azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:16 pm
Jeremiah was waiting for him at the stone beach in Ashdown (not it's spooky doppelganger), phone in hand as he read over something. There was, with the Charter done with and the Hunter as well, other things that needed to be focused upon.

It wasn't just the fact that they had only a few months left but also that the old cage needed to be seen too and the fact that their new sigil was, potentially, going to hold up for so long.

His thumb slid across his phone, still reading before a stylus was pulled out and a few notes made.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:41 pm
Quietly, Shun stepped onto the beach, approaching Jeremiah after having been contacted for a meeting. His hands were in his pockets as he looked out towards the shore.

He merely gave the Chief of Police a curt nod, rather than a verbal greeting. And such, he waited to hear what he had to say.

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:55 am
"It'll be a bit longer," said Jeremiah once he finally spoke, "before we can get you cleared back for duty." Even with hm pushing, the man that was brought in seemed to have holes in his memory and-

Well.

It wasn't easy but it would be done.

"Otherwise, it looks like the magic is beginning to stabilize and calm down."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:00 am
Shun twitched in irritation at that news. He didn't like how long it was taking, but there wasn't much he could do about it. The system could be painfully slow with some things. In the very least, the bag with the original high power rifle used against Jeremiah had been found.

But he had to wonder just how long it would be before Kaitou decided to make his next move. He was going to need to be vigilant.

"Have you noticed anything different yet?" he asked. The main thing for him was it was very difficult to get to the other side. Since he wasn't differentiated, he didn't really have a way of knowing what changes were made or being made yet.

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:50 pm
"Besides that chronomancy doesn't affect me? No." Jeremiah was, in fact, at a low level of scruff and it was coming back. At least he was not sporting the babyface anymore because that had been problematic. "I assume that may be due to ... something that's changed in regards to the nobility but I can't say for sure."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:23 pm
Shun blinked at that. Had Eve tried something on Jeremiah? He wasn't aware of too many other sources of chronomancy right now.

"Right. Well I hope none of the changes are particularly... problematic. We do not really have a lot of time to be dilly dallying with figuring out what the hell happened to a chunk of our population. "

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:27 pm
"No, we don't. When the magic appropriately settles and we know the results, it's time to get back onto working towards the breaking of the original Sigil. Bad enough we dragged this world into it." HIs fingers flicked and the tablet in hand disappeared away.

"With only so many months left, we have to get it done. Thankfully, we've leads on just about everything. It's simply a matter of gathering the pieces."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:14 am
Shun's gaze darkened as he stood by, "And nobility is likely still the only way to persist through a reset..."

He would prefer that they break the cycle, but time was fleeting. He wasn't sure if they would be able to get it down within the next few months, when they've apparently spent many cycles trying to figure this out already.

"I... may have a little more information on Sunny's origins."

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:51 pm
"Only if we do not find ourselves limited," replied Jeremiah. As he knew that, with the creation of the new Charter, things of that sort could change. "The intent and will of all those present will have shaped things. Though if we put an end, the Charter will not matter anymore."

An eyebrow raised, Jeremiah noting the difference of the name. "More than being an unforeseen side effect of the creation of our Cage?"

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:24 pm
"Yes... I am aware, but it is a matter of having a contingency."

Shun nodded to the next question.

"Possibly, yes. I am not certain how much is true... but this was told to me by Liam, who is the one from this world. Not the one we knew," he started, "According to him, our Sunny was created as a sort of aftershock after their attempts to create Ascension."

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:21 pm
Jeremiah, for the moment, seemed more focused on the fact that Liam was not from their world. "What?" He turned entirely towards Shun, eyes bright. "What do you mean this world? I had suspicions that Renard was potentially of this world but Liam was-"

Breaking off, he went silent as realization seemed to dawn on him. "The prison he was within, it must have changed him back. Liam Noor was, before he was trapped within that magic prison, of our world. The prison was looking for traitors and holding them for judgement but instead it changed him ..." It was not a tablet that appeared but a notebook this time with a pen attached that he quickly opened and wrote within. Jeremiah glanced up; back to the topic at hand. "Wait- our Sunny is ... merely a side effect of the creation of their Sonny? How so?"

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:58 pm
"Yes. I am fairly certain that the two Liams have switched places again. Sonny said that their father was acting normal once more, and this was more solidified when I spoke with him," he nodded, "He and Renard knew of alternate universes existing. Ones that were far less stable... like ours. Ascension had been created with the intention of creating a safeguard against a world collision. When they were made, Sunny was born in our world, and the Other World was formed here."

Shun rubbed his face.

"He said when they were born, a sort of ripple had been cause throughout the universes. They are different, but still linked on a quantum level or something like that."

He furrowed his brow.

"I do not fully understand it, but this was the explanation he gave. Which... sort of makes sense on some level if you think about Sunny's death and who some of our potential suspects are. Ascension had also been made with the magical potential of all their 'lost sisters'. Also if they were to ward off possible collisions... if Sunny appeared here first... it may have been an incoming sign. Or something."

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:51 am
"They are magic, even in this world, so that makes sense. Though ..." His head tilted, as if he was trying to wrap his mind around this. "That would seem to imply that our world may not have even gone down the path it did had they not given birth to Sonny."

Were they stuck in a self-perpetuating loop? Who knew.

"Sisters?" Jeremiah seemed to focus in on that. "Was there-" A brief pause. "Was anything mentioned about more than just our Sunny? If there are other worlds, other sisters, then who's to say we're the first collision. Especially given that Sonny may have been involved in the Sunny's death. Remember? The girl who was killed? The one that looked like Sunny? Back in the 1920s."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:32 am
Shun nodded, "Liam mentioned if they had succeeded the first time, they would have preferred as such. It took him and Renard fifteen years of work to actually create Ascension."

It was certainly a curious thought. Ascension had been created to prevent these collisions, but ended up facilitating it instead.

"...Yes. I recall that. If that was another world colliding into this one, I have to wonder if they managed to actually stop some people from coming in or if there were those here from that world as well..."

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:08 pm
"Yes, Renard ... spoke some of that when I talked with him. It's why I came to the conclusion he was not our Renard. Too many things he said did not add up at all."

His shoulders rolled a bit before he nodded. "We've no idea. If all of their sisters are tied to them-" Jeremiah just shook his head. The idea was ridiculous. "On the topic of Sunny, however, I am in the process of working on getting her body. Preacher got the location from Sonny. Another one of the pieces down, though I have to speak to Liam about another which is a bit problematic now that he is no longer our Liam."

Blade Kuroda

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces