Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:00 pm
Kupa's ear turned in the direction someone had called her name from and she grinned when she saw who it was. Iki was a rare sight these days - or perhaps Kupa herself was - and she was delighted to see her sister. She bounded forward a bit more enthusiastically than she normally would in front of so many other lions to bump her head affectionately against her darker sister's.

"Wonderful! I'm so glad things are settling down," she said with a little smile, slowly composing herself after her energetic outburst. "All that fighting and everyone being suspicious of everyone else really made me nervous. Now it's lovely," she added, a happy sigh leaving her muzzle. Having grown up in such a tense atmosphere it was refreshing to be able to walk around and mingle for a change.

The sensation of being watched had her turning to look around and not too far away she spotted two lions speaking to one another, the more natural colored of the two the one that was making her fur stand on end. She gave him a little nod and a smile before glancing back at her sister. It was only when she had faced away from the two that her smile dropped a bit.

"He's one of Shangyue's sons, isn't he?" she murmured, not wanting to be overheard. She knew that anyone that sided with the old tyrant had been forced to leave so there was no danger of him being a threat, but it still gave her the heebe jeebes to even think about the ex king. She was sure he was lovely, though, despite his sire.

Ecavi

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:13 pm
User ImageSlowly but steadily Jitu threaded his way through the crowd of lions until he managed to close in on Ukulwa and her conversational partner. The two lionesses continued talking, seemingly oblivious to his approach. The male came near enough to touch Ukulwa, though he didn't for the time being. It was usually his mate who initiated contact, and Jitu was merely content to wait for whenever she silently declared it to be time.

User ImageShe'd noticed the two high class lions staring in their direction, but the Hunt Leader preferred to give the boys the hairy eyeball and return to her conversation with her sister. Her...amazingly naive and innocent sister. Iki mentally shook her head at Kupatwa's willingness to belove wholeheartedly that everything was perfect now. She herself had doubts, but was willing to wait and see how Kimondo's reign went.

Really, aside from the expected fallout from Shangyue's henchlions, Kimondo hadn't done much up until now. Here, Iki suspected, things would change.

Almost as if following her thoughts, Kupa spoke up then, asking quietly about the two lions staring at them. Iki glanced over at them before returning her attention to her sister.

"The brown-pelted one? Yes. A former Prince and Shangyue's would-be Heir. But he helped take down his own father," the black lioness informed her sister in an undertone. Not to mention the fact that, by right of inheritance, Liuhe could have been King. But he'd turned it down immediately, taking only the position of Regent until the Shaman declared the new Queen.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:27 pm
Ah. That's why he looked so familiar, then. Familiar and yet not. Kupa wasn't a very high class, just a nice comfortable mid, and even if she hadn't been the type to keep her head down during the rebellion she certainly wouldn't have been hanging around higher class lions, especially the would-be heir. Iki's words comforted her a bit, though, and she let out a breath of relief.

"Well, that was good of him," she said with a much more relaxed expression on her face. Ha! She had been right all along. Turning to glance over her shoulder again, she gave the duo a more genuine smile and a little wave of her paw before turning to her sister once again.

"So how have you been? It seems like it's been moons since I've seen you last!" Indeed, Kupa had been very, very good at staying out of sight for the past few months, even from her own family which was impressive considering their number. She knew her sister had a fairly important role in the pride and couldn't hide away so easily as she could, but she also knew Iki was more than the lioness for the job.  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:24 pm
Having kept to herself mostly and being an odd lioness she came up with a few ideas as to why another lion would not have wanted her. Then a list of her rank and other things popped to her mind but she instead just shrugged at that other. "Well yes, males are silly. I am just glad that at least I found him and he found me."

It was strange that there were new presenters. Thula noticed the male approaching that Ukulwa had mentioned was her mate. A very handsome male but of course, no where near as handsome Umgiyo of course. "He's a sturdy fellow." The look that Ukulwa gave Jitu was a look she was sure she gave Umgiyo on a daily basis. "Hello Jitu."

Her eyes orbs searched again. Where was Umgiyo?

"Everything is going fine." He mock growled back at his sister, keeping it quiet. He did not want to draw any more attention to himself than he already had. After all he already felt enough eyes upon him and felt like maybe he was being talked about. He was still irritated at being tackled and having to right himself from his sister's onslaught. Of course Kasai would have done this. Maybe he should have gone to see her previously.

Attention back to his mother, "Well hopefully we can get more than just our little group but I understand everyone is busy." At least thankful that his mother also thought it good to not disrupt what was going on. Now Yoru just needed to join them.

Looking in his brother's direction he tried his best to make his eyes bore into the dark male. Willing him to hurry up and stop talking to that male and get his rump over to them. He did not want to be stuck with the two females alone.

Abominable Greenie

belloblossom

nessiaing

ABVirus

mouselet

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:39 pm
Hodari watched as her cubs (for they would always be cubs to her) tussled with a mixture of amusement and wariness. Still, her tail was curling in pleasure with having her family so close by, especially her son and daughter that she had trouble tracking down. Galdric was usually so elusive, even with the smaller numbers within the pride. And Kasai... Well, Kasai seemed to be everywhere at once, yet whenever Hodari tried to track her daughter down, she was no where to be found.

Well, She reminded herself. We're altogether now. And she purred at the thought.

"I'm sure we can organize some form of larger family reunion sooner or later..." Hodari replied to Galdric, though she was uncertain of this. She only really kept in touch with one of her siblings, the very same Kimondo who was now Queen. Hodari's relationships with her other siblings and her parents were slight. They were kin and she would protect them, but the rebellion (as well as her early motherhood episode) had pushed her away from her family and she was unsure of how she could reconnect. Maybe this group hunt would be just the way to do it.

"But given that it's short notice, maybe we should just stick to whoever happens to be available, like the four of us seem to be." She said finally, smiling. "And then later we can see what we can do about getting the entire family together in one place. Sound good?"

Feeling eyes on her, her ears perked and she looked about only to find Liuhe looking at her. She smiled brightly at him and his friend and raising her eyebrows, nodded her head towards her and her family. The Lords were more than welcome to come and sit by her if they so pleased. But Liuhe's eyes moved on and Hodari shrugged and went back to her watching Galdric and Kasai, content to be near her darlings as she, as well as everyone else here,
waited for the announcement to take place.

"Oh, I'm wounded." Yoru declared, placing a forepaw on his chest and looking overly-dramatic when Belial admitted that his twin was prettier than he. He stayed like that for a few seconds longer before dropping his paw and the pose and grinning at the other. Who knew talking to others could actually be fun?

"Indeed." Yoru agreed when his companion wished that Miyako make an appearance at the gathering. If she didn't, perhaps Yoru ought to seek her ought himself, he thought. He glanced over his shoulder, half-expecting Miyako to come bounding towards the two lions, yet she didn't show. "Well, we need only hope for the best. She could be out hunting, perhaps." He gave a half shrug and then turned his gaze back onto Belial. "It's nice to meet you too, Belial." He grinned.

Mhm, well... When Belial went on to speaking on the relationship between his twin and himself, Yoru waited with a neutral expression. Eventually, Belial fell silent and Yoru grinned.
"I can't say how my sister feels, of course, but I can say this: you're the first and only lion I've ever seen her take an interest in." True, he hadn't seen Miyako recently and therefore wouldn't know if she was courting anyone knew, but surely some word would have gotten around if she had been? It wasn't a very large pride, after all. Still, he gave his companion a friendly smile and flicked his tail. "So, if you ask me, there's hope for you guys yet." He had decided just then that he rather enjoyed Belial's company. At the very least, he didn't seem snobbish or particularly rude. And while Yoru didn't know much about the lion, like where he had stood during the rebellion or what he did now, he had stayed within the pride and that had to mean something, right?

Quite abruptly, a shiver ran up Yoru's spine and he looked around frantically, before his eyes settled on the lion whose eyes were boring into his back. It was his brother, Galdric, who looked as though he had quite a pawful with his mother and now Kasai (oh Great Lion) with him. It looked as though Galdric was about to drag Yoru over by the tail to the group if he didn't come willingly, but Yoru was reluctant to go over after just finding someone he actually felt comfortable talking to.

"It seems my brother requires my aid." Yoru said, turning his head back to Belial, but angling his ears towards where Kasai still sat proudly upon Galdric and where his mother looked on, visibly amused. "This may be a little abrupt, but would you like to come with me? It may help you get to know Miyako, by an extension, if you met with some of her family. Hodari, our mother, is sitting just over there." He said, hopefully. Please don't make me face the craziness of my family alone, he thought.

Abominable Greenie

DavyJnah

ABVirus

Ecavi

Tanakako
If you wanted to post Mti here, he and Hodari could meet?

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:43 am
User Image

For a second, Liuhe's gaze flitted back to Hodari when she gestured an invitation for them to join her and her family.. but then he was sure he heard his father's name and glanced back towards Kupatwa and Iki'renkli. He heard it again but he couldn't hear what exactly was being said, so he forcefully took his eyes off the pair of them and looked back at Hivyo. For his part, Hivyo was completely oblivious to the conversation about Liuhe and Shangyue going on a short distance away but he was not oblivious to Liuhe's discomfort.

Unfortunately for the former prince, he knew there wasn't much he could do about it so he simply kept quiet.

"Let's go talk to Hodari," Liuhe said suddenly, standing up and starting to move. He was extremely curious about what was going on and if Kimondo hadn't told him, maybe she told her sister. Hivyo started but followed close behind.

"Hello," he greeted the white and pink lioness with a meek smile, "I don't suppose Kimondo told you what was going on tonight, did she?"

Hivyo smiled from Liuhe's side, shaking his head slightly, but he didn't say anything.

belloblossom

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:18 pm
User Image

A scarred male walked peacefully under the welcomed bright gaze of the Great Lion with his family. Meshach was looking forward to ceremonies being held properly under the Great Lion’s watchful eye as they should be. He headed slowly toward the gathering spot, knowing he had plenty of time still. With his family at his side in the pride he’d been born to and not having to hide, nothing could be more perfect.

Meshach gave a silent but grateful prayer upward. So many things could have gone wrong. But they hadn’t. They were all here. Once there he settled himself in a spot that would be large enough for his family without crowding anyone else out. There had been rumors it was a couple of clerics presiding, and he was curious to see how this would turn out.

User Image

Meztli couldn’t have been more proud to accompany her father to the gathering place. She’d grown up on the stories of the pride and now, finally!, she was getting to witness them for herself for the first time. She pranced in place to keep her nerves steady at her father’s slow place. If she could have run and gotten them all there faster then she would have. No, her father had to have dignity.

“I’m eager to hear what they have to say.” She’d heard about some changes, but for the life of her couldn’t figure out what they’d be. It wouldn’t be for much longer though. Everyone was gathering and waiting. She settled beside Meshach to prove that she could sit as still as him.

User Image

Afrim left his duties as a hunt leader behind and made his way to the ceremony gathering. He’d heard rumors like many others, but nothing solid. Curiosity was eating him up! The young male had his head up and ears twitching to catch anything that might be of interest. Sadly, nothing yet, and it didn’t look as if they were quite ready to start the ceremonies either.

All in due good time. He knew better than to rush a hunt, and he certainly wasn’t going to rush this! Instead the male picked his way among those seated to find a spot for himself. Seats were filling up fast.

User Image

Argyros wandered along. Judging by the position of the moon, it’d soon be time to start the ceremonies held this night; which meant he’d better get his behind moving if he didn’t want to be late. He weaved around dens and obstacles. It didn’t really take him long to get there either. He moved quickly to find a spot and settle in. Once that was done, he took some time to look around him. It was with surprise that he noted the priestess wasn’t conducting the ceremony. Was this part of the changes he’d heard about? If so, it might prove to be some interesting changes.

User Image

The fluffy guard made her way along with the crowds. It was nice to see the pride under “normal” settings. Her eyes skimmed about as she noted the attitudes and postures of those around her. Most were relaxed and happy. That was definitely a good sign. Now if they only stayed that way. Were those possible rumors going to rile some up? No way to tell until it happened.

Nubiti broke from her studying those around her to look for her mate. She hadn’t seen Batu in a while and wondered where he had gotten off to. Hopefully he would make it in time for the ceremonies.

Painted Moose
Runa + family

nessiaing
Batu

Ecavi

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:48 am
User Image

It was a big night and Kimondo had spent a lot of time preparing for what was to come, even if there had been no outward sign of it. This would be her first real act as Queen, not counting the decision to offer a second chance to all of those who had once been loyal to Shangyue. This was different and perhaps more dangerous. She wondered how many would agree with her point of view, and how many would think this was just as bad as what Shangyue had done. She just had to keep reminding herself that this wasn't about her, that she wasn't trying to be selfish or empower herself.. this was about empowering others.

Luckily, there was an easy place to begin and that was what she was going to focus on. She joined the clerics at the front of the crowd, nodding gratefully to Antara and Alkina for gathering everybody together so far. She could see her sister and her family clearly amongst the crowd and that was all she needed to find her voice quickly.

"Good evening, everybody!" she called out, "We have some very special announcements to make tonight and I want to thank you all for your patience. I know it has been some time since I stepped into this role but my hope was to avoid causing further disruption to your lives so soon after such conflict."

Kimondo took a breath, and started right into it.

"I'm sure many of you are already aware of some of the changes we will be making," she said, "We will be doing away with the title of Apprentice, except as it applies to youngsters and novices entering the Priesthood. We are, thankfully, in a time when one could be an apprentice well into mid-life and I see no reason why they should not be trusted to contribute to their field. This is why Antara and Alkina have been named Clerics. They remain subordinate to the Shaman but now may more confidently act on her behalf."

It was a truly a small change, but a name could make a big difference in perception.

"As for our Priests, to make up for the lost hierarchy within their ranks and to help maintain structure as they continue to grow, we will be naming four High Priests, to act as their leaders," she said, "For the Historians, I name Aapep High Priestess. For Midwives, I name Caritas. For Nurses, Atsuko. And for Hosts, Upenzi."

Tisiphone

mouselet

Andranis

Safaia

(( You guys do not need to reply but I want to make sure you know what's going on!

For everybody else, I'm sorry this is the kind of ORP it is xD Next part of announcement is more exciting.))

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

ABVirus

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:39 pm
User Image

When her mother put in that she shouldn't be rough-housing in the middle of the announcements, Kasai rolled off of her brother, smiling throw it all. His reply was about what she would've expected from Yoru, maybe her brothers had been hanging out without her? The nerve.

Now, for the interesting bit she had heard earlier.
"A group hunt, hm? Yeah, I'm in!" Of course she was, how could she miss out on something like that? Did Yoru know about this yet? She suspected not, considering he would never agree to such a thing... Then again, tossing a look over her shoulder at the lion he was getting along so well with... Maybe she would be wrong. Maybe he finally grew up, like she had told him to.

Taking that time to actually look at her surroundings, rather than just buzz past them, Kasai's gaze flitted about the other pride members that were gathering close by. There were pelts that she recognized and others that she didn't. One that did stand out to her was one belonging to a lion that had more yellow on his coat than she did! How delightful!

Then her mother was speaking again and she turned her head back to face her.
"What? Oh, yeah! Sounds good!" She chirped and then they were joined by two other lions. Well! She certainly recognized one of them to be Liuhe, but as for the pale blue male... not so much. Clearly, this had to change.

"Hi! I'm Kasai!" She chirped, getting to her paws and moving over to the other lion. "I like your stripes!" She informed him, gesturing with a forepaw to his front legs.

belloblossom

DavyJnah

Ecavi

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 7:28 am
User Image "I've been doing my job, organizing hunts," Iki replied offhandedly. She watched the proceedings as the Queen made an appearance. Should she tell Kupa? Should she not? Ah, why not. She didn't think her sister would out her to the pride, unlike some.

"Though there is this...male," the black lioness said at last. "And he is absolutely infuriating! He helped me get my head on straight some time ago, and now I think he thinks I owe him? I don't even know, he's not from the pride originally..." Iki'renkli trailed off as Kimondo announced some changes to the ranks of the priests. Oh good, things were getting more organized. Hopefully the Shaman wouldn't have any more apparent mental breakdowns.

User ImageJitu nodded to the pink lioness in turn. He...didn't know her name, and no one seemed to be inclined to make introductions. So the big lion merely moved closer to his mate and allowed the Queen to draw his eye. He didn't know too much about the priestly caste, but he could appreciate that the responsibilities were being split up to allow for the size of the pride. No bad thing. Also to not have adult Apprentices forever - that sounded relatively awful. No wonder Kimondo was doing away with it.

User ImageThe black lioness was standing back in the crowd when Queen Kimondo made her announcement. She was somewhat surprised but also quite pleased. It wasn't as if she was the only active Midwife in the pride, so it was a real honor to be chosen as the High Priestess of the lot.

In a way, this first announcement of Kimondo's reflected one of the best things Shangyue had done for the pride in his reign. It had been that murderous b*****d who'd seen that there were too many Guards and Hunters to be easily coordinated by their respective Heads, and so introduced the ranks of Patrol and Hunt Leaders to divide the responsibility more. The Mwezi'Johari was no small pride, and such divisions were necessary if there was to be any semblance of organization.

Still, it didn't seem like an especially big deal that affected most of the pride. Caritas privately bet that there was more to come.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 1:02 pm
Ukarimu was standing near his wife, Caritas, happy to be enjoying the quietness (and the underlying excitement) of the gathering. When he heard Kimondo's announement, and Caritas being promoted, he beamed. She worked extremely hard, and was very dedicated to her post. "Congratulations, Caritas," he quietly told her.  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 6:42 pm
User Image

Out of the corner of his eyes he could see one of his twin daughters was afire with nerves. The scarred male resisted the urge to chuckle at her. “I think we all are Ayaka,” he rumbled instead. “These should be good changes that benefit the pride as a whole.” Meshach had every confidence in Kimondo that he didn’t have in Shangyue.

With the arrival of the queen, Meshach rose to his paws and gave her the deep respectful bow she deserved. Once done, he settled himself back into place to listen to the announcements from the queen. The male nodded with approval of the changes. Just as no cub could forever remain a cub, no matter how much his parents might wish, no apprentice could remain so. It would also help distinguish those adults still in training and those who had mastered their profession.

User Image

The young lioness rolled her eyes and snorted as her father stated the obvious. Of course, so had she! Meztli applauded those who were mentioned for rank updates. Not that she knew them personally, but if the queen said they’d earned it then she was inclined to believe her. She did try to spot those named as High Priests, but wasn’t familiar enough to pick them out of a crowd.

Meztli looked around to see how others were taking the news. No one appeared upset by the changes so far. In fact she thought she heard quite of a number of animated conversations. Too bad no one had sat closer to them that she could talk to too.

User Image

Patience was rewarded though. The queen made her appearance and the proceedings got underway quickly. He nodded with understanding as she explained the delay for these announcements. It made sense. She probably had a fine line to tread here. He didn’t think there would be too many upset by these particular changes.

Afrim applauded warmly as ranks changed and deserving adults got the recognition they deserved with their new ranks. Then she named the new High Priests. He was fine with these changes himself. She wasn’t making herself an army to do her dirty work. Not that the queen would have dirty work to do.

User Image

Argyros nodded as the queen showed up. Things would surely get underway now; which in fact they did. Nor did the queen make a flowery speech first. It was quite short and to the point. He considered the update to the ranks. He could see how they were needed, but in truth they didn’t really affect him all that much if at all. His lips twitched as he could imagine how the “apprentices-who-weren’t-really” felt about it. Probably happy not to be apprentices anymore! The guard remained sitting as he waited to see if there would be anything else or if this was going to be the shortest meeting probably seen for a long time.

User Image

She paused in a spot out of the way and where she wouldn’t likely step on someone’s tail accidently as the queen arrived and quickly began making announcements. Nubiti listened attentively. She also listened to the murmured, and not so quiet, conversations around her. None sounded like someone had been outraged. That was a good sign. She guessed those promoted were fairly popular among the pride. No harm there. The lioness wondered if the queen had anything hidden under her paw that would make this gathering a bit more lively. Only time would tell. So she did what she had to. She waited.

Ecavi

magnadearel

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 6:51 pm
User Image

Liuhe was silent but maintained a smile. Awkward as it could be, he liked seeing Kimondo's family up close like this. He knew how much they all meant to her, and even if they didn't think much of him, he already thought a lot about all of them. Hivyo knew all this, too, so he was happy when Kasai addressed him directly.

"Thanks," he said cheerily, "Got 'em from my mom. You have some very beautiful markings on your legs, too."

Liuhe shook his head at Hivyo's banter, and then turned his attention to Kimondo when she came out to speak. The first announcement was interesting but not surprising, long overdue if anything. But that was clearly only the start of whatever was going on.

ABVirus

belloblossom

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 7:58 pm
Attention caught by the queen for a moment, Kupa tilted her head as she listened to the announcement. A few of the lions were named to higher ranks and she smiled, glad that their hard work was paying off. It only was fitting for good work to be rewarded, after all!

Her sister spoke again after that and what she said caught her attention, a teasing smile on her face. "He's infuriating but helped you get your head on straight? That's quite an interesting combination," she said, giving Iki's shoulder a playful nudge with her own. "And a joining rogue at that. Perhaps he was a bit lost given all that was going on and he was looking for a friend," she added, tilting her head the other way. Anyone who thought Iki was a good first friend to make might be a little strange, but they had to be brave at that! Her sister wasn't one to make friends easily, after all.  

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:49 pm
User Image

The murmur of acceptance was enough to give Kimondo the courage to keep going. Her choices made sense, she could defend them with both logic and passion.. the ruffled feathers were most likely to be in the top and bottom of the group, and honestly.. more at the top. But she would deal with that later, for now.. it was finally time to give recognition to those who had made all the difference during the conflict.

"That is not all we have called you here for tonight," she went on, "The civil war was a long conflict that started so quietly and thankfully ended with so few losses. Now that we are reunited on the other side of those troubling times, it's time to acknowledge those heroes who risked everything to get us where we are now."

Shangyue's violent tendencies were definitely a factor in the rebels goal of remaining peaceful, and it ultimately contributed to the ability of the pride to come back together with so little strife. The entire pride shared in the credit of pulling through, but she hoped there would be little argument as she went through her list.

Kimondo took a deep breath and finally started the explanation she had been going over and over in her head for weeks.

"King Shangyue did not introduce the idea of sharing one's status with those below them, that has always been the way things are here. The Low Class serves the pride and the higher classes so that they may share in our collective spiritual protection. What Shangyue did was use his power to circumvent the hierarchy, to serve his own purposes."

There really was no denying what Shangyue had done was questionable. The opportunity for slaves to become more was an excuse that was so close to so many hearts.

"I believe, rather, that you can use your own power to change your fate," the Queen went on, her tone revealing her passionate belief in what she said, "And the best way to explain that is to honor those fine examples from within our own ranks. So, I would like to begin by asking Meshach, Kibetinyota, Kamia and Orion to join me at the front."

((Note: Kibetinyota is owned by an inactive player. She and Kamia (owned by me) will be dealt with as NPCs for this ORP.))

--

User Image

Orion, who had been sitting off to the side of the crowd nervously, his mate close at his side, rose to his feet and began the shaky walk up to the Queen. He felt extremely out of place with the other lions called upon and it would take him a lot of time to get over that. Worst of all, he knew that he was first in this lineup because he was rightfully on the lowest wrung of this strange new ladder.

He took a deep breath and stepped out of the lineup to stand nearest Kimondo.

"Orion," Kimondo greeted the slave with a smile, then looked back to the crowd, "As a member of the Low Class, you were coerced into joining the ranks of Shangyue's Royal Guards. When the time came to do his dirty work to stomp out the rebellion, you risked your life to save Uchanjaa from certain death and took out one of the King's most loyal and vicious servants in the process. Your actions gave many the courage to fight back and certainly helped turn the tides of the war in our favor."

She turned to face Orion properly now, still smiling.

"The Great Lion has recognized your service to His pride," she said, "I declare you the very first Knight of the Mwezi'Johari, in the Order of the Stars. You will be no lesser than any lion in the High Class and we thank you for all you have done for us."

His shaking stopped as Kimondo told his story to the crowd gathered before them, though he knew he was already reasonably well known as the one who killed Tyfu. After all the drama that his action had caused, he never thought it would be something so deserving of praise. He didn't doubt that she could have done a great deal more damage if she had survived, but it still hardly felt like a victory.

He suspected if anybody understood, at least, it was Kimondo.

So Orion smiled back, and bowed before his Queen before being directed off to the side where the Shaman and her Clerics waited.

Kimondo watched him go, almost forgetting that there were still more to get through. The next, she knew would be the hardest. So she turned to her remaining lineup and looked right back Meshach to Kibetinyota and Kamia, smiling sadly and clearing her throat before turning back to the crowd.

"There were also two lions who sacrificed their lives trying to right the wrongs done by Shangyue," she said, "Umepatwa was still young when he died, ambushed by his own brothers on the order of his father. He worked hard to remind everybody that we didn't have to settle for a King who used fear and intimidation to control his subjects, that we could fight back!"

Umepatwa's loss had been very hard for Kimondo, though she had no idea how many out there knew they had been close. She had always been in the background, even when her favorite cousin had stepped into the spotlight.

"Uchanjaa was probably the first rebel," she moved on, "He fought back from the very first day of Shangyue's reign and was constantly in danger because of this. He never gave up on getting justice for our lost King, Queen and Princess, and ultimately sacrificed himself to keep that hope for a better future in all of us."

If Meshach had died that night, it surely would have been over for the rebels.. defeated but alive, that was enough, at least, to give the princes the nerve to act. Uchanjaa's sacrifice had not been in vain, Shangyue had not outlived him by much.

"They are not here with us physically tonight," Kimondo said, turning from the crowd to Uchanjaa's window and Umepatwa's mother, "But they have surely earned their place among the stars, and they will be remembered as heroes here for as long as there are lions to remember them. They will be known, too, as Knights of the Mwezi'Johari, in the Order of the Moon."

And that left only Meshach standing there with the Queen, and she turned to him with a smile.

magnadearel

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces