Submit

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:12 pm
The Semblance of Unity
to: Temperance Clark

Your services are required.
You'll find the girl at the attached address. Wake me up, and you will be rewarded.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:52 pm
It wasn't a place she'd ever been to, but Temperance recognized a summons when she saw one. She had to sit on it while at work - a half hour or so and she'd be free. The waiting should be kept as short as possible, she thought. A tingle ran down her spine. While the message was deliberately vague, surely it was the Lady.

Soon enough, she arrived at the house. Boring, two-story row house in a long line of them. The only thing that set it apart were the mango-colored window shutters. Kind of tacky. She nearly bounced up the door and rang the bell. Then knocked.

"Melany?"

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:10 pm
Melany answered the door after a long wait. "Temperance," she said, and she seemed surprised to see her there, gray eyes going wider. "What're you doing here? Um, Horace is at work right now?"

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:02 am
"Hi," she said brightly. "No, I came to check on you, if that's alright?" She had no ******** clue who Horace was, but she could role with it.

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:04 am
Melany had a look on her face like ok but how did you know I was here. But she stepped outside of the house and shut the door behind her, locked it fastidiously. "It's not my house," she said, "I don't want to impose more than I am already."

She said, "I'm okay. Um, sorry if you've been texting. I kind of... got rid of my phone."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:13 am
"I sure they won't mind. I mean, they care about you to let you stay." She was surprised Melany didn't ask, though she saw they questioning look flicker across her face.

"Why'd you get rid of your phone? I mean... I got a text... Bet Shiloh's worried." Temperance paused, thinking of how to bring it up, of what the trigger was. She placed a hand on Melany's shoulder. "Are you sure you're alright? Don't you need to wake up, my lady?"

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:22 am
"Wake up," asked Melany, her face going vague.

The transformation was fast, this time. The world snapped into that odd faded honey-drip time, and the Spinel Lady was brushing Temperance's hand off. "Thank you," said the Lady. "That was quite timely, my dear heart. Hm."

She brushed her hands over Melany's ballet corps jacket, shedding it in favor of some creamy confection that reached the sidewalk, just a shade too dark to match her skin. A long black coat, embroidered in the color of the dress, her curls hanging loose in gentle waves. She twisted her own wrist, doing up a myriad of small buttons with delicate gloved fingertips. "What boon do you desire? Be quick; I have an appointment to keep."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:38 am
"A life?" She gave a short laugh, unperturbed by the Lady's brushing off of her hand. "I'm sorry; you do not have time for jesting." The effortless way she used magic was still awe-inspiring. And perhaps it was this that caused her mind, her tongue to trip over things. Dear heart, dear Hart.

"I suppose I should like nothing as much than to be allowed in the company of your prescience."

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:43 am
"My appointment will bring you into contact with the tithe you are replacing," said the Lady. "Come with me if you like. If not, I will remember what I owe you for a later time."

The Semblance of Unity
shes going to noble meeting

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:56 am
"I would like to go with you, my lady." She wanted to see what the tithe was made of. Although she shared her memories, it was not enough. She was better.

shibrogane
take me u beautiful woman says fetcherance

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:58 am
"Then we go," said the Spinel Lady. She took Temperance by the arm and the two of them simply... disappeared.

The Semblance of Unity

ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff