Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Nations ( Naruto Rp Guild )

Back to Guilds

Gaia's most ambitious guild. Now updating! 

Tags: Naruto, Boruto, Villages, Ninja, Shinobi 

Reply ❧]| Fire ○ Country
||- Fishing Village [ Chuunin Exams ] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ergo War
Vice Captain

Enduring Guildsman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:15 pm
Fishing Village

User Image

___A small village on the southeastern coast of the Fire Country. Its dozen or so buildings are sturdy, but well-worn by the winds and ocean spray, as are its people. Most of the buildings are houses, with a general store, a grocery, and a small inn serving as the only non-residential locales. By far the largest structure is the wharf, which stretches out into the shallows of the ocean. A few fishing boats float jauntily in the waves. The local population is comprised primarily of fishers, along with an elderly man who serves as the mayor and runs the general store, a younger couple who runs the inn, a grumpy woman who runs the grocery, and a gaggle of children.

___This is the location for the first stage of the Chuunin Exams. While it should be immediately clear that this town is not equipped to handle such a large event, a local has posted up on the edge of town with letters from the organizing committee for each person who shows up.

Letter for Examinees
Lost Shinobi:

It is with the utmost humility that we must admit we misprinted the directions in our earlier correspondence. Please ask the locals for assistance reaching the stadium. Anyone not in attendance in two weeks' time will be disqualified from further proceedings.

Yours,
- The Planning Committee

___Instructions: Using your wits, skills, and the knowledge of the locals to figure out where the actual exam location is. Each participant is responsible for making their way to the exam station, with no benefits or penalties for any squad mates should their comrade(s) fail. Those with sensory abilities or Doujutsu will find those abilities only work within 100 meters of their location. Lasts until April 30th. Please quote Ergo War or Azeiel the Risen when interacting with NPC's.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:36 pm
Hideo Hyuuga
Geninxxxx
XXXByakuganxxxx
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

User Image
๑๑๑๑ As the pair arrived in the small fishing village, Hideo took a look around as he walked around. His eye caught something, a bulletin board with a notice for shinobi participating in the chuunin exams. Closing in on it and the man standing close to it, Hideo was handed a paper he read quickly, sighing heavily as he turned to Yuna. "I don't know what they are playing at, but this isn't the true testing sight. We're supposed to get directions from the locals around here, but if we don't gather the info we need in time and get to the exam location, we're disqualified. Something tells me this is more than just coincidence, but a test. There's just no way they would 'accidentally' lead us to a small random town like this, it's an exam committee. They do these every couple of years with all nations involved, the sheer amount of coordination between them all would have to be immense. I just don't see there being a feasible way all of them could slip up like that."

Pausing for a moment to take a look around, the boy shrugged. "Well, where do you want to start?"

bb3000ae

⊗⊗⊗⊗

Luo1304

4,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Barry_VII

Bashful Bachelor

12,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:56 pm
                User Image

xxxxxxxxxxS H I N J I G A M I
                              xxxxxxxx█████████████████████████████████████████
                              xxxxxxxxxx━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                        It's a shame I'm scared of heights cause when you sweep me off my feet,
                                        I can feel the ground beneath me sink into the sea

THIS IS A BROKEN RECORD. xxxx THIS IS A BROKEN RECORD
                                        xxxTHIS IS A BROKEN RECORD ━━ YOU'LL ALWAYS KNOW ME BETTER
                                        THIS IS A BROKEN RECORD.
                                        xxxx THIS IS A BROKEN RECORD
                                        xxxTHIS IS A BROKEN RECORD ━━ SO I'LL BE YOURS FOREVER

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                        tab ooc :
                                        tab state : Calm

Shinji arrived at the fishing village finally, eyes suspicious of what he was seeing. These hardly were the place for the chunin exams but this also was his first one so he didn't have much to gripe on. When he posted a local that was waving him over he retrieved the letter, reading it carefully.

So that was the first barrier was it.

There was no time to waste. Even if he had two weeks he'd rather be there sooner rather then later so Shinji set out immediately to the wharf. All of the water and moisture almost made him feel at home. He didn't know anyone specifically in the town of course, all of the faces he saw passing were strangers to him. What he did specifically seek out was any crews who seemed particularly busy, or fishermen themselves solo. Once one of these types was found he'd approach them.

"I noticed you had your hands a bit full there. My name is Shinji Gami, I came here for the chunin exams but seems I have a bit of time on my hands instead. I need a bit of a workout so how about I lend you a hand free of charge and maybe you can give me a bit of information afterwards if I do a good job?"

Of course he had no idea whether or not he'd actually get valuable information out of his chosen person or people but it was an important foothold he needed to gain. His appearance was also quite clean and he was very obviously fit, he just hoped that the local fishermen could tell he wasn't some string bean trying to help out with heavy lifting.

Ergo War

tab technique used : none
                              ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:12 pm
User Image
Even a copy. Can surpass the original.

(Y)una (M)ugen

{ OoC: }

XXXXX
XXXXX

Yuna looked around at the fishing village and shrugged. "Hell if I know, they barely let us leave the village as is, how are we suppose to know how to interact." She said frustrated at the whole situation. "I suppose lets go find who ever runs this village they must know something." Yuna said poking Hideo's cheek as she stood next to him. "Also check if you notice anything with your Byakugan, maybe there a clue around here or on the note or something since this is a test." She said as Doujutsu always seem to be handy in these situations.

|| Sunagakure || Genin|| D-rank ||
|| Mokuton || Ranton || Jiton || Katon ||
Chakra Points: 435
Stamina Points: 145

User Image
Luo1304

bb3000ae

Desirable Lover

Luo1304

4,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:36 pm
Hideo Hyuuga
Geninxxxx
XXXByakuganxxxx

User Image
๑๑๑๑ In a failed attempt to swat Yuna's finger away from his face, Hideo nodded. Forcing a single hand seal he muttered, "Byakugan" as his eyes scanned the area. "I don't see anything too out of the ordinary, but lets proceed towards the line of small buildings over there clustered together. I can get a peak inside each one while we walk by." Bringing the letter up and bending down as his hair covered his left eye from view, Hideo obscured his eyes from people walking passed as he jerked his head towards the buildings. He chose to walk on the inside of Yuna, putting her between him and the street while he was between the buildings on his right, and his partner on his left.

Head still down slightly, he turned to peak into the first two places they passed. They seemed to be residential. In fact, they passed a string of houses before buildings seemed to get slightly bigger which wasn't saying much. As he continued to pretend to read the letter taking only stolen glances, he noticed something odd. "My Byakugan is being dulled. I can't zoom into anything past a hundred meters." he thought to himself. Still, it was enough to see into two side-by-side buildings at the same time. As the pair walked, Hideo in a hushed tone muttered to Yuna what they passed.

"Grocery Store. There's an older woman inside, she seems to have a scowl on her face." As they continued down the road Hideo continued. "General store, an elderly man is at the store front. He seems...calm from what I can tell." Just then a bunch of kids ran by giggling and playing, a small distraction from the task at hand. Then all of a sudden at the last building, Hideo stopped and turned towards the door. "From the looks of the reception area inside it seems to be an inn. There's a man and a woman at the front, a small ledger on the desk facing outwards. If people are passing through here and staying, the inkeepers might have picked up some information on where the exams are from someone headed that way. If not, they probably would know who to direct us to. I don't doubt a lot of information passes through here, so they've gotta know something."

Opening the door for Yuna, he pointed inside. "You talk to the inkeepers, I'll take a look around. If we've been given two weeks we might end up having to stay here at least for the night anyway. Oh, and ask if they know anyone at the wharf willing to charter their vessel for a fee or at the least some helping hands. That way we can establish a good rapport with them sooner rather than later just in case."

bb3000ae

Ergo War
Are there any hidden chakra messages on the note given that I can see?

Chakra: 345/360
Stamina: 150/150

⊗⊗⊗⊗

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:08 pm
User Image

(Y)una (M)ugen

XXXXX
XXXXX

Yuna rolled her eyes as Hideo continued on. "You're so stiff about this get a little creative with your task." She said with a smile as she walked over to the inn counter where the couple was. "Hello, My boyfriend and I were wondering about getting a room for the night." Yuna said sweetly as she spoke about him. "We were suppose to be heading straight to some stadium where an event is being held. But he refused to ask for directions and we are terribly lost, love him to death but he just never listens." She rambled on about their predicament. Seeing as the owners were a younger couple, she was hoping to establish an easy connection by showing a common ground of being young, in love, and frustrated with her partner. "You wouldn't happen to know where this event is would you. I don't think I could last another day on the road hearing 'My eyes see everything, its this way.'" Yuna said, arguments on directions is an ancient traditions for all couples.

User Image
Luo1304

Ergo War

bb3000ae

Desirable Lover

Luo1304

4,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:26 pm
Hideo Hyuuga
Geninxxxx
XXXByakuganxxxx

User Image
๑๑๑๑ As Yuna walked towards the counter, Hideo turned and looked at the back wall scanning the rooms close by on that floor. Then he heard it, Yuna's idea of being 'creative'. His right eye twitched as he stifled a groan as he heard her speak. If it weren't for the fact that her rather unpredictable method of doing things seemed to actually make sense to a degree, Hideo probably would have turned and promptly disputed what she said. She'd taken a route verbally even he hadn't expected, allowing them to pose as merely onlookers to the chuunin exams and not participants. He hadn't factored in the chance that if anyone learned this about them the task might become harder.

Collecting himself, Hideo turned and walked towards the counter and groaning. "Well excuse me for usually not needing directions to where I'm going, especially considering I can see ev---...I can see ahead far enough to have gotten us this far! Besides, we aren't lost. We're...just stopping on the way." Scowling slightly, Hideo played the part of annoyed and defensive, stuffing his hands into his pockets and looking at the couple. "What do you guys think, have I been steering us on the right path so far?"

bb3000ae

Ergo War

⊗⊗⊗⊗

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:23 pm
Odoeb
As Shinji meandered through the small village, he would come upon a small fishing boat that was being docked and unloaded. The smell of fish that pervaded the boat would be overwhelming even to someone who had grown up near the ocean, though perhaps less so for someone who had lived off of the stuff for years. At the very least, the boat's occupants--an elderly sailor and a young girl no more than ten years old--didn't seem to mind it. The old man immediately seized the opportunity to have someone help with the heavy lifting.

"Oh, good," the sailor greeted him, his ancient voice holding all the salt and vigor of the sea. "Give me a hand with these shrimps and we'll talk."

The old coot bent down and grabbed a net that dangled over the side of the boat, waved his newly acquired helper down into the boat, and then began to pull. The weight of the haul was phenomenal, but not quite as phenomenal as the size of the prawns that made it up. Though there were only two of the creatures in the net, they collectively weighed as much as five regular people, each one of them larger than the old sailor.

"They didn't used to get so big, but now you can get a week's worth of meat offa just one!" the sailor commented enthusiastically while he pulled the net in. "Name's Shi, but you can call me Ryou. Gami, you say your name was? Had a mate named Gami back in the day. Or was it Kami... No, no, it was Gami. Well, Gami, these babies may look a bit big, but go down the coast a ways and you'll find some that'll punch a hole in your boat if you aren't careful! Vicious things, they are, but good eatin' if you know how to cook 'em just right. 'Course, we don't get as much fish with these things floatin' around unless you go reeeeal far out, but you make do with what you have."

As soon as the "shrimp", as he'd called them, were up on the boat, the little girl would hop out and scamper off toward land. The sailor called Ryou would test the moorings, redo one of them, then take a seat on the edge of the dock.

"So what pearls of wisdom can I give you today, Gami?"

Luo1304
Hideo would see no strange markings on the letter that weren't clearly accidental, such as a drop of misplaced ink. His Byakugan would mostly catch the ordinary lives of the villagers, with none of them having a particularly noteworthy Chakra signature. Though many of them were decently in shape, it seemed their training was entirely physical. The inn was completely mundane as well, though there appeared to be a few seal-like slips of paper in the walls, sporting designs he would never have seen before. If they had been actual seals at one point, all of their power had completely dissipated.

As the duo entered the building, the female innkeeper's eyes lit up.

"We don't get many visitors," she chimed. Then she leaned closer to Hideo's "partner" and started whispering so low that he couldn't quite make out what she was saying. She didn't acknowledge his question, seemingly too wrapped up in talking to Yuna to notice.

"Never heard of it," the man responded to Hideo's inquiry, giving a toothy grin as he did so. "You're awful lost, ain't ya stranger? Your lady wasn't lying. Might try the Leaf, though. They've got some big places, might even have a stadium."

At that, the man's significant other elbowed him in the ribs and looped Hideo in on the conversation she'd been having with Yuna.

"Shut it, you doofus," she scolded before turning toward the guests. "Sorry about Meshi, he's hit his head a lot. Like I told your girlfriend just now, we don't really know much about any stadiums. Things have been pretty slow around here for a while, but some of the sailors were talkin' up a storm about a new island or reef or somethin' that's popped up out in the ocean. Not sure I believe it, though. Same guys also say they saw some shrimp the size of a house and some glowin' seahorses last month."

"You never saw 'em, Yado, they were bigger 'an the ship!" the male, Meshi, interjected. "And the horses were real far down, but they glowed! I swear it!"

"Well," Yado began with a sigh, "that's how it is, I'm afraid."

bb3000ae
As soon as Yuna approached the counter, the woman's face lit up and she leaned in to talk with their guests--specifically Yuna.

"We don't get many travelers," she chimed cheerfully. Then, almost before those words left her lips, she started to whisper conspiratorially at the girl "They never listen, do they? It doesn't get better. Meshi here talks about stuff he sees whenever he goes fishing with some of the other men. Sorry to day, but I think you guys are well and truly lost. Nothing out here but--"

At that point, the woman's eyes snapped toward Meshi.

"Never heard of it," the man responded to Hideo's inquiry, giving a toothy grin as he did so. "You're awful lost, ain't ya stranger? Your lady wasn't lying. Might try the Leaf, though. They've got some big places, might even have a stadium."

At that, the man's significant other elbowed him in the ribs and looped Hideo in on the conversation she'd been having with Yuna.

"Shut it, you doofus," she scolded before turning toward the guests. "Sorry about Meshi, he's hit his head a lot. Like I told your girlfriend just now, we don't really know much about any stadiums. Things have been pretty slow around here for a while, but some of the sailors were talkin' up a storm about a new island or reef or somethin' that's popped up out in the ocean. Not sure I believe it, though. Same guys also say they saw some shrimp the size of a house and some glowin' seahorses last month."

"You never saw 'em, Yado, they were bigger 'an the ship!" the male, Meshi, interjected. "And the horses were real far down, but they glowed! I swear it!"

"Well," Yado began with a sigh, "that's how it is, I'm afraid."

Ergo War
Vice Captain

Enduring Guildsman

Barry_VII

Bashful Bachelor

12,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:37 pm
                User Image

xxxxxxxxxxS H I N J I G A M I
                              xxxxxxxx█████████████████████████████████████████
                              xxxxxxxxxx━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                        It's a shame I'm scared of heights cause when you sweep me off my feet,
                                        I can feel the ground beneath me sink into the sea

THIS IS A BROKEN RECORD. xxxx THIS IS A BROKEN RECORD
                                        xxxTHIS IS A BROKEN RECORD ━━ YOU'LL ALWAYS KNOW ME BETTER
                                        THIS IS A BROKEN RECORD.
                                        xxxx THIS IS A BROKEN RECORD
                                        xxxTHIS IS A BROKEN RECORD ━━ SO I'LL BE YOURS FOREVER

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                        tab ooc :
                                        tab state : Calm

Shinji showed no hesitation to get his hands dirty, though he opted to tie his hands with bandages to keep his extra mouths clear of the fishy dilemma. The young man listened to the old geezer as he worked, fingers helping pull the weight with somewhat relative ease. It seemed they had options for food, though the options tended to grow out of hand a bit if left to their own devices.

Once all was said and done Shinji wiped his brow with a wrist and took a quick drink of water from his flask.

"Well Ryou I was trying to find the chuunin exams. It's a large gathering of young shinobi from all over the world but it seems that the hosts made a mistake on where to send us. Have any idea where might be a good place to start looking for information about that?" Shinji asked well he sat down beside Ryou for a bit of a breather. In his mind there wasn't much of a point to beating around the bush when it came to questions, he needed a bit of guidance and that was what he asked at best.

With a brief pause he added on with a bit of a chuckle "Though I hope it isn't placed down the coasts. I'm not the strongest swimmer, rather not end up as some shrimps lunch"

Ergo War

tab technique used : none
                              ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:53 pm
Hideo Hyuuga
Geninxxxx
XXXByakuganxxxx

User Image
๑๑๑๑ Scratching the back of his head with a guilty grin Hideo shrugged. "Yeah, I guess you can say we're a bit...well lost." When Meshi talked about the leaf, the young genin took that into consideration. At least he did before the wife whose name he learned was Yado chimed in. Then Meshi seemed to get a bit defensive about the whole matter, and for a moment Hideo wondered if the man was actually on to something. Leaning in on the counter towards the man, he used his index finger to motion Meshi to do the same. Despite how odd all of this sounded, maybe the inkeeper was on to something. And after looking around, apart from some sealing paper with kanji he couldn't recognize that were devoid of chakra in the walls, the place seemed pretty normal.

Hushing his tone as he wanted to speak somewhat privately to the man, the Hyuuga began. "Come on, guy to guy here. Are there really shrimp out there that big and glowing seahorses? It's not that I don't believe you, but you don't look like the fisherman type. There's gotta be someone on the wharf you rode out that far with to see that crazy stuff. It's just...if I can talk to the guy you went out there with, I'm thinking maybe I could go out there and catch one of those huge shrimp myself. I hate to admit it, but I think I screwed up here. It would score me some big points with the girl if I could get one of those shrimp and set us up a nice feast for tonight while we stay here and try and figure things out. Seafood's her favorite, and I'm thinking it'll smooth things over. Plus hell, if I catch something that big there's no way we could eat it on our own. I'll give you guys a third of the meat from anything I catch, you guys will be stocked for at least a week and it'll be proof to your wife that you aren't just spinning a tall tale. Whaddaya say, scratch my back and I'll scratch yours?"

With a wink towards Meshi, Hideo wondered internally if he'd be willing to give him the name of who he'd ridden out there with. He figured a fisherman would know more about an island or reef way out there, and having a local vie for him would make it easier to talk to people down at the wharf. Plus, it wasn't like there wasn't anything in it for Meshi.

bb3000ae

Ergo War

⊗⊗⊗⊗

Luo1304

4,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Indefatigable Interloper

Distinct Smoker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:44 pm
User Image

She was getting closer to the coast after her last detour. Knowing she was on her last leg to the exam area, she started to tear the open invitation into strips and eat it. Shiori had been hiding in her own village, so she was sure as hell going to those techniques into practice, starting with disposing of the directions here. She'd already thrown her headband into the surf so it couldn't even accidentally be discovered on her person, as it was replacable, and filled her flask with sea water. It smelled, it would dehydrate her, and if she had enough too fast, she'd vomit, all for the sake of appearing drunk amongst the competition.

Finally coming to the edge of town she'd be given a letter, which she took and read over, looking up at the representative a few times while reading it. If he tried to speak she'd just burp and hand him back the letter.

"I came for the food." The letter has said 'further' proceedings, she though lt as she wandered down the street looking for hijinks. That means this was a test. An international event wasn't going to ******** up directions; she had to be in the right place. It was obvious, but almost too obvious. Fishermen stereotypically had marvelous tall tales about what they'd see at sea, and getting a small town population in a shinobi nation to go along with a misdirecting ruse wouldn't be that hard since they were only two posts away from Konoha. It seemed almost too easy.

So now the plan was to find how easily the locals volunteered any information, to see if any of their stories matched up, and track down the leads they gave. Freely offered info was going to be suspect. Conflicting reports were as well. The unknown factor were any teams or alliances that formed, for both himself and the exam staff, who were probably watching. If they stuck together they'd all get wrong directions and all be eliminated, right? Maybe they could cover more ground if they had the doubts she held, and arrive at the same conclusions, albeit faster. It'd go without saying she'd do all he could to ******** it up for the other shinobi if given the opportunity. Kanzaki had become to Shiori to exploit information and go unnoticed, after all. She'd keep to her initial theory, but ask around to have something to do. Hell, she was a burgoning chef, right? Fisherpeople ate! Time to find some work.

House, house, house, house... office, house house, inn, house, house. Not long and Shiori was at the bloody docks, a place she did not want to be. Last time a buxom Uzumaki accosted him all the way home, didn't have sex with him, then he died. That last part was unrelated, but still. She was hot and he was young. Already she could see one ninja working, because of course he was a ninja. Nobody else wore bandages. Boring. Then there were the sandals. It was always sandals. She was so glad she wore leather equestrian boots. The inn it was then, if for no other reason that to make some ryo on the side.

Taking a cue from old movies she stomped loudly outside, using a one inch punch on the inn door to force it open, then catching it with her open palm when it inevitably came flying back at her. Kanzaki would have let it him, but Shiori was using a technique that would end if she eas struck hard enough, and doors would do the job.
"I came here to get drunk and cook food. And I'm all out of hooch. Declaring her intent loudly for all to hear. Let them try to prove she was a liar. A drunken fool who could cook and happened to use ninkenjutsu sort of OK maybe sometimes. Not overblowing it by putting any extra hip action into her steps, she strode over to the counter to Yuna and Yado, rapping her right knuckles on the desk. "Would cooking here pay for room and board? I'm good with ramen since I trained at Ichiraku, and can learn this seafood thing real quick, considering... andIliedaboutthehoochsorry. I brought my own, but would love to try local brews. I'm Shiori Yamamoto."

巨乳

Current BGM:
Stats
Konoha Registration #379615709
Village KonohagakurexxxxxTitle GeninxxxxxRank Dxxxxx
Current Chakra 295 / 325xxxxxCurrent Stamina 315 / 315xxxxx
Active Techniques:xxxxxxxxxxEnergy Recovery (-): [ - / - ]
[ E Rank ] Henge no Jutsu

Personal Attributes:
• Professional Drinker: Recovery of chakra (not stamina) via 'Resting' at twice the normal rate while drinking alcohol.
• Flame Proficiency: Katon [ Fire ] ninjutsu cost [50%] less chakra to perform.
Class Reductions:
○ Bukijutsu Class • Learn Bukijutsu techniques one [1] post faster.
xxxxxMystic Hero: Ninjutsu techniques through held weapon [ D Rank ]
xxxxx•Mystic Hero: Can use physical bukijutsu techniques to negate ninjutsu techniques [ E - D Rank ]
○ Bloodline Class • Learn Uchiha techniques one [1] post faster.
xxxxxThoroughbred: Maximum Chakra/Stamina Increase
xxxxx•Thoroughbred: 5 Chakra/Stamina Uchiha technique cost reduction [ D Rank ]
Tags
Ergo War
Azeiel the Risen
Luo1304
Y'all wearing handbands?
bb3000ae
Y'all wearing headbands?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:46 pm
User Image

(Y)una (M)ugen

XXXXX
XXXXX

Yuna got in close with the inn owner as the boys got in there own conversation. "I swear sometimes it's like talking to a wall, I say stuff and I just get that blank white eye expression right back at me. It's even worse in the bed-". Yuna was saying as Shiori appeared on the scene and she backed away some, letting the inn keeper tend to this new customers. Though when Shiori spoke Yuna's eyes got wide with excitement. "You worked at Ichiraku!?" She said star struck, she was a big foodie and had started to read up on learning to cook before the exams. "I heard they have the best ramen of the five great nations. What is the secret? Is it the broth? Do you get special ingredients from somewhere? What is it like there?" The young girl shot out questions faster then an auctioneer, and her focus was more on the legendary dish of Konoha then any exam.

User Image
Luo1304

Ergo War

Indefatigable Interloper
We are not lol

bb3000ae

Desirable Lover

Pandora Green

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:27 pm
User ImageUser Image
                                                        WE HOLD ON TOx[xLxIxExSx]xTO FEELx[xFxRxExEx]x/xWE HOLD ON TOx[xLxIxExSx]xTO FEELx[xFxRxExEx]x/xWE HOLD ON TOx[xLxIxExSx]xTO FEELx[xFxRxExEx]
                                                        //////////////////////////////////////////////////x//////////////////////////////////////////////////x//////////////////////////////////////////////////x//////////////////////////////////////////////////

xx S O xx S H A C K L E D xx B Y xx " xS M I L E S x " xx ; xx S O xx E M P T Y xx

W E ' R E x S O x S C A R E D x O F x T H E x W A R , S O x W E ' V E x F O R G O T T E N x W H O x W E x A R E . . .
                                                        ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................

Elizabeth appeared at the supposed exam location. It would appear that the letter was a farce. Or at least a ruse. A task even? She looked around slowly before moving into the market itself, her ears straining for hints from the other participants. She wasnt being chatty, didnt know anybody and would probably be met with the same. So she watched and waited, not giving away her thoughts. As she rather non discreetly followed a few younger marks with suna headbands she found her mind wandering to sonyo, her old friend she had helped defect. A soft inward sigh would be made as her hand brushed against her new had mask, clipped to her belt with a snap type loop of material. Her goal now was simple. Learn the voices of these three, particularly the female, watch her Movment habits and discern what she could about her for now. Follow the group, gather Intel, and if need be a chakra string on bare minimum power attached to a pants leg could suffice for a tracking device.

ergo war

........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................

↗ Puppet Architect ↙ xx ↗ Licensed Nurse ↙ xx ↗ Brigand ↙ xxOtogakurexx ↗ UHV Defector ↙
                                                        « CHAKRA » 575 // 575 xx« STAMINA » 200//200 xx « AC » 1000 xx « RYO » 1000

A D D I T I V E S & P A S S I V E S ::
                                                          »
                                                          »
                                                          »

J U T S U - U S E D / L E A R N E D
                                                          »
                                                          »
                                                          »

Quote:
                                                        Quote:
                                                        Quote:
                                                        Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:53 pm
Odoeb
Ryou leaned back and stroked his chin contemplatively. It was clear he wasn't too familiar with the subject, but he was at least going to try to drum up an answer for his helper.

"Chuunin exams, huh," he mumbled as he thought. "We don't get much news about that big Village stuff out here. I don't think even Yado and Meshi at the inn would know, and they get most of the travelers. I heard someone found a weird town out in the Wind Country recently, but haven't had the time ta check it out myself. One of the deep sea fishers said he almost got stranded on some new shallows that turned up suddenly, but that doesn't sound like anythin' you ninja would bother with. Me, I think he just got caught at low tide, the eejit."

The sailor let loose a raspy cackle and slapped his knee at some untold joke.

"Course, if you're scared of some shrimp, maybe you shouldn't pick any fights!"

Luo1304
Meshi nodded enthusiastically, but his expression slowly turned unsure. He "hmm"ed and "hurr"ed for a few moments before finally settling on something to say.

"You see," he told Hideo, "the shrimp are real--even old man Ryou says there's some big ones down the shore a ways--but I was pretty wasted when we saw the horses. Thought maybe it was the moonlight doin' weird on the water, but the other guys all agreed it was horses. You know how you start makin' somethin' out of nothin' after you're out at sea for a while? Like, with mermaids and stuff when it's just seaweed."

Meshi nodded uncertainly, as though he had already completed that thought before moving on.

"You might find Wata in a boat at the shore, but he's usually out at sea for a while. Likes the way it feels."

Indefatigable Interloper
Yado was about to engage in some lively gossip with Yuna when in stumbled (crashed) someone whose diet seemed to consist of alcohol and not much else. She was about to shoo the indefatigable interloper out into the street like she did with all the other drunks, but then the claim was made. Ichiraku ramen. Big city food. Good stuff, too, if Yuna's reaction was to be taken for genuine. Yado glanced at Meshi, then smiled when she saw he was distracted by the other male.

"You make the food and you'll get the best room in the house, miss!" she exclaimed emphatically. "I've always wanted to try some Ichiraku!"

It was a bluff. She'd never seriously considered eating Ichiraku ramen before, both because she had never wanted to make the trip and because it was a bit out of her price range. Now that the chance had come to her, though, she wasn't going to let it pass by.

bb3000ae
((See above.))

Ergo War
Vice Captain

Enduring Guildsman

Luo1304

4,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:31 pm
Hideo Hyuuga
Geninxxxx
XXXByakuganxxxx

User Image
๑๑๑๑ Nodding after Meshi admitted to not exactly being sober at the time, it seemed there was at least some truth in the tall tale. Which was certainly a good thing too, he gathered this would work out rather well. The only thing now was to track down this 'Wata'. As for the older man known as Ryou, Hideo had a feeling that just might be the man running the general goods store. It was then that there was a loud thud at the door, as the genin turned to see a woman who seemed as sober as Meshi was the night he 'saw' seahorses and she slurred tome words towards the inkeepers. The woman claimed to have worked at the acclaimed Ichiraku, a place Hideo was fondly introduced to during his family visit to Konoha. The trip was bittersweet, as after he'd had it and subsequently had it four more times during his stay, he yearned for it in Suna.

Yuna seemed instantly interested in that fact of the drunken woman's life, pummeling her with questions. Nudging her with his elbow he chuckled. "Easy there tiger, take a breath. I'm heading out for some air, seems like you might be here chatting for a while. Do me a favor and get us a room okay?" Nodding to the woman who entered with a smile and then to the inkeepers and finally Yuna, he locked eyes with her for a moment before turning and walking past the newer arrival, opening the door and going outside. The salty air hit his taste buds instantly, but he rather enjoyed the change of weather.

First Hideo went straight for the whaf, walking casually until he got there. Most of the men there hard at work and usually grunting, the work looked tiring for sure. However, Hideos eyes spotted a man rather down who seemed to be whistling from the looks of his mouth movements. He looked sunburned and as if the sea spray had brined his skin, however the crease in his cheeks said he was smiling a bit as he went about his work. He hoped that was the man he was looking for, after all Meshi made it seem as if Wata genuinely enjoyed being a fisherman. Walking towards him and stopping behind him as he seemed to wrap up some rope, Hideo cleared his throat. "E-Excuse me. Sorry to bother you, a friend of mine Meshi said I might be able to find a 'Wata' down here at the shore?"

bb3000ae

Indefatigable Interloper
Nope, not visibly at least.

⊗⊗⊗⊗

❧]| Fire ○ Country

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash