Welcome to Gaia! ::

Displaced Final Fantasy / KH Remnants

Back to Guilds

A place for final fantasy & KH fans still on gaia that would like to reconnect / meet 'new' fans. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Square Enix, Roleplay, Cosplay 

Reply Displaced Final Fantasy Fans
Anime? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TurkReno
Vice Captain

Opinionated Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 5:51 pm
Alright, I can't be the only one that still watches it here.

Name some of your favorites.
Name some you really liked watching / still like watching.
What were some you used to watch?
What are you watching now?

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 5:52 pm

Favorite: ( listing only 5 )
Yu Yu Hakusho
Code Geass
Escaflowne
Heat Guy J
Darker Than Black

Currently watching:

Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2
Boku no Hero Acadima Season 2
Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records
Quan Zhi Gao Shou
Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka?
Clockwork Planet
Re: Creators
Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho

TurkReno
Vice Captain

Opinionated Agent

mon-tann

Beloved Sweetheart

12,625 Points
  • Married 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:43 pm
favorites
- Death Note
- Trigun
- Slayers
- star ocean ex
- urusei yatsura
- 3x3 Eyes
- Bubblegum Crisis (80s version)

Currently watching
- Death Note
- 3x3 Eyes

Recently came back watching Death Note again and I suddenly became obsessed with it for a month. Back then I watched it casually. However, something just clicks my interest again. Maybe it's because of Lawliet and his odd mannerisms.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:44 pm
Monstrocker
favorites
- Death Note
- Trigun
- Slayers
- star ocean ex
- urusei yatsura
- 3x3 Eyes

Currently watching
- Death Note
- 3x3 Eyes

Recently came back watching Death Note again and I suddenly became obsessed with it for a month. Back then I watched it casually. However, something just clicks my interest again. Maybe it's because of Lawliet and his odd mannerisms.

I didn't watch Death Note until looooong after the fandom finally shut up about it. The fan base for it when it was out and popular killed it for me before I even started watching it. It was a good anime though.  

TurkReno
Vice Captain

Opinionated Agent

mon-tann

Beloved Sweetheart

12,625 Points
  • Married 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:56 pm
TurkReno
Monstrocker
favorites
- Death Note
- Trigun
- Slayers
- star ocean ex
- urusei yatsura
- 3x3 Eyes

Currently watching
- Death Note
- 3x3 Eyes

I didn't watch Death Note until looooong after the fandom finally shut up about it. The fan base for it when it was out and popular killed it for me before I even started watching it. It was a good anime though.

That sucks! gonk I guess that's how fanbases are when something is popular. There were times that certain fans treats Death Note as some sort of religion and it was pretty insane. gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:15 pm
Monstrocker
TurkReno
Monstrocker
favorites
- Death Note
- Trigun
- Slayers
- star ocean ex
- urusei yatsura
- 3x3 Eyes

Currently watching
- Death Note
- 3x3 Eyes

That sucks! gonk I guess that's how fanbases are when something is popular. There were times that certain fans treats Death Note as some sort of religion and it was pretty insane. gonk

That's mostly the sort I ran into, the fanatics. X.o;
Though I laughed when one of the towns topics back in the day was: "L DIES" Before that part was even shown in the anime. People were pissed.

TurkReno
Vice Captain

Opinionated Agent

BOMB4Y

Bad Boy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:58 pm
Err, I think one of my favorites has got to be Kuroko's Basketball? For some unfathomable reason I really like it. I'm also fond of Natsume's Book of Friends.

Currently I'm enjoying a number of titles, but my top favorite's My Hero Academia. It's raaaaaaaaaad. No other word to describe it. cool

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:12 pm
BOMB4Y
Err, I think one of my favorites has got to be Kuroko's Basketball? For some unfathomable reason I really like it. I'm also fond of Natsume's Book of Friends.

Currently I'm enjoying a number of titles, but my top favorite's My Hero Academia. It's raaaaaaaaaad. No other word to describe it. cool

Kuroko no Basket is good. Not finished it, think I have a few eps left of it to watch. And maybe an ova.

Natume's Book of Friends is also good, though I am missing a few seasons of it, need to download them and rewatch them all in order. X.o

Boku no Hero Academia is good, yes. I'm enjoying it as well. I hope it continues for a long time yet, it has a lot of potential.

Another one that I was introduced to was Castlevania, Netflix is doing it. It's short right now, only 4 eps long, but daaaamn. I want more.

TurkReno
Vice Captain

Opinionated Agent

BOMB4Y

Bad Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:10 pm
TurkReno

Kuroko no Basket is good. Not finished it, think I have a few eps left of it to watch. And maybe an ova.

Natume's Book of Friends is also good, though I am missing a few seasons of it, need to download them and rewatch them all in order. X.o

Boku no Hero Academia is good, yes. I'm enjoying it as well. I hope it continues for a long time yet, it has a lot of potential.

Another one that I was introduced to was Castlevania, Netflix is doing it. It's short right now, only 4 eps long, but daaaamn. I want more.

Yeah, Kurobas is kinda something you'd need to skip through here and there because the highlight's pretty much only in some parts. The OVAs most people would go for are his past arc one I think - that one in his old school, and his old friendship with the Aomine dude. Probably the rest are recaps or something. But Extra Game is a pretty good comic

Natsume's long but totally worth it cry It's a tearjerker at some parts though. Never watch it with your girlfriend present or you'll lose man points in half an hour

Whoooa so I struck gold with BnHA! Who's your favorite? It's definitely got a LOT of potential. Even the comics are good. Let's just hope it stays faithful emotion_zombie

Damn that one's good too! Especially the drunk dude. He's like... piss drunk 7 days of the week but he can do anything. Netflix is doing amazing
Idk about Netflix's Death Note live action though. lol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:25 pm
BOMB4Y
TurkReno

Yeah, Kurobas is kinda something you'd need to skip through here and there because the highlight's pretty much only in some parts. The OVAs most people would go for are his past arc one I think - that one in his old school, and his old friendship with the Aomine dude. Probably the rest are recaps or something. But Extra Game is a pretty good comic

Natsume's long but totally worth it cry It's a tearjerker at some parts though. Never watch it with your girlfriend present or you'll lose man points in half an hour

Whoooa so I struck gold with BnHA! Who's your favorite? It's definitely got a LOT of potential. Even the comics are good. Let's just hope it stays faithful emotion_zombie

Damn that one's good too! Especially the drunk dude. He's like... piss drunk 7 days of the week but he can do anything. Netflix is doing amazing
Idk about Netflix's Death Note live action though. lol

Yeah the last season is kind of dragging, reserving it for when I have nothing else to watch. Which won't be for a long a** while yet, have plenty of s**t stored on the HD here that I have yet to get around to starting.

XDD I'll keep that in mind.

Damn that's a hard one. For Teachers it has to be All Might in his un-powered form. He just seems damn different that way. It's cool. And Eraser head. For students. Bakugo, Shoto, Izuku and Tokoyami. Those have to be my main four. Following them are: Uraraka, Kaminari ( I like it when he fries himself to the point that he just dances around the screen. ) Ashido ( Have to give her props for wanting to be named 'alien queen' Xeno reference. =D ) and Mei Hatsume, who is in the support class.

Hoping it stays faithful too. Who's your favorite?

Not seen the live action DN yet, heard about it, hope they do it justice. I have a bit of faith in them though, seeing as how they pulled off the setting in stranger things.

Speaking of drunk dudes, see the new Saiyuki yet? ( saiyuki reload blast )

TurkReno
Vice Captain

Opinionated Agent

BOMB4Y

Bad Boy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:49 am
TurkReno

Uuuugh yeah, like a lot of long anime, it DRAGS. lol I gotta agree that much. You gotta have a lot of patience for that kinda stuff. It's like Dragon ball sometimes, but with a basketball instead of wish granting balls. One game can take a few episodes lol

Oh man you just listed about almost everyone in the show lol But that's the beauty of it yeah? It's got a great cast - and gives enough screentime for most of them. They all develop together as a team of people. Even All Might tends to develop and learn new things. His un-powered form is who he really is. Can see why you like him. He's really just a teacher then, and just that man who wants the best for his students. Figured you'd like Kaminari though. He's sorta like Reno, only more... electric, huh? Cool, but likes to have fun here and there. Mei probably sold herself out to you with her constant promotion. lol

Hmmm for me it'd be Bakugou, who's easy to relate to, and then Midoriya. who's kind and hard to dislike except for his "I'll rescue you like a princess" moments. He does snap out of that phase though, thankfully. I mean, even I was a little annoyed with him before it was revealed that it was the same reason Bakugou picked on him constantly. Other than that I guess I really like Kirishima? He's like one of my irl friends - he's that bro you just want to chill with and he'll talk to you about not just the shallow stuff, but the deep stuff. But he's all over the place and you won't get too much time with him because he's popular with just about everyone else too aha. lol

Haven't seen the Netflix DN either, but I do know Misa's a cheerleader. surprised And L becomes some cool hacker kid. Well, that's sorta interesting? Nice to know they're switching stuff here and there and trying to get a new crowd of enthusiasts in. They've been going at it with Marvel and DC. It'd be nice of anime got remakes like that in Hollywood too. Ghost in the Shell was a good start. I liked it despite the flak it got. Scarlet's a babe. (Not the one with a mouse bra, but she's hot too wink )

Oh yeah! Have seen that. Goku's got an even more annoying voice now. Not sure how they made that possible tbh. Would love to send Sanzo a box of aspirin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:28 pm
BOMB4Y
TurkReno

Uuuugh yeah, like a lot of long anime, it DRAGS. lol I gotta agree that much. You gotta have a lot of patience for that kinda stuff. It's like Dragon ball sometimes, but with a basketball instead of wish granting balls. One game can take a few episodes lol

Oh man you just listed about almost everyone in the show lol But that's the beauty of it yeah? It's got a great cast - and gives enough screentime for most of them. They all develop together as a team of people. Even All Might tends to develop and learn new things. His un-powered form is who he really is. Can see why you like him. He's really just a teacher then, and just that man who wants the best for his students. Figured you'd like Kaminari though. He's sorta like Reno, only more... electric, huh? Cool, but likes to have fun here and there. Mei probably sold herself out to you with her constant promotion. lol

Hmmm for me it'd be Bakugou, who's easy to relate to, and then Midoriya. who's kind and hard to dislike except for his "I'll rescue you like a princess" moments. He does snap out of that phase though, thankfully. I mean, even I was a little annoyed with him before it was revealed that it was the same reason Bakugou picked on him constantly. Other than that I guess I really like Kirishima? He's like one of my irl friends - he's that bro you just want to chill with and he'll talk to you about not just the shallow stuff, but the deep stuff. But he's all over the place and you won't get too much time with him because he's popular with just about everyone else too aha. lol

Haven't seen the Netflix DN either, but I do know Misa's a cheerleader. surprised And L becomes some cool hacker kid. Well, that's sorta interesting? Nice to know they're switching stuff here and there and trying to get a new crowd of enthusiasts in. They've been going at it with Marvel and DC. It'd be nice of anime got remakes like that in Hollywood too. Ghost in the Shell was a good start. I liked it despite the flak it got. Scarlet's a babe. (Not the one with a mouse bra, but she's hot too wink )

Oh yeah! Have seen that. Goku's got an even more annoying voice now. Not sure how they made that possible tbh. Would love to send Sanzo a box of aspirin

X.x!@Dragonball. Dude, 23864 episodes later, they're finally getting to the fight they promised 23863 episodes back! Thats a little too drawn out. It is possible to have a long anime with out putting your audience to sleep people!

It does have a great cast and they touch upon each of them just enough instead of focusing on just one person. Which helps break things up too, and would make possible slow parts of the anime more interesting.

I'm hoping they don't change DN around too much. I've not looked too much into it yet, but I guess it depends who directs it.

You ain't shitting. Goku's voice. X/ Where do they find these people?! Is it wrong to want Sanzo to always shoot him in every episode?

TurkReno
Vice Captain

Opinionated Agent

BOMB4Y

Bad Boy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:50 pm
TurkReno
ikr emotion_0A0 I mean I'm a big fan of dragon ball, but holy crap. A planet could be in the verge of exploding an hour later, and legit it takes like 20 episodes for it to finally explode - that's a lot more than the 1 hour they said it'd explode in lol

No anime is slow when Midoriya's around. redface

Well, let me know how good or bad it is when you do watch it. I'll probably be putting it on my back burner. One of these days Netflix is gonna do Naruto I tell you. I'll be trying to audition for a role maybe cool As a mob ninja

Right?? I'm telling you man, love the kid but his voice makes me want to shoot something dead
So no
Sanzo's never wrong

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:36 am
BOMB4Y
TurkReno
ikr emotion_0A0 I mean I'm a big fan of dragon ball, but holy crap. A planet could be in the verge of exploding an hour later, and legit it takes like 20 episodes for it to finally explode - that's a lot more than the 1 hour they said it'd explode in lol

No anime is slow when Midoriya's around. redface

Well, let me know how good or bad it is when you do watch it. I'll probably be putting it on my back burner. One of these days Netflix is gonna do Naruto I tell you. I'll be trying to audition for a role maybe cool As a mob ninja

Right?? I'm telling you man, love the kid but his voice makes me want to shoot something dead
So no
Sanzo's never wrong

Yes. o_o Exactly. Will the world blow up? Find out next time! ....20 eps later, it's finally blown up.

This is true, he's a very likable character.

I just now got around to watching the trailer. The visuals are great, but the casting seems wrong.
Kira is supposed to be this guy that is smart and good looking that even if he was a murderer ( which we all know he is ) people wouldn't think twice about it because it's more or less human nature to deny anyone good looking could be a murderer. Same with Misa. L, they've done nothing but dress the character in a black hood. He's supposed to be unnatural, have weird quirks, not give public speeches and be more or less the definition of 'creepy murderer', when in fact he is the good guy. They take everything you think IRL in the anime and twist it. In the live action netflix version, they don't do any of that. They're more about the action it looks like rather than the mind ********. I'm wondering did the writers / casting person / director even understand the concept of the anime? Or did they just go: Hey, everyone else is doing popular anime, we can too! Just to make money.

I think what is wrong with most US versions of anime, is they're trying too hard to focus on one thing and not grasping the importance of others. They really need to consult with some of the original creators or get them directly involved more.

But from the trailer alone, here's what I am grasping. Kira looks like some high school average weenie that is a friendless outcast no one wants to be around, other than the character not wanting to be around anyone else, or thinks himself above anyone else.
Misa looks too much like a chick trying to fit into a group just to fit in, when in fact she didn't try to fit in anywhere at all.
And L? He looks like some old guy they just pulled in randomly and shoved in a black hood and mask.
The trailer lacked any of L's quirks, he's out making public speeches, when in fact L is smart, but socially awkward as s**t. It'd make more sense if the guy was L's public outward appearance rather than L himself. L did use that trick in the anime, claiming X guy is L to trick Kira into killing the guy on screen.

Now if only Sanzo's aim would improve when it came to shooting the annoying monkey. As Sha would put it.

TurkReno
Vice Captain

Opinionated Agent

BOMB4Y

Bad Boy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:14 pm
TurkReno

Dunno man, that's the charm of it I suppose? Come to think of it, I was one of those morons who watched Dragonball Evolution and actually enjoyed it. lol The original Kira sure is handsome, suave, well-bred and such, but a lot of regular folk who aren't into anime probably wouldn't be able to relate to him. They probably may have an easier time relating to an outcast who's probably got an okay heart, but hates the world for how it's treated him and people like him... and then he slowly turns crazy?

Very confused about Misa and L though, but they sure are different enough to pique an interest. It's like... going to an anime con and trying to figure out who is who, and then going "OH. I get it. Yeah, you're Misa!" Could guess the cheerleader was Misa, but maaaan L sure was different lol. And no, it didn't seem like the trick he used to get Kira to come out. That's definitely their version of L all the way. Maybe the Misa in this live action show would be queen bee, kinda like how anime Misa was an idol. Here's to hoping. lol

Hey come on emotion_0A0 I love Goku. Would like him to shut up, but certainly not get shot

Displaced Final Fantasy Fans

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff