Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:27 pm
Name: Wynter Tivaci
User Image
xxxWynter: "Wynter is coming." The coldest season of the year. Bringing of renewal, or the rebirth of Spring.

xxxTivaci: A legendary Native American Wolf god of the Chemehuevi tribe.

Blood colour: Purpleblood █████ #6e14c1

Symbol: A Cresent Moon Paw User Image

Profile:

Wynter is an adventurous troll who will stop at nothing to seek the next great adventure. Be it hunting a new type of prey, or finding new hunting territory he will stop at nothing, even if it means putting himself in a risky situation. The young highblood loves to seek new thrills and challenges to push himself to his limits and beyond. Raised by his Muhther, he spends his nights traveling around the forest and the lower region of the mountains to order to hone his skills.

He was taught from an early age to never settle for the easy way out, as it teaches him to grow complacent which can get you killed. Wynter is rather insistent and does not easily give in. His tenacious and undying spirit coupled with his confidence and belief in his own innate talent and skill pushes him to be the best in all he does. As he has many resources at hand as a highblood, he rarely has to go without.

While domineering, Wynter uses this tactfully to go about guiding and leading others. The young troll is charming and uses his charismatic nature to inspire others. As a highblood he feels he must set a standard to be upheld to. Helping another troll achieve their full potential is something he aspires to do, and feels if he can coral another to a higher place it's worth being occasionally overbearing. Even if this means being firm with sometroll who doesn't listen, Wynter will only step down when authority is clearly not his to be delivered. Ultimately he means well. Wynter has a cool, calm confidence about him that helps him impress himself upon others. He does this as a means to get what he wants when he wants it.

Wynter's views on the hemospectrum are fairly straightforward. His lusus taught him fairly traditional views of Alternia. Highbloods are meant to be in power, while lowbloods are meant to be kept in their place. The caste system defines the foundation of society, without it, there would be no proper hierarchy and order to how things are run. Every troll, like his pack, has a place in the grand scheme of things. As Wynter frequently travels between his home and the city, he is keenly aware of the difference between those of different blood hue and the role they play in society.

The purpleblood views hunting as a way to gather resources naturally and is, more importantly, an enjoyable past time. Being able to bring down your own kill as opposed to buying sometrolls work for Wynter is a measure of pride. It is also a means of proving he can survive on his own if needed, as he likes to keep his skills sharp. While he does not have to rely on his own instincts to survive, he prefers to upkeep his survival knowledge.

The Hunts within the Four Fronds have their place, no matter how gruesome. Afterall, violence is a way of life on Alternia. Wynter primarily hunts for food-related reasons but does like hunting for sport. He has that luxury as a highblood. Given Wynter enjoys non-troll hunting for sport, he understands the tougher to hunt the better. By that logic, trolls are theoretically the toughest of all. Hunt Events are often broadcasted and meant to punish those who deserve it. While the hunts do make him uncomfortable, he understands this is a traditional form of Alternian justice. Wynter respects the tradition for those who truly deserve it. He does, however, think there are better ways to deal with criminals. Wynter wants to see a more fair way to dispense justice. He does not see the challenge or sport in it for those Hunting the criminals. They are weaponless, scared and running like wild beasts through the forest. In Wynter's mind, Justice should be meted out in one on one combat, or some other level playing field. It also means the winners have a chance at redemption and still provides worldwide entertainment.

He displays an exaggerated emphasis on the importance of rites and ceremonies. Everything has to be perfect, anything less is not good enough. That being said, things must also be done in a particular fashion, or his time is not being spent properly nor in a worthy fashion. He follows his packs hunting habits and forges and gathers frequently. This repetitive cycle makes it easy to track and find him, as he finds it hard to break habits on the fly.

Wynter takes traditions seriously and values maintaining his daily routines. These daily routines include taking trips to set and check traps. Wynter will repeatedly count objects and things to ensure he has everything right. Exercising to stay fit is extremely important to him. Wynter hunts for creatures pelts to make into hides and furs. Wynter also helps out with providing food for the pack when it is required. He also regularly goes on runs to keep himself active and push himself to get stronger. Being that he prefers to make his own arrows, fletching is another routine task he abides by. Wynter never wants to be without means to hunt with. Wynter also feels he must regularly sharpen the skinning knife his lusus gave him as a wiggling day present.

Not following his usual routines induces great amounts of anxiety and stress. There is an underlying superstitious fear he carries with him that misfortune and misery will befall his clan if he does not perform to the best of his ability. History is fascinating to the young purpleblood. He likes to learn, and lessons from the past he believes can help shape the future. While knowledge about the previous empire is limited, he hopes through his exploration to find and discover new and fascinating things about Alternia's past.

Due to his narrow-minded, ritualistic tendencies, he does not take kindly to foreign mindsets and points of views. Religion on Alternia is strange and usual, and therefore foreign to him. He views it suspicious. Wynter will respond by trying to bully and push others into following what he feels is right. Be this verbally or physically, he uses the fact he is a highblood to try and influence those around him.

Strengths:
User Image
Adventurous: The spirit of adventure burns brightly in this purpleblood. Wynter is brave and thrill-seeking. He is willing to take risks if it means finding new adventures. He loves to try out new methods, ideas, or experiences. Whether it's exploring the expanse of the Four Fronds, or learning a new hunting technique. He likes to sightsee and plans to explore all of Alternia one night. Being that he is courageous, he does not fear the unknown, he in facts embraces it as it promises new experiences and adventures beyond the ones he has already experienced.

Charasmatic: Wynter is outgoing and by no means shy about going out of his way to guide and lead others. His charismatic nature gets him what he wants and that's what matters to him. Wynter uses this charm and magnetism to help lead those around him. to Living in a pack, he has learned that the rule of the Alpha is absolute. As a highblood he feels he must set a standard to be upheld to. Helping another troll achieve their full potential is something he aspires to do, and feels if he can coral another to a higher place. He carries himself with confidence and helps solidify the fact he should be listened to. Wynter's feeling of self-assurance arises from the fact he knows of his own abilities and qualities.

Flaws:

Intolerant: Narrow-minded and equally short-tempered, Wynter does not hold his tongue if he feels another troll is in the wrong. He is not tolerant of views, beliefs, or behavior that differ from his own. If you disagree with him, he will find issue with it. Being petty and short with sometroll is normal for him. As is getting in other trolls face, and putting them in their rightful place. Wynter sees himself as being in the right given he is a highblood. His lusus raised him to be an alpha, which means his thoughts and opinions are what is best for those around him. He finds it extraordinarily difficult to respect others for their own opinions and does not willingly change for other trolls.

Obbsessive: This young hunter spends his time perfecting his hunting and skinning techniques to the point of obsession. Counting objects consumes his daily life, every tool and thing he owns must be accounted for. Everything has to be perfect, anything less is not good enough. That being said, things must also be done in a particular fashion, or his time is not being spent properly nor in a worthy fashion. It drives him to work harder, spending tireless amounts of time into his work. Wynter also displays an exaggerated emphasis on the importance of rites and ceremonies. He must follow his normal habitual cycle, without doing as such causes him great distress and anxiety. He is superstitious and believes misfortune will befall his clan if he doesn't push himself to be the best Alpha like Muhther wants.

Weapon: His primary weapon is a composite bow. His arrows are carried within a quiver. Wynter also has a backup skinner hunting knife for close combat.

Appearance: Wynter by nature is a hunter, and often spends his nights gathering and hunting. As a result, he tends to keep his grey hair medium length. He keeps a short section braided. At the end are a pair of light white and grey tipped feathers, they were from his first successful hunt. Wynter's horns curve up and outwards from his forehead, and thankfully do not impair his vision in any fashion.

His clothing is more closely fitted to easily maneuver around his territory.The one exception being the hide cloak he wears tied around his neck. The white and faint purple cloak belongs to one of his former pack mates. A large male wolf that was one of his Mother's children. After he passed away, she went looking for a troll of her own to care for. The drawstrings have two beads on the ends to keep the string from sliding into the hooded cape. He wears a purple tunic in his own blood color, along with a black undershirt and leggings. A pair of grey and black boots, along with a pair of gloves that have his symbol on the hands completes the outfit.

Home: On the outskirts of the Four Fronds, Wynter lives with his clan of wolves. While they live apart from the luxury of the city, the hive is easy to travel to and from the population vacation destination. There are trails and roads around the lake that lead into their section of the forest. The woods themselves are in a sense an entertainment attraction all their own. They live in a large cave that the pack has called home for generations.When Wynter was incorporated into the family, he had the drones make a few improvements to make it livable for the young troll. The cave is connected to his hive, a spacious tree-house fort.

The two locations can be moved between freely. It includes a spacious nutrition block, a lived in the living room. The howlbeast pups often chew on the furniture, unfortunately. A wall-mounted television and game station is kept off the ground to avoid damage to the electronics. He has a workshop for when he tans and skins his kills, and uses them to make blankets, clothing, and other various odds and ends for if he feels like making extra beetles for any reason. His resprtieblock is large enough the entire pack can come and join him if they so wish. Wynter has two different recuperacoon's, one within his hive and the other kept within the pack's den to stay close to them. The place is decked out with drawbridges and walkways connecting to a few smaller outposts he set up as watchtowers. The troll spends most of his time inside the den with his mother wolf.

Lusus: Alpha Muhther is an enormous wintery white wolf. As Muhther is a large beast, the weight of her troll does not impede her movement in any fashion. Alpha Muhther would not bat an eyelash at her child using her as a means to travel. While Wynter is physically fit, and can easily carry himself the pair can sometimes be found with him seated on her backside. This is merely for pure convenience and increased travel speed.

Right from the get-go once the boy was of age, Muther began teaching her troll son everything she knew about hunting. She wanted him to be resourceful, as well as know his place among his own species. That being said, she is keenly aware of her child's highblood status and bred him to be a proper alpha much like herself in the hopes he will one night be a leader. Muhther wanted to give him the best possible chance to succeed, this is why she tried to impart to him all that she knew.

Along with her mate, both are the leaders of a pack of howlbeasts that have inhabited the Four Fronds for many sweeps. Alpha Muhther views Wynter as her Pup, especially as he came into her life not long after one of her eldest passed away trying to provide for the clan. The wolfs hide was crafted into a cloak for her troll son to wear, as a sign of his now being one of their own.

While she is the leader of her pack, Muhther will do anything to keep her Pup safe. This all or nothing attitude is something Wynter admires and aspired to emulate even as a young wriggler. If you are strong enough you can protect what is yours. To the pack was a sign of healing for the grieving pack, Muhther sees Wynter as valuable and wants nothing more than to see her child happy. She finds it touching that he helps with caring for the younger packmates, but worries he isn't getting enough socialization with his own kind. Muhther will often hide, or misplace things so Wynter has a reason to go into the city for supplies. She wants to see him be more independent but finds it hard to push him away for fear he will become distressed or unhappy.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:46 pm
Hey hey!

I’m a bit confused as to the line “Wynter has chosen to live this more rural lifestyle, as it is comforting and familiar”. Previously you mention he has many resources, so I would assume that is his comfort zone. Can you clarify?

Dommenering -> Domineering?

What is Wynter’s nightly routine that he must abide by? Also, you mention that he’s fascinated by religious practices. What does this concern and how is it fascinating for him? (Same with history, but as far as religion on Alternia goes it’s very sparse). You mention that he doesn’t take kindly to foreign views/mindsets, but religion in that way is fairly unusual for Alternians.

The biggest thing I’m missing here are references to the shop setting. Four Fronds is a vacation/luxury city, so by “deep within Four Fronds” I am assuming that Wynter lives in the forest. This is where the hunts happen, which is a huge and unavoidable part of the Four Fronds experience, particularly the woods where it cannot be ignored. Please consider how this has affected him, his role in the hunts, and the other details about him this might influence. Additionally, consider what the difference for him is between the woods life and city life. Again, if he has resources fit for a highblood he likely is at least familiar with the city aspect of Four Fronds, so how does he function in that setting? I’m having a hard time envisioning where we might find him or what he may be doing in a non-wilderness setting, so unless that’s intentional (which will need to be expanded on) then that will need to be added.  

Sypon
Vice Captain

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:12 pm
Hey hey!

I decided to change some things up per our conversation on discord.

Yes i meant domineering woopse thanks.

Comfort zone wise being able to buy anything he wants makes it so he can spend as much time as he wants on whatever past time he sees fit. As he doesn't have to struggle/want for anything being able to perfect his skinning and arrow making craft makes it easier to enjoy hunting/tracking and being good at what he does. It also means he can invest in adventuring without being limited as well.

As for where he lives! I did a bit of an overhaul with this and hopefully found some common/middle ground. I went with him being more on the outskirts of the four fronds as a way of compromising between things. I took him from the heart of the forest to the outer territory to keep the sort of "away from society" stuff I have going on, but to make him more readily in tone/touch with society.

As a hunter for his hobbies/pastime, he views the four fronds Hunts as unnecessary. Why? It's not food related or resource gathering related. For sometroll, it may be a sport, but Wynter thinks there are better things to do than hunting down an unarmed troll. Aggression and violence are a normal part of life, but there are more effective ways to punish trolls as he sees it. Of course..unless sometroll plans to eat what they hunt..he sees it as pointless to hunt and kill something you aren't going to make use out of.

I'll also make sure to incorporate his awareness of society vs him enjoying being out and about in the wild. Wynter pushes himself to be worthy of his blood hue. Not being able to back up the claim he's good at something would be embarrassing to him.

I have to fix up a couple more things, but i already incorporated a lot of that into his profile. Once I'm done i'll go ahead and resubmit for a review :3c

Oh, I also took away the religion aspect as you did make a valid point religion is strange to him... he would find that confusing and find it very unusual/strange!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:42 pm
Hello! I have a small-ish crit.

While I don't think domineering is necessarily bad strength for a highblood because of their status, there are things about it that read potentially borderline for me. Bullying trolls doesn't seem like something that would make them all that happy to work for or with him. While lowbloods probably couldn't avoid it, other highbloods could potentially get belligerent/offended/etc.

I'd see if you can't reword some of this just a bit to make it less about being a bully and more about being a leader. Most of it reads okay, though.

saedusk
Crew

Dedicated Bunny

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:54 am
Ohai Sae!

I have changed domineering to charismatic c: I also updated the little part that goes with it in his personality section as i think that better fits what i was going for and still plays with the same concept/topic but makes it a little more universal.

otherwise hopefully that addresses everything!

saedusk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:25 pm
Following up Sae's crit, I don't see anything else that needs changing.

I summon thee, staff... awoo!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hivestuck

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

saedusk
Crew

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:19 pm
awoooo
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
Completed Quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games