[PRP] A First (Cass and Marcus) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:17 pm
It was very easy to feel like a goddess being worshiped right then - and briefly, Cassandra wondered how anybody could have ever dated him and then let him go. She was sure it was an obvious answer like 'Is an enormous dork who thinks their date is being listened in on by a government surveillance van', but she found that part of him charming as well. But maybe it was just the little pitter-patter fluttery feeling of her heart that had her ignoring that.

She'd not complain for the moment, leaning into his fingers as they brushed over her cheek and sighing contentedly. But as quickly as they were there, he pulled his hand away, and briefly, Cassandra looked very disappointed. "You've been on one real date with me - unless we're counting 'probably shouldn't have gotten the security deposit back on the boat' as a date too. Then I guess we've had a few." but they were friend-dates, not I-said-I-loved-you-Dates. This was different.

She took a few more bites of her own sandwich as Marcus explained the most likely reason there was as to why Big Brother hadn't get kicked their way over to Other Ashdown. The comment on her fleeing nature did earn a small frown. "Big Brother hasn't cared about little ol' Cass in far too long. I'm more worried about people with guns and a prison record, to be honest." Less about being taken away and more about being left dead in the street.

istoleyurvamps

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:07 pm
He choked on the next bite of his sandwich with her comment about the boat and the security deposit. To be fair, they hadn't damaged anything and probably were not the first.
Was their a boat version of the mile high club? Was it the seafarers club? He'd google it later.

Reaching over and taking a large gulp of lemonade to cleanse his throat, Marcus fought down his blush and smiled. "It was a friend date. This is- better. Much better." He could hope that the feeling wouldn't fade, but even logically while love would not, the initial giddiness he had would. All the more reason to cherish his feelings and time with her now.

Sandwich finished, he remained silent for a while before getting up to walk over on his knees and scoot behind her, tugging her to sit on his lap.
"Don't say that. They wait until you're complacent before they move. it's just what they do. As for any people with records and guns." He looked over at a small patch of grass a ways off, and a tiny explosion happened, dirt scattering around it. About as much damage as a fire cracker really.

"I can't out shoot a gun, but I'm not exactly helpless and unable to protect you you know. Plus I can summon whiskey!"

demon_pachabel

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:16 am
Yeah, she figured that was about how he'd react to being reminded of the boat. They were awful in that way. But it was less strange to picture this absolutely awkward dork in front of her was also a fairly talented lover as time went on.

"Man, how do I up the ante from that for a real date then?" she asked. Not that it was truly a question. There were plenty of ways they could enjoy an awkward attempt at romancing each other that didn't require the clothes to come off. Cassandra would just have to first accept that she was really bad at that part of a real relationship. She was bad at real relationships in general.

It was easy to fall into his lap, leaning her head back against his shoulder with a sigh as her forehead rested against his neck. He was warm. It was also warm outside. The extra warmth should have made her uncomfortable, but Marcus's presence was nice. So very nice. The small explosion caused Cass to look up at him. He was going to defend her from the Government with Firecrackers and Whiskey?

God he was a dork.

"I never said you were," she laughed, shifting in his lap so she could press her lips to his.

IStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:43 pm
Marcus had a way with people.

Either they just sort of happened, or, they were very much in the respectable zone of 'no thank you'. With Cass however, he felt it was like they just fit. He'd never really felt like something could work and last with others but this was different. And the man was determined to keep it going as long as she was willing.

"We could try Arson?" He suggested, jokingly, (only half joking as everyone knew fire helped rid a place of particularly malevolent beings). "Or if we want to try legal, there is always the classic: bowling. I'll even rent the shoes for us." He hadn't been bowling in years. It would probably be fun with Cass though.

God, he was in deep.

"I just want to be able to-" What did he want? He could do a lot of things but what did he want?
"I want to be able to protect you, you know. Maybe it's a guy thing but the idea of some government goons taking you away really rustles my jimmies. More than normal. Like if they took Jeremiah I'd be angry but if they took you? Nope. Not okay at all."
He paused.
"Don't tell Jeremiah I said that; I try not to play favorites when it comes to protecting friends from the Illuminati."

demon_pachabel

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:49 am
"Oh, I love Arson," Cass replied with a sly smile, but it was mostly as joking as Marcus was. His next suggestion, however, was met with a sort of dead-eyed 'are you actually serious?' look, before she slowly tilted her head to one side. "I don't think I've actually ever been bowling," she admitted. It had never exactly seemed exciting to her. But she'd give it a try if it was something Marcus wanted to do.

She considered his words thoughtfully, 'hmmm'ing quietly to herself at his bold statement. "I thought I rustled your jimmies, but I see I'm only second to the government." It was teasing as she leaned against his chest, blinking innocently up at him, though she was far from it. His comment about Jeremiah caused her to laugh. "Oh, I'm so telling dad you said that," she teased, then paused. Ah crap, there she was calling him dad again. She really needed to stop that. Not that Jeremiah had particularly minded.

She'd practically been adopted for her efforts. Not a bad feeling.

"Hey, I'm technically your girlfriend though...right?" she asked, "So I fall into a different Illuminati Protecting Circle."

Istoleyurvamps

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:21 am
Cass's dead eye stare was met with an equally sardonic look. "It's all about going to liminal places Cass. The places that exist in between things. Bowling alleys are just those. Relics from an older era, crumpling with time yet still alive and thriving in their way. It's the perfect place for uh-" He stopped.

"Actually, we'd get the same effect if we went to an empty Walmart parking lot really. But Bowling seems more fun." Another pause, eyebrows furrowed in thought.
"Maybe a art gallery exhibit would be better." He muttered, not realizing Cass had leaned aginst him unti her hair brushed his chin.
"Oh, hm, yes." He looked down smiling at her.

"Dad? Okay then. I think he'd be alright with us dating, so, no worries there." Marcus figured it was just another Cass thing. She had a few of those just like he had Marcus things. It was just things.

Curling over her, quick kisses dotted her face as he spoke.
"My. Girl. Friend." He grinned at he and whispered in her ear.
"It means I'd do a lot for you Cass. Even fight off an spies or agents they send after us."

demon_pachabel

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:42 am
"I prefer the effect of a gas station in the middle of nowhere." A liminal space of sorts where nothing felt like it existed in the real world. Well, according to certain parties they didn't exist in the real world, which was also a thing. "I like those sorts of places. An art gallery empty of any other people also has a very specific feeling to it as well." Maybe she was just fond of places with atmosphere.

"Yes, dad. I....have accidentally gotten myself adopted. I even have a key to his house. It's very strange and magical." She didn't even have a key to Marcus's place yet. Then again, she didn't wander through his Kitchen at 3 in the morning like some sort of spaghetti goblin leaving food during her vagrancy. Somehow, she did get the feeling that randomly appearing leftovers would be less charming to Marcus.

As he kissed her face, she laughed, leaning back in a mock-attempt to escape before she leaned back into him, draping her arms over his shoulders. "Those are pretty big promises. What about glitch monsters?"

Istoleyurvamps

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:02 pm
"Art gallery then." He said, as if this was final. (It wasn't. He'd overthink it and ask about other spaces like parks before sunrise. Or going to information stations off the highway. Would shew ant to take a small road trip? They could go to DC maybe? Was that too far?)

Looking down as she melted back into his chest, that little flutter of bliss crawled into his heart and burrowed down deep. She'd made a place for herself. If she knew it or not, Marcus felt like she was slowly coming to a place where she might not consider running anymore. Getting a house key to Jeremiah's, defining what they had, him giving her her own space in his closet if she wanted it.

She was putting down roots.
She was maybe going to stay, even in the face of uncertainty.

"I'd break the Matrix if I had to." Not that he believed in the Matrix. Too convenient.
"Venture into the Ether, fight a cryptid, drop secret government files on Wikileaks about the marlanding." The man spoke as if yes, he would very much do these things and he possibly could.
"Ask if you want a key to my place for 5 am pancakes."
He wasn't going to be out key'd by Jeremiah.

demon_pachabel

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:19 am
"A key for me? I mean, I don't think you'd see me at 5AM unless I was already there to be let in, though." But it was still a sweet thought to think she could break into his house and eat all the food in his kitchen. She hadn't stocked her own in weeks because she had become a strange gremlin that other people fed as long as she broke in at the right times.

A key would definitely enable right times, but she could have probably also patted the door and sent him 12 texts to let her in. That also sounded rather fun. "You sure you want strange women who live off TV dinners and own way too many plastic forks to have a key to your house? I might just burrow and make a den somewhere. Live with all the gremlins that have installed monitoring equipment under your floorboards."

She said it teasingly, but now she could so easily see Marcus checking for such things once he got home - just to be safe. "Sounds pretty risky."

Istoleyurvamps

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:57 pm
He didn't have to think about it very long or hard. He just liked the idea of her in his house.

And maybe not needing a key because she'd stay there. With him. Overnight.
Every night. Like it was a more permanent thing. God he wished.
“I like seeing you. At all hours. Any hours. At the very least as long as you don’t turn invisible or become a ghost it’s fine really. Not sure about you making a den.” It sounded …strangely cozy. Maybe something in other Ashdown had affected her after all? He should have been skeptical, maybe even a bit afraid of the prospect but- he wasn’t.

He liked it. He liked her. And her jokes.

“The gremlins would like you. But we should check the floor boards and under the house first. Just to be safe.” If she knew how right she was- he was now committed to checking, Cass there to aid or not.

“Is the risk of… this?” He kissed the top of her head. “Isn’t it worth it though?”
demon_pachabel

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:03 pm
She tilted her head up at him thoughtfully, scrunching her nose up and smiling as he kissed the top of her head.

"I dunno. Sounds like a lot of cuddling and smooching to me." she leaned into him, twisting so she could rest her arms over his shoulders with a thoughtful smile. "A lot of you having to pick up my laundry when I just leave it haphazardly in random piles.....having to put up with my random leftovers or random cooking adventures...or my sleep talking..." she was joking about the sleep talking and yet....Cass actually did sleep talk. Mostly innocent things, but she occasionally muttered something in Greek that was likely meant to be summoning a devil or something like that.

"Think there's enough space under the floorboards for all of that?"

istoleyurvamps

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:26 pm
Marcus did not see any downside to what Cass was mentioning. Those were all aspects of her and domesticity. He liked domestic, but as a couple was far more enjoyable than the singles life he lived.. up until they had begun to go 'steady' at least.

"If we don't have enough space, I'll just have to build some. I always did plan for a fallout bunker anyway. We can just make it your secret lair." He grinned.

"But only if you promise I can visit, because I'm your boyfriend." He placed emphasis on boyfriend, clearly pleased with himself and being able to call himself such.

demon_pachabel

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:45 pm
"You make it sound like that's so easy. Just...Just add a ******** extra chunk of house, it'll take 5 minutes, you can remove the door and trap unruly people in there. Motherload, Motherload, MOTHERLOAD." Cass rapidly pat her hand against her leg before throwing her head back with almost a humorous howl.

It wasn't unusual behavior for her.

"But I think a 'Boyfriend's Only' bunker sounds fair."

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:04 pm
He looked at her and thought about. Actually thought about the logistics of adding to the house. In reality, he could clear out his spare room for her, the office did have a lot of free space and she could put in her own desk and things. And if they had a baby-
He tensed. That was a bit- Well. Now. That was a bit far ahead planning and one he didn't think either of them were even in the realm of considering yet. (His inner architect told him that it should be when planning a new home). His face as he thought was like watching a movie reel. Deep in thought, a small nod, a frown, another nod. Shock, shake of his head, then a growing smile as he came to his brilliant conclusion.

"I could clear the spare room and move things in the office. No code required. Or having to get new permits from the city. Though, if we need that shelter I best get them now before apocalyptic panic sets in."

Marcus leaned back, cracking his spine. "What do you think? If I do that would you? Uh, move in I mean." He suddenly feared he'd gone to far too fast.
"You don't.. have to obviously. It's just an option."

demon_pachabel

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:19 pm
"I...." Cass's ears reddened nervously at the idea that Marcus was proposing to her. "I don't know, Marcus. It's definitely a possibility for the future, but I also really need to keep my own space for the time being. How about you save me a drawer or a shelf or some closet space? Once I have to start doing my fulltime laundry at your house we can think about it again."

It wasn't that she didn't think Marcus - dear, dorky, awkward - was worth moving in with, but she was also that moving too quickly would likely just send her running for the hills as well. "I can stay weekends for now."

IStoleYurVamps

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces