[PRP] Heartache (Shiloh & Jamie) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:17 pm
It wasn't okay, Shiloh had been right in realizing that, but it would be okay. Eventually, with help and with time, it would be. That didn't stop Jamie from writhing, though, it didn't keep his heart from beating fast enough that it might explode right out of his chest. The fear only got worse when Melany appeared. One was bad enough, two was the end of the damn world.

He squealed again, throat dry and painful, the sound of his captors a huge mess of garbled nonsense in his ears. When Melany touched him he jolted hard against the vines that restrained him, tweaking something uncomfortable in his neck. The shrieks quieted into whimpers again. The will to struggle began to drain out through his fingertips.

Or maybe it wasn't just will. Jamie couldn't place it, didn't have the mindset to, but something about him felt lighter. His long eyelashes fluttered dangerously as his head dipped to the side. He could see Shiloh, really see him through the haze.

It was hard to keep his eyes open, though. They felt like lead. He finally relaxed, looking absolutely out of it.

shibrogane

Melancholies

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:27 pm
    It was surreal to watch, if he was being honest. Time slowed around them carefully, Jamie's features slowly slid from lapine to human again, Melany's literal magic working miracles on the unimaginable terror he had to be experiencing. Their eyes met—Shiloh saw Jamie there, exposed now that the animal was gone—and then his eyes closed. For a second Shiloh felt his head leap into his throat, like he had just watched his boyfriend die.

It wasn't the case though, not really.

And Jamie breathed, and he relaxed too, the ball of light lazily fluttering down to illuminate his wound. The blood was shiny still against his skin, sticky and tacky and not quite dry, the vines pulsing like the had a heartbeat. The pain was dull, but it was slowly starting to seep in as the adrenaline eased out of his bones.

"He's okay...?" His eyes were vulnerable as he watched Melany, his body slowly inching forward at her beckoning. "He's okay... I-I'm okay too—" he said quickly, "He's, he's... he's transformed here, yeah, lots of times." Every time he swallowed it hurt; his throat was still so dry, "He said he was going to do something first, 'cause Finn called, and I didn't think... I didn't think he'd..."

Deep breaths Shiloh.

"This'll heal in no time though." He went back to deflecting the attention off of his arm. "In no time, I promise, it's—god Melany he didn't mean to, he's going to hate himself." He sighed, his hand rubbing his forehead.

saedusk

shibrogane

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:48 pm
With Shiloh's assurances, Melany turned back to Jamie. "I'm gonna let go now," she said, gently shaking Jamie's shoulder. "You're gonna transform and you're not gonna hurt anymore. 'Kay?" She released Jamie, and he shrunk down into a snowshoe hare. Not hurt. Not crazed.

"I believe you," said Melany, "I know Jamie, remember? Or. I know a Jamie." She stayed on the ground next to Jamie-bun. "Sit down, Shi, you look like you're going to pass out."

saedusk
Melancholies

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:03 pm
Jamie transformed, just like Melany said, shrinking down into a marshmallow lump among the vines that previously held him. It was obvious how tired he was from the way he refused to move for a while, stuck in an almost-sleep. The voices were what eventually roused him, the worry that lined the edges of exhaustion for the voice that sounded so much like Shiloh.

Shiloh...

Slowly, wearily, Jamie lifted his head. His small nose bumped against Melany's leg before his eyes could open and he seemed to sway in confusion before titling his head listlessly in the opposite direction instead.

shibrogane

Melancholies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:27 pm
    "I mean." Shiloh was holding his breath as Jamie shifted, and then he sighed in relief as he melted back down into a tiny ball of fluff, "From what I can tell... they're pretty similar. I guess I'm still kinda similar too."

He took a seat at Melany's request, infinitely looking so much better now that the situation was under control. "I'm really losing my ability to stay calm..." He commented idly, his shaking hands reaching towards the snowshoe hare, calloused fingers finding footing in the soft white fluff.

The flowers around his arm shifted, the vines ever growing. He winced—moved to grab it—but didn't, faltering at the last second. In his mind he reached out, wondering how safe and whole Jamie's mind was, hoping he could bring him any level of comfort despite severing it like he had before.

"I'm..." He hesitated as he tried to find his words, "I-I'm sorry I woke you up this late..." Shiloh was always terrible at thank you's.

shibrogane

saedusk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:32 pm
"You're welcome," said Melany, who didn't seem bothered by his terrible thank-yous. "It's okay. I was having a bad dream, anyway."

saedusk
Melancholies

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:54 pm
Even with shaking hands, Shiloh's touch was warm and familiar and Jamie immediately gravitated towards it. He lifted his head into his hand, nose bumping first, then forehead. The way he reacted was groggy, like someone coming out of way too much sleep. It was like he'd just opened his eyes to the world for the first time in days.

At first he didn't reach out for the bond the same way he had for the physical touch. It took a minute, his mind was thick with fog, but eventually there was a reaction to Shiloh's prodding. He was easing his way back in ever so cautiously, a warmth slowly spreading, opening up. Thanks to Melany, Jamie was tired and confused, but he was there, he would be alright.

Shiloh... The voice echoed faintly in their headspace, barely there. Where? He turned his head in Melany's direction. He could hear her speak. Who?

shibrogane

Melancholies

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:28 pm
    "A bad dream huh..." Shiloh didn't press it. He was too tired and there was a million other things going on in his head. Actually, wait, maybe it'd be a good distraction, "You can talk to me if you want."

One hand scooped Jamie's tiny bun-frame into his lap, the other one gently supporting his head in a soft cradle. You're okay... He seemed to tell him, the expression on his face tender and relieved and sleepy. We're in Otherworld.

He looked away, Melany. She's here. His thumb kneaded the space behind the ears, just like Melany was doing earlier. "I mean, whenever, it doesn't have to be now." His eyes set back down to look at Jamie again, care and love evident behind his eyes. It wasn't a look that he gave very many people. "Jamie's okay though."

shibrogane

saedusk

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:48 pm
"I can go," said Melany. Something impassive had shown up in her face, like she was trying not to think of something else. "You two shouldn't have to worry about me--Do you need a door back though? I can do that."

Melancholies
saedusk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:39 am
Without a second thought, Jamie melted right into Shiloh's lap, his head falling limp into his hand. There were a lot of things that didn't make sense, he had a lot of questions, but a majority of them flitted away in that instant. He'd ask later. Now he let himself relax.

For the most part. Jamie was a worrier by nature. Something about nightmares and don't worry only made him question more.

Melany... he replied, eyes squeezing shut in the most pleasant of ways at Shiloh's touch. Is everything okay?

shibrogane

Melancholies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:43 am
    Oh. Shiloh got it.

"I'll worry about whoever the hell I wanna." He said, adamant. "I dunno what you have planned for tomorrow, but you could come over if you don't wanna be alone. Like, I'm exhausted and I'm sure Jamie's exhausted but I dunno how well we're gonna sleep either." That is, without the divine intervention of a boring a** film to put them to sleep. He visibly winced at the thought of explaining what happened to Jamie.

Everything's okay now, yeah.

"You can text me at the very least." He offered, "When you get back home. If you don't want to."

His thumbs were still kneading Jamie's jello'd out bunbody. "Well, I dunno. Jamie might be halfway to passed out already." He pursed his lips, but in a gentle sort of adoring kind of way.

saedusk

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:47 am
Melany smiled at Shiloh. "I'll text," she said, "If that's okay. I just don't want to overwhelm him, he seemed so scared." She got to her feet and dusted otherfoliage and dirt off her pajama bottoms. "Here, let me..."

She held up a hand, and it seemed for a long moment that the sort of dust motes one saw in shafts of sunlight gathered around her delicate fingers. Taking this in hand, she drew an arching shape in the space of the otherworld, and a snow-static curtain draped down. On the other side was Jamie and Shiloh's home: peaceful in the darkness.

Melany said, "I think that'll stay until you use it," thoughtfully. "Anyway." She bent down to kiss the top of Shiloh's head. "I'll see you later. Let me know how Jamie's doing, okay?"

She screwed up her face in concentration, and then vanished.

Melancholies
saedusk

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:28 pm
If you say so... Jamie replied. The tone of his mind-voice was soft and tired, but mixed beneath was a familiar stubbornness that Shiloh would know. Later, when he didn't feel so exhausted, he'd ask about what had happened and he'd ask about Melany. He'd ask about why the three of them had met here in Other Ashdown and why he couldn't remember a lick of it.

For now, he gave into Shiloh's soothing touches. His eyes were heavy and he couldn't remember when they closed, but he didn't want to open them anymore.

It wasn't that he was asleep, not quite yet, but he felt safe in the situation despite where they were. Things would be fine. With Melany's help, they would get home.

shibrogane
thanks for the help Melany!!

Melancholies

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:36 pm
    I'll tell you about it

"That's fine." He smiled, tiredly, his arm sore. The bleeding had stopped, but blood was still dried and crusted to his skin, tiny little sprouts blooming their way through the coagulated mess. "Be safe, okay?" There she went...

He supposed it wasn't so surprising, but when they'd gone for sushi and she admitted that she'd never even been to the Otherworld, he couldn't help but feel shocked at her grasp and autonomy within it. Sure, the Spinel Lady probably played a role in that, but... He shrugged it off. Things to think about later. Instead he stood up, wincing as he did. When did he get this cold?

"Let's go." He told the Bunmie in his arms. The portal stood open in wait, and it shimmered gingerly as he finally took a step through it.

shibrogane
ty ilu

saedusk
wrap + new rp or cont?

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:22 pm
They were moving, Jamie could feel it. The warmth of their bed, the snuggly protectiveness of their covers, it was all calling to him from the other side of the portal. Okay, he said, finally and fully giving in. I know you will, I trust you. There was a familiar tingle as Shiloh carried him through the portal, but even then he never opened his eyes.

With a small, nosey huff, he burrowed his face into the crook of Shiloh's arm and slept.

Melancholies
FIN

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas