Submit

Hobo Pixi

Divine Demigod

17,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:22 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Name: Meadow Tilkii (Tilki means Fox in Turkish)

Blood colour: #c17e14

Symbol: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Profile:

Meadow is a cowardly orangeblood that was raised by her PawPaw. However, he wasn't her first lusus. Her first lusus "abandoned" her when she was only a sweep old. Meadow has always assumed it was because she wasn't good enough. However, her previous lusus didn't make it back to their hive because it had been killed. Luckily, it wasn't long until she was adopted. She felt lucky, this time she had two lusii and their pack to raise her. When she was a few sweeps old, her tribe was attacked by a rival tribe of fox. It was very traumatic for the young orangeblood. The only survivors were her PawPaw and herself. She sometimes feels guilt from being too young to fight. PawPaw had grabbed her and ran with her. She learned from that day that when things get tough, running was the answer.

Now Meadow spends her time running around the forest and collecting anything she can deem as useful; unique stones or gems are her favorite things to collect. Making weapons or jewelry is one of her hobbies and favorite pass times. She is also a fan of climbing things and adventuring safely through the forest. She enjoys the idea of testing her limits so long as it doesn't hurt her. Since she isn't very brave and lacks confidence, her idea of testing her limits are more like... being able to climb to the top of the mountain. If it starts to become too hard, she will give up. Which makes the orangeblood confidence fall even farther than it was before. At moments like these, she seeks out PawPaw for growls and grunts of encouragement. Failure is something that deeply affects Meadow because it further confirms to herself that she is worthless and useless.

The hemospectrum is something she has slowly picked up on her own since her PawPaw was unfamiliar with it. Occasionally, Meadow goes to the city to get a better understanding of the world outside her forest. Troll watching was always interesting to her. One thing she noticed quickly is that there was some sort of caste system based off of blood color. Her lusus didn't teach her of the hemospectrum, she observed it in the city over time. She was considered a lowblood... less than the higher bloods. To her, that sounded ridiculous but that is just how life is. Being an orangeblood, she spent some time watching other orangebloods interact with other trolls. She wasn't exactly sure how the whole spectrum works but she did get an understanding that she was considered a low blood. Over the last few sweeps, Meadow has a way better understanding of the hemospectrum but doesn't really agree with it. Why would one's blood color show one's worth? For now, this isn't something that really bothers her since she lives a fairly quiet life without much troll interaction.

That being said, Meadow isn't really socially equip. While she knows the basics from watching troll life, she isn't very proficient in more than that. That being said, she has also learned enough to know her place in the caste outside of her forest hiveden. Meadow can be very blunt at times and tends to question a lot of things. "Why are you wearing that?" "Why do you smell like fruit?" Stuff like that. Learning new things is something that has always fascinated the cowardly troll, even if she prefers to observe from afar. For her, normal troll life is foreign and very bizarre. One thing she finds rather disturbing is the orphaners. From what she understood is that there were hunters that hunted lusii to feed a bigger lusus... She doesn't really understand more than that. What she does understand is how it feels to lose a lusus. One of Meadow's goals is to one day have a place for trolls who have lost their lusus to go and learn to be self-sufficient and independent like her... She wanted to help care for them.

Another troll tradition that is unsettling to Meadow, perhaps more than the Orphaners, is that troll hunt events.This affects her 100% more than the Orphaners since the hunts take place in the forest that she lives in. During hunts, Meadow's PawPaw made it very clear to stay hidden in their hive to avoid being mistaken as one of the hunted trolls. At this time, PawPaw stay very close to his kin and is very protective. Meadow has seen the hunts and is disturbed by them. This is because she believes hunting is only for survival needs... not a game. She understands why the hunts happen but she certainly doesn't agree with them.... especially since it adds even more danger to the Four Fronds than what is already there.

For the most part, Meadow is pretty alone. PawPaw never really seems to be with the orangeblood even though he is always watching his kitling. The exception to this, is if there is a hunt going, as mentioned before. The other exception is the two days a sweep that PawPaw takes his Kitling out and they spend time together... hunting together, training together and other various activities. PawPaw does this to evaluate his Kitling's progress in skills as well as her mental state. That being said, other than those two exceptions, PawPaw is a firm believer on letting his kitling learn life for herself. This isn't something that bothers Meadow. In fact, she strives on being able to be independent. It helps make her feel worthy. She does not yet realize, she is already well on her way with her self-sufficient way of going about her everyday life.

Strengths:
Self-sufficient - Growing up in the Four Fronds, Meadow had to learn to be self-sufficient. Sure, she has her lusus to help her but PawPaw said something about giving a fish to his kitling will feed her for a day but if he teaches his kitling to fish, she can eat anytime. That is something that the orangeblood has taken to her pumpbiscuit. PawPaw has taught her to hunt, navigate the forest and defend herself. Anything else Meadow needs, she obtains through whatever means. She does not yet recognize this also makes her independent. When slipping into the city, theft is one way she is able to obtain tools or food that she needs. Her hiveden was even built by her over three sweeps. If there is anything that Meadow needs, she doesn't ask PawPaw for it... she does it herself.

Improvisational - PawPaw never really taught Meadow about tools or traps; she learned that on her own out of necessity. Work smarter, not harder. Meadow excels at improvising on the spot, rather than planning ahead. Her ingenuity makes her more readily able to survive in the harsh world of Alternia. She is quick to learn and pick up new skills or knowledge. Additionally, because she is able to spontaneously preform, she can execute her task at hand even under pressure. Meadow knows how to put her plans into action, and is quick to devise crafty ways to solve her problems.

Flaws:
Cowardice - There are many things Meadow fears in life, especially after seeing her first pack be snuffed out. She is fearful of having that happen to PawPaw. While she doesn't fear death, she fears pain and loss. The orangeblood isn't a troll that will willingly move towards danger; rather, she will run from it. Bravery is something that Meadow believes to be stupid. Why throw your life away when the probability of living is low? Just because she can fight, doesn't mean she won't turn tail and run. Meadow is the type to run when things go south. This is not only when involving violence but also in relationships. It is hard to make friends, allies or anything involving social interaction for Meadow. This mentality also means she misses out regularly due to her inability to let go and trust others.

Insecure - Part of the reason Meadow is such a coward is that she doesn't believe she is strong enough or good enough to protect her lusus should he need it... or if she needs it. Guilt eats at her from not being able to help protect her former tribe from their fates. Not to mention when she was abandoned... she believes it's because she wasn't good enough for her old lusus's love. Meadow believes that she can always be or do better than she is or has done, even if she is already doing a great job. For example, she spent three sweeps trying to perfect her hiveden... but no matter how much she adds to it, it has never been enough. No matter how safe she makes her hiveden, the orange blood never really feels safe. She will never be good enough, she will never be safe.

Weapon:
Slingshot for range and a spear with close combat.

Appearance:
Meadow is a fairly short troll with antler-like horns that form some sort of headband on her head. She has fluffy light black hair with flowers that are on her horns. She always wears the pelt of her dearly departed mother lusus with a black frilly shirt. On the shirt is her symbol that looks almost like a staff. She wears shorts with frills at the bottom and brown boots. She has two accessories, one being a series of bracelets and the other being an orange crystal that she found with her mother lusus while she was still alive.

Home:
Meadow lives in the forest in the Four Fronds. She and her Paw Paw have made their home in a well-hidden area in the forest. A hidden hole in the ground shows to the hiveden that the orange blood calls hers. Meadow has scavenged for odds and ends that the hive needed for PawPaw and herself. The shell of the old hive already existed, the pair took great care to make it their own, and personalized it. It has three bedroom areas, a nutrition block, living room, bathroom and a storage area. In Meadows room, there is a large pile of pelts and other fluff. There is also her recuperacoon and a small little dresser that she roughly built to keep her clothes in. All in all, her hiveden is a cozy little place that she lives in. It is set up so that water doesn't get into her hive when it rains and she has three doors total to get in and out.... in which, all entrances are well hidden.

Lusus:
Meadow's PawPaw is a giant fox creature that as little sprites that circle it. He has a huge claw scar marking on his side and a scar over his eye from defending Meadow from the invasion of the other fox tribe when she was younger. PawPaw has taught Meadow everything she knows about hunting, traveling and defending herself. The fox creature wasn't able to give her much insight on the hemospectrum since he, himself, wasn't really familiar with what it was. PawPaw also pushes his kitling to fend for herself and be independent. He is very proud of his charge and doesn't care that she is a coward, he loves her no matter what. He doesn't hold her accountable to what happened to his mate... or his tribe. He is happy that he was able to protect and defend his and his mate's kitling. Meadow adores her PawPaw and is very close with him despite only really seeing him when it's time to eat or sleep. She trusts that he is always there when she needs him. While she doesn't see him while she travels and roams the forest, she can always smell, hear and feel that he is watching.

Power: One day.... ooooooone day I will have her shapeshift ;;  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:29 pm
Hallo!

Lusii in our shop have a very distinct need to protect their trolls, so it’s not likely that a lusus would abandon their troll. Would it be possible that her lusus was unable to take care of her/was otherwise incapacitated/died and she had assumed that she wasn’t good enough? I’m thinking this plot thread makes sense for her social development and her traits of insecurity, but just trying to hammer out the lusus specifics smile

I’d like a little more commitment on the front of Meadow testing her limits and giving up. It seems as though the balance of the two is leading to her staying in her comfort zone, which could be a strong trait… Or, go into how she may react to if she has ‘failed’ at testing her limits. Is it something that really affects her, and if so how?

The biggest issue I’m having right now is that Meadow lives in a part of Alternia that’s rife with a very intrusive Alternian custom: forest hunts. Even in a hidden area of the forest, she will likely have seen many trolls and have been in danger from the hunting games. You’ll need to incorporate this into her upbringing and profile!

On that note, the concept of the hemospectrum should be something that Meadow would know if she knew about Orphaners. The idea of Orphaners is, after all, a bit less obvious and more complicated than the hemospectrum. If she’s going out and troll-watching in the cities, and even stealing/obtaining supplies from cities, I’d say she’d have a bit better of an idea of at least the social basics.  

Sypon
Vice Captain

Hobo Pixi

Divine Demigod

17,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:45 am
Sypon
Hallo!

Lusii in our shop have a very distinct need to protect their trolls, so it’s not likely that a lusus would abandon their troll. Would it be possible that her lusus was unable to take care of her/was otherwise incapacitated/died and she had assumed that she wasn’t good enough? I’m thinking this plot thread makes sense for her social development and her traits of insecurity, but just trying to hammer out the lusus specifics smile

I’d like a little more commitment on the front of Meadow testing her limits and giving up. It seems as though the balance of the two is leading to her staying in her comfort zone, which could be a strong trait… Or, go into how she may react to if she has ‘failed’ at testing her limits. Is it something that really affects her, and if so how?

The biggest issue I’m having right now is that Meadow lives in a part of Alternia that’s rife with a very intrusive Alternian custom: forest hunts. Even in a hidden area of the forest, she will likely have seen many trolls and have been in danger from the hunting games. You’ll need to incorporate this into her upbringing and profile!

On that note, the concept of the hemospectrum should be something that Meadow would know if she knew about Orphaners. The idea of Orphaners is, after all, a bit less obvious and more complicated than the hemospectrum. If she’s going out and troll-watching in the cities, and even stealing/obtaining supplies from cities, I’d say she’d have a bit better of an idea of at least the social basics.

Fixed.... I think?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:20 am
Hey Hobo!

Gonna do my best to follow-up Sypon's crit, though you'll need an official staff response regarding the lusus situation. I'm not sure about multiple lusii but on different occasions for one troll (though we do have swarm and other types of lusii that come in the form of more than one so I'm inclined to think it's okay). Anyway, let's get into it!

Overall her profile looks good to me. I like her consistency regarding her self worth. Given that she's self-sufficient, does she take any pride in her ability to be independent? Or does she not yet recognise that?

"Clever" and "Intelligent" are strengths that we generally try to lean away from, since intelligence can come in multiple forms. In addition, at the moment it reads a bit like self-sufficient. On the flip side, her "Cowardice" flaw seems like a strength to me, given her lowblooded status. It seems to work in her favour as she's not prone to do anything that would endanger her. Self preservation is definitely a good thing. If it were up to me, I'd bump that up to replace "Clever" and reevaluate her second flaw. But you do you!

It's fine if she has two weapons (as a lot of trolls do) but later down the line, having one weapon listed as the primary will be useful for art/mechanic bonuses.

And that's all I got!

Hobo Pixi

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

Hobo Pixi

Divine Demigod

17,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:59 pm
In regards to the multiple lusi, there are geese, bees, swarm-type like you mentioned yes. For Meadow, her main lusii was the father, and it still is. PawPaw simply had a mate and pack that also looked after her as it was a family unit. As of now, she only has one lusus anyways.

She does not yet recognize the fact that her self-sufficiency makes her independent!

As for her Cowardice, this is a major flaw because it disables her from being able to properly socialize with others. Her cowardice makes it hard to make friends, allies or anything involving social interaction. Clever was chosen as she is quick to pick up on things,

While I understand that normally this would be considered a strength because she is considered a lowblood, under these circumstances, I truly do believe this would be considered a flaw.

For now, Meadow hasn't decided what weapon to favor, and will as she moves into her teen years.

Green Minuet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:37 am
Hobo Pixi

Great! Go ahead and elaborate those two traits in your app, as you did in your response!  

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

Hobo Pixi

Divine Demigod

17,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:08 am
Green Minuet

That should include everything now, Self-sufficient, cowardice, and clever all were added to, as well as elaborating that in her personality. c:  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:09 pm
Hobo Pixi

Long time, no crit!

I'm still not sold on "Clever" or "Cowardice". Clever is currently reading a lot like "Self-Sufficient". The bit you have towards the end, seems like it might be building towards her ability to improvise? I think that could fit for her, but I don't want to put words in your mouth. As it is right now however, it's not working.

"Cowardice" has the same problem it did before. Only the last line adds anything new.

I also realised that if she built her own hive, she would not have access to sopor slime. Consider having her move into an abandoned old hive and renovating it to suit her needs? It's also a little more feasible than having a kid build their own house, unless it's just like... a hole in the ground with sticks over it, lol.

That's all!

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

Hobo Pixi

Divine Demigod

17,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:59 pm
Hey c:

Clever has been changed to Improvisatinal. Additionally I have gone into details about this strength.

Cowardice was cleaned up and more accurately portrays the way it makes for a flaw.

Lastly I updated the hive to include more about her scavenging and how they have added to, and made the hive theirs. That touches on the 4 areas mentioned in your crit!
Green Minuet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:17 pm
Thanks so much, Hobo!

With that, I think she looks good to go! Please stand by for staff~.

Hivestuck

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

saedusk
Crew

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:42 pm
Completed Quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games