[COMPLETE] Home Base Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:03 pm
    Well, there went the Burning Man. Shiloh was still in his 'tired but doing his duties or whatever' mode, so he at least made it a point to acknowledge Silk and Odal in turn. His exposed arm had since been covered with a swath of flora, the clovers clinging to his skin delicately. "If there's anything you guys need help with, I'm still in mostly working order." Shiloh looked tired, but he was scrappy. "I just wanna get this stuff moving as soon as possible is all." He looked around to everyone else, exhausted and worn, and his eyes fell upon Jamie and Kaleb again, and then to his brother. "If not, then I wanna go check on Beel and Melany and the remaining deer siblings..."

He sighed, the sound coming out in a short little puff of air.

Oliver meanwhile was staring at Odal like he was a goddamn atrocity, Geeze Horace, that fetch almost has worse fashion sense than you, though the tone was so much more relaxed and so much more lighthearted than before. "I can't believe we did that, somehow..."

His tail wiggled under the weird cult robes. "Are you going to want to stay Eli? I mean, I'm going to since I have to sign my thumbprint away and stuff..."

Speaking of—with the charter destroyed, did he...?

shibrogane
ollies checking his thumb just out of curiosity, shiloh @ fetches

saedusk

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:20 pm
Young lady? That gave Eve some pause: she was in her damned 40's. But she realized the fetches here could be decades to thousands of years older.

"I see... so that all makes sense. Thank you, Odal. The tea is in the canister over there somewhere, if one among you would like it for later on. I'd brought it as a tribute to all your work anyway." A shrug. There'd been no harm in asking.

She would have to rely on Leila to get around until then. It would be undignified and embarassing, but she would bear it.  

cibarium
Crew

Noob

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:42 pm
At least there was hugs. It was so much easier to deal with fountains of s**t when there were hugs. With a bit of effort, Jamie wiggled in Shiloh's arms so he was able to grab hold of Kaleb, too. Honestly, he could've kept this up forever, but there were things to do and people to see. He accepted his kiss and Shiloh's leave as graciously as he could.

Not that he was going far, but...

"What do you want me to do?" he asked Shiloh. "Should I stay here?"

Melancholies
have some
Grey Dragon
BEST HUGS

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:45 pm
Funny, that. Though Oliver was beaming his thoughts in Horace's direction, Elliot couldn't help but think the same thing. With their friend decked out in a boring black robe, he wasn't the brightest dressed in the room for once.

"Of course I'm staying, darling," he said, turning his attention away from Odal. "I'm certainly not going to leave you two to fend for yourselves."

Melancholies
The Semblance of Unity

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Ephebe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:55 pm
All things considered, Nazriya was pretty sure she'd only make a mess if she tried to help with the Charter. And quite honestly the whole experience had been rather overwhelming, so she took the chance to leave.

(( sorry crappy phone tag!!))  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:03 pm
With the appearance of Silk and Odal, Jeremiah shifted and nodded. The disappearance of the Burning Man actually eased a line of tension in his shoulders he was not aware that he was carrying.

"It'll be fine," Jeremiah replied, "if only because of the nature of this place. Though, I can also make sure that both you and Tucker are within Ashdown for the necessary check in times for the monitors." The look he was giving Shun, however, implied that they would need to have a talk. Possibly a long one.

His fingers squeezed Cass's. "There's rooms prepared, so I think a nap can be arranged for everyone. We need to be well rested to do what needs to be done now." A glance towards Algie told him that his husband would likely prefer to rest and, were Jeremiah honest, he was still stretched thin even with the rush of energy. At least now he knew himself capable of moving groups but it was tiring.

There was still things to do but they were so close ...

iloveyouDIE

demon_pachabel

Blade Kuroda

Daekie

Another time, Nasir might have wanted to speak with Odal. To learn what he could but- "Some of us are tired and likely worn out from so much magic use, is there ... clothing that could be provided as well for those staying?" The court magic usually took care of clothing so it couldn't be much of a stretch, right? Right now he did not want to focus on trying to make some kind of clothing from nothing, instead he was still trying to make sure Alexis did not pass back out.

Not that he wasn't tugging off what remained of his burnt shirt to cover them up.

shibrogane

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:06 pm
Despite Shiloh's soothing words, Kaleb kept his face buried in his arms as he sat up and hugged his knees to his chest, curling up in a spindly little ball. He didn't feel like any of the comfort was warranted, in his mind he simply couldn't outrun his flaws, and collapsing like that in front of his friends was undeserving of kindness.

But when he felt Jamie hugging him too, it was like the kindness just... sank in anyway. Somehow it got past the walls of self-loathing he had hastily put up, and softened the edges of his painful thoughts.

Kaleb's whole body seemed to relax, still except for the occasional sniffly hiccup.

Melancholies

saedusk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:05 pm
Oh, c'mon, Olliebee, that henley is cute. He turned to the both of them, letting out a pent up breath. "I can't believe we managed to do that, like... all of it." Horace could hug the both of them, but he was still half-afraid of shocking them, so he settled for pushing a feeling of appreciation at them both and a huge grin.

"Ollie's right, Ellie - you don't have to stay, but I can't say I'm unhappy you are staying." Far from it. Of course, he still felt guilty about drawing Eli into everything, but the presence of the other man was reassuring. "I'm feeling too breezy; I'm going to see about clothing and stuff. I'll be back - don't leave." Shocks be damned, he reached out and squeezed their hands briefly before heading towards the fetch congregation.

He walked briskly over to Odal and Silk. "Hi Silk, Odal." He almost stumbled over the name, dipping his head towards them both. "I know you guys aren't the ones handling clothing, but do you know who I might be able to bother for them? My shirt's gone gone, though." He could still feel Oliver and Elliot, he wore, in the back of his mind like a song that never left.

"And do you guys need help with anything? Not that I'm stellar with magi, but -" At that moment, Nugget finally returned to Horace, flopping on top of his head. He reached up to scratch the furry dude. Ugh, he was going to have to apologize to Melany and explain everything. "Also, Silk, the, uh - consent sheet I brought in my shirt? He was trying to get Melany to blood it. It's a moot point now, but I thought you should know."

melancholies
saedusk
shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:20 pm
"All we require from you is rest, Lord Shiloh," said Silk. Oliver's examination of his thumb yielded the knowledge that he did, still, lack his thumbprint. "With your permission revoked already, all that's left is the destruction of the original documents, but the reconfiguration will be magically stressful as well, so please don't hesitate to ask if there's something you need."

"It will be in the rooms," said Odal to Nasir. "Or you can conjure it, if you do not wish to wait. Unfortunately, sizing would be a concern in this space, especially since we've begun to strip the separation between this space and the ones below it..."

Odal turned to look at Horace, and his easy smile ******** vanished. For a second, he looked like the whole world had just collapsed around his ears. Then he ran a hand over his jaw--like Silk, he had full flesh, and looked almost as human as any of the visitors--and said, "Ah, I think Lace volunteered. Her noble isn't around very often and she enjoys playing dress up."

Silk said, "We washed the clothes you wore, the ones that could be salvaged."

The two fetches were very easy around each other. Silk had always had an air of untouchability around her, but she elbowed Odal with a joking smile and said, "It's odd, Dal, but doesn't he look like you?"

That ******** collapsed look on Odal's face again. "Yeah," he said.

Melancholies
azuredreams
The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:28 pm
"You washed them?" Horace looked vaguely horrified at the thought of someone else having to wash his colorful underwear. "Uh, I mean, thank you. I liked those clothes." He plucked at ceremonial robe.

At her joking-ness, he frowned a bit. "I know I wear bright clothing, Silk, but c'mon. I'm the soberest-ly dressed one in the room right now." Horace pushed his glasses up and wrinkled his nose at her, then glanced at Odal. That was not the expression he expected to see. "Sorry - that was rude. I like your shirt and I tend to wear colorful stuff, too."

"That reminds me, I have something to ask you, Silk, after we're done with all... this. But it can wait."

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:37 pm
"Nasir," Alexis said, somehow managing to be irritated even though a minute before they'd looked like they'd had a terrible wrestling match with a forest fire. (They still did, but they no longer had any blood where it shouldn't be. Now it just looked like a moderately bad fire-wrestling match.) "Sorry, uh - Odal? Don't want t'be a bother, but."

Alexis put one of their hands down wrong on the ground, trying to readjust their position, and went white with pain for a few seconds. "Don't know where the rooms are. Probably can't make it there without passin' out, anyways." They grinned, but it was just a shadow of their adrenaline high. "Could use a little help, if you'd like."

shibrogane
azuredreams

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:43 pm
Whatever Odal was going to say to Horace was swallowed up by a momentary flash of irritation. Had Alexis completely missed what he said to Eve, seemed to be the message conveyed by the look on his face. "Felt? An assistant for the girl?"

Poor Felt was running all over the place. Ah well, at least someone was working on Eve's chair now. In a cosmic joke, Wick soon appeared near Alexis to guide them to one of the rooms.

"I have a little bit of time," said Silk. "Not much, to be sure, but if it's a question you'd like answered, I can."

The Semblance of Unity
Daekie

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:47 pm
Horace shook his head. "No, it's best asked in private probably. I just need help finding someone at court. But, yeah, not as pressing as all this." He gestured to the mess of, well, everything. "Thanks, though - for letting us downstairs earlier." He spied Felt and gave the busy fetch a wave.

"Next time I come by I'll bring something more than just my sorry self."

shibrogane

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:24 pm
"We match," Alexis laughed when it was Wick of all people who came to assist them; he was stronger than he looked, and just stared at them unimpressed as they tried to get up, "we match-" Then they devolved into whimpering, trying to get their legs under them, for a few seconds before Wick realized it would be easier and faster to just carry them there instead of providing nominal walking aid.

It wasn't like they weighed that much, after all. He'd done it before.

(They rested their head against his shoulder and thought about that burning-bright point of light, trying to make it hurt less, as he carried them to their lodgings.)  

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:43 am
FINAL PHASE IS UP  
ashdown