azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:58 pm
It had been a while since they had trained, especially since Jeremiah had been out of commission and then everything - after that point - had rapidly started to go downhill as things approached the destruction of the Charter and then it's renewal into the new form.

At the moment, they were taking a break, Jeremiah sitting on a bench as he took a drink of water. His shoulders lifted, rolled and stretched as he sat back and glanced at Shun.

"It looks as if things are about to be squared away for you to be back on duty," he said after another sip of water. His lips twitched. "Be very afraid of the paperwork pile that will await you."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:43 pm
Shun's fingers twitched at the very thought of that pile of paperwork. It was one of the things he sort of dreaded upon his return to the work force.

"Great. Of course there is a massive pile," he grumbled. He had just gotten through his last chunk of backlog due to his previous absence too. There was always too much work to be done.

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:18 pm
"Well, I've done what I can to minimize it but there's a lot that will have to be signed off to make sure things are taken care of." It wasn't as Jeremiah was not aware that Shun was not a fan of paperwork.

Once upon a time he had been the same way but that had, through various trials and other things, been taken out of him. Just like his messy handwriting no longer existed.

"I am just happy to see that you can finally return to work." A brief pause. "Though you will likely find that some may still give you looks." Because of what had happened, regardless of Shun being cleared. Jeremiah himself was one of the few that had not believed it to be Shun and, in all honesty, had been more annoyed at him closing himself off.

Not that he did not understand it.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:20 pm
"As much as I dislike that, I would not expect any less. I have a feeling this whole thing will mar my reputation for quite some time, even if I have not actually done anything," Shun stated with displeasure.

It was annoying, to say in the least. But he was going to have to deal with it regardless.

"I would not be surprised if some of them wished I was kicked off the force entirely."

Some may have wanted that prior to the whole fiasco.

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:23 pm
"Well, they know better to make it overt, so it will likely be the usual behind the back and backroom idiocy." Jeremiah would not be impressed with it, nor tolerate it.

"Thankfully, even with the capture of the man, there was not ... any revealing of magical abilities. His memory is foggy at best, though the crimes levied against him- he'll not see freedom." More than that, in fact, he would not do well in jail at all considering he had tried to harm more than one officer.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:56 pm
"Of course," he dryly said. Shun let out a breath at the next bit of news. That was good at least. He had still refrained on using a lot of magic during that last encounter, but there were others present who were not quite in the open either.

"Good. I am tired of that lot getting away with s**t," he grumbled.

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:24 pm
"Well, I'm certain they tried to get him to roll over on whomever was ultimately behind it," Shun got a look at this, "but he hasn't given up anyone. Not even with an offer of a lightened sentence."

Which Jeremiah did not necessarily approve of anyway because while the man was not, exactly, responsible for all of the attacks he was definitely responsible for the attempt on his life and that spoke of a capability that was more than a little dangerous.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:36 pm
Shun caught that look, but he didn't really react.

"I cannot say I am particularly surprised. Chances are he fears what may become of him if he were to give that up."

And that wasn't to say what the Justice Department would do to him, but the other side.

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:51 pm
"Well, considering the protective detail on him," Jeremiah rolled his eyes, "I think there are those who are aware and are still hoping to get information from him."

Not that he was still entirely happy that Shun was tight-lipped about the entire thing (he had to buy another car, alright).

"On the topic of work but not work, Preacher and I are moving in on gathering some of the things we need before the end of the year."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:55 am
At that, Shun merely gave a curt nod, but again offered nothing else on the subject matter. There were some things he was going to need to do on the back end. While the hitman was in custody, he knew this whole ordeal wasn't quite over just yet. He might need to outright contact his father to see what the ******** was going on and why exactly this had happened. It was not something he wanted to do.

But there were other things on hand right now.

"What do you have so far and how can I assist with the process?" he asked simply.

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:25 pm
"At the moment? Nothing. I have a meeting scheduled with Liam to discuss both Sonny and potentially getting his assistance for the ring. The paperwork has been put in for the body but we're waiting for it to come back." Jeremiah rolled his shoulders, forever trying to stretch out an ache there that would not leave.

"We've still got concerns about the sirens - needing to find a way around them being harmed - but I'm not sure, at this moment, what there is to be done. I was going to get some of their feathers, if they've molted recently, to hang on to just in case that might be beneficial."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:57 am
"Liam claimed he would not be able to assist with getting the ring, but perhaps you will have some luck in convincing him otherwise," Shun nodded.

"As far as the sirens go, that could work, I suppose. Or at least take us down the path we seek."

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:08 pm
"Considering that it would be in everyone's best interests, I am certain that I can at least convince him to help. As it stands, I am going to offer to look out for his child- and that goes a long way, I suspect." Jeremiah was not going to make the offer lightly that he would put himself at Sonny's call, no matter what.

"It's the only thing I can think of currently that might help us. We'll need to work out something that will not see them harmed. We've learned, after all, that anything truly is possible with magic- why not a way around this?"

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:26 pm
Shun just slowly nodded at both of those prospects. They needed that ring. And it really would be best if they could find a way around the whole needing to kill kids bit.

"Just as long as we have the will for it. Without any shreds of doubt or ill intention," he uttered.

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:26 pm
"Even if there's ill intention - as much as I would prefer there to not be - if majority is with us ..." Jeremiah trailed off, shaking his head. "We will be alright, though that would likely lead to potential side-effects. At this stage we don't need more unforeseen effects."

Blade Kuroda

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces