Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:02 pm
It was still strange to be in Other Ashdown, and find it not raining. More than that to see it be the reversal of the season that it was in the ‘regular’ Ashdown.

Strange to think that it had changed from that first time that he had been nudged into Ashdown thanks to Sunny, who had been replaced by a stranger, a familiar stranger who made him want to smile, and who really seemed to enjoy the old plush Panda he’d given them, again.

He’d changed his clothes once he found himself here; the gesture while it had been strange at first now seemed more casual and automatic. He found a wall, a blank space and stared at it for a while before reaching out and drawing a symbol – the old symbol or as close to it as he could muster. It was a s**t drawing, and he scribbled a finger over it, marking it out, and then shook his head at the irony of it.

He spun on his heel and took a breath, stuffing hands into his pockets and headed vaguely in the direction of the house where his mother had lived. He hadn’t gone to try and see it in any way since things had changed, since she died when he was much younger.
There were things he doubted were still there, but it was a curious idea to wonder who lived there now, would it be there house here now? Or would it still be hers?

He’d find a way in one way or another.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:14 pm
Shun was just taking a more casual stroll through Other Ashdown. At least he had been when a flock of gulls decided to make their rounds. He fended off a number of them before he found a large enough shadow to hide within. There were always too many gulls to really be able to handle. It didn't help that they seemed to multiply by the second. The best way, it seemed, to deal with them was to find a place to duck into until they were a good distance away.

He couldn't hear their calls anymore, so perhaps it was time to step out. Just as he was about to do so, he saw Zac making his way in his direction.

"Zachary. Hey dude," he uttered just as he stepped out of the shadow, revealing himself.

Endejester

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:27 pm
Zac started at the sound of his name, weirder, his full first name.

“Detective.” He said after a moment of surprise. “Didn’t realize you were there.”
He glanced the man over, taking in his Father’s Partner, or he assumed that was the case, maybe not since Jeremiah had a promotion now.

“I don’t think I’ve seen you since I was still wondering who Killed Heliodora, well... not including the Rift I mean, we were all kinda busy during that."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:42 pm
"Ah yeah. Some of those other gulls were flying around. Ever dealt with those things? Man they're nasty. Had to keep my head low while they passed by."

Shun rolled his shoulders before looking Zac over. Black shadowy smoke continued to steadily ooze from his left eye. There was no visual reaction on his part at the mention of Heliodora and her killer. His face remained as stony as ever.

"Man, yeah. It's been awhile, hasn't it? That was some real crazy s**t, and there's been plenty of work since then. Has everything been cool on your end?"

Endejester
With the shadow eye, he can see someone's 'inner darkness'. Feel free to interpret and describe this however you please if you want.

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:51 pm
“No, I’ve been lucky enough not to ever run into them.” He said tipping his head curious.
“I did run into an apple that, tastes like you’re chewing on ground glass, that was interesting.”

He said this slowly as he studied the strange eye that was seeping smoke.
“That looks really ******** up. I thought my eyes were odd, or even the hair now but that is pretty cryptid. I guess it fits in a way.”

Blade Kuroda
There was something deep and dark in Zac all right, all turned inward, if Anxiety, and Sadness could be forged into daggers and sharp edges that’s what it amounted to. Every failure was a hair width away from what society would call poor choices.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:39 pm
"Woah. That sounds... hella nasty. Did it do anything to you?" Shun asked.

He paused for a moment as his eye was brought up.

"Guess so. Blame the crazy tentacle eyeball monster that stole it in the first place," he stated before looking him over a bit, "Come to think of it, you seem a more starry than when I last saw you too."

Endejester

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:44 pm
Zac shook his head, frowning a little at the phrasing.
“No, I spat it out, it tasted like, cold or something.” He shrugged.

“Yeah… I’m the star spangled dumbass.” He confirmed, though it was more a self-mockery than strait up depreciation.

“Crazy tentacle Eyeball monsters. I think I’m glad I missed that one.” He mused.

“Probably I wouldn’t have been any more effective at stopping it than I have been at saving anyone else.” He shook his head looking thoughtful. “Kind of makes me wonder about Karma honestly, not… mine mind you.”

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:53 pm
"Probably for the better. If it tasted like that, I bet it'd cut up your insides too or something. Not the sort of apple that'd keep the doc away, if you know what I mean."

Shun raised his brow at Zac, "Surprised you haven't heard of it. Popped up in the middle of the farmer's market one day and bam. Started ripping out eyeballs of anyone it got a hold of. A couple people died. Bunch of the others helped take it down, though."

He found himself tilting his head at the karma comment.

"You saying that everyone who got hurt or killed that day mighta deserved it or something?"

Endejester

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:03 pm
“We don’t know their stories do we?” He shrugged. “That or Karma isn’t as strait as all that… like maybe I did something in another incarnation, and that’s why everyone I try to save seems to die.”

He shook his head and ran a hand through his hair.

“I mean, how many people say… Kill me, and someone is totally down to cut their throat. Maybe Karma is getting other people killed, and not knowing for sure if there was more you could do, because you don’t get second chances.”

“We get so sure we’re doing the right thing, but it honestly feels like we just keep ******** it up.”

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:17 pm
Shun continued to have no visual reaction to some of the words said here. He couldn't help but feel that Zac was trying to get something out of him, considering a few choice things said, but he showed nothing.

"If what you say is true then all of us got some wicked a** karma against us right about now. Could any of us have done more? Probably. But it's too late now. There's still this big a** mess and all we can do is push on and keep trying to fix it and stuff. The alternative is giving up. And that ain't cool, man."

Failure. Was not an option. And to give up was basically to admit failure.

Endejester

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:46 pm
“Given what Sunny told me, since… I feel like you still think it’s a secret, I’d say that’s pretty hypocritical. I guess she was a special case since you got to hold the knife?” He shrugged.

“Maybe, it’s cooler that way?”

“So… other than that, what brings you to other Ashdown? I’m sure you’ve got a lot more information than I do, I mean I wasn’t out there loosing an eye and other creepy things, I just have, this…” He raised an arm to glance at the black hand print on his wrist.

“Still looking into that though.”

Blade Kuroda
aaaa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:57 pm
Shun slowly tilted his head at Zac, "Not sure what Sunny told you exactly, but I'd say you still don't know jack s**t. I haven't given up. I still got my word to keep."

Something he was having some trouble with. Things went differently than what he, and probably Heliodora, had in mind. The core of what he had promised was still mostly in tact though. Keep the Enemy from doing what he wanted with the magic of the world, and stop the cycles.

He folded his arms over his chest, staring hard at the young man. The detective felt no need to explain why he was here. His gaze flicked to the wrist briefly and shrugged.

"Got a slap on your wrist for something?"

Endejester

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:04 pm
“She told me, that you cut Heliodora’s throat.” He said bluntly.

“So I’d say I know the s**t, but not the reasons, or excuses, what those get called are ultimately not something I think either of us get to choose.”

“And no, not a slap, it looks like a grab, but like a little kid did it. That’s what’s so weird. Also, honestly it looks like they never washed their hands, but I guess at least it’s not red like some creepy metaphor”

“Anyone tell you, that you have less facial expression than a Muppet?” He furrowed his brow. Do you practice that to be like, extra brooding?“

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:17 pm
"And you assumed based on that alone that I'ma hypocrite for saying not to give up. That's why you don't know s**t," Shun stated coolly. There was little point in saying anything else beyond that. He didn't owe Zac an explanation, nor would it have gotten anywhere based on the way he was acting now.

"Not sure if you're trying to get my insight on the mark, but the jabs you're trying to make are not really helping, man."

His patience was growing thin, and while it was steadily becoming more tempting as this conversation went on, he didn't really want to have to explain to Jeremiah why he punched his kid, or something.

"You're on your own there," he shrugged while he started to back away.

Endejester

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:44 pm
"Nah, I find the things worth knowing? Those I can find out, it's a good thing that I'm really not alone, and...honestly it's better because I don't have to hide something so big to keep it that way. Good luck man. I'm sure it was worth it... right?"

Whatever Shun thought he was trying for, his detective work had missed the mark.

"If you need help, I'll still be there though. I guess that's because I'm not giving up."

Blade Kuroda

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces