Welcome to Gaia! ::

Displaced Final Fantasy / KH Remnants

Back to Guilds

A place for final fantasy & KH fans still on gaia that would like to reconnect / meet 'new' fans. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Square Enix, Roleplay, Cosplay 

Reply Displaced Final Fantasy Fans
Obligatory Introduction Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PokeyHeadedBastard
Captain

Enduring Warrior

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:50 pm
For many, this is probably their first stop.
Gather around, tell us a little bit about yourself. Either IRL or Gaia related.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:52 pm
I really suck at these things. Never know what to put. Not helpful, I know.

Lets see.... I first played Final Fantasy back in 1997 when FFVII came out. It's what got me hooked. I've played a few others since then. I've several accounts on Gaia that are Final Fantasy based cosplays. Most have been around for years.

The more well known accounts are:
[ Laguna Loire ]
Bald Turk Rude
TurkReno

I used to code profiles quite often. I inherited a guild under Laguna that is now very, very dead and quiet. It's more of a shrine to the past than anything.

I'm not the best at running guilds. I'm hoping those that join will help with that.

PokeyHeadedBastard
Captain

Enduring Warrior

Little Kadaj
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 5:34 pm
I got introduced to FF7 through Advent Children 3nodding I got it when it came out in America back in 2006, when I first joined deviantArt. I joined Gaia a year later in 2007. i believe someone from dA invited me over, and i wasn't really overly interested in a dress-up site so i didn't plan on staying very long... but then i saw people making their avatars look like characters and using their profiles/comments/etc as a way to roleplay and i really got into that. 3nodding my other ff7 account is Red XIII and my main account that i use the most is sora with wings. heart

i turned to kingdom hearts originally when advent children complete came out and i couldn't watch it :'c now, they are remaking ff7.... and i won't be able to play it, i'll have to watch it on youtube like i had to do with crisis core. :/ i have the black label ps1 version of ff7, and a ps1 and ps2. when the remake comes out, no one is going to remember ff7 as i know it, and just like before... i won't be able to play the new version.

kadaj is my ff7 mascot character because he is not really a part of the original ff7 story, and i have never really felt a part of the ff7 fanbase. in the beginning i was an outsider because i'd only seen the movie and hadn't played the game. now i'm an outsider because i've played the original game and not the remake! i'll never fit in and neither will he, so when i rp ff7, this is who i'll always be. gaia_kittenstar  
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:35 am
I got introduced to Final Fantasy by watching my dad play the first one for the NES and even still have the Nintendo Power guide for it~ XD I find more enjoyment watching the games rather than playing them myself and like helping the ones playing by pointing out things they missed~ :3

My favorite games are 6(though I first saw it as 3 and yes, I'm that old..) and 8(as my current avi clearly gives away) And I would love to see both of these games updated like 7 is..XD;

I do go to an anime/video game convention every year and cosplay, used to dress as Squall... >w> But now I dress as Bleach characters..Less belts involved..xD

This is my main account and the name is one I use for my FF8/KH/Bleach(yay recycling) OC~ But I do have two actual FF character Gaia accounts, x-Serah-x and x-Ultimecia-x...Though I don't sign into them as much..xD

Annnnnnd I think I've rambled enough..  

Aras

Loyal Lionheart

25,350 Points
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Princess Lightning Farron

Headstrong Warrior

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:09 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hello !
I'm Suzie. I'm 27, married, and a mommy. I've been on Gaia since 2007.

I got hooked on Final Fantasy by my husband (he was my boyfriend at the time). The first game I played was FF10/10-2 then FF8. My favorite games would have to be FF13 and FF15 though. Mainly cause Lightning is my favorite character and I liked 15 for it's gameplay. I also have a level 28 character on FF14 named Eclairsu Farron.

Lightning Farron is my main FF cosplay on here. But I've also cosplayed as Rinoa and Rikku before. But I always go back to this Lightning account.

My main account is Eclairsu.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:39 pm
Little Kadaj
I got introduced to FF7 through Advent Children 3nodding I got it when it came out in America back in 2006, when I first joined deviantArt. I joined Gaia a year later in 2007. i believe someone from dA invited me over, and i wasn't really overly interested in a dress-up site so i didn't plan on staying very long... but then i saw people making their avatars look like characters and using their profiles/comments/etc as a way to roleplay and i really got into that. 3nodding my other ff7 account is Red XIII and my main account that i use the most is sora with wings. heart

i turned to kingdom hearts originally when advent children complete came out and i couldn't watch it :'c now, they are remaking ff7.... and i won't be able to play it, i'll have to watch it on youtube like i had to do with crisis core. :/ i have the black label ps1 version of ff7, and a ps1 and ps2. when the remake comes out, no one is going to remember ff7 as i know it, and just like before... i won't be able to play the new version.

kadaj is my ff7 mascot character because he is not really a part of the original ff7 story, and i have never really felt a part of the ff7 fanbase. in the beginning i was an outsider because i'd only seen the movie and hadn't played the game. now i'm an outsider because i've played the original game and not the remake! i'll never fit in and neither will he, so when i rp ff7, this is who i'll always be. gaia_kittenstar

I was the same, I was conned by friends into joining. I wasn't sold on the idea of forum based things and avatar pixels. I logged in off and on, but was having more fun over in my usual hang out of yahoo chat. ( damn I miss that place ), when it died off, I became a full time member of gaia.

I could never get into KH. I tried. I made it to Cloud. I stuck with it to try and hear the Final Fantasy characters talk for the first time in a game. But...I just...couldn't...do it. Never made it to Sephiroth to hear his voice.

Then I had heard KH2 was 20x better than KH one from a lot of people, I waited until there was a clearance sale on the game and tried it... >> I couldn't even make it past the opening to even play the game, the main characters talked that damn much and no way to fast forward it. X.o I gave up there. However you might like knowing that in stores now they have:

From what I hear you'll have plenty of time to catch up on ff7, it should be coming out for the PC too, but it will also be sold in installments. Nah, you can't say no one is going to remember ff7 as you know it, there are us old timers that have played the original 20 times over and know that game inside and out. If anything any changes are going to throw us older generation that have played it for a loop.

The remake isn't out yet, you're safe there, no official release date on it as of yet. Being the impatient b*****d that I am, that pisses me off. Give us a GOD DAMN DATE! In the words of Cid...

PokeyHeadedBastard
Captain

Enduring Warrior

PokeyHeadedBastard
Captain

Enduring Warrior

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:42 pm
Aras
I got introduced to Final Fantasy by watching my dad play the first one for the NES and even still have the Nintendo Power guide for it~ XD I find more enjoyment watching the games rather than playing them myself and like helping the ones playing by pointing out things they missed~ :3

My favorite games are 6(though I first saw it as 3 and yes, I'm that old..) and 8(as my current avi clearly gives away) And I would love to see both of these games updated like 7 is..XD;

I do go to an anime/video game convention every year and cosplay, used to dress as Squall... >w> But now I dress as Bleach characters..Less belts involved..xD

This is my main account and the name is one I use for my FF8/KH/Bleach(yay recycling) OC~ But I do have two actual FF character Gaia accounts, x-Serah-x and x-Ultimecia-x...Though I don't sign into them as much..xD

Oh yeah, Nintendo power guides, those things were life savers. That and the game genie. >3
Feel free to drag your mules in too if you'd like. -nod-

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:46 pm
Princess Lightning Farron

Hello !
I'm Suzie. I'm 27, married, and a mommy. I've been on Gaia since 2007.

I got hooked on Final Fantasy by my husband (he was my boyfriend at the time). The first game I played was FF10/10-2 then FF8. My favorite games would have to be FF13 and FF15 though. Mainly cause Lightning is my favorite character and I liked 15 for it's gameplay. I also have a level 28 character on FF14 named Eclairsu Farron.

Lightning Farron is my main FF cosplay on here. But I've also cosplayed as Rinoa and Rikku before. But I always go back to this Lightning account.

My main account is Eclairsu.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Welcome to the guild. =D
Sadly I can't comment much on your games. I've not finished 13 ( the first one I think it is, the one with Snow as the main character. ) Not tried 15 yet, but hear good things about it. And 14 I have heard that was a PtP, right?

Though I have played 10. I can talk about that one. Who's your favorite on 10? Lulu was mine. She wasn't as annoying as the other characters to me and over all kicked a**.

Feel free to drag your main account in too if you'd like.

PokeyHeadedBastard
Captain

Enduring Warrior

Little Kadaj
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:48 pm
PokeyHeadedBastard
Little Kadaj

I was the same, I was conned by friends into joining. I wasn't sold on the idea of forum based things and avatar pixels. I logged in off and on, but was having more fun over in my usual hang out of yahoo chat. ( damn I miss that place ), when it died off, I became a full time member of gaia.

I could never get into KH. I tried. I made it to Cloud. I stuck with it to try and hear the Final Fantasy characters talk for the first time in a game. But...I just...couldn't...do it. Never made it to Sephiroth to hear his voice.

Then I had heard KH2 was 20x better than KH one from a lot of people, I waited until there was a clearance sale on the game and tried it... >> I couldn't even make it past the opening to even play the game, the main characters talked that damn much and no way to fast forward it. X.o I gave up there. However you might like knowing that in stores now they have:

From what I hear you'll have plenty of time to catch up on ff7, it should be coming out for the PC too, but it will also be sold in installments. Nah, you can't say no one is going to remember ff7 as you know it, there are us old timers that have played the original 20 times over and know that game inside and out. If anything any changes are going to throw us older generation that have played it for a loop.

The remake isn't out yet, you're safe there, no official release date on it as of yet. Being the impatient b*****d that I am, that pisses me off. Give us a GOD DAMN DATE! In the words of Cid...

wellllll i like kh because i'm gay and i really like sora/riku's relationshippppp sweatdrop *cough* OMG THOSE THINGS WERE AT THE MALL AND I WANTED RIKU SO DAMN BAD, but like u donno what u'll get till u open it and i was like 'pff i ain't doing that' cuz i bet u ALL THE MONIES i will get freaking donald duck emotion_donotwant but i thought about looking them up on ebay and just buying the ones i want directly gaia_kittenstar

and i'm not super worried a lot about the new ff7 as long as i'm kadaj because he's not gonna be in it lmao. he was my lil sanctuary before when i hadn't played the original game back in the day.

seph has his ac voice in kh2 but in kh1 he was voiced by lance bass rofl but u can barely hear him anyway except when he says "heartless angel" and then I dun hear anything else after that cuz i'm yelling "OH s**t ELIXIR ELIXIR ELIXIR s**t s**t s**t" emotion_awesome  
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:22 pm
Little Kadaj
PokeyHeadedBastard
Little Kadaj

wellllll i like kh because i'm gay and i really like sora/riku's relationshippppp sweatdrop *cough* OMG THOSE THINGS WERE AT THE MALL AND I WANTED RIKU SO DAMN BAD, but like u donno what u'll get till u open it and i was like 'pff i ain't doing that' cuz i bet u ALL THE MONIES i will get freaking donald duck emotion_donotwant but i thought about looking them up on ebay and just buying the ones i want directly gaia_kittenstar

and i'm not super worried a lot about the new ff7 as long as i'm kadaj because he's not gonna be in it lmao. he was my lil sanctuary before when i hadn't played the original game back in the day.

seph has his ac voice in kh2 but in kh1 he was voiced by lance bass rofl but u can barely hear him anyway except when he says "heartless angel" and then I dun hear anything else after that cuz i'm yelling "OH s**t ELIXIR ELIXIR ELIXIR s**t s**t s**t" emotion_awesome

Sora, blonde with the key. I remember that much. Don't remember which one Riku was. -Insert classic Cloud shrug here- You can take a guess as to what's in the package more or less by feeling it. Some characters have distinct characteristics that you can feel through the package. If Riku has something that makes them stand out from the others and you're looking at the picture on the box, and think you may feel that feature, that's probably them. -nod- With Mickey and Donald they have easy features to feel. Mickey the ears, Donald the hat and the beak. But I know what you mean, I don't do blind things for that reason, bought my first two blind bags not too long ago of small Ghostbusters mini-figures. Because, classic Ghostbusters man. I couldn't tell what was in them, but they were on clearance and I bought them anyway, can't really go wrong unless you get two of the same thing. As it turned out, I got the ONE I really wanted. Zuul. Aka, terror dog. You could do it that way too. But some characters on e-bay will be more expensive than other's.

>.o; -twitches- Probably best I never did bother to hear him talk. You know, never DID bother to goto youtube either and look it up. XD I've got advent children now anyway. ( which I bought before I got the blue ray player and THEN on dial up ripped that thing offline ( took hours ) just to watch it. When finally got a blue ray player, watched it in much better quality.

XDD I heard he was hard as hell in KH to beat, which is good. Would suck if they made him too easy.

PokeyHeadedBastard
Captain

Enduring Warrior

Little Kadaj
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:46 pm
PokeyHeadedBastard

Sora, blonde with the key. I remember that much. Don't remember which one Riku was. -Insert classic Cloud shrug here- You can take a guess as to what's in the package more or less by feeling it. Some characters have distinct characteristics that you can feel through the package. If Riku has something that makes them stand out from the others and you're looking at the picture on the box, and think you may feel that feature, that's probably them. -nod- With Mickey and Donald they have easy features to feel. Mickey the ears, Donald the hat and the beak. But I know what you mean, I don't do blind things for that reason, bought my first two blind bags not too long ago of small Ghostbusters mini-figures. Because, classic Ghostbusters man. I couldn't tell what was in them, but they were on clearance and I bought them anyway, can't really go wrong unless you get two of the same thing. As it turned out, I got the ONE I really wanted. Zuul. Aka, terror dog. You could do it that way too. But some characters on e-bay will be more expensive than other's.

>.o; -twitches- Probably best I never did bother to hear him talk. You know, never DID bother to goto youtube either and look it up. XD I've got advent children now anyway. ( which I bought before I got the blue ray player and THEN on dial up ripped that thing offline ( took hours ) just to watch it. When finally got a blue ray player, watched it in much better quality.

XDD I heard he was hard as hell in KH to beat, which is good. Would suck if they made him too easy.

-face...palm...- sora...isn't...blond... seph is the hardest boss in both games and he's optional. u unlock things if u choose to fight him. he doesnt do anything in kh1, he's just there and u can fight him and u have to beat him if u want to get the secret ending movie.

in kh2 he actually has a storyline and shows up in cutscenes n stuff, but.... most ppl who are ff7 fans hate what kh did to ff7 cuz it doesn't make any sense at all. -shruggle- but in kh2 he like stands in this one place and u gotta talk to him to initiate the fight and he wont do anything until you click on him, and i did have a lot of fun jumping on his head and looking up his coat at his a** wings. rolleyes

i admit i got kh because i liked ff7ac but its really a bad idea to only play kh just because you like ff, cuz all the ff chars are just cameos, their original stories dont exist, seifer doesn't know squall (and squall is going by the name leon) and so on..... but uh, anyway....  
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:51 pm
PokeyHeadedBastard
Aras

Oh yeah, Nintendo power guides, those things were life savers. That and the game genie. >3

Don't forget the official guides and well made Game FAQs~ :3 I still have my FF8 guide book, as useful for rps as it is for the game itself~ XD

:p Since I put the actual names, o' mighty guild leader, you could send invites to them if you want~ XD  

Aras

Loyal Lionheart

25,350 Points
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100

PokeyHeadedBastard
Captain

Enduring Warrior

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:57 pm
Little Kadaj
PokeyHeadedBastard

-face...palm...- sora...isn't...blond... seph is the hardest boss in both games and he's optional. u unlock things if u choose to fight him. he doesnt do anything in kh1, he's just there and u can fight him and u have to beat him if u want to get the secret ending movie.

in kh2 he actually has a storyline and shows up in cutscenes n stuff, but.... most ppl who are ff7 fans hate what kh did to ff7 cuz it doesn't make any sense at all. -shruggle- but in kh2 he like stands in this one place and u gotta talk to him to initiate the fight and he wont do anything until you click on him, and i did have a lot of fun jumping on his head and looking up his coat at his a** wings. rolleyes

i admit i got kh because i liked ff7ac but its really a bad idea to only play kh just because you like ff, cuz all the ff chars are just cameos, their original stories dont exist, seifer doesn't know squall (and squall is going by the name leon) and so on..... but uh, anyway....

He's not? Hm. Show's you how much attention I paid. XB
Ah. Alright. See, as I said, I couldn't force myself to get through KH any farther than I did.

Some how, I think Disney and Sephiroth would disapprove of that. o___o!

You're right, which is probably why I hated it that much. They bastardized the final fantasy characters and it pissed me off. And they even killed their personalities. Example. Cid. That's all I have to say. Cid. -nod-

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:58 pm
Aras
PokeyHeadedBastard
Aras

Don't forget the official guides and well made Game FAQs~ :3 I still have my FF8 guide book, as useful for rps as it is for the game itself~ XD

:p Since I put the actual names, o' mighty guild leader, you could send invites to them if you want~ XD

Yes, I have plenty of official guides around, I know I have 7 and 8's, can't recall the others I have.

...but but but...that's....like...work...and I'm not getting paid. D<
( sure will send them )

PokeyHeadedBastard
Captain

Enduring Warrior

Little Kadaj
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 5:05 pm
PokeyHeadedBastard
Little Kadaj
PokeyHeadedBastard

He's not? Hm. Show's you how much attention I paid. XB
Ah. Alright. See, as I said, I couldn't force myself to get through KH any farther than I did.

Some how, I think Disney and Sephiroth would disapprove of that. o___o!

You're right, which is probably why I hated it that much. They bastardized the final fantasy characters and it pissed me off. And they even killed their personalities. Example. Cid. That's all I have to say. Cid. -nod-

uuuhhmmm....

so, uh.... kadaj has great hips. *wiggles them* O3o  
Displaced Final Fantasy Fans

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas