptable. I will, however, respect your desire to handle it yourself unless it becomes a problem that extends beyond you once more."

It was all he could offer him before he shook his head. "I said this hospital, not the one in Ashdown. I'm only moving you there because it might be easier for her to have a look at you in a place of healing. I've no desire to find out what they would do if they found you out. The tests they wanted to run on me were ridiculous, what they would do to you is likely worse."

Blade Kuroda

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces