iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:40 am
He was late for his first class which meant the students acted like asses. He had a meeting, an advising session, a tutoring session and at least 2 employees at the book shop had called out.

It was 3pm before Alg managed to close himself up in his office to escape, to take a breath, and rid himself of the tremors of anxiety that were already making his hands tremble lightly. He wasn't allowed to smoke on campus and he hadn't eaten anything besides a danish and tea for breakfast.

The day was awful. It was one of those days.

Seeing he'd put on mismatched socks as he leaned out of his desk chair to tie his shoe almost broke him. It wasn't even important, it wasn't even like this 'real world' 'real life' nonsense meant much but it did.. and when it wrong, all of it, on top of the magical apocalypse it was all..

Too much.

Alg sat with his head in his hands, urging away the anxiety, the tight ball in his chest, and the only blessing was that since he'd come in here to hide he could barely even here the bustles in the hallway.

He took a breath, a steading inhale and exhale, and after raking his hand through his hair he found and opened his lunch.

Finally.

Of course Jeremiah had packed him food and dessert and a small thermos of tea that was still hot and tucked in the corner was a love note..

..and now he just felt like he was going to cry.
azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:57 am
Jeremiah's day usually started before Algie's, if only out of necessity of wanting to make sure that he packed his husband something to eat (though sometimes he knew he enjoyed those greasy spoon places near the campus). It meant that some mornings, aside from setting his lunch aside for him, Jeremiah only got to brush a kiss against his husband's lips and then forehead before he would head out.

To his own string of meetings and paperwork and making sure that he was not dealing with his officers bringing in people for marijuana because, really, there were better things they could be doing than wasting tax dollars.

It was, for him, mostly a normal day. Things that used to stress him did not and Jeremiah could handle the work with ease.

What he was not handling was the unease that had curled up in the back of his mind sometime in the mid-morning (his mid-morning). It only got worse as time went on, something telling him that there was-

Well. Something was wrong and it was Algie but-

Jeremiah did not know what to do with it but the knowledge was there, waiting for him and growing in intensity. Until it was a little after 3pm and he couldn't ignore it anymore. The feeling had turned to a knot in his stomach, one that told him if he did not go and check on Algie he would regret it.

So he spoke with Preacher, told her he was out for the afternoon until further notice, and got to the campus as quick as possible.

Which definitely involved him making use of his particular talents. It was why, at 3:15, there was a familiar knock on Algie's door and Jeremiah poking his head in. "Alg? Precious?"

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:19 am
The knock had him straightening and swallowing the lump in his throat. No tears had been shed, not at work, the mask was still up of course. His shoulders stiffened to the prospect of a visitor and hu pushed his food lightly to the side and folded the note hurriedly before he heard Jeremiah's voice.

The sag set in.

"Jer-" It was relief and while his voice didn't break it was clear that seeing his husband may have been just what he needed, "-what are you doing here?"

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:08 am
It only took one look at Algie's face, aside from hearing his voice, for Jeremiah to step inside entirely and then turn to promptly lock the door behind him.

"Checking on you." It was the truth. He moved towards the other, tugging the lunch back in front of Algie to have. Jeremiah was pressing a kiss to his hair in the next movement, fingers pressing to his cheek.

"I had a feeling I needed to see you." A pause. "It's just ... be getting stronger since mid-morning."

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:15 am
Alg shifted his chair and when Jeremiah was close enough he tugged his husband to his lap. He didn't really leave it up for debate. His arms slid around him and tightened and Alg pushed his face against the other's shoulder where he let out a breath.

"Just one of those days.." He knew, logically, that he handled it all fine and that all of it was truly unimportant but sometimes the volume of everything seemed to press oppressively at him. No matter how much discipline and control he kept, he couldn't fight it.

After an audible deep breath he lifted his head, "I didn't know that was something you could sense.." How he was feeling.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:30 am
Jeremiah went easily enough, Algie's strength was greater than his own and it was not as if he was going to fight being someplace he enjoyed being. Instead he slid his arm around the other, fingers brushing through his hair and he tilted his head against Algie's.

Another kiss was pressed to silvering hair.

Close like this he could feel the low level of anxiety, the way that everything had been pushing in against Algie. Jeremiah tried to smooth it away with his own touch, though it was not warm it was still full of affection and love and understanding.

"You're allowed to have those, you know." he told him quietly before he kissed him after he lifted his head. "It also wasn't so much sensing your feelings, not like when I'm here, but more that you needed me here."

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:48 am
Alg could, with Jeremiah here, let the other's emotions wash against his own and smooth the rough edges. He always made everything easier to bear when it got too much. Kissing also helped, thanks.

"You didn't have to leave work.." But he appreciated it greatly. He even still had things to do, one of which was check on the shop which probably had irritable employees on account of the call-outs. The fact Jeremiah could sense his need was just another amazing thing and he'd long stopped questioning the other's continuous development of magical abilities.

"I may need a pipe when I get home," His green eyes lifted over his glasses to drift over Jer's face. "If you don't mind."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:29 pm
Algie had the benefit of getting a couple more kisses after the first, just because Jeremiah knew they helped. His fingers sifted through the hair at the nape of his husband's neck, thumb brushing along the skin slowly.

"No, love, I didn't but I'd rather be here anyway." Mostly because he could tell the other needed it and he had, for his part, finished up most of his work that was pressing. There were no meetings and nothing he couldn't take a little bit at home to handle.

He paused a moment before he simply pressed a kiss to Algie's forehead and nudged his glasses up. "Put those away. I've been meaning to tell you that you can smoke again if you'd like to. Can't really do so myself," it killed his throat and made him cough and gag, "but I've always liked what you smoked."

The smell was, quite honestly, soothing in it's own way. Something he attached to Algie for years.

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:40 pm
His arms adjusted around his husband's waist but remained secure, his lifeline right now. He was probably better now, fine enough anyway. but it didn't mean he wouldn't enjoy having Jeremiah with him as much as possible.

"I didn't want to bother you and we both know its terrible for my health.." He chuckled. His father had quit he'd learned, after he'd moved out of the house. His doctor had made him.

"Are you done for the day then?" Alg's head rested against the other's shoulder lightly again.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:09 pm
"Everything in moderation, precious," Jeremiah replied, leaning against the other and tilting his head against him. With a long arm he was reaching towards the lunch and tugging it closer. "Probably better than my chain smoking when I did."

It had always been stress that lead to him smoking and now he had no desire out of too many incidents.

"I'm at your service," he told him. "Whatever you need of me."

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:51 pm
Alg noticed the lunch being moved back and he sighed, "You can listen to me complain while I finish this food.."

He smiled, "Thank you, by the way." Because Jeremiah's note had been perfect at the right moment, even if the other hadn't shown right up.

"And you can listen to me complain about work?" His arms loosened further, though he still rested his head on the other.

Alg sighed further, "And I may need to stop into the shop before home."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:03 pm
"I will always listen," Jeremiah smiled and then, for a moment, his ears were turning just a touch pink. Mostly because of the thank you and because the other had found the love note he had tucked away in the morning.

He smoothed his fingers through Algie's hair, nodding and then letting out a huff. "Well if I thought it'd help, I'd go stop in at the shop in for you right now but ..." Jeremiah was very much under the impression that he was exactly where the other wanted him.

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:20 pm
"No," Alg smiled at the offer and finally pulled back enough to pat Jeremiah's knee and rub a hand over it idly. "But maybe instead of stopping by we'll just call from the car."

In his panic perhaps he figured it would be easier to be there to deal with them, but now that he was calmer.. they could handle themselves.

"They're grownups. And we'll be home faster." He turned to kiss his husband once more just because.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:35 pm
Algie was treated to Jeremiah leaning against him almost entirely, a cooler weight against his warmer body.

"That sounds like a plan," he told him with a smile. "I was already planning on coming home with you tonight anyway so this just means a sooner evening with you for me." Even if it had been because the other had been stressed.

His fingers trailed upward, catching Algie's jaw and tilting his head for a kiss. "I love you, Algernon Mercer." ... and yes, he absolutely said that on purpose that way.

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:43 pm
Alg sighed against the lips, "Thank god. Someone has to.."

He closed his eyes momentarily but smiled. Even now, Jeremiah could still make his stomach trip over itself.

azuredreams
prob can end?

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas