SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:19 am
Orpheus Solon

Issaly paused as he tilted his head. Saraf was worried he was going to be taken advantage of by his friends. He looked down to Ullyee who gave him a equally confused look. He mentally sighed. "Saraf....Ullyee keeps the males in line, but they'll never turn on me."

He was confident in that. Therus flew to his shoulder to chitter at the oban warrior. "Therus don't mouth off. Saraf's an experienced warrior, I'm sure his reasoning is sound. Different beasts have different temperaments." Issaly said sharply. Therus huffed as he looked away. "Sorry. Therus helped convince the boys to be nice..."  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:05 am
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Saraf lifted an eyebrow at the sprite, his good eye focusing in on him, and he gave the small creature a look that said that he was far from impressed. Looking passed the beast toward Issaly he said, "Regardless of what your tiny pets seem to think you still need to make sure that you're strong yourself or else they might lose respect for you. It's just the way of things where some beasts are concerned." At least that was what Vanna had told him. It was why he and Grane got along well enough, because the beast knew that Saraf wasn't one to mess with.

"Come on then." He started walking forward, "Tell your sprite to behave itself, please? I might put up with his behavior but there might be others in the bar that won't. I wouldn't want the tiny thing getting into trouble."

Saraf walked along again, pausing only at the kitchen to call in that they were going on a walk and would be back later. Best that he let his mother know that they were heading out so that she didn't worry. He knew that she would be displeased if he just vanished with Issaly.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:10 am
Orpheus Solon

Issaly nodded as he gently nudged Therus further beneath his hair. He waved to Ms. Emi before following after the elder. "Saraf...I'm training to be a healer...is being physically strong really all that important for me? I would think training my magic was?"

He was just curious. It seemed like many people focused on training their bodies rather than their magic if they had the talent. If anything he would rather tone his body to avoid tiring out.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:43 am
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Saraf gave him a glance, thinking of not only Issaly in this moment but Arima as well. Both seemed to have the same sort of job and the same slight build. Was that just something that came hand in hand with being a healer? One had to be a small, waifish sort to get such magic? It was kind of hard to say but that was at least how it appeared to him at the moment. Shaking off the thought he said, "It's not a prerequisite from what I have seen but it doesn't mean it's not useful. If you have an injured, flailing patient you might need to hold them down after all."

Best that Issaly at least considered it so that he didn't end up getting injured by a flailing, uncooperative patient. Lifting a hand as they went he pointed to a building in the distance that was marked by a sign with a janarim's skull on it, "That is where we are heading. It's a favored gathering spot for the unit I serve with. We have leave at the moment so a lot of are in the city." Which meant that a lot of them were likely in that bar.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:05 am
Orpheus Solon

Issaly followed the other, taking everything in as he walked. He had a scarf wrapped several times around his shoulders to help with keeping off the sun. Giving him even more of a feminine appearance. He nodded. "Wow. Looks popular."

He looked at Saraf. "Are they...against Shifters?" He seemed a bit nervous.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:55 am
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

He nodded his head, "As I said the unit is on leave. We don't get a lot of time off given the job we do but when we do get time off... well, a good number of people head here. The others though..." He trailed off, shook his head, the continued forward, "This is where Vanna will be. She shouldn't be too hard to find in the crowd." She'd be the one making the biggest mess he thought to himself.

At the mention of being 'against Shifters' he said, "Who knows. It's not as though it's a common thing. The distaste I had for Shifters was a personal thing after a few run ins that ended poorly when I was young that colored my feelings greatly." That was putting it lightly he thought to himself but shrugged the thought off. No reason at the moment to rehash the past when they were at the bar for reasons other then that. They were here so that Issaly could chat with Vanna... or at least chat as much as anyone could with her when it was likely that she was deep into her cups already.

This thought was proven rather true as they stepped inside and his first glance around would find Vanna dancing on the bar while demanding another drink. Well... at least she was having fun he thought to himself, rubbing his temples for a moment before advancing.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:57 am
Orpheus Solon

Issaly looked around the bar, already seeing how he would never come in here without good reason. He was grateful that before he entered he removed the small gold band around his neck. He was told by another that it was the sign of a slave still in many circles. So, he slipped his scarf around his waist. Fiddling with his Mother's pendant as he followed Saraf.

Therus stayed hidden in his hair. The sprite really not trying to disturb anyone at the moment.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:50 pm
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Saraf said nothing as he walked into the bar, across the way, and up to the bar where the red haired Vanna was dancing. The woman whirled around, her arms windmilling for a moment, before she looked down at the one that was standing before her. She blinked a couple of times before giving a laugh, "Ah! Vice Captain, you made it! Here to try to challenge our best to another contest of who can out drink who?" She asked in a hopeful manner before hopping off the bar. She landed in a manner that seemed for a moment graceful before he stumbled back a couple steps, having to catch herself on a couple of the other patrons.

Giving a bit of a chuckle Saraf said, "Well, even if I started now I feel having to play catch up would assure that I'd lose against you again, Vanna." He looked at the other two that were there with Vanna, a hulking behemoth of an Oban and a half Oban, half Matorian woman both of which seemed to be drinking as well but maybe not as deep in their cups as Vanna. Yet.

Turning to Issaly he motioned with a hand at the trio, "Issaly, this is the Beast Master Vanna, the Berserker Dhaniell, and the Lancer Jessikha. A few members of the Outcast Unit that I serve in."  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:01 pm
Orpheus Solon

Issaly smiled as he bowed in a semi-respectful greeting to the trio. "Hi, I'm the Herbal Healer Issaly...Saraf said that Ms. Vanna was the one to talk to about Janarim care?"

He was a bit intimidated by the sheer size of the other two flanking her, but he figured that they were there for support. For now. Seeing as they too held mugs and were drinking. He looked around. Large eyes blinking as he looked back to Saraf.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:24 pm
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Saraf moved to sit down on one of the stools that was pulled up the bar that Vanna had been previously dancing around on. Once he was comfortable he said, "Issaly could use over all tips on the various beasts that he has but he seems to be the most serious about looking for tips on janarim for... well, whatever reason." He tapped a hand against the bar, ordering himself something strong to drink, as well as something more innocent for Issaly.

Vanna stood up right, before allowing herself to relax with her back against the bar, starring at Issaly for a long moment, her eyes squinting, "Ehhh...? You seem to dig twiggy, healer sorts, huh? That's an interesting type you have, Vice Captain." She said, before she gave a little pout, "So, you want me to talk shop on my days off? You're really no fun, Vice Captain... but I suppose we can do it."

Lifting a hand the woman said, "So? What is it you need?"

Saraf gave a bit of a smile when it seemed as though it was going to work out because that meant that they could actually enjoy the bar visit. It was a good idea to bring Issaly here even if it wasn't really his plan to go drinking with the Shifter. Might as well he supposed. Once the drinks were delivered he picked them up, "How about we go over to the corner table to chat?"  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:07 am
Orpheus Solon

Issaly looked at the drink that Saraf handed him. Blinking as he looked down at it. He looked up to the beast master as he spoke. "I was curious about grooming tips for a Janarim."

He followed Saraf to the table, flinching only once as his rear was brushed against a few times. He knew what that was. He could handle it, so long as no one flat out grabbed. That was his rear end and not up for grabbing. Not unless it was Aysun. He sat down with a innocent look up to the beast master.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:57 pm
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Vanna walked over to the table that they were going to be taking over, plopping down in her seat. Once there the others followed, taking their seats as well. Once everyone was settled and enjoying their drinks Vanna seemed to think over the question posed to her before she said, "It's actually pretty simple. Bring him or her outside of town so that they can get a sand bath. They rolled around in the sand and it helps get rid of annoying bugs and cleans them up at the same time. As their master it's still up to you to give them a once over to look for parasites that the dust bath might have failed to chase off though."

Leaning forward, one hand pointing at Issaly she said, "Look, Girlie. You like the... magically sort. Next time someone gets all handsy like that you need to shock them, burn them, or freeze them! It's the only way to make the idiots learn! That or get yourself a Dhaniell." She pointed at the big beast of a man who was sitting to her left.

Saraf lifted an eyebrow, "Handsy?" He looked around for a moment, then back at Issaly who was currently being called 'Girlie' by the drunken Vanna. She thought he was a girl? He supposed he could see it but that wasn't really the issue here, was it? The issue was apparently that people were getting too hands on with the Shifter? He supposed he'd leave be for now but if they tried it again he'd let the Oban behemoth or even the Mixed Blood lancer deal with them by breaking a few hands. They were the Outcast Unit, such actions were only natural for them.

"Keep an eye out for weirdos, Dhani, Jess. We don't want them bothering anyone in our group. Until he leaves our company he's a guest of our unit after all."  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:40 pm
Orpheus Solon

Issaly made a knowing sort of sound. "Aha. That's why he rolled around in the sand on our way in..." he giggled. "Oh man. I feel silly, I brushed him off complaining about the dust." he nodded then blinked at the group. "Oh...I have one of him back in Tale." he said waving to Dhani.

He paused. Did he really have one of the big back there? Was Aysun waiting for him? He looked down at the table. "At least...I think I do." he took a semi-long sip of his drink. "I mean...I left a note...not sure if he'll get it...or even understand..." okay now he was depressing himself. The youth shook his head to clear away the bad thoughts.  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:21 pm
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Vanna gave a chuckle, "Well, not everyone understands their habits so I suppose I can't fault you for trying to dust him off. They end up rather dirty after such a bath and it tends to hide their naturally beautiful coloration. It's quite a shame but something that they do to protect themselves. Same goes for mud bathes when they can find mud. It helps them cool off and also helps keep away various annoying insects."

Those at the table, save for Saraf, seemed to have little reaction to Issaly talking about having a man like Dhani back home. None of them knew him after all and in their drunken state seemed to think him female so it meant little to nothing. At least until he seemed to get all fretful over the man he'd left behind and the note he'd left with him.

Giving a wave of one hand Jess said, "I figure if he isn't waiting for you it's his loss. You can always stay here with us. We can always use more weirdos in our unit."

Saraf gave a slow shrug, "I'm not sure how well a Shifter would fair in the desert. I would hate to force him to stay here." A while back, sure, it was something that might have been possible but that time had passed. He was sure that Issaly would end up leaving soon enough, so no reason to really extend him an invitation to the Outcast Unit. It was meant for people that had no where else to go after all. That or those that weren't exactly welcome in the places that they might be able to go for various reasons. Issaly didn't really seem to be that sort of person to Saraf at least.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:45 pm
Orpheus Solon

Issaly took all the mental notes he could. Making sure to keep everything in mind for the perfect area to settle in. Did Aysun know of this? He would have to bring the info up to the elder when he managed to get back. He smiled at the group.

"Its a lovely offer. If things go bad in Tale, I might either travel for a while or just come back here to find a new life." he didn't like the thoughts that those words brought to his mind. He inhaled as he took another sip of his drink. Content to pass the time with the group of oddballs for a few more hours.  
◈ Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff