[PRP] Eye spy [Alexis/Shun] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:40 pm
If there was one thing Other Ashdown had over its more normal counterpart, it was that it tended to allow for more solitude. There was also the fact that he could more or less parkour in peace without people going 'is that Detective Kuroda, what the hell is he doing running and jumping over s**t like that over there?'

He was still getting acquainted with his new eye, so now seemed as good of a time as any to be running, jumping, and climbing all over the damn place.

At some point, he made his way up to the top of some office building, where he stopped to rest for a little while.

Daekie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:55 pm
There was a pointed wolf-whistle from next to the chimney; Alexis was lounging, back against the brick, with a half-eaten slice of pizza in one hand. "Nice one," they called, "but you need to widen your grip, yeah? You landed too far forward on your feet when you stepped forward -" they stopped to take a bite, careful as anything, and chewed for a second - "but hey, what do I know, right."

They looked smug. It was an odd look on them; Shun had really only seen them bitter and tired, or focused, danger-honed to a fine gleam. There was tomato sauce half-smeared across one corner of their lips, and they called a water bottle - still cold - out of thin air, holding it out in their free hand, not making a move to come towards him yet. "Take it, I've got more."

Blade Kuroda

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:16 pm
Shun turned sharply as he heard the whistle from behind. He wasn't sure who else was around right now. There was Alexis, lounging against the chimney of the building.

Dark smoke rose from his left eye as he stared at the young noble who seemed rather smug right about now.

"Sure," he shrugged before glancing to the bottle that had just been conjured. There was a small hint of caution and uncertainty as he walked over to take the bottle. Offerings of free food or drink from anyone he wasn't too familiar with always had him a little suspicious. And there was the fact that this was also Other Ashdown. He didn't really trust the food and drink around here. Still.

"Thanks," he murmured, "Is this your perch or something?"

Daekie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:35 pm
"It's not food from here, don't worry about the whole 'eat half a pomegranate you're stuck on this building for a year or whatever'," Alexis shrugged right back. "It's magic, yeah, but it's from the other side." They vanished the pizza slice probably back to whereever they'd gotten the water from. "Hammerspace s**t. I just use it for snacks. What else'm I gonna carry around, besides spare clothes? A lockpick? Please."

It was half-a-grin, half-a-smirk; awkward, in the sense that it looked like their face wasn't used to anything besides the resting frown anymore. Their neck was bare, and there were lines of symmetrical raised tissue on each side; scars, maybe, or something similar.

"Nice eye. It's my perch inasmuch as every rooftop is, yanno?"

Blade Kuroda

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:04 pm
Shun tilted his head at that.

"So you basically have a pocket dimension or something to just carry s**t?" he asked, clarifying to make sure he was understanding that correctly. He hadn't seen anyone else with an ability like that, but honestly, he shouldn't be surprised that it was possible.

There were weirder abilities, and quite frankly, that seemed like a pretty useful one.

He took note of the odd lines going up their neck. Scars? They almost looked like gills in a way. Given the eyes and teeth, that may make sense. Magic seemed to be shaping them to be more and more like a shark.

In regards to the comment about the eye, he let out a low grunt while looking Alexis over, "Better than having none there. Getting used to a missing eye was... is not entirely pleasant." Though, he kept it covered up in the regular world.

Opening up the bottle, he glanced down at the water, then went ahead to take a drink.

Daekie
With the shadow eye he can see a person's 'inner darkness'. Feel free to interpret that however and describe as such if you'd like.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:16 pm
"Haven't tried stuffin' someone else in there," Alexis shrugged, and left it at that. "I'm sure it's probably got better applications, but snacking is a noble cause, so it's a snackhouse now. Don't worry 'bout me, it stays warm. You look tired." There was a note of flustered to their voice, like they expected him to second guess them, to ask for a reason for their charity.

And with the eye -- well. Alexis looked like liquid shadow, constantly moving, disoriented, disjointed -- it roiled most furious in their hands, their chest, but left blotted patches where there was none all across their torso. Like a storm at the bottom of the sea. Dripping, dripping, dripping and evaporating before it hit the rooftop.

"People who're half blind in their left eye gotta stick together," they snickered. "Don't see too many of us out here."

Blade Kuroda

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:08 am
Shun made a note that they could potentially hide a body in that pocket dimension. Though, there'd never be any way he could verify such a thing if it happened, short of witnessing it personally. It was still just good to know.

"I was running around," he explained. But the physical exertion was hardly the only reason he was tired. There was so much s**t going on, "And you seem... oddly in a good mood, or something."

That might not have been the right word for it, but they were more mellow than any other time he had seen them, to be sure. They were usually somewhat aggressive towards him.

The way they appeared to his magical eye was a little distracting, but that may just be because he wasn't used to seeing people like that. He pretty much only had the eye uncovered when in Other Ashdown or at his apartment.

"True. Most people have full use of both eyes. I was not even quite aware there was something wrong with your left," he shrugged. Briefly, he glanced to the water bottle, "What brings you out here anyway? Just relaxing with a snack break?"

Daekie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:44 pm
"I try not to be in a good mood," Alexis shrugged. "Too much can go wrong. But nothin's gone horribly bad as of late, and my magic's getting new powers that aren't all about murder. What've I got to be worried about 'sides curfew?" They enunciated the last few words so precisely, so properly, even for that, they sounded like Shun almost pitch-perfect, his voice coming out of not-his-mouth.

It was a little weird, but to be fair, a lot about Alexis was a little weird.

"Glaucoma. 's like, uh." They counted on their fingers, frowning. "Thirty percent vision loss? Haven't exactly seen a doctor about it in years. Mostly it's my peripherals, but there's a couple of fuzzy spots; not like I can do anythin' bout it besides compensate. But yeah, just relaxing."

Blade Kuroda

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:59 pm
Shun couldn't help but scoff a bit at the 'nothing's gone horribly bad as of late. Maybe there wasn't anything catastrophic happening immediately, but he certainly felt a fair bit of pressure thanks to a variety of issues that continued to crop up before old ones could really be resolved.

"Enjoy while you can. s**t is going to hit the fan before too long," he murmured. There was the whole thing with the Charter, and Pax, "Hopefully it will not go down as... drastically as what happened with the world shift."

His brow quirked a bit as Alexis mimicked his voice. It was uncanny.

"Neat trick..."

Regarding glaucoma, he nodded slowly. Thirty percent wasn't as drastic as missing the eye completely, but it still wasn't insignificant.

It was still a little weird, seeing Alexis this relaxed. It made him wonder if he should be more suspicious that something was up. Granted, he had only dealt with them a small handful of times in the past.

Daekie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:09 pm
"It's gonna go down, I know," they muttered, uneasy. "I know, but -- somethin's going to ******** break and I'd rather I try t'hit some kind of even keel before shipwreck." Alexis smirked. It was a little more tense than it'd been before, though, and their lip twitched -- there was a tightness in their cheek. "Or some other water-related metaphor." They flicked their wrist and sent an arcing spray of cold water out into the air from nothing; just some ambient magic, no real natural skill. "Ain't no poet. I just make it work."

Blade Kuroda

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:28 pm
"Keeping up with the whole water theme, hm?" he deadpanned with a raised brow. The question was whether that came before the magic started to shape them that way or after.

In the end, it didn't matter that much.

"Well, if you are as fluid as the water you control, you should be able to adapt to whatever comes ahead."

Shun shrugged as he took another drink. Hopefully there wasn't anything wrong with the bottle of water. He did need to stay hydrated.

Daekie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:41 pm
"When life gives ya lemons," Alexis deadpanned right back, "you accept it's trying to give you a theme and you work on the wordplay. Y'can't tell me you don't have any shadow puns practiced yet for trying to look cool." They were endlessly mocking, childish, breathy; their shoulders heaved with it, like it was exhausting, and their voice clicked in their throat with odd breaths.

"I can't touch my foot t'my head, I ain't getting any bonus points here for emotionally flexible."

Blade Kuroda

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:54 pm
"I can tell you... because I have not worked on such puns," he stated. Doing so would only make him look stupid, more than anything, most likely.

"There is more than one way to be flexible."

Daekie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:18 am
"Lies," Alexis huffs, and leans down to touch their toes, one leg stretched further. The tension is palpable; there are chalk handprint smears on the chimney behind them, now that their torso isn't blocking it. "Make up some shitty puns. Someone'll think you're funny, maybe it'll be worth it."

Blade Kuroda

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:32 am
For a moment or so, he just stared at them. It was as if he was asking something along the lines of 'does it look like I want to be funny?'

While he did this, Shun noted the chalky handprints on the chimney behind Alexis. He tilted his head, trying to get a better look.

"What is that behind you?" he asked. There was a pause before he elaborated, "On the chimney, I mean."

Before he could get a smart comment about it being a chimney.

Daekie

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces