Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:55 pm
The receptionist informed Shun that someone was waiting for him outside his office when he came back from lunch. That someone was Renard Leroux, who looked as immaculately cool as he ever did. He also looked incredibly ticked off. "Detective Lieutenant," he said, "A moment. If you please."

Blade_Kuroda

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:06 pm
Shun raised his brow as he received this news, then made his way to see who it was. He had few expectations as to who it could be, but he was mildly surprised to see Renard there waiting for him.

"Mr. Leroux," he greeted with a curt nod. The other man seemed rather displeased. He stepped to enter his office then motioned to him, "Come on in and have a seat."

Once he was on the other side of the desk, he turned back to the other man.

"What brings you here today?"

Shibrogane

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:10 pm
"My daughter's murder," said Renard frostily. He came inside, but didn't sit. Renard was tall, but not intimidatingly built, and that didn't seem to be the purpose of Renard standing, anyway. It was almost like he was trying to hold himself together. "You have her body, do you not? What progress have you made in discerning who did that to her?"

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:19 pm
Shun lifted his head, "Your husband claimed the body awhile ago."

The people in forensics had already gathered everything they could from the cadaver. The first question that came to mind was what the hell did Liam do with the body if Renard didn't know it had been claimed?

"Unfortunately, there has not been a great amount of progress for the time being. The whole shift in the worlds has admittedly made it more difficult to discern who could have done it."

A number of his suspects were those who were not native to this version of the world. Technically speaking, they couldn't have committed the act. That wasn't to say anything about their other selves, though. It made things far more complicated than he liked.

Shibrogane

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:23 pm
Renard nodded, curtly. Evidently this solved that question. "Are you not up to the challenge, Detective? Shall I request it be moved? I'm sure I could make it happen, were I to put my mind to it."

His voice fell. "She was a teenage girl who was brutally murdered. Surely you understand why I want to know who could have done it. The ability and willingness to kill my child and bleed her like an animal would not be something that would never surface again!"

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:27 pm
Shun closed his eye and grunted lowly, "No. No need for that."

He drew in a breath, "I will redouble the efforts to find the culprit."

As if he didn't have enough pressing matters at the forefront of his mind as is.

Shibrogane

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:42 pm
Renard seemed satisfied by this, or at least less stridently unhappy. "Pursuant to that," he said, calmer, "I have found something that may be helpful." From his pocket, he pulled a small black book. It wasn't for Shun; Renard opened it to a tabbed page. "It's a number. If you have paper, I will write it down."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:50 pm
With a slight tilt of his head, Shun took out some paper and a pen, then slid it towards Renard to use.

Shibrogane

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:54 pm
Renard wrote it down.

"There are texts in my phone from that number," he said. "Telling me that my daughter was asking for me. From the day that she would appear to have been murdered. I can't backtrace it, but you can."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:00 pm
Shun took the paper back, glancing down at it briefly.

"This should be of some use. I can start running it through the system after we speak," he nodded, "Do you happen to still have these texts on your phone now?"

If not, it wasn't an issue. It might save a little hassle, though.

Shibrogane

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:03 pm
"I'll send them to you," said Renard. "Once I've taken screenshots. I have no desire to surrender my phone without a subpoena requiring it."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:39 pm
"Screenshots should do," Shun nodded, tapping his fingers against the slip. He then began to dig around his desk so that he could hand Renard the contact information for where he could send the images.

Shibrogane

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:29 pm
Renard took the contact card. "I expect results, Detective," he said, tucking it into a silver card case. "She was not a shed skin. She was my daughter, and something in whatever you all fed into the sigil killed her. If corporeal justice is not served, I will mete it out on my own."

With that said, he left. The door shut with a soft click behind him.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:45 pm
Shun narrowed his eye at Renard as he stepped out of his office. That did not bode well at all.

Shibrogane

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas