Welcome to Gaia! ::

Displaced Final Fantasy / KH Remnants

Back to Guilds

A place for final fantasy & KH fans still on gaia that would like to reconnect / meet 'new' fans. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Square Enix, Roleplay, Cosplay 

Reply Displaced Final Fantasy Fans
What a Bummer

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yuna Yuni Chan

Dedicated Wife

4,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:36 pm
So I was planning on going to AWA (Anime Weekend Atlanta) this year for my birthday, and I was going to cosplay as Yuna's White Mage outfit. Unfortunately, I just looked on the website at the guests and I'm honestly not very impressed confused One of my favorite voice actors was there last year (and it was AWESOME getting to meet him!), but it doesn't look like he'll be back for this year crying I guess there's always next year to cosplay....  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:31 am
Yuna Yuni Chan
So I was planning on going to AWA (Anime Weekend Atlanta) this year for my birthday, and I was going to cosplay as Yuna's White Mage outfit. Unfortunately, I just looked on the website at the guests and I'm honestly not very impressed confused One of my favorite voice actors was there last year (and it was AWESOME getting to meet him!), but it doesn't look like he'll be back for this year crying I guess there's always next year to cosplay....
i've never been to those things but i always assumed there was more thing to do there than just the guests? .-. like dont ppl do skits and just run around in cosplay goofing off and buy souvenirs and stuff??? you're only not gonna go just cuz of who was invited??? can't u just...not go see them? xD and do the other stuff instead??  

Little Kadaj
Crew

Yuna Yuni Chan

Dedicated Wife

4,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:32 am
Little Kadaj
Yuna Yuni Chan
i've never been to those things but i always assumed there was more thing to do there than just the guests? .-. like dont ppl do skits and just run around in cosplay goofing off and buy souvenirs and stuff??? you're only not gonna go just cuz of who was invited??? can't u just...not go see them? xD and do the other stuff instead??

Yea, but it's not as fun. i don't want to go just to buy stuff - I can order anime merchandise online for that. Just cosplaying without really doing anything is like trick-or-treating for Halloween without the free candy. It's fun for a while but then it gets old if you're not doing anything else. Plus, I may have drawn a picture for someone as a thanks for being an inspiration for me redface  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:51 am
Yuna Yuni Chan
Little Kadaj
Yuna Yuni Chan

Yea, but it's not as fun. i don't want to go just to buy stuff - I can order anime merchandise online for that. Just cosplaying without really doing anything is like trick-or-treating for Halloween without the free candy. It's fun for a while but then it gets old if you're not doing anything else. Plus, I may have drawn a picture for someone as a thanks for being an inspiration for me redface
hmm :/

maybe you should skip this time just simply because it sounds like the fun and excitement is dying for you :/

i've never been able to cosplay or go to conventions so yeh, that would be just super fun just by itself to get to do that kinda thing. my friend and i did cosplays and wandered around wal mart and then went trick or treating but we didn't go up to houses, just walked around the streets with our costumes. that was all we could do cuz there's no conventions around here. i think someone said there was one now and then at the state capital but thaaaaat's hard to get to for us around here, u gotta find someone who knows how to drive in charleston and yeh..... anyway i never got to go. and as far as just doing it around the house, i dont even have a real costume, and had to just do reno only because he was the easiest person to be. :/ but my friend didn't do ff7, she did speed racer sweatdrop which is fine to have friends with different interests but yeh..... it's not like we matched or anything, and nobody ever knew who we were. it's not like conventions where ppl run up and go "omg suchity such!!" it's always "what are u supposed to be?" cuz we're not superman or a zombie. rolleyes that's why i started cosplaying on gaia, it's the only place i CAN do this stuff.

so if u've gone so much that it's not even exciting anymore and the magic is gone then maybe you should just give it a rest :/ sounds like it wouldn't be worth the time/money/effort to bother.  

Little Kadaj
Crew

Yuna Yuni Chan

Dedicated Wife

4,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:02 am
Little Kadaj
Yuna Yuni Chan
Little Kadaj
Yuna Yuni Chan

maybe you should skip this time just simply because it sounds like the fun and excitement is dying for you :/

i've never been able to cosplay or go to conventions so yeh, that would be just super fun just by itself to get to do that kinda thing. my friend and i did cosplays and wandered around wal mart and then went trick or treating but we didn't go up to houses, just walked around the streets with our costumes. that was all we could do cuz there's no conventions around here. i think someone said there was one now and then at the state capital but thaaaaat's hard to get to for us around here, u gotta find someone who knows how to drive in charleston and yeh..... anyway i never got to go. and as far as just doing it around the house, i dont even have a real costume, and had to just do reno only because he was the easiest person to be. :/ but my friend didn't do ff7, she did speed racer sweatdrop which is fine to have friends with different interests but yeh..... it's not like we matched or anything, and nobody ever knew who we were. it's not like conventions where ppl run up and go "omg suchity such!!" it's always "what are u supposed to be?" cuz we're not superman or a zombie. rolleyes that's why i started cosplaying on gaia, it's the only place i CAN do this stuff.

so if u've gone so much that it's not even exciting anymore and the magic is gone then maybe you should just give it a rest :/ sounds like it wouldn't be worth the time/money/effort to bother.

Well, we sent a request for our favorite voice actor, and if they get enough requests they might get invited, so I might still go smile It' a lot of fun, I've only gone three times, it's just not as fun when there aren't really any good guests or ones you know about. I only saw a couple of Sailor Moon voice actors and I do like Sailor Moon, but it's not that big of a deal for me. It is fun to cosplay and get merchandise, but like, it's stuff I can do on my own ya know? I can buy merchandise online and I can dress up whenever I want to. The thing about conventions is it's where I can actually be myself without being judged. But when you're going to pay around $70 to go to a convention where all you do is wear a costume (which if you buy it is nearly $100+ itself - I can't sew to save my life) and buy merchandise which you could most likely get online, it's just not worth the money. It's not that the excitement has died, I just would rather spend my money wisely since we're pretty much broke.  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:22 am
Yuna Yuni Chan
Little Kadaj
Yuna Yuni Chan
Little Kadaj
Yuna Yuni Chan

Well, we sent a request for our favorite voice actor, and if they get enough requests they might get invited, so I might still go smile It' a lot of fun, I've only gone three times, it's just not as fun when there aren't really any good guests or ones you know about. I only saw a couple of Sailor Moon voice actors and I do like Sailor Moon, but it's not that big of a deal for me. It is fun to cosplay and get merchandise, but like, it's stuff I can do on my own ya know? I can buy merchandise online and I can dress up whenever I want to. The thing about conventions is it's where I can actually be myself without being judged. But when you're going to pay around $70 to go to a convention where all you do is wear a costume (which if you buy it is nearly $100+ itself - I can't sew to save my life) and buy merchandise which you could most likely get online, it's just not worth the money. It's not that the excitement has died, I just would rather spend my money wisely since we're pretty much broke.
well yeh i wouldn't be able to afford to go. i would only enjoy conventions if i could go with a group of GOOD friends who were fun to run around with, and it would be the most fun to all like the same thing and be a matching group and take silly pictures or something.... and i expect realistically, what woudl really happen, is i woudl go by myself with my mom trailling behind and not know anyone and have anxiety and stay shoved up in a corner and whatever so it's one of those things that only seems awesome in my head, i think. v.v  

Little Kadaj
Crew

Yuna Yuni Chan

Dedicated Wife

4,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:25 am
Little Kadaj
Yuna Yuni Chan
Little Kadaj
Yuna Yuni Chan
Little Kadaj
Yuna Yuni Chan

well yeh i wouldn't be able to afford to go. i would only enjoy conventions if i could go with a group of GOOD friends who were fun to run around with, and it would be the most fun to all like the same thing and be a matching group and take silly pictures or something.... and i expect realistically, what woudl really happen, is i woudl go by myself with my mom trailling behind and not know anyone and have anxiety and stay shoved up in a corner and whatever so it's one of those things that only seems awesome in my head, i think. v.v

Before I got married, my brother who's four years younger than me and could care less about anime went with me. It was still fun, but not as much fun as when my husband went with me last year. My brother was so miserable and my parents actually had to not only pay for his admission, but they had to pay him to go with me too. He was miserable XD I saw people at the convention last year with their parents. They seemed to be having a good time still too smile  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:44 am
Yuna Yuni Chan
Little Kadaj
Yuna Yuni Chan
Little Kadaj
Yuna Yuni Chan

Before I got married, my brother who's four years younger than me and could care less about anime went with me. It was still fun, but not as much fun as when my husband went with me last year. My brother was so miserable and my parents actually had to not only pay for his admission, but they had to pay him to go with me too. He was miserable XD I saw people at the convention last year with their parents. They seemed to be having a good time still too smile
yeh i wouldnt enjoy going with someone like that neutral  

Little Kadaj
Crew

Yuna Yuni Chan

Dedicated Wife

4,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:47 am
Little Kadaj
Yuna Yuni Chan
Little Kadaj
Yuna Yuni Chan
Little Kadaj
Yuna Yuni Chan

The thing about parents going, show that not only that they support your love for anime, but that they may even start to understand it. To be fair, I think my parents would've been bored going with me, but at the same time, it would show that they do support my enjoyment of anime and may even learn some things about it. My husband isn't a big fan of anime, some he likes, but usually he's not into it as much as I am. But he had a lot of fun going last year, it was his first time going and it was fun watching him ^^  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:54 am
Yuna Yuni Chan
Little Kadaj
Yuna Yuni Chan
Little Kadaj
Yuna Yuni Chan

The thing about parents going, show that not only that they support your love for anime, but that they may even start to understand it. To be fair, I think my parents would've been bored going with me, but at the same time, it would show that they do support my enjoyment of anime and may even learn some things about it. My husband isn't a big fan of anime, some he likes, but usually he's not into it as much as I am. But he had a lot of fun going last year, it was his first time going and it was fun watching him ^^
i dont watch much anime cuz theres no cable out here and piracy online bothers me. but my mom loves kh and ff7. she played the heck out of kh2 until she started to drive me crazy with it lol. she adopted one of my games, Chaos Legion, and played it like 10 times. and i let her play DMC and she cleared the whole game emotion_0A0 and i'm like OMG I HAVEN'T EVEN BEATEN IT MYSELF YET!!!

but she just went to sleep when we played ff7 tho :/ all that reading. she made me read everything out loud cuz she doesn't read fast and i was like ugh this is the only thing i don't like about this game e.e;;;;;  

Little Kadaj
Crew

Yuna Yuni Chan

Dedicated Wife

4,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:58 am
Little Kadaj
Yuna Yuni Chan
Little Kadaj
Yuna Yuni Chan
Little Kadaj
Yuna Yuni Chan

i dont watch much anime cuz theres no cable out here and piracy online bothers me. but my mom loves kh and ff7. she played the heck out of kh2 until she started to drive me crazy with it lol. she adopted one of my games, Chaos Legion, and played it like 10 times. and i let her play DMC and she cleared the whole game emotion_0A0 and i'm like OMG I HAVEN'T EVEN BEATEN IT MYSELF YET!!!

but she just went to sleep when we played ff7 tho :/ all that reading. she made me read everything out loud cuz she doesn't read fast and i was like ugh this is the only thing i don't like about this game e.e;;;;;

She'd be great to go with then smile They don't just have anime there, there's a lot of video game stuff too! I see A LOT of KH and FF cosplayers there smile  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:01 am
Yuna Yuni Chan
Little Kadaj
Yuna Yuni Chan
Little Kadaj
Yuna Yuni Chan

She'd be great to go with then smile They don't just have anime there, there's a lot of video game stuff too! I see A LOT of KH and FF cosplayers there smile
yeh its just that she's shy and wants to hang back away from everything and not talk to anyone and be all "i'll just smoke while u do that" and goes off away from everything n yeh but anyway it doesnt matter cuz i'll never go sweatdrop i actually hate those cosplay videos on youtube where everybody dresses up and does fun stuff with their friends and has a blast and then puts it online and gets a million views BITTERNESS AND JEALOUSY scream -sets youtube on fire-  

Little Kadaj
Crew

Displaced Final Fantasy Fans

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces