Welcome to Gaia! ::

Displaced Final Fantasy / KH Remnants

Back to Guilds

A place for final fantasy & KH fans still on gaia that would like to reconnect / meet 'new' fans. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Square Enix, Roleplay, Cosplay 

Reply Displaced Final Fantasy Fans
Reminiscing; lets bring those fond memories back

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PokeyHeadedBastard
Captain

Enduring Warrior

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 2:08 pm
Share your past experiences with your former friends with the rest of us.
Good times, bad times, things you did to kill boredom. Share it all!
Bonus EXP for screen shots!

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 7:40 pm
I was watching E3 with my friend Shannon, and at the current time, we had been really excited because we knew that Kingdom Hearts 3 news was gonna come out.

At the time, we didn't know how much was gonna come out, and luckily, we turned in to WHEN SORA'S KINGDOM HEARTS THREE OUTFIT GOT REVEALED. Lucky us, right?

I remember seeing his outfit and squealing so loudly (might I add my dad was here? And I quote, "I should have taken video and posted to YouTube, I would have been famous." ). Poor Shannon.

Shannon, compared to me, is this small, 5'4'' child and I'm 5'8''. I was the one grabbing onto her, almost in her lap, and when the dang NEW TRAILER came on, oh forget it I was all over her lap and just cheering and hugging her and Shannon was like "Delenn calm down." and I was just like "HOW CAN I WHEN THE GAME IS BEAUTIFUL AND SORA LOOKS AMAZING." and then I don't think she could take it any longer either because she started screaming too.

AND THEN THE TIME WHEN I HAD SEEN THE FFVII REMAKE TRAILER FOR THE FIRST TIME. OH MY GOD I FELL OFF MY COUCH I WAS SCREAMING. Have you seen the video of the bunch of people who were watching it live for the first time that trailer was aired? I dunno what company they were for, but it's like, three guys and one girl or something, and they start like "omg its not happening omg its not happening" and there's this one guy who brings both feet onto his chair like a gargoyle in tension and yeah that was me.

As soon as I saw Cloud's Buster Sword I screamed and just flung myself off the sofa.

...I have no control over my excited actions most of the time. ^^'  

Number9sMelody

Interesting Prophet

5,450 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • nuGen Staff 25

PokeyHeadedBastard
Captain

Enduring Warrior

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 8:42 pm
Number9sMelody
I was watching E3 with my friend Shannon, and at the current time, we had been really excited because we knew that Kingdom Hearts 3 news was gonna come out.

At the time, we didn't know how much was gonna come out, and luckily, we turned in to WHEN SORA'S KINGDOM HEARTS THREE OUTFIT GOT REVEALED. Lucky us, right?

I remember seeing his outfit and squealing so loudly (might I add my dad was here? And I quote, "I should have taken video and posted to YouTube, I would have been famous." ). Poor Shannon.

Shannon, compared to me, is this small, 5'4'' child and I'm 5'8''. I was the one grabbing onto her, almost in her lap, and when the dang NEW TRAILER came on, oh forget it I was all over her lap and just cheering and hugging her and Shannon was like "Delenn calm down." and I was just like "HOW CAN I WHEN THE GAME IS BEAUTIFUL AND SORA LOOKS AMAZING." and then I don't think she could take it any longer either because she started screaming too.

AND THEN THE TIME WHEN I HAD SEEN THE FFVII REMAKE TRAILER FOR THE FIRST TIME. OH MY GOD I FELL OFF MY COUCH I WAS SCREAMING. Have you seen the video of the bunch of people who were watching it live for the first time that trailer was aired? I dunno what company they were for, but it's like, three guys and one girl or something, and they start like "omg its not happening omg its not happening" and there's this one guy who brings both feet onto his chair like a gargoyle in tension and yeah that was me.

As soon as I saw Cloud's Buster Sword I screamed and just flung myself off the sofa.

I hear that and FFVII have been pushed back to a 2k18 release date instead of a 2k17 release date now. What are your thoughts on that one?

...and can we mail you to square-enix and unleash you in their production rooms? You sound like the sort with enough Tasmanian devil uncontrolled energy to light a fire under all their butts and push the release dates up. MAKE THEM WORK FASTER.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 8:55 pm
PokeyHeadedBastard
Number9sMelody

I hear that and FFVII have been pushed back to a 2k18 release date instead of a 2k17 release date now. What are your thoughts on that one?

...and can we mail you to square-enix and unleash you in their production rooms? You sound like the sort with enough Tasmanian devil uncontrolled energy to light a fire under all their butts and push the release dates up. MAKE THEM WORK FASTER.

Yeah, they've been pushed back, but honestly, I don't mind it all that much.

Am I upset? Yeah.
Do I want it earlier? Absolutely!

But do I want it to be a good game? Yes diddly dee.

That requires time. Honestly, Square can take all of the time they want (pls actually don't tho, I would like to play KH3 when it comes out, not my grandchildren) to make sure it's a great game. Everyone complains that FFXV wasn't a good game because it was rushed -- so don't rush KH3, nor the FFVII remake, either.

They say three years, give or take. I can hold out that long. I've been holding out for a while -- I wouldn't mind three more years to make both of them the perfect game.

Still kinda pissed that FFVII is gonna be released as a periodic game though. > : (

And yes, send me there! Maybe I'll nab some merchandise along the way~~~.  

Number9sMelody

Interesting Prophet

5,450 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • nuGen Staff 25

PokeyHeadedBastard
Captain

Enduring Warrior

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:07 pm
Number9sMelody
PokeyHeadedBastard
Number9sMelody

Yeah, they've been pushed back, but honestly, I don't mind it all that much.

Am I upset? Yeah.
Do I want it earlier? Absolutely!

But do I want it to be a good game? Yes diddly dee.

That requires time. Honestly, Square can take all of the time they want (pls actually don't tho, I would like to play KH3 when it comes out, not my grandchildren) to make sure it's a great game. Everyone complains that FFXV wasn't a good game because it was rushed -- so don't rush KH3, nor the FFVII remake, either.

They say three years, give or take. I can hold out that long. I've been holding out for a while -- I wouldn't mind three more years to make both of them the perfect game.

Still kinda pissed that FFVII is gonna be released as a periodic game though. > : (

And yes, send me there! Maybe I'll nab some merchandise along the way~~~.

T-three years?! o____o I can't wait that long! D<

Yeah I'm pissed about the release being periodically too. I understand why, but still, c'moooon.

See, everyone I have talked to says XV was a good game, I've not played it myself yet, sort of on the fence about it from the looks of it, the battle system is what is holding me back mostly. I like the old turn base better.

Only if you send some my way too! Merch, do want.

Have you tried World of Final Fantasy yet?

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:15 pm
PokeyHeadedBastard

Yeah I'm pissed about the release being periodically too. I understand why, but still, c'moooon.

See, everyone I have talked to says XV was a good game, I've not played it myself yet, sort of on the fence about it from the looks of it, the battle system is what is holding me back mostly. I like the old turn base better.

Yeah, they say in any of the next three years, so we could get it next year, or the year after that, or the year after that. I really hope what they said is true and not just some s**t to tide over the fans. Square is known for their infamous delays and saying stuff so that people will get off their backs. >>

And I loved loved loved FFXV. In fact, it's one of my favorite games! But I've heard so much complaints as well, and most of them have been about how it was rushed, especially at the end. I personally think it was fine, but eh. Everyone has their own opinions, I suppose. *shrug*

And yuppers! I played WOFF and I love Lann very much. He's so hilarious, especially in the beginning. He's so cute, watching Enna Kros just put sugar cute after sugar cube into her coffee and he just looks so confused omg. He's such a cutie! whee He's like a younger brother that I want to protect or something.  

Number9sMelody

Interesting Prophet

5,450 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • nuGen Staff 25

TurkReno
Vice Captain

Opinionated Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:11 pm
Number9sMelody
PokeyHeadedBastard

Yeah, they say in any of the next three years, so we could get it next year, or the year after that, or the year after that. I really hope what they said is true and not just some s**t to tide over the fans. Square is known for their infamous delays and saying stuff so that people will get off their backs. >>

And I loved loved loved FFXV. In fact, it's one of my favorite games! But I've heard so much complaints as well, and most of them have been about how it was rushed, especially at the end. I personally think it was fine, but eh. Everyone has their own opinions, I suppose. *shrug*

And yuppers! I played WOFF and I love Lann very much. He's so hilarious, especially in the beginning. He's so cute, watching Enna Kros just put sugar cute after sugar cube into her coffee and he just looks so confused omg. He's such a cutie! whee He's like a younger brother that I want to protect or something.

I'll...threaten someone! D<

I've seen the ending in a cut scenes vid on youtube, seems a good ending.
I didn't see where it looked rushed, but then again, not played it.

Lann is amusing. I like the other character's reactions to his actions / comments too.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:20 am

I miss the early 2000s internet scene and where the FF fandom was back then. I feel as though it was much more lively even if we had s**t-stirrers. I spent much of my time on IRC and in other forums.

I wish that I could say that I have fond memories of the Squaresoft fandom here on Gaia, but I don't. There was only ever one Vincent cosplayer who was really chill and his name was Ryan and he didn't do the whole family thing. Otherwise, I typically watched FF/KH cosplayers alienate one another if they didn't wear the most expensive (yet often inaccurate) eyes as some sort of status symbol or immediately come rushing into 1023 to stand beside anyone who dared to cosplay "their" character as a means of intimidating them.

Lanzer is working pretty hard to bring the site back to some semblance of what it once was and I've seen people returning. I hope that if we are to gain more traffic, that there isn't a resurgence of that elitism.

Your 3D Love Interest

TurkReno
Vice Captain

Opinionated Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:49 pm
Wutai Babe

I miss the early 2000s internet scene and where the FF fandom was back then. I feel as though it was much more lively even if we had s**t-stirrers. I spent much of my time on IRC and in other forums.

I wish that I could say that I have fond memories of the Squaresoft fandom here on Gaia, but I don't. There was only ever one Vincent cosplayer who was really chill and his name was Ryan and he didn't do the whole family thing. Otherwise, I typically watched FF/KH cosplayers alienate one another if they didn't wear the most expensive (yet often inaccurate) eyes as some sort of status symbol or immediately come rushing into 1023 to stand beside anyone who dared to cosplay "their" character as a means of intimidating them.

Lanzer is working pretty hard to bring the site back to some semblance of what it once was and I've seen people returning. I hope that if we are to gain more traffic, that there isn't a resurgence of that elitism.

I do too. It was a good time for the internet. Yahoo chat was still around, could always run into a final fantasy fan somewhere, either there or on Gaia.

There were a lot more fan websites with cool content on them. Tumblr wasn't around, and half the other social media crap people flock to. Facebook hadn't taken almost everything over.

I'm hoping the fans will come back as well, though can do with out the elitism.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:30 am
Wutai Babe

I remember all of that. People were so competitive, and "better/best" just meant "more/the most expensive" which was silly. Now that cosplay items came down cheap it seems like people don't do it as much anymore. It's like it's not any fun if you can't be mega-expensive. It felt back then like nobody would respect you if your avatar didn't cost enough.

And I definitely remember the days when if your character could be done pretty cheap and there wasn't any way to make the outfit better or more expensive, you just poured extra money into the eyes/face.

It was sad because a lot of the best roleplayers were there to roleplay, not devote their lives to getting the most expensive avatar possible, but nobody would RP with you if your avatar wasn't good enough. So most of the roleplayers left Gaia for sites without avatars and Gaia was left with a lot of great-looking cosplayers who didn't RP.

I like when it's combined together, and liked for someone to put the same amount of effort into their avatar that I did, but if I had to choose, I'd rather talk to someone who posts in-character than just have the same bland ordinary conversations I can have with anyone else on Gaia only with someone who is in cosplay. For me the cosplay is pretty pointless if you're not going to actually be the character. That's just how I started out in the beginning and how it's always been for me. Seeing people brag about being the best character but their account is just a basic generic normal account and they don't even RP always annoyed me. I remember when people had a cosplay account that they posted in-character with and then the generic bland ordinary stuff was on their regular-dressed main account, so if they were on their main you talked to them normally and on their cosplay alt they were in-character. Feels like hardly anyone still does that.

Swords and Hair Gel
Vice Captain

Fashionable Werewolf

Displaced Final Fantasy Fans

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas