azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:20 pm
Nasir was getting more comfortable with being in other ashdown even though it was strange. It was another day that he had brought Trouble with him, though the flying squirrel was jumping and gliding from branch to branch in the trees that were nearby. The young warg himself was actually trying to practice magic.

What else was he going to do? Well, besides eventually look for a way out. That would probably be wise but first? Magic practice because he did not want to be helpless or a liability or-

Well.

He just wanted to be strong so others wouldn't worry about him (because sometimes he worried people thought he was too soft).

Melancholies

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:46 pm
    Having an ease of access in and out of the Otherworld was incredibly useful.

Today, Oliver was spending his day lazing around in the expansive lack of time. Here, things were slow. Here, things were limitless. He was starting to realize this, but not so much the consequences; he felt invincible, all things considered. A nap on the park bench, a few hours perusing through a book he'd meant to finish a week ago, and now he was wandering around with his hands cupped over one another. What was he doing?

Well, the fog from his encounter with Gloom wasn't lost on him. Surely there had to be a way to resummon it, right? He just... hadn't figured it out yet. He stopped when his keen senses picked up on the footsteps of another, and soon found the source of the sound thanks to his artifact from All-Seeing. It wouldn't do if he didn't go to the Otherworld prepared, his nonchalance at the danger aside.

"Nasir...?" He called out hesitantly.

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:03 pm
"Ollie?" Nasir blinked, squinting at the vaguely person shaped blob that he couldn't see. At least not until he was sliding his glasses back on from cleaning them.

"Yeah! It's me!" he said once he could actually see the other and then he was waving a hand in greeting. Trouble was still gliding through the trees, a crazy little thing.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:08 am
"Oh, thank Christ." He sighed in relief. Of course it was Nasir. He saw that it was Nasir, but he still second guessed himself at the last second despite it. Thanks anxiety.

Regardless, "Finding you sitting around in the freezing cold wasn't good enough? Now you're hanging out here too, huh." He looked around, though nothing of interest stood out to him. "You magic practicing or something? I just found out this spectacularly useless spell I can do the other day." Whether he was proud of this or not was impossible to discern.
azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:40 pm
"Well, it kind of goes hand and hand with the entire ... warg thing," Nasir had an amused smile on his lips as he came closer now that he was certain it was Oliver (because he wasn't subconsciously paranoid at all, no).

"... and, yeah, I was. I kind of want to get a handle on magic if it's a thing, you know? Though I've not gotten good at it yet or anything. Not like some of the others." His eyes cut towards his familiar a moment before he looked back to Oliver. "What kind of spell? Like the kind you can do here and in Ashdown?"

There was a difference, he knew that much.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:08 pm
    Oliver nodded, "Well, I'm not sure if I can do it on the other side, since I did it here first. Basically I was just... talking to this little marten thing, and then I made a whole bunch of fog happen."

He let that sit in the air for a second.

"I don't think it'll be particularly useful, but I still wanna know if I was the one who did it or not. The marten denied otherwise." Suddenly he realized how strange it must sound, talking as if an animal was a sentient creature. That... was what Gloom was though, essentially. At least to him.

"But aside from my moonwalker stuff, it's the only weird thing I've noticed I can do.

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:15 pm
"Probably easier for you to try here," Nasir replied. "So if you're gonna be able to then you're in the right place to do so."

If he was supposed to think it was odd that Oliver talked to a marten that spoke back, it would be a long, long time. Mostly because Nasir looked over to Trouble, almost pointedly, before looking back to Oliver. "To be fair, I am fairly certain I know an other cat that understands human language so it's not really a ... stretch that a marten was talking to you. Oh and another warg who I am certain can talk to her familiar."

Nasir was quiet before speaking up again. "Can I help? Or you just trying to do the same thing again?" He paused. "Well there's probably no way for me to help."

Melancholies

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:54 pm
    Ollie saw that look. He huffed and put his hands on his hips.

"I mean, it was a really weird marten! Not like a normal animal." Turning his head to his side quickly, his hair managed to flip a little, "It was inky black and had white eyes and spoke in third person like a child. And it was stealing things from work. Stupid thief."

He sighed, "I dunno how I even did it in the first place? We were talking about spooky Othercreature bullshit." He sighed as he swore. "It's... no big deal, probably."

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:45 pm
"Wasn't that- I mean there was one at the fairy ball, I think. Had a mask? Bow tie. I didn't speak to it but I saw it. Though I guess it's not really surprising it can talk because I think if I get good enough I can talk to Trouble." His fingers flicked towards his familiar that was still bounding through the tree limbs nearby.

Nasir was quiet before he spoke again. "How'd it feel? When you did it? Like was there a feeling with it? Anything at all?"

Melancholies

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:59 pm
    "Nope." He shook his head, "I didn't even notice it, not until I saw it. Not until Gloom reacted—that was his name, by the way, Gloom." His thoughts felt a little disjointed.

"But I also wasn't thinking about it. Maybe there was something there? I dunno." He shrugged, "Maybe it was all just a curse or something." He waved his hands for dramatic effect.

The fog rolled out from behind his legs.

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:18 pm
"Gloom is ... well, gloom and doom, you know? Sounds like he's probably the opposite of that though." Nasir was watching Oliver closely, head tilting and then eyes widening as fog rolled in.

That dramatic wave of his hands. Was that it?

"Uh. Hm." He kind of just pointed towards the fog that was rolling in, low to the ground and spreading out. "That kind of ... makes a statement, I think."

Melancholies

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:22 pm
    "What?" He tilted his head before looking down.

Oliver Beaumont was a very quiet individual. The sound he made—the shriek, rather—was not very quiet, let alone within the normal range of a sound any human should make. <********>" He hopped away from the fog, balancing precariously on one leg as he hobbled to the side. The fog slowly started to dissipate, "I'm cursed!" He said to the heavens, "******** cursed! How did I do that. How."

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:32 pm
Nasir immediately was moving and reaching out to steady Oliver, trying to make sure that he was not going to fall over or anything.

"I don't think you're cursed," he offered, "but I think if you're feeling ... kind of ... like you're wanting, I don't know, make something more dramatic. Like illustrate your point? You kind of did with the hand wave and the timing."

Melancholies

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:58 pm
    "Cursed!" He bemoaned his existence to the clouds above once more, " I'm—wait, you think so?" He looked at Nasir, still a little worked up, but surprisingly together for the moment. "I didn't think of that. I guess it fits the descriptors..."

He hmm'd for a second. The look of panic in his eyes flashed at the topic was very abruptly dropped like it'd never occurred at all. Was that a coping mechanism? Probably so. "Tell me about warging." He said suddenly, "Like, what it's like. You seem passionate about it."

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:05 pm
That was probably an amazing coping mechanism. Nasir definitely wanted some of that but Oliver's question about warging distracted him.

"Oh, it's- well it's pretty sweet, to be honest. I mean, it wasn't in the beginning because I didn't have ea handle on it but I do now. Sometimes I get headaches if I try to warg too much in Ashdown but not here?" Nasir paused and shook his head, smiling a bit because he realized he was rambling. "Anyway, I get to see through his eyes and ears, you know? I get to feel what it's like to glide through trees, to see and hear the world like he does.

"... and, you know, there's all the spying capabilities but for me it's the bond. Trouble's always there and it's kind of reassuring."

Melancholies

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces