Welcome to Gaia! ::

Displaced Final Fantasy / KH Remnants

Back to Guilds

A place for final fantasy & KH fans still on gaia that would like to reconnect / meet 'new' fans. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Square Enix, Roleplay, Cosplay 

Reply Displaced Final Fantasy Fans
Remember those KH Clan Tags? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Swords and Hair Gel
Vice Captain

Fashionable Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:04 am
DreamyMarly
I remember some years ago people used these fancy clan tag names, like Wayfinder X (replace x with a kh name), and so on.
What happened to the peeps that used to cosplay, hang out in towns n stuff? I still haven't seen any cosplayers where-ever I go. Kinda sad n bumming me out sad

For a while, when I first came back to Gaia on my Riku account, the ONLY cosplayers I saw around were my own alts. Then for a while it was my alts and Sora's alts and Roxafox's alts. The three of us were like the entire KH community as far as we could tell for a while. We only had each other to talk to and every time we talked to another KH character, it was either 1) inactive/didn't reply/whatever or 2) just a cosplayer who didn't RP and that's pointless in my opinion, might as well talk to a regular avatar if I just want the old normal "Hi, what's up?" / "Not much, how about you?"

I guess people may still be around but it's just hard to find them. People USED to use interest tags correctly. You would just put your character's name and the game/anime as interest tags and then people could find you through the keyword search.

We don't do the matching usernames. My experience with the matching names has never been positive. It makes people feel excluded and "not part of the group" or not a real friend if they don't have the matching name, etc. Sometimes I manage to steal a really good character name and I don't want to change it just to fit some group. And then you end up with "Well you can't be in our group because we already have your character" or else end up with two identical-named people and then you can't tell who is who, and if one person pisses you off you think the other innocent person is either the same guy or the same guy's alt. Basically I'm just not a fan of the name game thing. I don't think people should have groups in the first place. If we're all cosplaying/RPing the same franchise then we should ALL be in the same "group" automatically. I don't see the point in people putting themselves into little cliques. Then you can't be friends with/be a part of two "groups" at once and it's just stupid to me. I don't like it.

Sora and I have matching unicorns that represent wedding bands since our characters are married on Gaia but it only says so only in forums. I like that but not when it spreads to entire groups and then they get mad at anyone else who is wearing their item, etc. You make a nice little collection of matching avatars in Towns but why? Why be set apart from all the other cosplayers and be in your own little elite corner? Why not just join everyone else who is all doing the same game?

Anyway I'm ranting. Long story short is most of the matching groups I've been around felt snobby and I just felt excluded and like I wasn't really their friend because of my name/avatar items. I just don't get why people want to put up walls and barriers and separate themselves instead of embracing each other. It puts people in a situation of "Well I play ____ but all these cosplay groups already have that character so I need to find a group of my own..." and you end up with lost lonely people who don't belong anywhere and it pisses me off. Cosplay/roleplay should bring people together on the internet, not alienate them. Just by HAVING a cosplay avatar, you should automatically be a part of all cosplay on Gaia, not end up quitting because you couldn't find your own group/family/etc.

I'm done now, sorry.

Anyway that was the point of this guild in the first place. We were the only CP/RP people we knew and wondered if others were roaming around out there looking for us like we were looking for them. We should forget the dumb groups and just ALL band together with the same common interest.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:52 am
DreamyMarly
I remember some years ago people used these fancy clan tag names, like Wayfinder X (replace x with a kh name), and so on.
What happened to the peeps that used to cosplay, hang out in towns n stuff? I still haven't seen any cosplayers where-ever I go. Kinda sad n bumming me out sad

I used to be apart of 3 of the KH clans and like 1 FF clan way back then the Fated family was my most recent one sadly like the other it all fell apart do to ingroup drama. Virtous was another group I was apart of cant really remember the last two but I was a Vincent cosplayer/Roleplayer in one of the old clans. thier were two people I remember back then, who I wish I can talk to again they were pretty cool if by a small chance they are still on gaia and in this guild hey Tifa Senpai(or Sempai ) and LonelyCloudStrife how've you two been? smile  

Kampfer Crimson

Partying Streaker

Riku Redeemed
Vice Captain

Devoted Friend

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:03 am
Kampfer Crimson
DreamyMarly

I used to be apart of 3 of the KH clans and like 1 FF clan way back then the Fated family was my most recent one sadly like the other it all fell apart do to ingroup drama. Virtous was another group I was apart of cant really remember the last two but I was a Vincent cosplayer/Roleplayer in one of the old clans. thier were two people I remember back then, who I wish I can talk to again they were pretty cool if by a small chance they are still on gaia and in this guild hey Tifa Senpai(or Sempai ) and LonelyCloudStrife how've you two been? smile

You should probably quote them to get their attention. It's hard to keep a group active since nobody knows anything is being posted if they don't deliberately swing by every day to check in. Maybe we should send out weekly announcements with a list of all the recent topics. That sends a PM to all the members and could let everybody know we're still around.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:08 am
Overdrive OP heart  

Makoah

Divine Demigod

Kampfer Crimson

Partying Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:50 am
Makoah
Overdrive OP heart

I remember the OverDrive family you all were everywhere in towns 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:39 am
Riku the Dark Pancake
Kampfer Crimson
DreamyMarly

You should probably quote them to get their attention. It's hard to keep a group active since nobody knows anything is being posted if they don't deliberately swing by every day to check in. Maybe we should send out weekly announcements with a list of all the recent topics. That sends a PM to all the members and could let everybody know we're still around.

Sounds like a good plan but consider this: Who all on here is actually active anymore? I mean I know I'm new here and whatnot but from what I've seen there's not much going on in the conversation department in terms of opinionated variety(if that made any sense haha).

Is there any way to try and broadcast the guild in open chat forums or something like that? Maybe with the new dissidia game that just came out there might be a few out there that wouldn't mind us waving our banner around for enrollment.

Just my thoughts of course.  

Renzoil

Invisible Bloodsucker

5,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

DreamyMarly

Excitable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:45 pm
Kampfer Crimson
DreamyMarly

Ah they tend to fall apart don't they :c

That's really cool to hear of other peeps who were in those groups- I've only ever seen them in passing back in the days and didn't belong to any even while I was rping as KH characters ^_^

Hope you can reach out to them!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:49 pm
Swords and Hair Gel
DreamyMarly

For a while, when I first came back to Gaia on my Riku account, the ONLY cosplayers I saw around were my own alts. Then for a while it was my alts and Sora's alts and Roxafox's alts. The three of us were like the entire KH community as far as we could tell for a while. We only had each other to talk to and every time we talked to another KH character, it was either 1) inactive/didn't reply/whatever or 2) just a cosplayer who didn't RP and that's pointless in my opinion, might as well talk to a regular avatar if I just want the old normal "Hi, what's up?" / "Not much, how about you?"

I guess people may still be around but it's just hard to find them. People USED to use interest tags correctly. You would just put your character's name and the game/anime as interest tags and then people could find you through the keyword search.

We don't do the matching usernames. My experience with the matching names has never been positive. It makes people feel excluded and "not part of the group" or not a real friend if they don't have the matching name, etc. Sometimes I manage to steal a really good character name and I don't want to change it just to fit some group. And then you end up with "Well you can't be in our group because we already have your character" or else end up with two identical-named people and then you can't tell who is who, and if one person pisses you off you think the other innocent person is either the same guy or the same guy's alt. Basically I'm just not a fan of the name game thing. I don't think people should have groups in the first place. If we're all cosplaying/RPing the same franchise then we should ALL be in the same "group" automatically. I don't see the point in people putting themselves into little cliques. Then you can't be friends with/be a part of two "groups" at once and it's just stupid to me. I don't like it.

Sora and I have matching unicorns that represent wedding bands since our characters are married on Gaia but it only says so only in forums. I like that but not when it spreads to entire groups and then they get mad at anyone else who is wearing their item, etc. You make a nice little collection of matching avatars in Towns but why? Why be set apart from all the other cosplayers and be in your own little elite corner? Why not just join everyone else who is all doing the same game?

Anyway I'm ranting. Long story short is most of the matching groups I've been around felt snobby and I just felt excluded and like I wasn't really their friend because of my name/avatar items. I just don't get why people want to put up walls and barriers and separate themselves instead of embracing each other. It puts people in a situation of "Well I play ____ but all these cosplay groups already have that character so I need to find a group of my own..." and you end up with lost lonely people who don't belong anywhere and it pisses me off. Cosplay/roleplay should bring people together on the internet, not alienate them. Just by HAVING a cosplay avatar, you should automatically be a part of all cosplay on Gaia, not end up quitting because you couldn't find your own group/family/etc.

I'm done now, sorry.

Anyway that was the point of this guild in the first place. We were the only CP/RP people we knew and wondered if others were roaming around out there looking for us like we were looking for them. We should forget the dumb groups and just ALL band together with the same common interest.

I didn't get a notification at all for this, so sorry for responding so late!

I completely understand what you mean. I saw the KH groups back in the primetime but wasn't interacting with them out of shyness. I only heard from other mouths of what would be happening drama-wise. It's a shame that groups tend to fall apart...

Anyway, I completely agree that as we're all in the same interest group, we are one big family. Good times were had, and I can only wish to have them in the future. Gosh, this stuff makes me sentimental emotion_sweatdrop  

DreamyMarly

Excitable Shapeshifter

Riku Redeemed
Vice Captain

Devoted Friend

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:51 am
Renzoil
Sounds like a good plan but consider this: Who all on here is actually active anymore? I mean I know I'm new here and whatnot but from what I've seen there's not much going on in the conversation department in terms of opinionated variety(if that made any sense haha).

Is there any way to try and broadcast the guild in open chat forums or something like that? Maybe with the new dissidia game that just came out there might be a few out there that wouldn't mind us waving our banner around for enrollment.

Just my thoughts of course.

I think Reno, the guild creator, is still making an active effort and Elena was always really active even while I was gone. A surprising number of people showed up for the Kadaj/Cloud wedding we had last year, so that shows that if you present something interesting for people to do and it's fun then people will do it, but they won't post just for the sake of posting. I think if someone had the motivation to sit down and try to get everyone involved, it could work out, but I simply don't have said motivation because I'm busy with other things. I think all it really takes is maybe 3-4 people who are good friends and active a lot, and just have those people start doing stuff. Go to Towns or Zomg or post in the forums here, or whatever, and just start having a great time. Then other people see that going on and think "That looks fun, I want to be a part of that." Some people will come in, hit it off and stay, and a lot of others will just wander in and back out, so it's important that the original 3-4 people keep on going no matter what. If you start out with the concept of "Let's start a group and be successful" I don't think it works very well. It works best when it just naturally happens, when you just happen upon some people and you're having fun, because other people see fun and want to join in, but other people see "we're trying to make a group" and associate that with work, with being active just for the sake of being active, and that's boring. Especially when you just have some people in a busy area of Towns or Zomg and you're just hanging out and just having a good time, other people hang around just to eavesdrop and if you're fun to be around then people want to be around you.

I think it works better when you have some sort of common objective though. This guild is kind of partly cosplayers and partly roleplayers and in my experience I never thought they went well together; RPers get disappointed to find someone who just cosplays and responds to them normally, and people who just cosplay think actually acting like your character is weird. Of course, yeah, some people do both, but when it's mixed you never know how to approach someone, if you should talk to them in-character or just treat them like a regular person in a costume. It creates confusion and confusion leads to awkwardness and awkwardness leads to people not saying anything, and not saying anything translates as not being active.

Having an RP subform and a cosplay forum could fix that, then people could go to the spot that suits them. If it was gonna have any sort of advertising then we'd need to decide what to advertise it as.

I really think it could be improved, I just don't have the interest or motivation to do it myself. 99% of people I meet who like KH want to talk about the new games and when I say "I don't like anything released after KH2" they disappear lol. It's getting to be a slick way for me to get rid of people I don't want to talk to because it immediately turns people off and they quit talking to me, but that means I'm not a great candidate for something like this. My other Squeenix interest is FF7, which is being remade and everyone's hot about the remake and I don't have the system for that so again... You need someone with charisma to make a guild take off and the guy who doesn't fit in with the kind of people who would be most likely to join is not the guy for the job.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:01 am
DreamyMarly

I completely understand what you mean. I saw the KH groups back in the primetime but wasn't interacting with them out of shyness. I only heard from other mouths of what would be happening drama-wise. It's a shame that groups tend to fall apart...

Anyway, I completely agree that as we're all in the same interest group, we are one big family. Good times were had, and I can only wish to have them in the future. Gosh, this stuff makes me sentimental emotion_sweatdrop

That's fine because I think I was just feeing bitter and ranty that day anyway, lol. Bad past experiences tainted my feelings toward the little groups people made. It would be nice to turn the whole guild into a group. Anyone who is a member of the guild is part of the group. Then nobody wonders if they are really included or not, worrying about whether or not their avatar is on so-n-so's profile, or having to change their usernames, etc.

I do wonder why all this died out on Gaia. People used to have a hard time making avatars of who they wanted, then Gaia made items specifically for those characters and suddenly it wasn't cool anymore. Too easy, I guess, everyone must have liked the creativity of it. There was a lot of "Wow, you look like ___ !" and people would be surprised, but that's not a reaction people have when the items are deliberately made for that purpose.

But new users won't remember the creativity aspect, they'll just make an account and think "Cool, you can have an avatar that looks like ( whatever ) " and I'm still surprised nobody is into that anymore.

I think it just takes someone who is lively and fun to be around to breathe some life into the community. I would support that person but I can't be that person. It's just not my style. I'm that dark guy who hangs around the edges of things, not the one who is jumps into the middle and leads everyone.

I guess there's also the possibility that Gaia itself just isn't as active as it used to be. Maybe these days it's mostly new people trying out the site, getting bored and leaving, and there just aren't as many people staying on full time who aren't busy with work/whatever.

Riku Redeemed
Vice Captain

Devoted Friend

DreamyMarly

Excitable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:17 pm
Riku the Dark Pancake
DreamyMarly

That's fine because I think I was just feeing bitter and ranty that day anyway, lol. Bad past experiences tainted my feelings toward the little groups people made. It would be nice to turn the whole guild into a group. Anyone who is a member of the guild is part of the group. Then nobody wonders if they are really included or not, worrying about whether or not their avatar is on so-n-so's profile, or having to change their usernames, etc.

I do wonder why all this died out on Gaia. People used to have a hard time making avatars of who they wanted, then Gaia made items specifically for those characters and suddenly it wasn't cool anymore. Too easy, I guess, everyone must have liked the creativity of it. There was a lot of "Wow, you look like ___ !" and people would be surprised, but that's not a reaction people have when the items are deliberately made for that purpose.

But new users won't remember the creativity aspect, they'll just make an account and think "Cool, you can have an avatar that looks like ( whatever ) " and I'm still surprised nobody is into that anymore.

I think it just takes someone who is lively and fun to be around to breathe some life into the community. I would support that person but I can't be that person. It's just not my style. I'm that dark guy who hangs around the edges of things, not the one who is jumps into the middle and leads everyone.

I guess there's also the possibility that Gaia itself just isn't as active as it used to be. Maybe these days it's mostly new people trying out the site, getting bored and leaving, and there just aren't as many people staying on full time who aren't busy with work/whatever.

No worries! I feel the same way. Things can feel somewhat elitest on GaiaOnline and I feel like it did die down a bit. Of course, I think the economy and etc is kind of to blame. I never see people in the cosplay town area or people who actually chat with each other in town places that are filled lol.

I sometimes get people who recognize my avatars, or just like it, but they aren't interested in actually conversing about anything. It's odd.

I can get energized and motivated to pull a motion through and get people started and whatnot- but keeping their engagement is the hardest part.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:24 am
Lol I'm kinda the same way about the KH thing. Chain of memories I think was a useless prologue and birth by sleep could've been better if they put a lol more effort into the story.

As for the other subject, I guess since I notice everyone one here save for a few have not been on for almost a whole year. It would seem time to try and refresh the lifestream in a sense. And I'm also the last person to try and be the one to pitch to other ppl about joining or setting up advertisements. But I do see where you're coming from tho  

Renzoil

Invisible Bloodsucker

5,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

TurkReno
Vice Captain

Opinionated Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:28 am
Renzoil

As for the other subject, I guess since I notice everyone one here save for a few have not been on for almost a whole year. It would seem time to try and refresh the lifestream in a sense. And I'm also the last person to try and be the one to pitch to other ppl about joining or setting up advertisements. But I do see where you're coming from tho

DreamyMarly

I can get energized and motivated to pull a motion through and get people started and whatnot- but keeping their engagement is the hardest part.

Gaia has been neglecting it's duties to notify me of any posts in the guild. An over sight that needs to be adjusted. -cracks knuckles-

But if anyone, has any ideas and suggestions, please, toss them out there, or feel free to run with it. If you need to be staff to do it in the guild, just drop me a PM I am on at least once a day if not more.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:25 am
DreamyMarly
No worries! I feel the same way. Things can feel somewhat elitest on GaiaOnline and I feel like it did die down a bit. Of course, I think the economy and etc is kind of to blame. I never see people in the cosplay town area or people who actually chat with each other in town places that are filled lol.

I sometimes get people who recognize my avatars, or just like it, but they aren't interested in actually conversing about anything. It's odd.

Gaia's social community is strange. Sora is bubbly and friendly and goes around talking to everyone he sees, and people ignore him. I don't like anyone and only log in to grab my free s**t and send him dirty PMs, and I'm the one people send messages and friend requests to. I'm thinking, "Who are these people and how do they keep finding me?" We go to Towns or Zomg as a pair and he's all, "Hello everybody!!!" and I'm pretending to be invisible, but I'm the one everybody wants to talk to. It boggles me. Outside Gaia people like him better because he's nicer and I'm too cold/cynical/antisocial/serious/whatever, but on Gaia people think he's annoying and prefer to bother me instead. I really don't understand that.

Riku Redeemed
Vice Captain

Devoted Friend

Displaced Final Fantasy Fans

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out