Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands
[META] Ba'Ushufo (Rites of Passage) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:41 pm
Organa gave nothing more than a raised eyebrow and a wary glance over to Tala in response to her obvious bemusement. If there was a enormous need for any clarifying in her little mini-rant she figured that Tala would point it out. If not? Well must have not been that important in the first place.

Letting out a short chuckle Gan leaned herself back in a slouch. "I hope so! Considering that that adoption is probably going to be ultimate end goal for these-" She patted her rounded stomach gently. Even with her attempts to not disturb the small battalion of half-developed sea-monkeys they still all responded to the sudden movements with jabbing kicks, a clear message to knock it off up there! "Tiny tots." She finished with a wince.

Hm, that certainly did give her an idea. Tala did say she was looking into the option for the future so she might not be most suitable of candidates but perhaps it was time that Gan looked outside of the Bahari for potential homes? Course that would entail getting the green light to make such an adventure outside from a certain doctor. But it did give her an idea to chew on!

"Nevertheless for what it's worth I wish you luck on starting your own family."

Epine de Rose

With her oversized legs being used as large propellers it didn't take long for Yukio to reach Maji. He was - as expected when someone jumps into the water with a weighted bag around their neck - struggling to get himself to the surface to catch some air.

Wrapping her paws around him she used her weight to pin him down against the floor. She really didn't want to make this whole thing worse or send him in an even bigger panic if she accidentally nicked him with her teeth. Grabbing onto the bag in her mouth tugged on it roughly to try and get it over his head. The problem lay with the weight already pulling the straps snug against his neck, and the thing had gotten to be pretty ill-fitting over these last few months.

Screw it, this was taking too long! With a snap of her head she cut the strap in two with her teeth. Slinging him over her shoulder Yukio kicked with her back legs to shoot them both to surface.

"Maji...?" She quietly called out over her shoulder as she paddled her way back to shore. "Maji come on don't scare me like this! Say something, anything."
Abominable Greenie

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 12:07 am
Shio watched Shui shake his head and turn to go and almost trotted after him, but something told him his brother needed time to think. He knew what he felt, although he hadn't had the near-death experience the other blue adolescent had. Still, the sea had rejected him and as a royal he was sure everyone expected the sea to take to him as well as it had to Huo. He lowered his head for a moment in embarrassment, but Euphyrates spoke and he tilted his ears in his direction to listen.

His words made him lift his head, a bit of hope blossoming in his chest. Just because today the ocean didn't accept them didn't mean it never would. He gave the sea a glance - others didn't seem to be struggling as badly - before looking in the direction Shui had gone. Hopefully another day would prove to be better for them.

"Thanks," he said to the larger male, giving him a tiny smile. He did feel a bit better even if he still was embarrassed at his failure. Hopefully by the time he was an adult he'd be a bit better at dealing with cramps.

"Good idea," he added, glancing at Huo. "If we get there now I bet we'll get first dibs."

Epine de Rose

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:34 am
"I do have my moments," Euphyrates smiled towards Shio and nodded towards where several of the adult lions were already resting. They might have observed some of the festivities, but every now and then an individual needed to retreat from the sun and take shelter. Euphyrates was no except to this, and without further comment he moved away from the two remaining brothers and towards the palm trees where he could cool off.

He'd no doubt go back out in a short while, observe more of the cubs as they offered themselves to the water, but right now he'd had more than enough excitement and needed a moment or two for himself.

It wasn't long before Huo offered a small shrug to his brother and followed the elder lion towards the palm trees. He could do with a moment or two of rest himself! Although if he was honest, he'd probably head back out to assist with some of the fishing when he had caught his breath a bit. If Shio and Shui wanted to rest for the remainder of the day, he certainly wasn't going to judge them for it!

SilverLutz
Fin for now on these two while they rest. xD; Might be back for the closing part though. <3

Ah, and so Tiamat had the opportunity to see that not everything had worked out for everyone. Xenon afforded a small, half-smile towards Kelpie who certainly seemed to be a little worse for ware. He couldn't blame her, the sea had refused her today and she may not understand why for now. Truthfully, all those who had been rejected were probably in a state of shock and confusion. The reasons for the ocean behaving in the way it did was often a mystery to them all...

Nevertheless, as Tiamat showered her attention upon Kelpie and her brother, Xenon turned his gaze towards Afina and winked. "What can I say? I have a weak spot for cute," he teased the blue lioness as he glanced at the trio of cubs and then over his shoulder. "Seems we're having a reasonably good day though, for the first annual one of these, it hasn't been bad."

He paused.

"Well, perhaps not for the monarchy but overall the ocean seems to be pleased with us," he mused. "Always a good sign, eh?"

Kimaria

Syrius Lionwing

"Thank you," Tala's smile was warm and Organa could at least be reassured that the pale lioness didn't regard her bitterly. If anything, she seemed genuinely pleased for the grey lioness... or had been until Organa made reference to locating a new home for her expected arrivals. Tala had never really considered the possibility that someone may not even want the children they were set to have. She'd have been naive to assume it never happened, but it was just that she'd never expected to bump in to someone who was of that view.

"You don't want them?" she asked curiously and tilted her head to the side. "It might be forward of me, but may I ask why?" she added.

Perhaps Organa had been subject to something she may have not discussed, but there could have been other reasons as well. It made sense for the white lioness to at least attempt to understand the reasoning before she judged anyone too harshly...regardless of how foreign the concept might have been to her on a personal level.

Pollack

Huo: 5 | Shui: 5 | Soleil: 4 | Solomon: 2 | Euphy: 5 | Tala: 6 | Peregrine: 3 | Chessa: 3 | Spectre: 3 | Durama: 3 | Xenon: 4

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:11 am
Irony. She had been peering about for the pale lion and yet the ocean had spit her right to the base of his paws - it was meant to be. Krisis stared up at him for a moment, ears flicking forward as she listened to him. "Excuse me?!" She asked dramatically, red-orange eyes widening at him as the words truly sunk in. "Wait. Wait wait wait... are you..." She inhaled deeply and exhaled in a sigh as she brought the words together - unfortunately the act didn't help her case as her belly extended with her actions. "Are you, sir, calling me fat?" The goddess hadn't moved another muscle beyond her sigh and yet it appeared now that she was holding herself back quite a bit - if one could see through her pelt to her skin they'd have a fantastic visual of her blood pressure sky rocketing.

It seemed Solomon wasn't done with shocking her... "My what now?" That was it, she must have sand in her ears. "My minions?" Krisis knew she had gained some weight, but it hadn't been much! Or had it... Instincts had been telling her otherwise for sometime now, but she didn't have any friends to go to, or her Mother. The thought had struck her that perhaps that one night with a big ol' lion actually did something, but again she didn't go to anyone. Yet Solomon was so non challantly brandishing the word 'minion'.

The horrors of bearing cubs faded fairly quickly when he helped her up and spoke into her ear. "Oh Gods, Solomon, how bad is it?" Her eyes glistened with tears, ones that didn't fall. It wasn't clear if the hormones had done it, or if she just had never been this much of a wreck before - the fact remained that she was hideous at the moment - perhaps even easily mistaked as some kind of fat sand monster. Oh the nightmares some cubs might have. "I'm hideous aren't I!" Her whisper was hushed, but urgent as she adjusted herself to try and sit comfortably with the bulge of resting on her feet and in the sand.

"Hey.. Solomon." She said, still whispering to him. "Could you.. reach my tiara?" She asked. "Please?" All in all Krisis had forgotten what the ceremony was even about, forgot that the ocean loved her and that she would be starting a family - none of that could be in her present if she didn't look just so.

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:20 am
The innocent mistake of bringing his precious bag of rocks and gems still hadn't made itself present to the young cub that had effectively tossed himself into the ocean with the intention of being loved, but found that the ocean could love him all he liked, but it wouldn't necessarily save him. Just as he sunk under he heard his name being called out - oh so Yukio had made it. The thought made him smile fondly at his memory of her face.

When the world came crashing down around him, bubbles and all, Yukio showed up and did what she could do best. The pale lioness had scooped him up and saved his poor little butt. "You have a pretty voice." He spluttered over her shoulder. Maji had his eyes closed and was smiling, even with all of the trauma he had just experienced he had his one light.

"You saved me." He said quietly in a relieved tone.

Pollack

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:32 pm
Well that certainly wasn't something she was expecting to get into today! "No, I don't mind it's just...ah." A big ball of mess that would probably take far too long to go into detail over? At the very least she'd want something to eat if they were going to get into this big discussion! "A complicated matter let's just say." She finished off with a sigh.

She could at least spare the poor woman all of the unnecessary nitty-gritty details. "My lifestyle isn't suited for raising children. They would most likely be hurt or possibly even killed in my care, if I decided to keep them and stay in these rogue-lands. If I returned back to my own homeland they would be imminently taken from me and given to the professional caregivers to raise until they were hold enough to be assigned their own roles in society." She explained, her voice softening as her gaze trailed down to her rounded stomach. It would have been a childhood without any compassion, friendship, tenderness, or intimacy.

She had seen first hand out here what a poor example of a upbringing she had been giving. She had experienced all of those traits in earnest in just the short year she had been out on her mission, it was something she was never going to forget - and something she wanted her children to have the change to grow up with!

"I might not be fit to be a mother however I still want a better life for them than I can offer." Strange and blasphemous as that idea might be for her culture!

Epine de Rose
=P Also the bottom bit is for you as well if you want Euphy to join in.

She had a pretty voice? He had nearly died and all he was concerned with was her voice...? Oh dear, perhaps he had hit his head on his way down? Or he was out of air for longer than she thought? Oh! Or she hurt him accidentally why trying to get the bag off!?

Letting out a nervous bark of laughter her feet kicked up into a higher frantic doggy paddle. "Ha-ha! Yeah I suuuure did, didn't I?" She replied, trying her best to keep up her normally chipper tone.

Ohhh what was that thing that her aunt told her when she got that concussion falling from a tree one time? Ah right! Sleeping. She had to make sure to keep him awake and talking. "Hey I guess you are really a rock huh? Cause you sure sank like a stone back there." She teased as she rolled her shoulder up to give him a gentle nudge. "Try to keep awake for me okay, Maji? I know, tell me what you've been doing since I've been gone?" She asked. Her eyes darted back to catch a quick glimpse of him every couple of seconds just to make sure that he was still with her.

Finally getting up onto land Yukio was quick to make a bee-line over to small group of volunteers huddled together. "Hey could we please get some help over here! I don't think Maji is doing too hot right now." She exclaimed.

belloblossom
Since you wanted Meara to help Maji earlier!

Astro Risk Greenie
Maji stop doing your GF a frighten.

Yukio: 4 - Kaluwa: 4 - Ume: 4 - Imani: 2 - Organa: 6

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:00 am
The green cub went cross eye'd briefly and then giggled at the way his vision blurred, a small sound that was leading towards slumber when. Nudge. "Whaaaat??" He asked the pretty voiced lioness - his Yukio. "Told you I was a rock, that was from day one. Today is just proof." He snickered softly and rested his head again to get comfy. "You're so soft, why haven't I slept on you before?" He nudged about some of her pelt, it was wet - not quite the soft he was thinking of, but still.

"I found more rocks and gems to show you.. plus a new hiding place." Maji tried, he was trying hard to rememeber things to tell her. "More rocks." He thought of the cubs he knew and the adolescents he'd known as cubs. "Everyone got quite big, but not me." He pouted softly, he was a decently sized cub and hoped to be big soon too - but his spurt just hadn't come yet. "Do you think I'll be big eventually too?"

He closed his eyes. "I won't sleep Yukio, I promise.. I just want to rest my eyes a little. I'm so tired." His limbs felt like jello. He hadn't even had to fight that hard with the ocean, but he still felt quite weak.

Pollack

belloblossom

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:26 am
Afina nudged happily at her mate. "Yes, perhaps next year we will be watching our own do this hmm?" She chuckled, she did want more cubs but she wasn't really in a massive hurry, she did just enjoy poking Xenon.

"You are a sweetheart, look how happy they are." She cooed happily at the little cubs. It felt strange for her to know that some of them had become one with the sea at such a young age. Even she had not truely set foot in the waves until she was an adolescent. Looking at the mixed reactions of the cubs and the fear of their mother though she knew that it didn't always work out. She most certainly would have been afraid for her own children if they had, had to enter the sea when they were as young as liviyathans litter. The blue lioness moved forwards and lay down beside the sea bellied lioness. "Don't worry you can try again soon, the sea is just temperamental, she doesn't always agree with you but eventually she will accept you all I am sure. The sea knows when you are ready and everyone grows up differently"

Liviyathan looked at the blue lioness and smiled, a slight sigh of relief slipped through her lips. Though of course she had gone through her own rite of passage, she was an adult though and the sea had accepted her. "Afina is right, you can all try again another day." She felt a slight weight lifted off her shoulders and the dark lioness nudged at Kelpie. "Go on, go and get a fish with your siblings." She whispers "I'm so proud of you all for trying, you should all bring something nice to the meal tonight." She coos nuzzling each of their cubs in turn,s he truly was proud of every single one of them.

Lusca grinned at both of his siblings. Moving forwards he pokes at Kelpie "I bet I can find a bigger fishie than you Kelpie." He pulls a tongue and dashes past Tiamet "I'll race you!" He laughs dashing towards the edge of the sea with his tail in the air.

Kelpie frowns, she wanted to listen to the older lioness that wasn't her mother, and she knew Afina, she was one of the head nannys, she was a nice lioness who had been born here and she knew a lot about the sea. Lifting her head she attempted a thin smile and gave a nod, she wanted to be defiant to her usually quiet brother. It seemed that the seas acceptance of him had brought him out of his shell. She was happy about that but the feeling of melancholy was difficult to shake. Still at her mothers encouragement she pulled herself to her paws and followed after her brother at a much slower pace, she didn't want to race but she would at least get a fish. She nuzzled at her fire bellied sister on her way past and nodded. She was happy at least some of her siblings had succeeded even if her own heart hurt from her denial.

Epine de Rose

Kimaria

Syrius Lionwing

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 3:45 am
There were no words for how Solomon felt in those moments. It took all of his self restraint not to laugh at the first set of questions and the immediate response that Krisis provided. This challenge became progressively more difficult as she quickly transitioned from confused to positively horrified by, well, he wasn't entirely sure at the moment. On the one paw she seemed to be taken aback by the fact she was pregnant (or just fat), and on the other paw she seemed positively distraught by the fact that she wasn't her pristine self.

"I don't know, hideous seems like that would be a touch too extreme," Solomon replied finally, a lilt in his voice that seemed to indicate he was thoroughly amused by the lioness. Her world might have been falling in around her, but her ever more pitiful demeanour was comical to the lion. It really was a bit of a spectacular show, but he would at the very least pick her up and dust her off before she simply flopped back into the beached whale position and sang the song of her new, aquatic family.

"Dishevelled would be more appropriate," he mused as he picked up her tiara and flicked it back on to her head. It wasn't entirely straight, but it was at was to an acceptable point by his definition. Quite frankly, being a little lopsided would do the pretty little princess some good. After all, if he was right in the fact she was expecting (and he was fairly confident she was), then she was going to have to get used to the fact that she wasn't going to look perfect for quite some time.

"Congratulations on both accounts," he added. "A very good day for you indeed."

Astro Risk Greenie
If only *Greenie legit worked to just summon you. =P

"I see," Tala replied; and she did.

In her time travelling back and forth between here and home she had come to realise that there were a multitude of varying cultures across this great expanse. Wherever Organa hailed from, was simply another culture and society she had yet to encounter. Though she might not have bought in to the concept of such a rigid society, she knew that some wouldn't have had it any other way. It seemed, however, that Organa may not necessarily have wanted such a rigid and defined lifestyle for her own children.

"In a way, it sounds like you will make a fit mother," Tala pointed out with a wry smile and tilted her head to the side. "You know what you want for the children and you've identified what you would sooner they didn't experience in your care," she continued. There was a pause as she considered what else the grey lioness had said and then shook her head just a touch.

"If they are truly at risk being with you, then perhaps they can simply stay here?" she hazarded. "This is a land you're familiar with and they don't seem to be adverse to caring for those in need, you would always know where you could visit them when you return," she continued.

"Well, if that was something you were inclined towards... I'm aware there are some mothers who would simply prefer not to know their chidren, but it sounds like you would, at the very least, like to be sure they're safe regardless of where they are..."

Pollack
For now I'll let it be Maji and Yukio moment, but if you need an 'adult' I can throw him in for you. He's just lounging at the moment and can totally haul a** if he needs to. x3

"If it's anything like the last army of children we had, it'll be quite a sight to behold," Xenon murmured with a touch of a wince. He wasn't sure if it was Afina or him, but they seemed to have a natural inclination to having ridiculously large litters. Not that he didn't love each of his children, but by the gods he had a large number of them and if Afina had her way, he was going to have to simply give them identification numbers and skip the naming process.

...At least they hadn't yet entered the realms of grandchildren.

Nevertheless, he gave Kelpie a gentle nudge as she slipped passed, acutely aware that she wasn't buying in to his mate's reassurances. It really was a bit of tough love from the sea today for some of them, but it wasn't as ominous to him as some of the elders seemed to regard it.

"You'll have your chance," he reassured her with a wink. "Even some of the princes didn't succeed today, so you aren't the only one. When the time is right, it'll happen."

He lapsed in to silence as the cubs seemed to shuffle off towards the net to acquire their fish for the closing feast. Hopefully, even Kelpie would carry her's with pride; he had no doubt Lusca and Tiamat certainly would.

Kimaria

Syrius Lionwing

Huo: 5 | Shui: 5 | Soleil: 4 | Solomon: 3 | Euphy: 5 | Tala: 7 | Peregrine: 3 | Chessa: 3 | Spectre: 3 | Durama: 3 | Xenon: 5

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:30 am
"What...?" Chessa blinked in surprise as the tiny cub appeared above the surface, soon followed by the eyes and nose of the spectral lion. Suffice it to say that Soleil looked positively ecstatic, she had not only been blessed by the ocean, but she'd acquired something to show for it without borrowing the many fish offered so generously by Afina.

"I know that one," Durama said as he finally rested his gaze on the striped cub, tilting his head to the side as he watched both the tiny cub and the large, hulking lion, move towards the shore again. "She's one of the rogue-born, but the ocean already embraced her earlier."

"It would seem that she has found our patient," Chessa murmured with a wry smile as the spectral lion finally drew to a halt and turned his gaze upwards to watch the cub who was poised so proudly on the top of his head.

"And he has responded exactly as you would prefer he did," Peregrine remarked with a rare smile of his own. He finally turned his attention back towards the striped cub and cleared his throat. "Perhaps you should get down from there, that fish of yours will not deliver itself," The clouded lion pointed out, his signature eyebrow raising soon after. Sure enough, Soleil gave a surprised gasp, an action that caused the tiny fish to drop from her maw and bap against the spectral lion's nose, but even then, he didn't appear to smart at it.

...An improvement. It was an observation that Chessa regarded with interest.

"Sorry!" Soleil declared as Spectre finally lowered himself to the ground just enough for the cub to drop down safely. "I didn't mean to bap your nose," she added, turning to Spectre briefly to pat it. "Oh and um..." she gathered her fish in her paws and gave a shy smile. "Congratulations!" she chimed merrily, finally slotting the fish into her mouth as she bounded off towards her own family to display her prize before attempting to locate her friends.

It left the remaining adults in their own company once more, Spectre momentarily distracted by the benevolent encounter he had just had within the strange and weightless world. While Peregrine, Durama and Chessa continued to observe him with interest - it was the clouded lion who eventually broke the silence.

"In regards to our previous conversation, perhaps you could provide assistance wit it Durama?" he hazarded and pursed his lips. "You possess the ability to be much more mobile than us on this occasion," he pointed out.

"Mmmm," Chessa murmured, temporarily gazing at the rabbit. "We can provide you with the questions you need, so you won't be going in blind."

"I can manage it," Durama replied and gave his chest a quick pat. "Shouldn't be too difficult, they've been making enough of a stir for me to be able to track them down..."

"You have lost someone...?" The voice finally spoke, the spectral lion finally aware of his surroundings again as he turned to look towards the trio.

"In a manner of speaking..." Durama responded in a cautious tone.

"But we've a fair idea of where to find him; or at least where to stop looking." Chessa finished reassuringly.

Huo: 5 | Shui: 5 | Soleil: 5 | Solomon: 3 | Euphy: 5 | Tala: 7 | Peregrine: 4 | Chessa: 4 | Spectre: 4 | Durama: 4 | Xenon: 5

Epine de Rose

Baharimtoto Pride

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:48 am
[I have updated the list of those eligible for the participation prize so far, if you still have yet to fill out your posts, please do so before the end of the meta to be included. I know there are several of you who are probably eligible if the rolled posts are completed properly!]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

User Image

It was rare that he was seen without his trappings, but when one had to be in the water as frequently as he had needed to be today, it was somewhat pointless to carry the extra weight. So far, everything had actually gone very well, for the majority of families there had been great successes... and for others, including his own, there had been some disappointments.

He had watched with his own sense of sadness as some of his own children had stumbled against the ocean they had come to love so much, while others in his family had been embraced willingly. It had been a mixed bag for Hima and he, but he wouldn't take it as a poor omen, only that his children needed further time to grow and mature before they were ready to truly be adults.

He'd overheard several adults as he had wandered through the crowds, assisting where needed and observing at other times. There would be opportunities for them all to try again another time, and in that period, they may have become exactly what the ocean wanted. On another day they might very well be embraced and walk into the light, today wasn't so much a day to feel heartache and pain... Today was a day for reflection and he had already decided that he would ensure that he reinforced this point later.

However for now, he simply made his way back towards the center of the pride to begin co-ordinating the hunters who had been waiting expectantly. While he knew that the cubs and young adults would attempt to bring in their own food for the feast, he had ensured that they were still prepared regardless. He'd take this time to inspect the resources provided and when he was satisfied that they were ready to go, he'd call back the bustling crowds so that they could have their much deserved rest.

...For the time being though? Well, the drama and games would continue until both he and the hunters were ready to call everyone to the hearth...

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 1:49 pm
Tiamat's heart mourned for her sister, then, and later - when all the buzz was over - she might truly get a moment to question, to grieve or even anger. Her sister was just as bright and beautiful as any Bahari? What had the sea not embraced her? The cub had so many questions at that moment and,
it was clear that she'd ask every adult she met until she felt that she'd been given an adequate response.

For now, though, there were fish to bring to the feast and in that, she could be excited.

With a smile and a laugh, she dashed after her siblings, rubbing or nipping at them as she ran by.

She had much to learn. That much was clear.

/my last post!

Syrius Lionwing

Epine de Rose

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 10:57 pm
She was interested in what Maji was saying, truly she was! She made a mental note to probe him later on about all the exciting new things with more enthusiasm. However the fact that all of this was coming out at such an inappropriate time, and in such a strange manner to it all, had her too concerned to properly be able to fake excitement anymore.

Her ears flicked to attention at his quiet remarks about resting. In a fit of panic her head swiped backwards, snatching him right from her back by the nap of the neck much like a mother would do to a very young cub. "No! Rouf gottfah stay ahwak!" She slurred hastily. Finishing off her point with a shake of her head to jolt him back awake.

Turning her attention back to the group of volunteers she stepped forward, lifting a paw she gave a short wave to them before extending a claw and pointing to the rather small adolescence in her mouth.

Kaluwa had been the first to catch sight of the panicked lioness. So another one had experienced a bad time in the ocean today? Goodness, he might have to suggest some serious double helpings of sweetened meat for all the kidlets who participated to try and numb some of the sore feelings from today!

Padding his way over to her his bright eyes gave a curious one-over to the still-blabbering Maji. "So what happened with this little dude?" He inquired as he moved closer to inspect him for any signs of damage.

Lowering her head she set Maji down nestled safely between her between her feet. "He went into the water with his bag of rocks on his neck! It sank him imminently and ever since I rescued him he's been acting strangely." She replied, her brows furrowing together.

Oh good gods above, the boy had willingly weighed himself down before going swimming? It took all he could do not to let out a bark of laughter. "So he almost committed unknowing suicide? My, I would say the ocean quite likes you, little man. Many adults have died trying to test their metal with weights in the sea." He gave a amused shake of his head. "Nevertheless, he just seems a bit disorientated but fine. I would suggest getting him in the shade and letting him rest." He finished off with a mild smile and a dismissive wave of the paw towards the palm tree line where a number of their friends were already resting under.

Pursing her lips Yukio eyed Kaluwa for a moment before she slowly took Maji back into her mouth. If he said he was fine, then that was the likely case. Still, she would certainly be keeping him close for the rest of the night to keep an eye on her darling little rock.

Not that she would expect Maji to have any objections to that notion!

In the mean time this certainly would allow the two some time to catch up, although this day might have not turned out quite the way she was expecting she couldn't deny it felt good to be surrounded by her loved ones and familiar faces again. The one currently being carried by her in particular holding a special place of importance in her heart.

At the end of all of this, it was still good to be back home.

Astro Risk Greenie
Last post for Yukio till the closing. <3

Organa couldn't help but let out an amused snort at Tala's notion. Her a good mother? Having the basic instincts to what better for your offspring, and therefore your future bloodline, to her was not something that qualified as anything special. It was biological, and she certainly was in no emotional state to go against her own hormone crazed emotions currently.

"I am touched you would say so but I wholeheartedly disagree with you on that front. Parenting would come as natural to me as perhaps a hippo trying to hunt." She remarked with a lighthearted grin. Truly she did appreciate the sentiments, even if the small bit of truth behind them was lost on the gray lioness.

The idea certainly did give Organa a reason to pause. Straightening herself back upright she lifted a paw to rub the bottom of her chin as she contemplated over the idea. "That certainly is an idea I didn't have before. Though I would still need to find a family to care for them here with the sudden influx of children that has seemingly swept this pride," She gave a nod to the sea of youngsters still preforming their own rites before them. "Most I would imagine would be too overwhelmed to accept another brood into their fold." She remarked thoughtfully.

She couldn't deny a small part of her did want to at least see what happened to her offspring, granted she had no qualms posing as family friend or perhaps a distant relative but visits did...sound rather nice to her.

She opened her mouth to reply to Tala again when a loud grumbling interrupted her speech. With an unamused grimace her eyes trailed once more down at her stomach, this time for another reason entirely! "Well as much as this talk has been quite enlightening and charming I don't think I can put off my stomach's endless demand for substance any longer." She grumbled down at her stomach.

Ah, the oh so many 'joys' of expecting!

Sighing softly she clumsily rolled herself onto her side so she could lumber her way back up onto all fours again. "If you wish join me and finish this discussion than please do, if not then I suppose I wish you a nice day." That was something that people departed with, right? Good tidings? She didn't suppose her culture's wishes of a strong spirit flowing within and a good death would quite suit the situation at hand.

Epine de Rose
Last post for Organa till closing. <3

Imani had been relatively quiet throughout the whole event. Once her brother had taken up his job as a volunteer she had contently sat herself down in the very spot he left her, munching on the fish that he had caught earlier in the day just observing the whole affair with interest.

It seemed that some of the young cubs - even those of higher status within the pride - had learned today that they had some growing up to do, hell even some adults had learned the same lesson today! It was fascinating to watch who exactly got favorably results, or who was going to be left with some reflecting to do later on in the evening. To an outsider like her it was almost like watching a well produced showplay, watching and silently rooting in her own mind for the new try-outs to prove themselves worthy, and experiencing a moment of disappointment when it turned out that today just wasn't their day.

There was one however that caught her eye in particular, the little white and green cub with the large bag around his neck. When he sank back under she had to admit that even she rose to her feet and started to make her way into the water to provide him some assistance.

Needless to say the relief she felt once Yukio popped back up with him in tow was almost palatable!

Still, now that she was half-way in the water (and dreadfully wet to boot. Gross!) there was the matter of that little bag that he had around his neck, it appeared to be missing now that he was out of the water. Not surprising that his rescuer would have had to cut it away but if it was important enough to die over than it must have meant a great deal to the boy.

Hmm, perhaps it was time for her to take her own plunge in the sea today?

Yukio: 5 - Kaluwa: 5 - Ume: 4 - Imani: 3 - Organa: 7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:36 am
Lusca looked back to his siblings and dove in to the net, forgetting that his mother and th older lions were there. It was a sobering day for many it for him the day had gone well. He would be able to tell many that even he as a cub had passed the rites. Perhaps it was time to come out of the shadows and be more brave? Perhaps, that thought could wait until he had a fish.

The turtle marked lioness nodded gratefully at the gray male. "Thank you." She whispers attempting a smile before hopping off after her siblings. Kelpie followed at a slower pace and though once she was at the net she felt caught up in the excitement her brother exuded she still felt a heaviness in her heart. She hoped she would be accepted by the sea sooner than later but perhaps she just had to wait.

((Taking Lusca & Kelpie out now but if any of her kids want to talk to Liviyathan she will be resting at the waters edge waiting for the feast and her kids))

Liviyathan watched as her tiny babies ran for the net and their treat for trying to tackle the waves. She smiled gratefully at Afina. "Thank you for caring so much about our little ones." She whispers letting her gaze drift to the waves. "They will all be accepted, one day." She sighed. One day, she knew wouldn't be soon enough for most of her cubs but they would have to be patient, she knew they would get there.

Afina got to her paws and nuzzled at her mate. He was such a sweetheart. It was times like this that she remembered why she loved him even though he could be so very serious. "Well I did promise you a little horde, I'm fairly sure." She laughed gently. It was true none of her children had given them grandchildren yet, but she most certainly felt that she was much too young to be called granny. After all she was fairly certain that she and Xenon still had plenty of life and cubs left in them. She knew that children were her life, she supposed that was why she had been so determined to become a head nanny.

"It is a bit of a miracle we have no grand children yet, I suppose i need to start interfering in our children's lives a little more." She grinned and wriggled her eyebrows playfully at her mate, she wondered what her husband would do if, and in fact when, he was faced with mates for his daughters.

Epine de Rose

Syrius Lionwing

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:15 pm
Tala watched the grey lioness depart, and rather than point out that the monarch himself had been inundated with cubs, she simply left Organa be. It seemed like this was the better option for the time being as it was clear the pregnant female needed a moment to herself. It wasn't for the white lioness to advise or dictate on business that clearly wasn't her's... She didn't even know her after all, and she couldn't really imagine herself in such a position to begin with.

Thus, Organa would be left to her own devices for the time being as Tala glanced here and there, before finally settling her gaze on the familiar blue coat of the lion she had arrived with. Euphyrates hadn't left to return to the feasting area in quite the same manner as everyone else; while he was certainly a considerable distance away, she could tell he was still observing the stragglers as they made their own attempts to impress the ocean.

It wasn't long before she chose to join him, bridging the distance to be greeted by a small smile. He'd no doubt answer more of her questions if she had them later, ever since she'd met him he'd been very willing to provide information when it was requested...

"All done?" She asked.

"They'll be fine," he replied smoothly and shook his head. "It's not the end of the world."

Pollack
Okiedokie! n_n These two shall exit stage left.

"I remember," Xenon replied faintly to the reference of a hoard of tiny furballs. He'd already had two sets, but he wouldn't put it passed his mate to ensure he was greeted by significantly more as time went on. However, it seemed that she had become momentarily distracted by the possibility of interfering in her own offspring's love lives. They might not necessarily approve of it, but perhaps it would be good for them to be reminded that there was more to life than...well...whatever they were doing nowadays.

Truthfully his cubs had ended up all over the place and some of them were more of a lost cause than others!

"It might be interesting to take an interest," Xenon replied with a wry smile and raised a brow. "Some of them might even surprise you, maybe they actually have someone and we aren't aware of it yet, eh?" He pointed out.

Nevertheless, it was quickly becoming apparent that the shoreline was beginning to empty as the majority of participants completed their rites. Now that the numbers had depleted, the remaining lifeguards would be able to handle what remained and he thought it appropriate to make his way towards the inner regions of the pride. If he found a good spot then he'd be able to observe the closing ceremonies without getting in anyone's way, and without them getting in the way either.

"In fact," he mused. "Maybe we can find one or two of them waiting for the feast," he chuckled. "You can terrorise them then," he finished in an impish tone as he began to make his way to the region the feast would be held in...

Syrius Lionwing
Should be able to follow now! =D

Huo: 5 | Shui: 5 | Soleil: 5 | Solomon: 3 | Euphy: 5 | Tala: 8 | Peregrine: 4 | Chessa: 4 | Spectre: 4 | Durama: 4 | Xenon: 6

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff